Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

cj maxx wrote: »
    How are you getting Fox News ?

Through a suppository

• Registered Users Posts: 33,187 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

harr wrote: »
    Trump even staring to have a pop at Fox News and that’s why his followers watch , if they start turning on him like cutting off press conferences then you might see his following start to drop off.
    Having a rage at Pfizer and the FDA because they didn’t release the info on the vaccine till he lost election, claiming they cost life’s by holding it back till after elections /
    All the while him and pence saying they invested and supported the development of the Pfizer vaccine....they hadn't

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Maybe they realised that the sh*te being peddled was such nonsense that allowing it to continue to be shown actually harmed the Trump message rather that aided it. By exposing viewers to how vacuous the fantasy that the Trump campaign is building really is, support from sane individuals will slowly drift away.

well that is one way of interpreting it. not one i agree with at all though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The liquid markets put Trumps implied chance at 10% (this up from 3% on Saturday) but I believe from discussing the matter with colleagues in Washington there is a belief that once fox start seeing Trump has a real chance of turning this over , they will get back behind him and the momentum will really build.

Combined with his return to election style rallies, it will just take 1 big win in the courts to get the dominoes to start falling.

World leaders were foolish to call this. The networks were bored and called it far too early

Wait for Fox to take their call back in next few days or weeks
    4lspy3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Worrying signs all around. Trump is going full North Korea consolidating his power.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

The liquid markets put Trumps implied chance at 10% (this up from 3% on Saturday) but I believe from discussing the matter with colleagues in Washington there is a belief that once fox start seeing Trump has a real chance of turning this over , they will get back behind him and the momentum will really build.

Combined with his return to election style rallies, it will just take 1 big win in the courts to get the dominoes to start falling.

World leaders were foolish to call this. The networks were bored and called it far too early

Wait for Fox to take their call back in next few days or weeks

Please tell me you are messing, and that you don't believe this. I will commend the ruse if so!

It's really worrying that people are falling for this. With all the information we have at our finger tips these days that people can still be so misinformed. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

How long does the denial stage of grief last usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Probably a few weeks while they run through the lawsuits.

I think the plan for this one is forever. They are going to keep casting doubt on this election, he will never admit defeat IMO.

I'm just shocked how much support he is getting from people around him and from his supporters, I thought even they by now would have tired of the lies.

well that is one way of interpreting it. not one i agree with at all though

Oh I agree, however it is always worth taking every opportunity to highlight how ridiculous the Trump campaign position on the is. Their aim is to get the idea that there is a debate to be had on this accepted so they can "both sides" the issue and argue that those rightly suggesting the election is done, legally and with no material issues as being just one side of a valid debate. Where as in fact is reality vs delusion.

I dont believe its about overturning the election with anyone other than the most deluded within the GOP. Its more about setting up the talking points for the next four years and also as backdrop for what is likely to be a new round of voter restriction measures to be introduced in potential swing states controlled by the GOP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I've said it before and I'll probably say it another 50 times over the next few years but Hillary Clinton and those who voted for her got called sore losers for far less.

This is pathetic stuff.

In fairness they did keep the 'Russia' collusion going for the the past 3.8years.
    Even Biden was using it in his rhetoric, even tho no collusion was found.

In the states, neither political party can claim the moral high ground.
    What is fascinating is the the super elite, tech giants and Hollywood are almost exclusively democrats, yet half the party wants to tax the 1% into oblivion. They will probably squeeze the mid to upper middle classes in any tax increase.

Interesting times ahead, todays democratic party is nothing like Obamas 2009.
    I think we will see packs break of from both Republican and Democrats. Not in any meaningful way, but disruption to the norm for sur.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Nabber wrote: »
    In fairness they did keep the 'Russia' collusion going for the the past 3.8years.
    Even Biden was using it in his rhetoric, even tho no collusion was found.

In the states, neither political party can claim the moral high ground.
    What is fascinating is the the super elite, tech giants and Hollywood are almost exclusively democrats, yet half the party wants to tax the 1% into oblivion. They will probably squeeze the mid to upper middle classes in any tax increase.

Interesting times ahead, todays democratic party is nothing like Obamas 2009.
    I think we will see packs break of from both Republican and Democrats. Not in any meaningful way, but disruption to the norm for sur.

But plenty of collusion was found!? Trump has various associates in JAIL!!

I dont believe its about overturning the election with anyone other than the most deluded within the GOP. Its more about setting up the talking points for the next four years and also as backdrop for what is likely to be a new round of voter restriction measures to be introduced in potential swing states controlled by the GOP

That's what it is isn't it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

listermint wrote: »
    But plenty of collusion was found!? Trump has carious associates in JAIL!!

Yeah, but if you ignore that then no collusion was found.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,601 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The GOP aren't backing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eagle eye wrote: »

they dont seem to be condemning it either. They are quite happy to stand back until they can see how they benefit from it.

Really what did Mitch and a few others say the other day

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/09/us/politics/republicans-trump-concede-2020-election.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Looks like Trump was right about the vaccine after all

• Registered Users Posts: 15,671 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

McConnell certainly is.

I think the idea that it isn't about Trump election per see, hence why they aren't talking about the Senate or House votes, but this election throws up some real concerns for the GOP.

Mail in voting has massively increased, due to the pandemic, but will voters accept having to go back to queuing for hours on election day in the future?

Doubt it, and mail in voting is much easier to do, and much harder to suppress, that the traditional way. So I see this as not looking to actually overturn the result, but to create talking points for the next 4 years (much like the Russian interference became such a dominant theme) but also and more importantly to create the view that mail in is inherently open to fraud and thus should be stopped at all costs.

If one can simply mail in a ballot, anytime weeks in advance, rather than actually get up my arse to go and. stand in the queue, as well as having to organise my day - baby sitter, time off work etc - more people will vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,671 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Looks like Trump was right about the vaccine after all

With the entire world looking for a vaccine it was always more likely than not that a vaccine would be developed.

So if by right you mean he said it might happen, but with no knowledge of how, when or what type, then yeah, I suppose you could claim that he was right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I see CNN have "unclaimed" Arizona for Biden on their grid of the USA.
    interesting times.

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/results/president

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Movementarian

paw patrol wrote: »
    interesting times.

Sigh...again this....CNN never claimed AZ for Biden..

And we move on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Mail in voting has massively increased, due to the pandemic, but will voters accept having to go back to queuing for hours on election day in the future?

Doubt it, and mail in voting is much easier to do, and much harder to suppress, that the traditional way. So I see this as not looking to actually overturn the result, but to create talking points for the next 4 years (much like the Russian interference became such a dominant theme) but also and more importantly to create the view that mail in is inherently open to fraud and thus should be stopped at all costs.

If one can simply mail in a ballot, anytime weeks in advance, rather than actually get up my arse to go and. stand in the queue, as well as having to organise my day - baby sitter, time off work etc - more people will vote.

Fair points, they are going to want to block mail voting as much as possible now that Dems do it, but it does put them in an awkward position - historically it was a Republican thing because it was used by older voters or people in rural areas, and the military.

They'll have to tailor their exclusions state-by-state to block Dems without affecting their own, it will be a tricky needle to thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

interesting times.

They never called Arizona. The lies are unbelievable. Do you guys ever get tired of lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

namloc1980 wrote: »
    They never called Arizona. The lies are unbelievable. Do you guys ever get tired of lying?

Its gullibility mainly as opposed to dishonesty. If its not on youtube or Facebook is fake MSM news.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trumps twitter rants....he's getting more unhinged by the day, someone needs to sit him down and have a good long talk with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭KilOit

I see Trump is mainly retweeting Breitbart now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The Nal wrote: »
    Its gullibility mainly as opposed to dishonesty. If its not on youtube or Facebook is fake MSM news.

Its really fooking annoying to be honest. When all this is done, the WHO really needs to look at peoples consumption of propaganda pieces and the impact it has them by impairing their mental state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Leroy42 wrote: »
    With the entire world looking for a vaccine it was always more likely than not that a vaccine would be developed.

So if by right you mean he said it might happen, but with no knowledge of how, when or what type, then yeah, I suppose you could claim that he was right.

I believe he said a vaccine would be developed this year while everyone else said no it will be next year.

Skew it how ever you wish he was right.

Saying that though it wont be widely available until next year. He said it would be ready and distributed this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

interesting times.

If by claimed you are implying "called", CNN has not called Arizona for either candidate yet.
    Unlike Fox and AP who both called it for Biden days ago.

But sure go ahead and carry on in your "interesting times" alternative reality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement