Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ivanka v Kamala would be a very interesting race in 2024

I know Ivanka has ambitions for the Presidency but theres not a hope she would even get selected for the Republican nomination. Listen to any of her speeches, her oratory is completely monotonal and she a charisma free zone. Aside from that she would have to take on and beat about a dozen other Republican candidates in the primaries which are basically political bloodsports, a posh New York socialite like her would get savaged in that kind of arena. She is not her father and she wouldnt have the stomach for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I want to know what Trump can expect to achieve by slowly dragging his heels (out of the Whitehouse)?

Like, he knows he's lost the election, so why won't he admit it? I do understand that if he had lost it by a small margin then fair enough, scrutinise every ballot paper and look for counting errors, but seeing as Joe Biden has beaten him so comprehensively, then what's the point of Trump and his crazy denial & litigation :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,523 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

To my knowledge, there have been no reports of violence in DC. I think its worth pointing that out as some here wrongly predicted Trump supporters would cause trouble under the current circumstances. I think we can all be happy that there has been no repeat of Hillary supporters violence from 2016.

They’ve made plenty of threats, verifiable on social media, picketed counting centers while the count was on while in possession of automatic weapons...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I want to know what Trump can expect to achieve by slowly dragging his heels (out of the Whitehouse)?

Like, he knows he's lost the election, so why won't he admit it? I do understand that if he had lost it by a small margin then fair enough, scrutinise every ballot paper and look for counting errors, but seeing as Joe Biden has beaten him so comprehensively, then what's the point of Trump and his crazy denial & litigation :confused:

It's not out of character for him tho.

The legitimacy of Biden's term is something that I'm sure will be brought up for the next 4 years and it will likely impair his ability to get much done.

Two party politics plays it's part in dividing a nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Back from golf by the looks of it.
    What's his plan?? :pac: I guess lying has worked this long, I don't see it working for him here?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1325511603157159942

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Like, he knows he's lost the election, so why won't he admit it? I do understand that if he had lost it by a small margin then fair enough, scrutinise every ballot paper and look for counting errors, but seeing as Joe Biden has beaten him so comprehensively, then what's the point of Trump and his crazy litigation :confused:

I don't think he can understand the concept of losing or not getting what he wants, he was born into enormous wealth so had the ability to do as he pleased from day one, his wealth made it impossible for him to fail at anything, he was always able to get what he wanted.

Its warped his perspective on life, he doesn't live in the real world, he lives in his own bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

George Bush just said trumps right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

RTE are getting some mileage out of this. Lovely piece.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1325400148097249280

It helps that Heaney's words are almost always perfect.

There's a lot you can level at RTÉ, but they're masters of emotional montages.

Same before Kerry-Cork earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Strumms wrote: »
    They’ve made plenty of threats, verifiable on social media, picketed counting centers while the count was on while in possession of automatic weapons...

The humvee clowns trying to get to the count centre, the Governor kidnap plots etc. The fact so many Dems are out celebrating at once may be keeping a bit of manners on them.

I wonder though if Trump's ongoing insistence he can somehow turn this around is holding them back too. Deranged, but not the most mental thing the Q anon crowd have been able to make themselves believe. If and when he finally gives up the ghost and reality sinks in, there could be a very rapid storm in crackpot land, right now they're still expecting his fraud stuff to materialise into something.

Btw, per Q crackpots, Four Seasons Total Landscaping is a DNC moneylaundering front and it was chosen to signal to the secret Dem illuminati that they were on notice.

Only a Trumpist would conclude that from this statement.

EmUYqixXUAEtCex?format=jpg&name=orig

Must have cut out the bits where he said that Trump won the election like Donnie is saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

He said that the election was fair but Trump has the right to pursue legal action which is totally different to what you're saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

vojiwox wrote: »
    Back from golf by the looks of it.
    What's his plan?? :pac: I guess lying has worked this long, I don't see it working for him here?

No. No. News reports that he is still on the golf course, that he has spent the last two days there.

Come January I expect he will esconce himself permanently in his Castelgonegolfing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He's still crying like a baby. In 2016 he had no problem claiming victory on media calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

The humvee clowns trying to get to the count centre, the Governor kidnap plots etc. The fact so many Dems are out celebrating at once may be keeping a bit of manners on them.

I wonder though if Trump's ongoing insistence he can somehow turn this around is holding them back too. Deranged, but not the most mental thing the Q anon crowd have been able to make themselves believe. If and when he finally gives up the ghost and reality sinks in, there could be a very rapid storm in crackpot land, right now they're still expecting his fraud stuff to materialise into something.

Btw, per Q crackpots, Four Seasons Total Landscaping is a DNC moneylaundering front and it was chosen to signal to the secret Dem illuminati that they were on notice.

In an alternate universe, if Trump was successful with SCOTUS & ended up winning, absolute ARMEGEDDON would break out & it wouldnt be the "humvee clowns" causing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭Cordell

Bush said Trump has the right, not that he is right. Subtle but very important difference - the former is a statement of fact, the latter would have been an endorsement.
    But he's just stating the facts, Trump has the legal right to legally challenge the elections, but it really doesn't mean anything. Of course he has.
    Is he right to do it? No, there's nothing right in that man's head right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

He said that the election was fair but Trump has the right to pursue legal action which is totally different to what you're saying.

Yes. George Bush said much the same as Mitt Romney said the other day, namely that Trump has a right to request recounts of close results but he should quit moaning about a stolen election.
    After that every decent Republican will tell him to pack his bags and go.. We are about to find out who the decent Republicans are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,760 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Ok then, on disdain for human rights, pretty sure the Obama/Biden administration made good use of drone bombers in the middle east.

My point here isn't anti Biden or pro-Trump. What it is is that the political system of a superpower tends to reflect the list you mention by it's very nature as a superpower. Obsession with the military and flag waving nationalism is part of american culture at this stage and really cannot be attributed to one side or another

Ah yes, Obama being left with the US fighting a war neo-cons in the Bush administration pushed to start under false pretences means that Biden has disdain for human rights.

You've further validated my points with this weak counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Penn wrote: »
    I have questioned things. And I've found no logical reason why the public face of President Trump's legal team in the midst of challenging the results of the US Presidential Election would purposefully choose to hold a press conference on same outside the offices of a landscaping company (which just so happens to have the same name as a popular chain of hotels which would be the more obvious place to have such a conference), which is beside a sex shop and across from a crematorium.

Even if they looked at the map and just wanted a parking lot in order to hold it outside, the fact that no one even slightly thought to check what the parking lot was for is insane. You say Guiliani isn't incompetent, but clearly his team or whoever organised the location is. Every aspect of what happened at that conference was utterly, utterly shambolic, and is quite rightfully the subject of huge derision.

So tell me, if you've questioned it, what do you think the reason is for choosing to hold this incredibly important press conference outside the offices of a landscaping company, beside a sex shop and a crematorium?

According to Corey Lewandowski they didnt accidentally book the parking lot. I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse

https://twitter.com/CLewandowski_/status/1325257152219504641

• Registered Users Posts: 83,637 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

According to Corey Lewandowski they didnt accidentally book the parking lot. I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse

https://twitter.com/CLewandowski_/status/1325257152219504641

... this is so cringe, it just makes it seems like the owner gave them the lot for free if they plugged their business.

Their campaign is in debt, duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Muahahaha wrote: »

that is another of the german language posters taking the piss I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

532259.jpeg

Nice of George W to say, respectful of the monumental achievement this election and the last were for trump. I hope GW is right and trumps influence continues in the GOP for many years to come.

He concluded, “Trump has not lost. Do not concede, Mr. President, fight hard.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    very few presidents could have won this year due to covid 19 , the american system identifies with a single individual ( president ) more than most countries and so if a big problem crops up , they get the blame

he would have cruised to victory were it not for covid 19

he would have cruised to victory if he wasn't a total arsehole and made any kind of effort to contain covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

In an alternate universe, if Trump was successful with SCOTUS & ended up winning, absolute ARMEGEDDON would break out & it wouldnt be the "humvee clowns" causing it...

Seems like a million years ago since you posted this:pac:
    Have people learned nothing from this morning? The shock and panic that Trump was winning remember? I've known for a long time he was going to win, it is no shock to me. Trump will win no doubt but the current hope among Biden supporters that he is going to make it will bite and it will bite BAD. It'll be far worse than earlier. Nothing worse than having your hopes raised only to be dashed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭briany

I could understand a campaign looking at the possibility of fraud and quietly building a case if they find anything, but what the Trump campaign has done, and continues to do, is loudly proclaim widespread endemic fraud against them with no evidence publicly presented, and really seek to undermine faith in the democratic process among at least a little under half the electorate which turned out, and most likely those people's family and friends and generally anyone of the same political sympathies.

What Trump and his backers are seeking to do sums up why some say he's and his circle are authoritarians. They're trying to gaslight and reorient the perception of reality and exert control through this. Anything that goes in their favour is good. Anything that goes against them is bad. They have no issue with on-the-day voting because that put them ahead. They have every issue with postal ballots because it put them behind. It's not rocket science. They don't just want to investigate it. They want to delegitimise it, whether rightly or wrongly. Doesn't matter a jot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement