Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I can't quite believe that these same people called the left poor losers for the Russia stuff.

Next level crazy.

ye do realise its a 99.9 pc hate fest in here for trump. ye have no objectivity.
    I have over 2k coming 2 me if trump wins.
    why have they said awaiting result if Biden has won?

My bet on Biden has already paid out so good luck with that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

ye do realise its a 99.9 pc hate fest in here for trump. ye have no objectivity.

He didn't win and bookies have already paid out.

532396.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/CristinaAlesci/status/1325846652595400704?s=19

The US Chamber, the largest business lobbying group that represents the GOP's biggest donors. They have also congratulated Biden and stated that they want the stimulus package approved as soon as possible. Money talks and if they're not taking Donnie seriously anymore, then that's a bigger problem for him than anything else

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Ah the real reason for the press conference: they asked for donations. It's just a scam!

Wouldn't have been for anything else now would it, such as actual evidence to back up the bullsh1t. Got to milk the supporters for all they can now, he's got large loans that need repaying soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Foxtrol wrote: »
    It isn't like progressives haven't broken plenty of norms, in 2016 their sour grapes helped hand Trump the presidency. We can keep going over ancient history or we move forward and right now everyone is trying to blame each other when they should be celebrating achievements.

I actually support a lot of their policies and points of view but I understand how harmful they can be for many dems in other areas. They're either politically naive quite regularly or don't care about moderate dems when it comes to the soundbites they give. The right wing media doesn't need much to attack and tarnish all dems and they too often fall into given them amazing soundbites.

They did have a very good point regarding continuing to knock on doors. I understand the concept came from the right place of trying to keep everyone as safe as possible but Biden and other dems put themselves at a huge disadvantage by stopping and giving Trump/GOP the run.

Yeah, the drive to get the POTUS was massive and should be celebrated, hopefully things can be sustained over the next few years and people don't fall asleep at the wheel and let the republicans back in in the next cycle, this should be viewed as a new and sustainable point to push on from.

From the outside looking in I've a perception of the Dems being soft, true or not it's a perception, on the flip with regards republicans and election time it's like they're are going to war. They're as hard nosed as they come, that fire needs to be met with a bigger fire (campaigning/ads etc) challenging them on their records, their finances that backs them.. obviously that'll be a case by case bases, Dems like the corp dollars too.

Another point I've read about in tweet comments the campaign manager at the party level was a failure was the over arching point that was being made. There's gonna be a dissection of this over the next while, I'll be interested to see what gets said and the lessons need to be learned hard and fast.

Also, AOC from what I read at the weekend she's 50/50 if she stays much longer in politics at all. She's thinking about dropping politics and making a homestead was her words. Would be a great shame to not see her make a Senate run and bide her time..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Isn't there supposed to be a lot of begging emails doing the rounds, similar to what would normally be seen from a attempted scams that get caught by most phishing/spam filters.

Seems to be some from the Trump campaign and a few purporting to be from it but probably just some other grifters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

jamule wrote: »
    fooking clown, you could have cashed out weds morning,thankfully there were idiots aplenty.
    a pc hate fest, you are right, there is nothing pc about the hatred for the orange clown.

Nice. stay classy.

You can kiss that stake money goodbye.

I'd say trump would love to get even 2% of the profits the bookies made from his supporters.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Seems to be some from the Trump campaign and a few purporting to be from it but probably just some other grifters.

So a different set of grifters from the actual trump campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

DubInMeath wrote: »
    So a different set of grifters from the actual trump campaign.

there were definitely grifting emails from the campaign. half of all money donated for "legal fees" goes to paying the debts of the trump campaign.

there were definitely grifting emails from the campaign. half of all money donated for "legal fees" goes to paying the debts of the trump campaign.

Yeah they are the ones that I had seen, but would also expect the usual scam artists going for the low hanging fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

What’s the story with “The meeeeja doesn’t decide who is president!” whinging on social media? Why did nobody have a problem with it four years ago or ever in my living memory (apart from 2000)? Yes, it’s not official but it wasn’t official when it was announced by networks any other year either.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 21,756 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

My condolences on your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,756 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Fox News finally have had enough of Trumps BS.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1325918849364094987

Is it just me, or does Kaeyleigh look particularly strained during this conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

Great to see Fox cutting off that lying sack of sh1t.

I must admit it’s deeply concerning to hear a lot of elected republicans indulging trumps claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,060 ✭✭✭✭briany

What’s the story with “The meeeeja doesn’t decide who is president!” whinging on social media? Why did nobody have a problem with it four years ago or ever in my living memory (apart from 2000)? Yes, it’s not official but it wasn’t official when it was announced by networks any other year either.

Yeah, the media doesn't decide who is president, and nor have they this time. They do what they have done for years and years. Look at the count, analyse the numbers, and predict who the next president will be. It was wrong in 2000, because it was a few hundred votes in the difference. This time, the margins are not remotely comparable, so they'll be about as correct in their prediction as every other election that's undergone running news commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,627 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Did those lads that he said found amazing things in Hawaii about Obama's birth certificate ever resurface? He never mentioned them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Has it been speculated that the pharma companies held off announcing their vaccine news until it was confirmed Boden was the winner?
    It's something I've considered. When you look at it, everyone as up against Trump. How he got so close is remarkable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

omega man wrote: »
    Great to see Fox cutting off that lying sack of sh1t.

I must admit it’s deeply concerning to hear a lot of elected republicans indulging trumps claims.

Utter lowlifes..

Trump is just a propped up pawn in this sorry state of affairs..

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Has it been speculated that the pharma companies held off announcing their vaccine news until it was confirmed Boden was the winner?
    It's something I've considered. When you look at it, everyone as up against Trump. How he got so close is remarkable.
    nothing speculated about it, pfizer said they would not announce anything until after the election about 2months ago

briany wrote: »
    Yeah, the media doesn't decide who is president, and nor have they this time. They do what they have done for years and years. Look at the count, analyse the numbers, and predict who the next president will be. It was wrong in 2000, because it was a few hundred votes in the difference. This time, the margins are not remotely comparable, so they'll be about as correct in their prediction as every other election that's undergone running news commentary.

Exactly! I’m finding this as silly and petty as when some Clinton voters four years ago were like “Yeah, but she won the popular vote!” as of that was relevant. Both candidates then knew they could win the popular vote and still lose. Both candidates this time knew that the media will make a call if they can pretty safely do so. It’s just such impotent whinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,060 ✭✭✭✭briany

Exactly! I’m finding this as silly and petty as when some Clinton voters four years ago were like “Yeah, but she won the popular vote!” as of that was relevant. Both candidates then knew they could win the popular vote and still lose. Both candidates this time knew that the media will make a call if they can pretty safely do so. It’s just such impotent whinging.

Yeah, talking about the popular vote in the last US election did come off as sour grapes when spoken about in the context of perhaps replacing the electoral college. I'm sure Hillary would not have complained if the shoe was on the other foot. Although I think it was legitimate to point out that losing the popular vote showed that Trump's election didn't exactly represent a roaring mandate from the electorate or even a majority mandate from the electorate, but since the presidency is not decided on a simple majority of voters, it didn't make Trump's presidency any less legitimate.

https://www.cnn.com/election/2020/results/president

another glitch lol Biden down 20

arizona

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It's still 279 and has been that for a few days...

briany wrote: »
    Yeah, talking about the popular vote in the last US election did come off as sour grapes when spoken about in the context of perhaps replacing the electoral college. I'm sure Hillary would not have complained if the shoe was on the other foot. Although I think it was legitimate to point out that losing the popular vote showed that Trump's election didn't exactly represent a roaring mandate from the electorate or even a majority mandate from the electorate, but since the presidency is not decided on a simple majority of voters, it didn't make Trump's presidency any less legitimate.

Yeah, like, I have NO problem with the electoral college as an idea being questioned. But right after your candidate loses is not the time. Both candidates went in eyes open. They knew that popular vote win does not necessarily mean electoral college win. Sometimes the loser can even carry more states, like Nixon in 1960.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

arizona

Arizona was never called by CNN, only Fox

• Advertisement

Sidney Powell is no clown as of linn.
    game time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement