Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I believe he said a vaccine would be developed this year while everyone else said no it will be next year.

Skew it how ever you wish he was right.

Trump said they would be vaccinating Americans by October, which is false.

The CDC asked states to have distribution ready by November, even if a vaccine wasn't available.
    Pfizer said in September that they would be announcing results in November, which happened.
    I don't think your claim that "everyone else said it will be next year" is accurate, unless you mean available next year, which it will be. There will be no vaccine available to the public this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gary550

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Its really fooking annoying to be honest. When all this is done, the WHO really needs to look at peoples consumption of propaganda pieces and the impact it has them by impairing their mental state.

think that is applicable to both sides of the political spectrum in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Movementarian

I believe he said a vaccine would be developed this year while everyone else said no it will be next year.

Saying that though it wont be widely available until next year. He said it would be ready and distributed this year.

I think he actually said it would be available before the election not just developed which people rightly saw as a false and/or misleading statement to influence people before the election.

While this is a promising announcement it is not a full and final developed or available vaccine as it has more loopholes to go through for safety. So it will be next year, so...everyone else was right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Trump said they would be vaccinating Americans by October, which is false.

The CDC asked states to have distribution ready by November, even if a vaccine wasn't available.

Did you watch the Trump documentary on Netflix. I think its called the American dream or something

• Registered Users Posts: 38,601 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I see his election campaign fund is now the election defense fund.
    Hopefully people are tracking this money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Did you watch the Trump documentary on Netflix. I think its called the American dream or something

Nah, I'm watching the Queen's Gambit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Saying that though it wont be widely available until next year. He said it would be ready and distributed this year.

He was being a bit more positive than that, not lying of course! :D

Here's an article from September with Trump saying “within a matter of weeks,”.

"The CDC director said last week that while a vaccine could be ready by November or December, it would likely not be widely available until later next year."

Trump also said:

“We’re rounding the corner on the pandemic. And we’ve done a phenomenal job. Not just a good job.”

phenomenal... :pac:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/21/trump-contradicts-health-officials-vaccine-419330

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Nah, I'm watching the Queen's Gambit.

It was a bit of an eye opener for me. The greatest pr man there ever was right from a young age. Hes a greedy horrible individual though. Wealth by debt.
    Bit of a con man. Changed my view of him once I saw his life story.
    Everything is about the Donald.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eagle eye wrote: »
    I see his election campaign fund is now the election defense fund.
    Hopefully people are tracking this money.

not quite. Half of the money donated to his election defense fund is being used to pay down his election campaign debts.

It was a bit of an eye opener for me. The greatest pr man there ever was right from a young age. Hes a greedy horrible individual though. Wealth by debt.
    But of a con man. Changed my view of him once I saw his life story.
    Everything is about the Donald.

all of that was news to you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

gary550 wrote: »
    think that is applicable to both sides of the political spectrum in fairness

It does for sure, but the main worry is that people are incapable of forming their own opinion and are blindly loyal and willing to disregard the wrongs that are staring them in the face.

all of that was news to you?

Yes. How would I know about the life of Donald Trump in the 80s and 90s?
    Or are you talking about Trump in politics?

How do you know his story from childhood all the way to Republican nomination?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Looks like Trump was right about the vaccine after all

The German funded vaccine? Are a German company the 'we' when trump refers to it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,601 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

duploelabs wrote:
    The German funded vaccine? Are a German company the 'we' when trump refers to it
    I'm not backing Trump but wasn't this funded by Pfizer? They are an American company.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm not backing Trump but wasn't this funded by Pfizer? They are an American company.

Nope

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-09/pfizer-vaccine-s-funding-came-from-berlin-not-washington

• Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

duploelabs wrote: »

That's the stock the Trumps come from, so close enough for him to claim:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

For all those laughing at my posts.

I think any fair minded analyst will understand that this election is not sealed.

People are getting hysterical on both sides.

All I am saying is that from my soundings from colleagues in Washington, viewing market trends and reading various analysis there is around 30% chance of Trump being returned to office for a 2nd term.

This might be unsettling for some of you, but it is the truth.

Yes. How would I know about the life of Donald Trump in the 80s and 90s?
    Or are you talking about Trump in politics?

How do you know his story from childhood all the way to Republican nomination?

His past has been discussed extensively over several threads. I knew it though because I lived through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I think any fair minded analyst will understand that this election is not sealed.

All I am saying is that from my soundings from colleagues in Washington, viewing market trends and reading various analysis there is around 30% chance of Trump being returned to office for a 2nd term.

30% chance ?? By staging a coup maybe but not by winning the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

It's not the truth. Just because someone you know in the US says something doesn't make it true.

People are saying....tremendous people...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The_Secret_Life_of_Walter_Mitty_poster.jpg

His past has been discussed extensively over several threads. I knew it though because I lived through it.

You lived through it and talked about it on threads. I see.

I didn't. I learned about it from the documentary.
    Is that fair enough and hopefully it answers your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,362 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Everyone is still laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

I'm clearing saying that I would add 20% to Trump's current implied chance of a 2nd term (currently 10%) with the soundings out of Washington and New York today and over the last several days.

There is clear momentum building beyond Trump and his legal battle, and once it starts moving and he starts rallying around America, his chance of winning the White House for a 2nd term is going to only increase.

You really would be very gullible to believe this race is over.

Very hard to see that happening. Looks like a done deal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Ah, the "both sides" thing again.

I can only see one side throwing the mother of all tantrums and refusing to accept the result.

I'm clearing saying that I would add 20% to Trump's current implied chance of a 2nd term (currently 10%) with the soundings out of Washington and New York today and over the last several days.

But what happens when you add Kurt Angle to the mix?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

There is clear momentum building beyond Trump and his legal battle, and once it starts moving and he starts rallying around America, his chance of winning the White House for a 2nd term is going to only increase.

What difference is Trump rallying around America going to make to the election result?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

He would need to somehow have the results of 5 separate state-wide elections reversed from their current predicted results for that to happen.

There is zero chance that a recount is going to find another 10's of thousands of votes for Trump in each of those 5 states.
    There is zero chance that they have any evidence of 10's of thousands of fake ballots being made in each of those five states.
    There is zero chance that they will be able to show the republican organisation in control of multiple of the states did something illegal in the way that each of those states, or even the democrat controlled ones.
    There is zero chance of a re-election being carried out before December 13th(?) in any or all of those states.

On December 13th(?) every state has to submit their results and EC votes, that date will not change (although I may have the wrong date).
    In the beginning of January the EC votes are confirmed. That date will not change.
    At midday on 20th January Trump will cease to be president. That will not change.

It is more likely that Pelosi would be inaugurated rather than Trump on the 20th January, or Harris in the event that the result of the EC doesn't change but Biden gets run over by a bus before then.

• Advertisement

Biden won those states in question. And by a considerable margin. Can you expand on your posts about why Trunp has any chance never mind a low one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement