Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,420 ✭✭✭✭road_high

So Johnson and co are about to cut their losses and throw the north away yet again then? Common sense dictates a trade deal with the EU and future USA trade is multiples more pertinent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Penn wrote: »
    It really is. We don't know what the actual explanation of how it all happened is, yet every possible explanation is still absolutely hilarious.

I mean, every part of it individually is hilarious on its own. The Four Seasons / Four Seasons Landscaping aspect, the fact its between a sex shop and a crematorium, the fact they called the election for Biden right before it and Ruby found out during the press conference, it being Trump's "Big Announcement" on voter fraud by his legal representative as a dying chance to convince people... Any one of those is both funny and tragic on its own... but how everything happened... If it happened on Veep or The Thick Of It you'd find it funny but would know it'd never happen in real life.

It's genuinely amazing.

I know your bias causes you all to think everybody you disagree with is dumb... but the fact that there is no questioning part of your mind causing you to reconsider your assumptions is telling. Instead you go wild with it like the nigerian prince really did you just give you the best opportunity of your life and all you have to do is send your account details!

Giuliani is not incompetent and he's not an idiot no matter how much propaganda and hit pieces are thrown your way telling you otherwise. Question things ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Great Britannia has sprung a leak and its sinking in the Atlantic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

froog wrote: »
    my god these people are the worst losers of all time.

Remains to be seen if they are actually worse than the democrats last time. Four entire years of blabbing on and on about Russian collusion after the world and its dog knew the whole thing was entirely bogus. Plus all the pasty and pimply obese students with "not my president" written in crayon on their foreheads.

Republicans will give them a run for their money though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,651 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

It'd be great if, in the future, Trump splits the Republican vote with a breakaway party for his fanatics.

This is something they need to be careful about.

My own guess is that when Trump finally does leave the White House, we'll hear very very little from him. I doubt he'd want to run again in 4 years, and I doubt he has any interest in actual political commentary.

But yeah, if he were to create a new party with an eye towards one of his kids in 2024, it really could fracture the Republican vote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Looks like good news for Ireland here on the back of the result

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1325452627740684293

Any proof of this from the media on either side of the channel considering its a Sunday, the election result was only announced yesterday and the inauguration isnt for 3 months?

Nick Hurst (rando Twitter user) is talking from his back end I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

You can add to that that Trump was golfing when the announcement was made leading to the joke that when Biden became President, Trump was in a bunker.

Second fascist I know of to end his reign in a bunker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

regarding trump pardoning himself. wouldn't he have to admit crimes before pardoning them? how would that work exactly? surely he can't give himself a blank cheque to make himself immune to any and all prosecution when he leaves office.

Overheal wrote: »
    My President-elect went to mass today. The evangelicals should be delighted and quiet.

Do a lot of them not see Catholics as followers of the Anti Christ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,918 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I know your bias causes you all to think everybody you disagree with is dumb... but the fact that there is no questioning part of your mind causing you to reconsider your assumptions is telling. Instead you go wild with it like the nigerian prince really did you just give you the best opportunity of your life and all you have to do is send your account details!

Giuliani is not incompetent and he's not an idiot no matter how much propaganda and hit pieces are thrown your way telling you otherwise. Question things ffs.

I have questioned things. And I've found no logical reason why the public face of President Trump's legal team in the midst of challenging the results of the US Presidential Election would purposefully choose to hold a press conference on same outside the offices of a landscaping company (which just so happens to have the same name as a popular chain of hotels which would be the more obvious place to have such a conference), which is beside a sex shop and across from a crematorium.

Even if they looked at the map and just wanted a parking lot in order to hold it outside, the fact that no one even slightly thought to check what the parking lot was for is insane. You say Guiliani isn't incompetent, but clearly his team or whoever organised the location is. Every aspect of what happened at that conference was utterly, utterly shambolic, and is quite rightfully the subject of huge derision.

So tell me, if you've questioned it, what do you think the reason is for choosing to hold this incredibly important press conference outside the offices of a landscaping company, beside a sex shop and a crematorium?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,611 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Registered Users Posts: 83,637 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Do a lot of them not see Catholics as followers of the Anti Christ?

122761.jpg

Wanna guess which denomination Amy Coney Barret is?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

122761.jpg

Some weird Catholic sect if I remember correctly?

froog wrote: »
    regarding trump pardoning himself. wouldn't he have to admit crimes before pardoning them? how would that work exactly? surely he can't give himself a blank cheque to make himself immune to any and all prosecution when he leaves office.

It's an untested constitutional question whether he could do it or not, but it definitely does involve admission of guilt and with it waiving on 5th amendment protections for the crimes.

Also, the presidential pardon only applies to federal crimes. SDNY can still prosecute him for violating NY state law. Cuomo is not going to pardon him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

Reading comments on US social media outlets and the die hards genuinely believe (in gods name!) that the election was fraudulent and that a full national recount is essential or that the Supreme Court will overrule the result. Looney tunes.

omega man wrote: »
    Reading comments on US social media outlets and the die hards genuinely believe (in gods name!) that the election was fraudulent and that a full national recount is essential or that the Supreme Court will overrule the result. Looney tunes.

From the people that brought you "Democrats are trying to undo an election"

122761.jpg

Would honestly have to look it up, but based on the context of our chat, I'm going to go with Catholic just for kicks.

Edit: So Catholic with extra banjo thrown in by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Second fascist I know of to end his reign in a bunker!!

Trump isn't a Fascist, he's a narcissistic oddball, but he isn't a Fascist.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

122761.jpg

That's very interesting. I wouldn't have thought so many Catholics. Only one protestant on the supreme court. I didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,760 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

nullzero wrote: »
    Trump isn't a Fascist, he's a narcissistic oddball, but he isn't a Fascist.

Signs of Facism in bold, my coments vis-a-vis Trump in non-bold.
    • Powerful and continuing nationalism America First!!!
    • Disdain for human rights Separate kids from parents
    • Identification of enemies as a unifying cause 'The radical left coming for your guns'
    • Supremacy of the military Had a military parade in Washington
    • Rampant sexism Ahem? Do I need to say anything?
    • Controlled mass media He wishes, oh how he wishes.
    • Obsession with national security Muslim Ban
    • Religion and government intertwined He panders to conservative christians
    • Corporate power protected Refused oversight for stimulus to big business during covid. Has decried regulation.
    • Labor [sic] power suppressed His appointees have to National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) have made it more difficult to elect representation
    • Disdain for intellectuals & the arts Lambasts universities and 'Hollywood elites'
    • Obsession with crime & punishment Law and Order President
    • Rampant cronyism & corruption Where do we start?
    • Fraudulent elections Sought Russian help in 2016, tried to hobble mail in functionality in 2020

Looks like Donald has the full house.

• Advertisement

• Identification of enemies as a unifying cause 'The radical left coming for your guns'
    • Corporate power protected Refused oversight for stimulus to big business during covid. Has decried regulation.
    • Labor [sic] power suppressed
    • Disdain for intellectuals & the arts Lambasts universities and 'Hollywood elites'
    • Fraudulent elections Sought Russian help in 2016, tried to hobble mail in functionality in 2020

Looks like Donald nearly has the full house.

Carmanfacedog did an incredible writeup about this months ago. I bookmarked it:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113647685&postcount=8689

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Too many Catholics on that supreme court.

Going to have to appoint an equal number of Muslims in the name of equality.

Everything must be equal you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

85603 wrote: »
    Too many Catholics on that supreme court.

Going to have to appoint an equal number of Muslims in the name of equality.

Everything must be equal you see.

I would have reservations about anybody involved in such antiquated mythology being in such a position of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

py2006 wrote: »
    I would have reservations about anybody involved in such antiquated mythology being in such a position of power.

Twice as many men as women too.

Going to have to fix that too. And majority white. And zero trans.

This is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

• Labor [sic] power suppressed His appointees have to National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) have made it more difficult to elect representation

He's a right wing populist, not a Fascist.

Nice.list though.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    He's a right wing populist, not a Fascist.

Nice.list though.

Which of the points I gave which indicate his pattern of behaviour confirming with fascist tendencies do you disagree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Remains to be seen if they are actually worse than the democrats last time. Four entire years of blabbing on and on about Russian collusion after the world and its dog knew the whole thing was entirely bogus.

Posting this link again, because it sounds like you know something they don't, and you could spare them a lot of wasted time:

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cyber/russian-interference-in-2016-u-s-elections

• Registered Users Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

To be fair, a lot of those charges could be laid at almost any US politician.

To be fair, a lot of those charges could be laid at almost any US politician.

Why dont you give us your version for Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

py2006 wrote: »

You could say that about all religions though. Atheists only?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement