Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Just a throwback to four years ago. Whoa. Trump did way better here. Clinton didn’t give him a direct compliment and then started waffling. It’s just very interesting to see this now. I know that pretty much everyone (even Trump) thought Hilary would win, but her complacency here is mad. And her failure to recognise that giving him a direct compliment would reflect well on her, showing her to be magnanimous. She couldn’t, say, state that she admires his gumption or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

cj maxx wrote: »
    Trump fires the secretary f defense on Twitter :(

Ah yes a very classy person. I do wish karma gets him finally, when the bank comes looking for money he owes and he can't pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This is shaping up to not even be close. The GOP new what it was doing by stalling the postal votes, the mirage it generated early on completely dominated the narrative.

Yeah. The Republicans knew what they were doing. Shameful.

He just fired the Secretary of Defense which is a tad worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    FIX! :rolleyes:

in other news, just watching a Biden press conference about his COVID taskforce and his plans for getting COVID under control. So so refreshing to hear an American leader with an actual PLAN.

https://twitter.com/thedailyshow/status/1325810382376734720?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Scorched earth policy. Biden will be picking up the pieces for most of his first term with the damage Trump is about to do.

Esper who apparently had written his resignation letter late last week?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,187 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Politico are now reporting the first poll watcher Rudy wheeled out at the garden centre..which some people here were saying were extremely credible...turns out he is a convicted sex offender...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 83,636 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-has-terminated-his-secretary-of-defense-after-losing-election-2020-11

Another acting head yay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Dems that ran on moderate policies lost seats for the Dems, others that ran on M4A retained theirs, also won seats.

The top of the Dems have no balls to take the party where their base wants them to go. Walking talking disaster waiting to happen in the future if they don't wake up.

This is an oversimplification and deeply flawed overview of what happened.

Most of the Dem losses this election cycle were seats that were flipped in 2018, in mostly very red areas that were protest votes for the mid-term. They were low hanging fruit for GOP to reclaim, especially when voters could slap Trump while splitting their ticket or voters felt they needed to vote to down ticket GOP to protect from a Biden presidency.

The majority of the far left Dems that retained their seats were in heavily blue areas that you dont even need even campaign in once you win your primary. It is a fairytale to believe they would have stood a chance running further left when their is evidence that many of the far left talking points hurt the dems running.

I'd also argue the party had an opportunity to show what the 'base' wanted and Bernie was blown out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

statesaver wrote: »

No it isn't. It's because stuff like this:
    13 charged in plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/08/politics/fbi-plot-michigan-governor-gretchen-whitmer/index.html

Images of Rednecks in 'trucks' harrassing the Biden election bus and the knowledge that many Trump supporters are unhinged and armed:
    cott Walden—a police captain in the town of Flomaton, Alabama—has been placed on administrative leave and is under investigation after making an inflammatory social media post.

In the post, Walden said that people who voted for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden need "a bullet in their skull for treason."

Walden commented on a Facebook post in which another user wrote, "The idiots who voted for Biden hated Trump enough to throw the country away. Thank the lying liberals and democrats news media." In response, Walden wrote, "they need to line up ev1 of them and put a bullet in their skull for treason."
    https://www.newsweek.com/alabama-police-captain-put-leave-after-threatening-shoot-biden-supporters-1545338

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1325853193054642176?s=19

The racist has made it onto the NY Times, his family must be so proud :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Overheal wrote: »

What's the point though?

Other than just to be vindictive.. They are all out of a job soon anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

His presidency has been just like another Apprentice episode, except it's lasted a bit longer and he's said 'you're fired' a lot more times.

'But what about the country?'

'My ratings are HUGE!'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭eire4

You must have missed this one which is pretty worrying.
    https://twitter.com/ejdickson/status/1325564602747383810?s=19

Not surprising at all to me. The police culture in the US is rotten to the core IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭eire4

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1325853193054642176?s=19

The racist has made it onto the NY Times, his family must be so proud :rolleyes:

In a selfish way it might be good for us as it hopefully makes sure that the Biden administration plays hard with the UK over not walking back the WA with the EU and there being no border in Ireland if they want a trade deal with the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1325859407620689922
    Mark Esper has been terminated

What a weird weird little man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

He's dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Remember, it ended in between a dildo store and a crematorium

https://twitter.com/raveninak/status/1325862771225890816

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Can I ask why we care about the USA debt management?

Pointless arguments on the internet keep me from the boring, mundane work for which I'm paid. So it's either that or I'm going to debate the merits of Jose Mourinho's defensive approach to Klopp's all action pressing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Foxtrol wrote: »
    This is an oversimplification and deeply flawed overview of what happened.

Most of the Dem losses this election cycle were seats that were flipped in 2018, in mostly very red areas that were protest votes for the mid-term. They were low hanging fruit for GOP to reclaim, especially when voters could slap Trump while splitting their ticket or voters felt they needed to vote to down ticket GOP to protect from a Biden presidency.

The majority of the far left Dems that retained their seats were in heavily blue areas that you dont even need even campaign in once you win your primary. It is a fairytale to believe they would have stood a chance running further left when their is evidence that many of the far left talking points hurt the dems running.

I'd also argue the party had an opportunity to show what the 'base' wanted and Bernie was blown out of the water.

Three of the four swing districts went to progressives in slight Dem to moderate republicans district's. These were the ones I was referencing. The Dems thought there'd be a blue wave this election and fluffed their lines. There's some chat that the campaigns the people who lost their seats or nearly lost their seats ran crap campaigns with regards spending money on adds..

Not even going to get into the far left.

Regards Bernie, the wrong speaker of his message he's looking to get across (I'm a Bernie fan I accept his flaws) who wants to listen to an old man rabble rousing at you all the while pointing his finger? The US has just had 3 and a bit years of the other guy rabble rousing at the left the media and inflaming his base that the other side is against them is their enemy type nonsense.

I'll take Joe in this instance, the progressives lacked a good speaker ATM in time, was I disappointed Bernie lost, hell yeah, looking back I can see why people went for the safe option in this moment. That in no way implies the base is not progressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,187 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Smoking gun....lol

What a surprise!

gmisk wrote: »
    Politico are now reporting the first poll watcher Rudy wheeled out at the garden centre..which some people here were saying were extremely credible...turns out he is a convicted sex offender...

Only the best people.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I think they'd better call Saul.

Dons too much of a crook, even for Saul.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

cnocbui wrote: »
    His presidency has been just like another Apprentice episode, except it's lasted a bit longer and he's said 'you're fired' a lot more times.

'But what about the country?'

'My ratings are HUGE!'

I think there’s some truth in that. Whack job

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I've noticed a little paragraph at the end of several Fox Articles about Trumps various lawsuits etc.
    Trump has not conceded the 2020 race. But sources close to Trump told Fox News the president would eventually concede and commit to a peaceful transfer of power if the campaign's legal challenges fail to open up a path for a second term.

Are they trying to convince themselves?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-not-backing-down-campaign-manager-legal-battles

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/graham-trump-2024-campaign-legal-battles-fall-short

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Are they trying to convince themselves?

Probably!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement