Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Which of the points I gave which indicate his pattern of behaviour confirming with fascist tendencies do you disagree with.

All of them, because you don't seem to understand the difference between right wing populism and Fascism.

It isn't the first time you've shown a complete lack of understanding of a subject. Nobody's perfect though. Live and learn etc.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

py2006 wrote: »
    I would have reservations about anybody involved in such antiquated mythology being in such a position of power.

Me too, some of these people think Armageddon is the world's inevitable destiny so they see no reason to try to avert it when it seems a step closer.

To be fair, a lot of those charges could be laid at almost any US politician.

At a glance they could but Trump invariably did them to a far more extreme degree than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

RTE are getting some mileage out of this. Lovely piece.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1325400148097249280

• Registered Users Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Why dont you give us your version for Biden.

Ok then, on disdain for human rights, pretty sure the Obama/Biden administration made good use of drone bombers in the middle east.

My point here isn't anti Biden or pro-Trump. What it is is that the political system of a superpower tends to reflect the list you mention by it's very nature as a superpower. Obsession with the military and flag waving nationalism is part of american culture at this stage and really cannot be attributed to one side or another

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

It'd be great if, in the future, Trump splits the Republican vote with a breakaway party for his fanatics.

We can but dream

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Trump was too stupid to be a proper fascist. Fascist tendencies? Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

This is like a propaganda piece for America.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

RTE always been good for a montage piece in fairness. This one is fairly epic

Ok then, on disdain for human rights, pretty sure the Obama/Biden administration made good use of drone bombers in the middle east.

My point here isn't anti Biden or pro-Trump. What it is is that the political system of a superpower tends to reflect the list you mention by it's very nature as a superpower. Obsession with the military and flag waving nationalism is part of american culture at this stage and really cannot be attributed to one side or another

The party conventions in America are a contest on how many US flags they can fit into every scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The party conventions in America are a contest on how many US flags they can fit into every scene.
    Absolutely.

In the tweet above, there are 16 USA flags behind Bidens podium. Trump has as many on his stages. What other western country would have a stage set up like that?

The idea that nationalism or militarism is the preserve of one side of the US divide is completely at odds with reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

You could say that about all religions though. Atheists only?

I was saying it about all religions. :confused:

Absolutely.

In the tweet above, there are 16 USA flags behind Bidens podium. Trump has as many on his stages. What other western country would have a stage set up like that?

The idea that nationalism or militarism is the preserve of one side of the US divide is completely at odds with reality.

Americans have far more in common than they'd like to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

py2006 wrote: »
    I was saying it about all religions. :confused:

Sorry. Misunderstood you to mean catholics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Signs of Facism in bold, my coments vis-a-vis Trump in non-bold.

[*]Powerful and continuing nationalism America First!!!

So he wanted to bring jobs back home. No wonder the EU were against him.

[*]Disdain for human rights Separate kids from parents

That is some reduction of the issue of Mexicans illegally travelling to the US en masse. Even if it's a case of legit refugee status, what do you do with thousands of ppl headed for your country.

[*]Identification of enemies as a unifying cause 'The radical left coming for your guns'

The radical left is a thing, I'm sure you've heard of Antifa radicals.

[*]Supremacy of the military Had a military parade in Washington

As Maggie used to say, noting like a deterrent.

[*]Rampant sexism Ahem? Do I need to say anything?

His female vote went up because data says of his "law and order" mantra during his campaign. It's comforting to know some women have got their priority's straight.

[*]Controlled mass media He wishes, oh how he wishes.

The mass media is already under control so he's too late for that.

[*]Obsession with national security Muslim Ban

Again, noting like a deterrent. Where were you on September 11th 2001?

[*]Religion and government intertwined He panders to conservative christians

So pander to atheists instead and dismiss conservative christains?

[*]Corporate power protected Refused oversight for stimulus to big business during covid. Has decried regulation.

Doesn't fit with his complaint about big tech.

[*]Disdain for intellectuals & the arts Lambasts universities and 'Hollywood elites'

You mean like university social 'scientist's'. Good for him.

[*]Obsession with crime & punishment Law and Order President

Yeah that's why he got an increase in the female vote as I was sayin.

[*]Rampant cronyism & corruption Where do we start?

I recall he sacked a lot of people it was said he would be best buddies with like Bannon etc.

[*]Fraudulent elections Sought Russian help in 2016, tried to hobble mail in functionality in 2020

Time will tell where the corruption is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Absolutely.

It's very weird. They have a strange reverence for the military as well. But imagine flying your flag in your garden. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Signs of Facism in bold, my coments vis-a-vis Trump in non-bold.
    • Disdain for human rights Separate kids from parents

I'm pretty sure it was Obama and Biden that built the cages, and Trump did away with them.

So whats the story with the 3 remaining states? When will those results be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The Irish media has been loving today, they are unable to contain their bias.

I am not a fan of Trump, the man was a fool but I always thought the news was meant to try to be unbiased. Radio has been full of Biden supporters all day, trump supporters not given airtime at all.

Let's just hope Biden lives up to the hype he had been getting today, you'd think he is going to be the best POTUS ever they way they have been talking about him today.

NIMAN wrote: »
    The Irish media has been loving today, they are unable to contain their bias.

I am not a fan of Trump, the man was a fool but I always thought the news was meant to try to be unbiased. Radio has been full of Biden supporters all day, trump supporters not given airtime at all.

Let's just hope Biden lives up to the hype he had been getting today, you'd think he is going to be the best POTUS ever they way they have been talking about him today.

Listen, compared to the last 4 years you or I would be welcomed as US President with open arms and cheered.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

nullzero wrote: »
    Trump isn't a Fascist, he's a narcissistic oddball, but he isn't a Fascist.

Trump wouldnt have the discipline for fascism , nor the puritanical nature

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

I think you all need to stop arguing over what Trump is or isn't.

Regarding what he is: the only relevant point he is a loser of the presidential election. Therefore his days in office are numbered.

Biden needs to figure out what people seen in him, but other than that.. he's a historical figure at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Penn wrote: »
    Even if they looked at the map and just wanted a parking lot in order to hold it outside, the fact that no one even slightly thought to check what the parking lot was for is insane.

Its hilarious, I had a look at the street on Streetview. The crematorium is directly across the street from the landscaping centre and the sex shop 'Fantasy Island' is in a kip of a building two units up from the landscapers. There is also a car crash repair centre in between the landscapers and the sex shop which I found very apt.
    https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x89c6b44c3cd2507b%3A0xf7a6fd9e9365a3be!3m1!7e115!4s%2Fmaps%2Fplace%2Ffour%2Bseasons%2Btotal%2Blandscaping%2Bphiladelphia%2F%4040.0264369%2C-75.0303419%2C3a%2C75y%2C139.55h%2C90t%2Fdata%3D*213m4*211e1*213m2*211smtoiN_AmLo5gBUEQ8lV_fQ*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x89c6b44c3cd2507b%3A0xf7a6fd9e9365a3be%3Fsa%3DX!5sfour%20seasons%20total%20landscaping%20philadelphia%20-%20Google%20Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e2!2smtoiN_AmLo5gBUEQ8lV_fQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwikyNKmyfPsAhW_QRUIHfJsAIcQpx8wCnoECBQQCA

Anyway some more salt for your chips

https://twitter.com/ughlks/status/1325448352025243648

ireland is an outlier in terms of just how little regard we have for our military

the british love their military , as do the french , russians, chinese and even canadians , not to the degree americans do but we are the exception in having almost near disdain for the idea of a military

km991148 wrote: »
    I think you all need to stop arguing over what Trump is or isn't.

Regarding what he is: the only relevant point he is a loser of the presidential election. Therefore his days in office are numbered.

Biden needs to figure out what people seen in him, but other than that.. he's a historical figure at this stage.

very few presidents could have won this year due to covid 19 , the american system identifies with a single individual ( president ) more than most countries and so if a big problem crops up , they get the blame

he would have cruised to victory were it not for covid 19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Remains to be seen if they are actually worse than the democrats last time. Four entire years of blabbing on and on about Russian collusion after the world and its dog knew the whole thing was entirely bogus. Plus all the pasty and pimply obese students with "not my president" written in crayon on their foreheads.

Republicans will give them a run for their money though.

No no. This is worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Muahahaha wrote: »

Seen a few tweets stating "I'm moving to England where they actually know how to run a country properly".

Humourous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

No no. This is worse.

It's been going on a few days.

The Russian collusion issue ran until this year, so we'll only know if you're right or wrong in another four years.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

To my knowledge, there have been no reports of violence in DC. I think its worth pointing that out as some here wrongly predicted Trump supporters would cause trouble under the current circumstances. I think we can all be happy that there has been no repeat of Hillary supporters violence from 2016.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement