Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

We're talking about Trump here. You said he wasn't a racist and that it was just a buzzword.

So is he racist or not based on that excerpt?

Making an off colour remark or two does not make trump a racist , if it does you have to call biden a racist too, they either both are or neither are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Making an off colour remark or two does not make trump a racist , if it does you have to call biden a racist too, they either both are or neither are.

Cool cool cool cool cool

Just buzzwords

So you have no argument for how Trump is not a racist other than "this other guy is racist too"?

Is Trump a racist relative to the average person, yes or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,760 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Making an off colour remark or two does not make trump a racist

When people show you who they are, believe them.

Cool cool cool cool cool

Just buzzwords

"They keep throwing around buzzwords like he is a racist without any evidence."

"Here is some evidence."

"Yeah, well, like, that's from a different time, and, like, this other guy is also a racist."

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

So you have no argument for how Trump is not a racist other than "this other guy is racist too"?

Is Trump a racist relative to the average person, yes or no?

Trump will admit he's a loser on his own merits before you get an answer to that..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Always love the "different times" excuse for being a racist.

It has some validity. The ceasless drive to demonize words and to give them negative nuances means that what was said in the past can be interpreted today as having negative intent, by the standards of present day filters, when the intent in the day of their saying was not what is being presently aleged.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,918 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cool cool cool cool cool

Just buzzwords

Just locker room talk...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,523 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

briany wrote: »
    It's nice watching the Republican establishment remain largely silent while Trump's circle foam at the mouth. But you know that if that same circle were on boat that was sinking, Rudy would be the first man classified as 'ballast'. Unless Chris Christie was there as well, although they may keep him to eat.

The republicans are in damage limitation mode, all behind trump when things are positive, when he becomes a liability to them, a looser.... they are distancing themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Incidentally, what one of his books is that from? Is it still in print on its original form?

• Advertisement

km991148 wrote: »
    Incidentally, what one of his books is that from? Is it still in print on its original form?

Trumped.

There is a very easy get out of jail card Eric Cartman could have used to defend these statements and that other republicans use, but he backed himself into a corner and can't use that defence anymore. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

President cranky pants still tweeting his nonsense I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

namloc1980 wrote: »
    President cranky pants still tweeting his nonsense I see.

6 tweets so far today and 5 of them flagged. The embarrassment continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

It'd be great if, in the future, Trump splits the Republican vote with a breakaway party for his fanatics.

cnocbui wrote: »
    It has some validity. The ceasless drive to demonize words and to give them negative nuances means that what was said in the past can be interpreted today as having negative intent, by the standards of present day filters, when the intent in the day of their saying was not what is being presently aleged.
    There's definitely a validity to it. But that's not being argued here.

Someone is saying Trump is not racist and the defence seems to be that someone else.is also racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

It'd be great if, in the future, Trump splits the Republican vote with a breakaway party for his fanatics.

Very possible it may happen. Take his supporters with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Very possible it may happen. Take his supporters with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Something I hope nobody forgets in the next four years -

The Republican party very brazenly tried to steal this election. There is every reason to believe that if they had pulled it off, this would have been the last meaningful election the US ever had.

They just didn't get away with it. I sincerely hope the Democrats are ready to keep that in mind in all future dealings with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭briany

Biden's right in that America needs to come together. Unfortunately, it's not really enough to posit that idea as if both sides will realise they've been wrong to hate one another and will embrace warmly in the streets across America. One thing that should happen is that you cannot just push any spiel you want on social media. There's freedom of speech and then there is slander and libel. You cannot say things publicly that damage a person's reputation without being prepared to back that up, or else be prepared to pay restitution to the injured party.

And pushing critical thinking more in education. When a claim is made, ask 'where is your evidence of this?'.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,918 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He's strongly focusing now on determining if they have enough evidence of voter fraud which could change the results of the election and whether the challenge of bringing these things to court could damage the fundamentals of American democracy, or whether he should concede gracefully in order to help the country move forward and to put the country first.

Nah, just kidding. He's gone golfing again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1325442336957018112

trump really doesnt get it does he, they dont love president-elect Biden more than president Obama, they just want you gone.

The Republican party very brazenly tried to steal this election. There is every reason to believe that if they had pulled it off, this would have been the last meaningful election the US ever had.

They just didn't get away with it. I sincerely hope the Democrats are ready to keep that in mind in all future dealings with them.

They need to remove all suppression methods and gerrymandering.

Give the vote back to felons.

Make it easy as hell to vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Now I couldn't love Stephen King any more than I do now:

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1325452188303433728?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

I actually don't think the republican party tried to steal the election, Donald trump tried to steal it. Did you not hear Pence at the first presser on Tuesday night? He made it quite clear that everything would be done correctly when it comes to voting. I'm paraphrasing him but that's the jist. Trump was 1-0 up at half time and he wanted to take the ball and go home claiming victory when the other half of the match was still to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

eeepaulo wrote: »

trump really doesnt get it does he, they dont love president-elect Biden more than president Obama, they just want you gone.

DON'T BELIEVE THE POLLS.. UNLESS THEY FAVOUR ME!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

CFlat wrote: »
    I actually don't think the republican party tried to steal the election, Donald trump tried to steal it. Did you not hear Pence at the first presser on Tuesday night? He made it quite clear that everything would be done correctly when it comes to voting. I'm paraphrasing him but that's the jist. Trump was 1-0 up at half time and he wanted to take the ball and go home claiming victory when the other half of the match was still to play for.

Trump didn't decide to limit drop off boxes to one per county in Texas (was it?) on his own if it even was his doing . That was done and implemented at party level .

Speaking of pence, has he vanished or am I just not seeing any sign of him on the stuff I see?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Trump didn't decide to limit drop off boxes to one per county in Texas (was it?) on his own if it even was his doing . That was done and implemented at party level .

Speaking of pence, has he vanished or am I just not seeing any sign of him on the stuff I see?

There's a rumor going around that he's got COVID as he's head of the committee over it and a bunch of his lieutenents have got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,365 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

py2006 wrote: »
    Now I couldn't love Stephen King any more than I do now:

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1325452188303433728?s=20

:pac: Best thing he's written in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

eeepaulo wrote: »

Why is it always like this with him? "Best pollster in Britain". Everyone he works with or deals with or approves of has to be the best.

It's so childish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭briany

I see Steven Crowder is fully on the voter fraud train. You may remember him as the originator of the 'prove me wrong' meme.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement