Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

A lot of talk about how inaccurate the polls were. The state level polls definitely were, sample size tend to be relatively small meaning they can be very inaccurate.

Looking at the National polls however, Biden is on track to return with a 4% plus margin, with it likely to finish above 51% with Trump at 47% or lower. This is well within margin of erro of nearly all polls within the last week when the polls picked up of the tightening margins. IPSOS appear to have gotten the closest, with their largest sample poll returning a predicted 51-46 result. Survey Monkey and IBD were also relatively close. USC, YouGov and Rasmussen were the least accurate

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/national/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I've said it before and I'll probably say it another 50 times over the next few years but Hillary Clinton and those who voted for her got called sore losers for far less.

This is pathetic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Nonsense is calling a win prematurely, fact check how many EC votes Biden actually has as opposed CNN projects him to have.
    I'll await your answer in good faith.

I’d be guessing but I’d say Biden has no confirmed EC votes yet because none of the states have confirmed their final results.

This is all based on projections. What’s your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Paddy Power hasn't paid out on Biden winning PA and GA yet, results still awaited. Biden is still 259.
    If Trump swings this around it'll be some almighty kick in the ass to mainstream media.
    Have they paid out on Trump winning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Been a while since I saw one of you people but it's absolutely chilling. When Biden starts a war somewhere no doubt you and your friends will all come out of the woodwork talking about human rights violations in a country you've never heard of and the necessity of acting now before it's too late. All singing from the same hymn sheet as thousands of people are murdered.

Sorry, I missed your reply yesterday.

I seem to be one of "you people", in your mindset.

Hopefully you will have the grace, to admit from your P.O.V., that I did not take a pro/anti viewpoint on American Foreign policy .

Hopefully you will have the grace to admit that a "you people" accusation might be just another slogan this world could do with-out.

Finally ,in the post you called me out on, I pointed to the fact that there are Muslims who have no problems with Democracy.

They have also put their lives on the line to protect Christians in a mainly Muslim country. I'll leave you to educate your-self on that.

I think you are projecting here. I'm not sure that I like the projections of folks like you.

• Advertisement

There is an increasing chance Trump turns this over, he is in charge after all and can get the ballots he needs discounted.

It's unfortunate but with what was virtually a tie, the incumbent holds all the aces.

It will be an extremely embarrassing situation for many world-leaders who sent their congratulations prematurely.

It's still a less favoured outcome but certainly looks like there is a 30% chance of this happening.
    you should be awarded the Fields Medal

I've said it before and I'll probably say it another 50 times over the next few years but Hillary Clinton and those who voted for her got called sore losers for far less.

This is pathetic stuff.

Reality doesn't enter the debate in Trump world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I hope the Trump cultists will be suitably embarrassed if they read some of the complete nonsense they are peddling at some point in the future. Unlikely, I know, but christ, almost as embarrassing as Rudy at this stage.

They'll go the way of Bush Jr supporters and claim they never supported him. While wholeheartedly supporting the next in line to fcuk up the US even more than Bush or Trump ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There is an increasing chance Trump turns this over, he is in charge after all and can get the ballots he needs discounted.

It's unfortunate but with what was virtually a tie, the incumbent holds all the aces.

It will be an extremely embarrassing situation for many world-leaders who sent their congratulations prematurely.

It's still a less favoured outcome but certainly looks like there is a 30% chance of this happening.
    He has lost all bar one challenges to date. What they all have in common is lack of proof. He's fully entitled to do what he's doing but unless there multiple states with electoral laws that are not fit for purpose there is no case that will be successful. It's not a tie either, he could be 10m votes behind at the end of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

The liquid markets put Trumps implied chance at 10% (this up from 3% on Saturday) but I believe from discussing the matter with colleagues in Washington there is a belief that once fox start seeing Trump has a real chance of turning this over , they will get back behind him and the momentum will really build.

Combined with his return to election style rallies, it will just take 1 big win in the courts to get the dominoes to start falling.

World leaders were foolish to call this. The networks were bored and called it far too early

Wait for Fox to take their call back in next few days or weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

The liquid markets put Trumps implied chance at 10% (this up from 3% on Saturday) but I believe from discussing the matter with colleagues in Washington there is a belief that once fox start seeing Trump has a real chance of turning this over , they will get back behind him and the momentum will really build.

Combined with his return to election style rallies, it will just take 1 big win in the courts to get the dominoes to start falling.

World leaders were foolish to call this. The networks were bored and called it far too early

Colleagues in Washington:rolleyes:

"Colleagues in Washington", another fantasist joins the fray. I'll be waiting with bated breath for the tide to turn :rolleyes:

You're clutching at straws here, the chasm is more than 4 million popular votes and at least 80 in the electoral college by projections.

There is no momentum to consider, "too early to call" speaks only of a deluded or wilfully ignorant mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hilarious nonsense. He lost fair and square get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Lmao, they've started to cut off their speech's.

Even Fox know he hasn't a hope in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

DrumSteve wrote: »

The last 48hrs you could be forgiven for thinking Fox has shifted back to Trump.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Hilarious nonsense. He lost fair and square get over it.

He hasn't won anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

The last 48hrs you could be forgiven for thinking Fox has shifted back to Trump.

They cut Kayleigh off in the last 48 hours.

What the challenges so far have in common is little to no evidence. That's not to say there is no attempted fraud but it's just not there on the scale they imagine. They do seem to be calling out very small tranches of votes which will not make much difference to the results. If it as bad as they claim why aren't they going after down ticket contests as well?

He hasn't won anything..

Ah for once your correct, trump hasn't won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is that why Fox cut away from their press conference last night?

He hasn't won anything..
    Statistically Trump can't win, so that means the other guy has won.

"Colleagues in Washington", another fantasist joins the fray. I'll be waiting with bated breath for the tide to turn :rolleyes:

You're clutching at straws here, the chasm is more than 4 million popular votes and at least 80 in the electoral college by projections.

There is no momentum to consider, "too early to call" speaks only of a deluded or wilfully ignorant mindset.

Will hit 5 million today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Trump even staring to have a pop at Fox News and that’s why his followers watch , if they start turning on him like cutting off press conferences then you might see his following start to drop off.
    Having a rage at Pfizer and the FDA because they didn’t release the info on the vaccine till he lost election, claiming they cost life’s by holding it back till after elections /

They cut Kayleigh off in the last 48 hours.

Most of their editorial has been soft on Trump and slightly negative towards Harris/Biden.

My friends in the FBI say that Trump is going to prison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Wibbs wrote: »
    It really depends on whose viewpoint you take L, and whose propaganda from the time too. For example Kennedy didn't stare across at the Russians and wait for them to blink(that famous quote came out long after the Soviets had turned back). How that crisis was averted was through behind closed doors back and forth between the two powers(which led to the direct Moscow/Washington line being set up). Indeed the Cuban missiles were removed only on the proviso that the US missiles in Turkey were also removed(that only came out years later) and that the US administration would publicly state they wouldn't invade Cuba in the future.

If anything it can be argued quite easily that while it was a "win" in the western mind for the US, it was actually Khrushchev that gambled and won that crisis for his country. If he hadn't sent missiles steaming across the Atlantic chances are that the Americans would have had another go at Cuba(which really irritated them and not just because of "commies", lots of vested interests were making big money from Cuba and the Cubans) and their missile bases in Turkey would have been still active and reinforced. Apparently "our" side's missiles within striking distance of "theirs" is OK, but not so much the other way around.

What is really the takeaway from things like this is how spin is spun and who's doing the spinning and that usually only comes out decades later, if it comes out at all. Now personally I consider trump to be a dangerously divisive muppet of the highest calibre in the highest post of a dangerously divided land, but to many Americans who saw their paychecks and jobs and investments rise during his tenure they may see things differently. Clearly 70 million of them did to some degree and that support base and all that came and comes with it hasn't gone away.

Good (informative) post Wibbs.

I am still of the mindset that a Soviet Union who had half of Europe behind an Iron Curtain, was the actor we should trust least ,of both actors.

It would scare the under-cracker's off me today if China started feeding heavy weapons to Cuba.

You're thinking of the just above conspiracy theory level talking heads that they have to help appeal to the republican base that can't understand big words.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

How are you getting Fox News ?

• Advertisement

Is that why Fox cut away from their press conference last night?

Maybe they realised that the sh*te being peddled was such nonsense that allowing it to continue to be shown actually harmed the Trump message rather that aided it. By exposing viewers to how vacuous the fantasy that the Trump campaign is building really is, support from sane individuals will slowly drift away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement