Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

Senior republican Mitt Romney on CNN “Donald Trump has a relaxed relationship with the truth”.
    The way he delivered that comment made me laugh even though I knew it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭briany

Good news for Trump is that the Simpsons also predicted that being a recently released felon does not disqualify you from running for office on a Republican ticket.

Angry-Sideshow-Bob-Walks-Out-Of-Prison-To-Get-Bart-On-The-Simpsons.gif

A fine 'mahok' to you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

funnydoggy wrote: »

LOL. Reminds me of when my American friend does her intentionally bad Irish accent. :D I do be in stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    tar them all you alike, i wont do that to any group of people, to say 70million Americans are racists is just childish and i would say grossly inaccurate, i will agree it does have a racism problem long before trump who admittedly didn't help things. What are the black people that voted for trump?

Exactly. 70million Americans voted for a racist. Does that make them a racist by extension? I'm not entirely convinced, especially in the context of a two horse race.

They certainly didn't all vote him in for racist reasons.

The hard work for Biden now will be to figure out those reasons and how to build some bridges.

The campaign wasn't won by tackling these issues, rather by giving Trump (just) enough rope to hang himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

bazermc wrote: »
    John Kelly still going on CNN with his magic wall live even though early morning.

What a legend

How dare you mistype his name.

Shame on you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

You know the path yourself, you have been discussing it in thread.

The road to nowhere with Rudy Giuliani??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

What some of the 71 million deplorable racist monsters who voted for Trump are saveable. Just a few mind.

Let me tell you, the vast vast majority of his voters are ordinary decent people.

They defined themselves politically by a man who defines himself as a bully. Again, he has no policies - you cannot say "Well, maybe his health plan was so good they were able to overlook the fact he very openly tried to steal an election by sabotaging a major voting channel during a pandemic", because he doesn't really have one.

They hitched their wagon to a terrible person because he's a terrible person. He has nothing else on sale. It doesn't matter if they don't think they're racist, if they're doing racist things like voting for a racist.

It doesn't matter how somebody thinks they smell if they roll around in pigslurry and won't wash.

Well if you'd prefer to drill down to it, let's do it then shall we?

Here's the Wiki page full of his racial remarks, and I'm sure you've arguments ready for all of them. Otherwise, why support him?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

Let's start with an easy one. Trump is quoted in his own book as saying:

"Black guys counting my money! I hate it."
    and
    "And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks."

e1a4bb0d-9c49-424f-9061-c76961e415e4.png

In what way is that not racist?

Wow.. hard to blindly scream fake news when it's published under his own name?

Although maybe the vote fraud was so extensive to have made it to publishing? I bet Bidens crack team sneakily sought out every published copy of that book and replaced that page. There is no end to Bidens underhand tactics.

Parler

Thanks another one for the installed app scan list.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's nice watching the Republican establishment remain largely silent while Trump's circle foam at the mouth. But you know that if that same circle were on boat that was sinking, Rudy would be the first man classified as 'ballast'. Unless Chris Christie was there as well, although they may keep him to eat.

• Advertisement

km991148 wrote: »
    Wow.. hard to blindly scream fake news when it's published under his own name?

Trump fans typically use the same defence for this particular piece of evidence. I'm waiting to see if Eric Cartman will use this same defence, or come up with his own. :)

Its just easier to call him buzz words than actually drill down to it. Trump is neither a racist or fascist, similar to how biden isnt a communist, but branding people with buzz words makes it easier to justify hate

Trump is a racist. It's not a buzzword. He IS a racist.

He also has a horn for fascism as seen by his actions and words.

He's a misogynist.

He's also a liar.

He's an awful human.

Think I covered all bases there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,365 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

wes wrote: »
    While Libertarian's lean right, they are not big fans of government sticking there nose in people business. Republicans packing the court to get rid of roe v wade, and marriage equality may very well have pissed some of them off. The mistake they are making much like the democrats last time is that you need to appeal to voters. They don't owe you there vote at end of they day. Republicans were basically poised for a fascist takeover if Trump won a 2nd term.

American Libertarians are mostly just Republicans spelt wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Here's the Wiki page full of his racial remarks, and I'm sure you've arguments ready for all of them. Otherwise, why support him?

and

And biden has comments about ‘racial jungles’ etc.. different times. If were comparing the past to now the two candidates are par for off colour remakrs

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Penn wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that if Trump concedes, tells his supporters to accept Biden as president and commits to a fully peaceful and productive transition period... f*ck it... give him the Nobel Peace Prize!

The Nobel peace prize for saving America from himself?

Its just easier to call him buzz words than actually drill down to it. Trump is neither a racist or fascist, similar to how biden isnt a communist, but branding people with buzz words makes it easier to justify hate

Plus you've gotta be kidding. Your posts are often examples of buzzword 'like whoring'.

How many threads do you get in on on the first page with a bunch if buzzwords just to get the likes?? Then no follow up whatsoever.

Transgender kids this, snowflake that blah blah blah..

That's all fine, it's a forum but cmon, that's beyond hypocrisy..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

drogon. wrote: »
    Imagine ringing your local DIY shop early Saturday morning and asking if I could rent some outdoor space for a media press conference. Just imagine the confusion on the person face who answers the call.

They certainly would think it is some sort of prank being played. I just don't see how someone would agree to it out of the blue.

https://twitter.com/everywhereist/status/1325231343878336512?s=19

and

See, what Trump meant was...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Christy42 wrote: »
    It brings Boris to the table sooner and doesn't let him believe in a US trade deal without the gfa. In fact he announced this morning he is back at the table so we'll done Joe on that one.

The UK haven't actually been away from the table.

Doesnt matter a ****e what Boris believes - or, more to the point, what he pretends to believe.

See, what Trump meant was...

Probably just kidding right? The classic gas light.

• Advertisement

LOL. Reminds me of when my American friend does her intentionally bad Irish accent. :D I do be in stitches.

That "I do be" had me in stitches.

You can spot a Paddy from miles away by their hair and their Hiberno-English tics.

Dial Hard wrote: »

I firmly believe all future Presidential election events should take place outside the fertiliser storage shed in the car park behind Four Seasons Total Landscaping, next to the crematorium, by the windowless sex shop with an ongoing "dildo madness" sale.

It has enhanced the whole race immensely.

And biden has comments about ‘racial jungles’ etc.. different times. If were comparing the past to now the two candidates are par for off colour remakrs

Oh wow, that was not the response that I thought you would go for.

So you don't think this passage would have been considered racist in the late 80s? That's an impressive level of ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

omega man wrote: »
    They’ll calm down sooner or later when it dawns on them that Biden isn’t a communist.

Biden isn't some unknown entity just coming in to the spotlight. He was vp back when trump was last a democrat. They know what he's like and they know it didn't happen under Obama. They believe the bull fed to them by trump and his team that Biden is radical left wing and is going to turn America in to the cold war era Russia they were all told to fear back then.

A large amount are beyond help and are ready for the republicans to go full on again starting in a couple of months telling them how evil Boden is and needs to be stopped. They'll be salivating waiting for it. They bought the Obama birther bull and will swallow whatever else they are fed.

We're talking about Trump here. You said he wasn't a racist and that it was just a buzzword.

So is he racist or not based on that excerpt?

So you don't think this response would have been considered racist in the late 80s? That's an impressive level of ignorance.

Deflection and whataboutary.. to be honest that's one of the problems.. people have no interest in healthy debate or understanding. Point scoring in the main (and before there are cries of hypocrisy, I'm sure there are times where I've done the same, but some people, that's all the got).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

next to the crematorium, by the windowless sex shop with an ongoing "dildo madness" sale.

As I saw someone say on Twitter earlier, Giuiliani didn't know if he was coming or going...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Always love the "different times" excuse for being a racist.

Biden isn't some unknown entity just coming in to the spotlight. He was vp back when trump was last a democrat. They know what he's like and they know it didn't happen under Obama. They believe the bull fed to them by trump and his team that Biden is radical left wing and is going to turn America in to the cold war era Russia they were all told to fear back then.

A large amount are beyond help and are ready for the republicans to go full on again starting in a couple of months telling them how evil Boden is and needs to be stopped. They'll be salivating waiting for it. They bought the Obama birther bull and will swallow whatever else they are fed.

As sad as I am to say it, I think selecting Biden was the right call in the end because it'll be that little bit harder for all this stuff to gain traction, even over four years, than it would have been for a black or female candidate. It'll be just that little bit harder to get media outlets to treat the idea him being secretly foreign or "too shrill" as credible questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

So you don't think this response would have been considered racist in the late 80s? That's an impressive level of ignorance.

I think it would have but I think the acceptability to make comments like that with other middle aged white guys would have been there at that time.

If were excluding everyone who made racist remarks in the 70s or 80s from holding office then most of either partys memebers over the age of 40 would be gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement