Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

salmocab wrote: »
    Those rallies are his big love. They’re the thing he actually likes, all fans and he can say whatever he feels whilst they cheer unquestioningly.

He’s going to try and get every last penny out of them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

he says it himself all the time. First thing he said to bbc post election. which shows it is not some empty platitude to him to butter us up with.

That clip must have been from years ago. Nobody wearing masks, people crowded around the potential next president in a narrow corridor, nobody waving campaign flags.

It's just resurfaced recently to wind up Farage or some other reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,504 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

He was outside one once.

To burn it down.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

He’s going to try and get every last penny out of them.

He's like Mr burns from the Simpsons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

“President Trump plans to brandish obituaries of people who supposedly voted but are dead — plus hold campaign-style rallies — in an effort to prolong his fight against apparent insurmountable election results, four Trump advisers tell me”

They’re going to have to haul him out, aren’t they?

It is starting to look that way.

Kennedy beat Nixon by 303 to 219 in the Electoral College vote. The popular vote was won by a 117,827 margin. Or , 0.17 percent.

None of us doubt that maybe some shenanigans were at play back then. Nixon respected the office.

Biden is heading for over an over 4 Million vote win of the popular vote. On that alone, Trump needs to learn some humility, if not for himself ,at least for the office he holds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Ha, Tik tok users are prank calling trump's election fraud hotline.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/09/trump-voter-hotline-inundated-by-prank-calls

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    It is starting to look that way.

Kennedy beat Nixon by 303 to 219 in the Electoral College vote. The popular vote was won by a 117,827 margin. Or , 0.17 percent.

None of us doubt that maybe some shenanigans were at play back then. Nixon respected the office.

Biden is heading for over an 4 Million vote win of the popular vote. On that alone, Trump needs to learn some humility, if not for himself ,at least for the office he holds.

Biden is ahead by 5 million already, and another million probably due in yet from California.

When has Trump ever done anything that respects the office of president in the last 4 years though? No prospect of him starting to do so now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

biko wrote: »
    You better ring Washington Times to let them know
    Make sure to use the word basically. It's very convincing..

are you confusing the washington times with the washington post? the washington times is a national enquirer level rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,918 ✭✭✭✭Penn

“President Trump plans to brandish obituaries of people who supposedly voted but are dead — plus hold campaign-style rallies — in an effort to prolong his fight against apparent insurmountable election results, four Trump advisers tell me”

They’re going to have to haul him out, aren’t they?

As with his last press briefing a few nights ago, he's going to end up destroying the credibility of his own legal teams arguments in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Melania trying to convince her husband to concede.

Thursday 21st January he'll be getting served with some papers.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭threeball

Judicial Watch?

Oh my, you’ll be posting evidence from Qanon next.

There's going to have to be some standards put in place that any website, paper, talk show have some hard evidence of something they are talking/writing about or they will be open to legal action. Its gone beyond a joke with all these pop up sites spreading disinformation everywhere. Its destabilising the world with all the stupid people (and there's a lot) believing any old rubbish that someone chooses to publish. That includes FB and twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭threeball

Putin backing his man is bad news for the republicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Have you seen this biko? I think this could finally be the smoking gun you've been looking for :pac: :pac:
    Trump campaign surrogate and American Conservative Union chairman Matt Schlapp touted a bonkers conspiracy theory on Sunday night at a press conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, claiming a man told him a Joe Biden and Kamala Harris “van” showed up at a polling location during the day and swapped out ballots.

“A second whistleblower, we have not talked about before, described leaving on, and I’m going to use the male pronoun again, leaving on his lunch hour, and while he was on his lunch hour he decided to exercise around the counting center,” Schlapp stated, without the whistleblower present or giving identification of the alleged man.

“While he was walking he notices a van pulled up at the center marked Biden and Harris, the doors of the van were open, ballots were clearly visible, ballots were opened with letter openers, and ballots were filled in and resealed in envelopes,” he continued.

“These people who were involved in this activity then decided to create a human shield around what they were doing in the van,” Schlapp stated.

The Trump campaign surrogate at the presser didn’t provide any proof of the alleged incident involving a mysterious van and failed to respond to reporters’ questions at the press conference.
    The Dems were so careless with their cheating not only did they put "Biden/Harris" on this van carrying phantom ballots they filled them in at the counting centre instead of just doing it before they got there :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Have you seen this biko? I think this could finally be the smoking gun you've been looking for :pac: :pac:

The Dems were so careless with their cheating not only did they put "Biden/Harris" on this van carrying phantom ballots they filled them in at the counting centre instead of just doing it before they got there :eek:
    For Trump supporters and those wishing to sow seeds of doubt, the truth is not important.

These kinds of claims are not aimed at intelligent, rational thinkers, but instead at people who will take this information at face value and repeat it on Facebook and in person.

They will not look at this and think, "Hmm, I better dig more into this to verify". Instead it has now been consumed and placed into a file in their mind marked "evidence of fraud", and is an indisputable fact. They will actually defend it from criticism as if they witnessed it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Feels like an episode of Scooby Doo.

And in the end, they pull off the mask, and it was John King all along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Why are Trump supporters so gullible?

Are there any studies on republicans / conservatives and why they believe things so easily and why they are drawn to conspiracy theories so much. In situations that will prove their point they are easily convinced of convoluted stories but when some scientists come along with some information it's all, oh I dunno bout that.

What the hell is that??

https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1325535135870152706

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

2016: Not My President, Russia hacked the election !!
    2017: Not my President
    2018: Not my President
    2019: Not my President
    2020: Why wont they accept the result ?

:pac: America is a basket case.

^^^^^^^^^
    Not like trump to doctor the covers of magazines and newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

vojiwox wrote: »

Are there any studies on republicans / conservatives and why they believe things so easily and why they are drawn to conspiracy theories so much. In situations that will prove their point they are easily convinced of convoluted stories but when some scientists come along with some information it's all, oh I dunno bout that.

What the hell is that??

I don't think its that Conservatives/Republicans are more gullible or susceptible to conspiracy theories, it's just that the Republican Party has embraced those who do believe in these theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Pretty sure I've seen that episode!

• Advertisement

vojiwox wrote: »

What the hell is that??

you have that backwards. They are not gullible because they are trump supporters. they are trump supporters because they are gullible.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

WrenBoy wrote: »

Well I don't think anyone said Russia hacked the election, they were accused of hacking the DNC and allegation was towards Russian misinformation relating to the election.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I don't think its that Conservatives/Republicans are more gullible or susceptible to conspiracy theories, it's just that the Republican Party has embraced those who do believe in these theories.
    As Santorum pointed out there are beliefs they have, which need to be addressed. There's also a very limited effort by many people to get behind the news or to use more than one source of information. Even if they do it's usually sources that say the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

[PHP][/PHP]
    is_that_so wrote: »
    As Santorum pointed out there are beliefs they have, which need to be addressed. There's also a very limited effort by many people to get behind the news or to use more than one source of information. Even if they do it's usually sources that say the same thing.

How do you address them when they won't believe the factual counters to their arguments?

You see it on here where people go trawling through Twitter/YouTube etc looking for something that supports their beliefs and then post it as fact (Biko's link above from the Washington Times being an example) despite it being easily disproved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

WrenBoy wrote: »

The claims were Russia put a thumb on the scales by spreading pro Trump messages via trolls/bots and used its hackers to obtain information [and that one campaign team was quite willing to deal with them to get dirt on the other candidate]. It was not that Putin got men to stuff ballot boxes.

If US courts somehow do what Trump supporters hope and keep him in power despite the result, well the US has undergone the final change into what all the angry lefties have claimed it was for many years.

[PHP][/PHP]
    How do you address them when they won't believe the factual counters to their arguments?

It's very difficult isn't it?

Case in point, I provided clear evidence to the user Eric Cartman that the racist remarks that Trump said in the 80s were in fact considered racist at the time after he claimed that we just throw around such terms like buzzwords. He has yet to respond to this evidence. Is it because he has been contemplating since then that perhaps he has been wrong this whole time, or is it because he has run out of any valid argument to make but is still willing to support Trump regardless? I think we both know the answer to that.

Sometimes you just have to accept that some people will be lifelong supporters of a person, political party, religion etc. no matter what evidence or facts is presented to them. Some people just enter a debate so they can speak their voice about how they know that they are definitely right, rather than to affirm that their beliefs are correct and justified. Your only hope is to instead raise such evidence to those that are indeed willing to listen to the other side's arguments, and hope that those who instead plead ignorance become an overwhelmingly minority and disappear into the fog.

[PHP][/PHP]

You see it on here where people go trawling through Twitter/YouTube etc looking for something that supports their beliefs and then post it as fact (Biko's link above from the Washington Times being an example) despite it being easily disproved.
    You're never going to get everyone on board as YouTube and the like provide a platform for all manner of citizen "journalism" and self-righteousness. What they can do is push for bi-partisan efforts to address and reduce the conflict points of voter suppression and alleged fraud. It's that approach of finding things we agree on and a calmer 4 years may help ease tensions as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I caught a bit of SNL on CNN. It went , in 2016 trump lost the popular vote to Clinton by 2 million. He blamed illegal Mexicans for sneaking over the border. This year he lost it by 5 million so in his 4 years he let 3 million Mexicans cross. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I like this post for "balance". But, when , 'Murica" goes to war they go together. Regardless of Dems/Repubs.

Nobody, of any progressive mindset, was interested in the likes of Saddam/Bin Laden .The Iraqi's pulled "Saddam's" statue down and those Iraqi's defended Christians against what followed. I don't think folks acknowledge those "Muslims" ,as much as they should.

Anyone who wants to question Trump will meet with a wall of conspiracy theory's or downright obsfucation.

At least, at the very least, you get to make Biden defend your arguments here ,and I expect an answer. Some answer at least! I have no hope from Trump.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement