Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Foux Du FaFa.

Et maintenant le voyage a la supermarché

Oh the nostalgia :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,523 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

wes wrote: »
    Republicans were basically poised for a fascist takeover if Trump won a 2nd term.

His supporters turning up outside polling stations and count centers with automatic weapons suggests that mightn’t have been too far away from their thinking. They forced later the count to stop as they attempted to storm the Arizona center.

Any and every president and right thinking individual would have spoken out against that, Trump, didn’t, hasn’t and won’t...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

How have I only found this now ..

https://mobile.twitter.com/DJarJarTrump

• Registered Users Posts: 16,611 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

bazermc wrote: »
    John Kelly still going on CNN with his magic wall live even though early morning.

What a legend

SkI8IMZ8MKkkUAfJ9G5dyZHoVPxLdTm0i9qNhBvI8KbUojl0v5R1QIALF1R7JHoxrhhyVGcMDNsYY0eJY0Rl2-jAmCgaK4FpNWJP2AL-dTd6z3p0FZI

Come a long way from Lyric FM:P

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

Yeah but there are plenty of hotels, conference centres etc. owned by republicans in Philadelphia. So why there of all places?

Imagine ringing your local DIY shop early Saturday morning and asking if I could rent some outdoor space for a media press conference. Just imagine the confusion on the person face who answers the call.

They certainly would think it is some sort of prank being played. I just don't see how someone would agree to it out of the blue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

The right accuses people of the stuff they are doing, is because they can't fathom other people not being corrupt.

The sea change of the arguments have been non too surprising, it's been a funny few days. In the words of Ronald... I'm lovin it!

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Et maintenant le voyage a la supermarché

Oh the nostalgia :D

Bonjour mon petit bureau de change. :pac:

Damn, I feel like I'm getting the urge to binge watch all their stuff again today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Which one is redneck Facebook?

Parler

Bonjour mon petit bureau de change. :pac:

Damn, I feel like I'm getting the urge to binge watch all their stuff again today. :D

Great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭francois

New twitter account for the transition

https://twitter.com/Transition46

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

There is no meaningful distinction to make between "Oh, they wanted to actively hurt x people" vs "They would have facilitated the hurting of those people". They voted for a would-be fascist. That's a decision they are responsible for.

They found it funny when he mocked the disabled, or didn't mind it. They loved when he deliberately let people die because they were likely blue voters, or at least didn't mind it. They enjoyed his characterisation of immigrants, the deliberate separation of families, the lies about Muslims on 9/11, the lies about doctors getting paid extra for dead Covid patients, the way he talks about women and his longstanding reputation for abusing them, his sabotage of the USPS for his own ends, installation of profoundly compromised SC judges, innuendo about "second amendment people" solving his problems for him, his constant racist dogwhistling and his gladhanding of people who identify themselves as white supremacists - or least didn't mind it.

There is no way to not know what the modern GOP is now, only ways to pretend it's something else. That's a choice. They own that. It is not chest pumping to point out these people are not allies in waiting who just need to be brought around. It would be irrational to waste effort trying to court them, as Obama did. We saw what thanks he got for it from them.

There's room in the car if they want to come, but the car can't wait all day to suit them and they don't get to drive.

Exactly, even if they are not primarily motivated by hate and racist rhetoric, they sure as well aren't de-motivated by it either. They are selfish, I'm-alright-Jack-who-cares-about-anyone-else mé féiners. Hilary was right about them being deplorables even if politically it was foolish to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Great news for Ireland from an economic point of view that Biden was successful.

I think this is a little bit over stated. I don't think it was going to make a huge difference to Ireland economically whichever one won. Biden has a couple of policies that are bad for Ireland too that could conceivably make him worse for us than Trump in economic terms. His plan to increase corporation tax in the US by a massive 7% being the obvious one, with the mostly negative impact such a thing could have on US corporate investment overseas. There may be a point of view that such a move could actually increase overseas investment, or at least keep the existing investment safer, but on balance, it is seen to be more damaging if US business is poorer. And if the Dems were to get control of the senate now, or in the 2022 mid-terms, it would go through! Biden's wish to bring Pharma and other jobs back to the US isn't any different to Trump's - in fact, Obama had the very same goal. The difficulty the UK will have in getting a US trade deal doesn't really change very much. It was always going to be very difficult if they messed with the GFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

They voted for a racist fascist.... Its not unreasonable to think people who vote for racist fascists are themselves racist fascists? I think people who voted for racist fascists, if they don't want to be considered racist fascists, should not vote for them. The Republican party is very explicitly under Trump a full on racist and fascist part. We are not talking about a fringe of the party. This is clearly what the Republican party under Trump is.

Now under Bush, who I am no fan of and think should be in prison for war crimes, you could make that claim, that not every voter was a racist etc, but no such excuse exists for voting for Republicans under Trump as the racism isn't a fringe anymore, it is the party.

Also, there is no comparison between fascist and "defund" wing of the democrats. The "defund" wing should not use that language as it is inaccurate, and it would be more accurate to say, reallocate funds to other emergency services to handle stuff the police have no business handling in the first place. Comparing bad messaging to full on racism and fascism is completely absurd, and both siderism at its worst.

Just because you see trump as a racist and fascist doesn't mean his 70milion supporters see him as that so in their minds they re not voting for a racist a fascist, they are voting for other reasons hence why you cant tar70milion people as racist and fascist but hey we wont agree so that's that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Any chance you'd spell out this path to victory as you see it?

You know the path yourself, you have been discussing it in thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

It will make the Borat 3 cut. Sascha Baron Cohen does not need to do a whole lot.

francois wrote: »
    New twitter account for the transition

https://twitter.com/Transition46

Some of those comments make me very glad I quit Twitter a few months ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Just because you see trump as a racist and fascist doesn't mean his 70milion supporters see him as that so in their minds they re not voting for a racist a fascist, they are voting for other reasons hence why you cant tar70milion people as racist and fascist but hey we wont agree so that's that.

Its just easier to call him buzz words than actually drill down to it. Trump is neither a racist or fascist, similar to how biden isnt a communist, but branding people with buzz words makes it easier to justify hate

• Registered Users Posts: 16,611 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Parler

Surely a bad move to give a network with their target market such a poncey French name!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

iebamm2580 wrote: »

I can and will tar them as such. Ignorance is part of racism. They voted for an open racist, and as such are racist. If you refuse to recognize that, we will just keep getting Trumps again and again as people fail to condemn obvious racist, who go out of there way to show you that they are racist, by the words they say and by there actions in voting for a racist and so on.

FFS, you could maybe make the excuse the first time, but a 2nd time? Sorry you are taking the piss with that claim.

America has a racism problem. Pretending it doesn't exist won't solve a damn thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,523 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2020/nov/07/dont-be-ridiculous-rudy-giuliani-learns-about-biden-win-from-reporters-video

Giuliani loosing his shît, The petulant little bully as it’s confirmed for him by the media of their loss during a press conference of the presidency.

• Advertisement

drogon. wrote: »
    Imagine ringing your local DIY shop early Saturday morning and asking if I could rent some outdoor space for a media press conference. Just imagine the confusion on the person face who answers the call.

They certainly would think it is some sort of prank being played. I just don't see how someone would agree to it out of the blue.

I totally see your point, but I still think it's just too coincidental to choose this place over all the other possible places just because it may or may not be hard to believe that the owner didn't question why they chose their business to do it at.

Besides, you want to make sure the place you pick is distinct enough to minimise the possibility of some members of the press going to the wrong location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

I can and will tar them as such. Ignorance is part of racism. They voted for an open racist, and as such are racist. If you refuse to recognize that, we will just keep getting Trumps again and again as people fail to condemn obvious racist, who go out of there way to show you that they are racist, by the words they say and by there actions in voting for a racist and so on.

FFS, you could maybe make the excuse the first time, but a 2nd time? Sorry you are taking the piss with that claim.

America has a racism problem. Pretending it doesn't exist won't solve a damn thing.

tar them all you alike, i wont do that to any group of people, to say 70million Americans are racists is just childish and i would say grossly inaccurate, i will agree it does have a racism problem long before trump who admittedly didn't help things. What are the black people that voted for trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,761 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Great news for Ireland from an economic point of view that Biden was successful.

The reasons most were cheering him on seems to be be purely personality based however.

Trump should keep his mouth shut, the door will reopen in 2024, Bidens taking the helm of a sinking ship.

Unfortunately politics are mundane again, I often smiled at Trumps outrageous tweets over the past few years

If any door is going to be 'reopening' for Donald in 2024 it is more likely to be a cell door than the door to the White House.

The fact that you even suggest he could be considered again while stating, in the same sentence, that Biden is taking over a sinking ship (who was captain of this ship) is making me scratch my head here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

drogon. wrote: »

No way the republicans meant to use the landscaping car park. Possibly it was someone disgruntled on the staff who did it for a laugh, but why wait until now if they wanted to make a fool of Trump/ Gulianni? Why would they even have remained on the staff this long if they felt like that about Trump.

They made a mistake in saying they were at the Four Seasons, booked the wrong place, then had to stick with the plan rather than back down.

Whoever took the booking at the landscaping place just figured they were about to appear on a hidden camera show and went with it for a laugh.

Now under Bush, who I am no fan of and think should be in prison for war crimes, you could make that claim, that not every voter was a racist etc, but no such excuse exists for voting for Republicans under Trump as the racism isn't a fringe anymore, it is the party.t.

Ah yeah, go and bomb millions of people into oblivion killing hundreds of thousands not so bad. But dont say anything nasty about immigration. What a world you inhabit wes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Christy42

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I think this is a little bit over stated. I don't think it was going to make a huge difference to Ireland economically whichever one won. Biden has a couple of policies that are bad for Ireland too that could conceivably make him worse for us than Trump in economic terms. His plan to increase corporation tax in the US by a massive 7% being the obvious one, with the mostly negative impact such a thing could have on US corporate investment overseas. There may be a point of view that such a move could actually increase overseas investment, or at least keep the existing investment safer, but on balance, it is seen to be more damaging if US business is poorer. And if the Dems were to get control of the senate now, or in the 2022 mid-terms, it would go through! Biden's wish to bring Pharma and other jobs back to the US isn't any different to Trump's - in fact, Obama had the very same goal. The difficulty the UK will have in getting a US trade deal doesn't really change very much. It was always going to be very difficult if they messed with the GFA.

It brings Boris to the table sooner and doesn't let him believe in a US trade deal without the gfa. In fact he announced this morning he is back at the table so we'll done Joe on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,761 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What some of the 71 million deplorable racist monsters who voted for Trump are saveable. Just a few mind.

Let me tell you, the vast vast majority of his voters are ordinary decent people.

Let me ask you, why did they vote for him?

Given what we have seen and heard from him over the last 4 years, what was it that made them think, we want more of that.

Because, either I am not seeing it, or it was a deplorable position to take.

'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice............'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

briany wrote: »
    One small thing... I've always said "Mish-igan", but throughout this US election, I've been hearing "Mitch-igan" a lot. I'm feeling a bit of the Mandela effect.

Don't get me started on Arkansas

.......or Chicago

You know the path yourself, you have been discussing it in thread.

So the road to nowhere

• Advertisement

Its just easier to call him buzz words than actually drill down to it. Trump is neither a racist or fascist, similar to how biden isnt a communist, but branding people with buzz words makes it easier to justify hate

Well if you'd prefer to drill down to it, let's do it then shall we?

Here's the Wiki page full of his racial remarks, and I'm sure you've arguments ready for all of them. Otherwise, why support him?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

Let's start with an easy one. Trump is quoted in this book as saying:

"Black guys counting my money! I hate it."
    and
    "And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks."

e1a4bb0d-9c49-424f-9061-c76961e415e4.png

In what way is that not racist?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement