Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

So let me get this straight. Your defence of Donald Trump not being racist is because, in your opinion, if some was to say on live TV in the late 80s that "laziness is a trait in blacks", they would not be labelled as a racist on the spot, is that right?

In late 80s america I don't think that comment would have somebody branded a racist. I think its a racist comment , but a racist comment or handful of racist comments do not make someone a racist. Same for bidens racial jungle comments etc... the 80s were very very different to now.

Unlike yourself seemingly, I am a fighter. I wouldnt give up until the final whistle & there's nothing wrong with that. It is an attitude that has given me a very good life.

Good stuff. It's potentially going to cost you the majority of the senate, but you keep fighting that fight. I salute you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

It looks like Ivanka and Melania for whatever reason is not putting their names to the mails. Maybe a split in the Trump camp.

It's pathetic desperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

On Rudy's press conference from the landscaping place car park

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/why-did-rudy-giuliani-hold-a-press-conference-in-a-small-car-park-on-the-outskirts-of-philadelphia-1.4403600?
    Trump campaign team appears to have mixed up local landscaping firm with luxury hotel

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    It looks like Ivanka and Melania for whatever reason is not putting their names to the mails. Maybe a split in the Trump camp.

It's pathetic desperation.

Kushner apparently has already interceded asking him to concede.

• Advertisement

You're still going on about the fact you have no problem with Trump's racism and misogyny?

keeping using those words doesn't make it truer for trump than any others of that era.

If you held every man in their 70s to the same standards you hold trump, you'd struggle to find one you didn't despise.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Unlike yourself seemingly, I am a fighter. I wouldnt give up until the final whistle & there's nothing wrong with that. It is an attitude that has given me a very good life.

Oh stop. Have some self respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I will subscribe to the first streaming service that gives me a six episode deep dive into this with the style and tone of The Jinx.

I think its a racist comment , but a racist comment or handful of racist comments do not make someone a racist.

Jesus Christ.

In what way does saying "laziness is a trait in blacks", even if only once, not making someone racist? If an employee records their boss saying they are being lazy because they're black, you don't think the courts or anyone sensible would consider that boss a racist?

You are going to cringe at your comments hard when you look back at them in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

keeping using those words doesn't make it truer for trump than any others of that era.

If you held every man in their 70s to the same standards you hold trump, you'd struggle to find one you didn't despise.

It does though.

The buzz around the place is that he's a racist and a misogynist. So much buzz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

In late 80s america I don't think that comment would have somebody branded a racist. I think its a racist comment , but a racist comment or handful of racist comments do not make someone a racist. Same for bidens racial jungle comments etc... the 80s were very very different to now.

Lol you are some messer Eric..

A series of racist comments don't make someone racist.. ok so what do you call that then?

Temporarily ignorant?

Never mind the fact this was a published work that was quoted, therefore there was bound to be discussions and continuation to publication.

This isn't my old man using an off the cuff out dated term fir the local Chinese restaurant- we are talking about a lot of words and actions (beyond the 80s as well) that depict racist and misogynistic views.

You are right, there was plenty of it around but it doesn't give anyone a pass.

Why don't you see it that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,637 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do yourself and everyone else a favor by getting out of that mentality. Keyboard Warrior stuff, literally. Just my 2c.

Jesus Christ.

In what way does saying "laziness is a trait in blacks", even if only once, not making someone racist? If an employee record their boss saying they are being lazy because they're black, you don't think the courts or anyone sensible would consider that boss a racist?

You are going cringe at your comments hard when you look back at them in a few years.

I think if they did it in 2020 - yes , in 1987 - I think people wouldn't dwell too much. As I said, thankfully times change.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Nah. I already know I'm right. It's grand like.

Glad we cleared that up.

You'd give Donald a run for his money in the narcissism stakes.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Anyway re Trump being a racist..I still don't think people voting for him necessarily are.

I also think Trumps racism is far more casual than some would believe (doesn't make it right). To be dedicated to it he would actually have to give two sh!ts about anyone but himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

According to some analysts, Biden’s Vote Tallies Violate Benford’s Law. All of the other candidates’ tallies follow Benford’s law across the country, except for Biden’s when he gets in a tight race. Biden pretty clearly fails an accepted test for catching election fraud, used by the State Department and forensic accountants.

link won't work

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

According to some analysts, Biden’s Vote Tallies Violate Benford’s Law. All of the other candidates’ tallies follow Benford’s law across the country, except for Biden’s when he gets in a tight race. Biden pretty clearly fails an accepted test for catching election fraud, used by the State Department and forensic accountants.

link won't work

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,611 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

link won't work

What a surprise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

link won't work

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

According to some analysts, Biden’s Vote Tallies Violate Benford’s Law. All of the other candidates’ tallies follow Benford’s law across the country, except for Biden’s when he gets in a tight race.

Where postal votes are counted in an abnormal distribution, like after all other votes.

Theory fail, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

link won't work

:D Comedy gold from the resident Trumpists as usual.

q rubbish source etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Lolle06 wrote: »
    Source?

Appears to be copy/paste of the latest Q Anon loolah spam tweet format.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,600 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

link won't work

Here you go. All debunked there.

https://www.eipartnership.net/rapid-response/what-the-election-results-dont-tell-us

link won't work

https://principia-scientific.com/joe-bidens-votes-violate-benfords-law-mathematics/ this is the only non conspiracy youtube account link I can find to such. Im no maths genius so can't quantify any truth to it but here it is.

I think if they did it in 2020 - yes , in 1987 - I think people wouldn't dwell too much. As I said, thankfully times change.

Which is why you're completely in your own bubble. There are many court cases from the 80s were black people received large settlements because they accused their bosses of comments just like that.

The fact that you have to resort to such an argument demonstrates that you wouldn't care if the book was published 30 years ago or today. You'd still try to find some argument to explain how it doesn't mean that he's racist rather than considering the fact you may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It was racist then and it is racist now.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Appears to be copy/paste of the latest Q Anon loolah spam tweet format.

Yeah, it appears to be.
    Some people lap it up as “true” and being a “proof” though.
    Will they ever learn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Its Ok Tucker Carlson has kept it safe somewhere..... or maybe its unexplainably lost!!!!! :confused::D:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement