Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,671 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

drogon. wrote: »
    Looks like they are still begging folks for money. Seems very pathetic

https://twitter.com/ianwinter/status/1326111378646720514?s=20

Make sure to read email on this one, it is mad crazy :eek:

https://twitter.com/LUBOttom/status/1326147214255804418?s=20

That is really freaky.

The last one especially, "I am going to call Trump Member Services soon for an update on your invitation. I know President Trump will ask me about you an I'll have to tell him the truth"

I mean nobody can honestly take that seriously can they? POTUS is going to ask about each and every member, by name? And what happens if your name isn't on the list? Does Trump disown you, maybe you have to give back the hat?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

sabat wrote: »
    Yawn. My statement is politically neutral. Trends like that just don't happen.

Unless one party convinces its supporters not to use postal votes and then all postal votes are counted last.

Trump: don't use postal votes to vote for me

Trump: why are none of the postal votes for me

• Registered Users Posts: 25,519 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

omega man wrote: »
    America potentially sleepwalking into a version of Putin’s Russia.

Or worse.

It seems like democracy is slowly becoming eroded there... a situation where a sitting yet outgoing president is attempting to subvert democracy for his own ends... it’s absolutely nutsville.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

Again proof, news source etc ? Can't be some guy in a basement who posted on twitter now

namloc1980 wrote: »
    FFS. This crap again. Since awfully gullible people out there.

Some people who follow trump believe covid and the preventive measures various governments have announced are a form of mind control operations being carried out by some weird secret society. In trump they just have a conspiracy theory believer in chief due to his habit of tweeting them as facts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Leroy42 wrote: »
    That is really freaky.

The last one especially, "I am going to call Trump Member Services soon for an update on your invitation. I know President Trump will ask me about you an I'll have to tell him the truth"

I mean nobody can honestly take that seriously can they? POTUS is going to ask about each and every member, by name? And what happens if your name isn't on the list? Does Trump disown you, maybe you have to give back the hat?

They are crooks doing a shakedown of the naive. The patriots probably scrambling to hand over their last few dollars for the cause from their southern Louisiana trailer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Again proof, news source etc ? Can't be some guy in a basement who posted on twitter now

What's your favourite news source? I'll get it from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

When one candidate goes from -600k votes to +100k overnight an audit is definitely called for.

Ohio & Florida happened exactly like that.

Biden pulled out a lead of hundreds of thousands then over night as they counted the ballots cast on election day Trump over took him.

This happened across many states that allowed mail in votes to be processed first

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

funnydoggy wrote: »
    When are all these bullsh*t court cases happening?

They do under the following circumstances.
    • GOP refuses to allow Mail-in Votes to be processed at all until the polls close.
    • GOP Spends the preceding few months telling all their supporters to not use Mail-in Voting
    • GOP Voters listen to their Party/Candidate and do not use Mail-In voting
    • Democrat Voters on the other hand , do use it - In huge numbers.
    • Surveys prior to the election indicated at 70%+ of mail-in votes were from Democrat voters.

So , it is not in any way shape or form surprising that the mail in votes that could only start to get counted in the early hours of Wednesday morning broke overwhelmingly for Biden.

It was exactly as everyone expected , including Trump and his team.

They maybe thought they'd still have enough to hang on , but they all knew that there was going to be a huge influx of Biden votes coming in via mail.

It is EXACTLY why they invested so much time trying to discredit the process.

Why for example are they not protesting the mail-in ballots in Ohio , who also only started this year and who use a method extremely similar to Pennsylvania??

Is it because they won in Ohio??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,060 ✭✭✭✭briany

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Some people who follow trump believe covid and the preventive measures various governments have announced are a form of mind control operations being carried out by some weird secret society. In trump they just have a conspiracy theory believer in chief due to his habit of tweeting them as facts.

I suggest such people give Them by Jon Ronson a read.
    Guardian journalist Jon Ronson's Them began as a book about different kinds of extremists, but after Jon had got to know some of them - Islamic fundamentalists, neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klansmen - he found that they had one oddly similar belief: that a tiny, shadowy elite rule the world from a secret room.

In Them, Jon sets out, with the help of the extremists, to locate that room. The journey is as creepy as it is comic, and along the way Jon is chased by men in dark glasses, unmasked as a Jew in the middle of a Jihad training camp, and witnesses international CEOs and politicians participate in a bizarre pagan ritual in the forests of northern California.

Them is a fascinating and entertaining exploration of extremism, in which Jon learns some alarming things about the looking-glass world of 'them' and 'us'. Are the extremists on to something? Or has Jon become one of them?

• Advertisement

Given the majority of houses in Ireland don't have basements, would our equivalent be the box room in their parents house, or the garden shed?

When one candidate goes from -600k votes to +100k overnight an audit is definitely called for.

If anything, I would be asking where all these 70m votes came from? His approval ratings have been consistently in the toilet, the polls were showing Biden consistently ahead, 2018 was a disaster for him, and yet somehow, out of almost nowhere he get close to winning?

Because of shy voters apparently, which is another way of saying nobody knows who or where they are.

But apparently, both the GOP and Trump managed to turn the tide from 2018 without any real reason for it.

Your statement is not politically neutral because such swings were expected and also happened in other states that you nor Trumpists seem to care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump specifically told his supporters NOT to vote by mail.

Then he acts surprised when the mail-in ballots are mostly democratic votes.

He lost.

Your statement is not politically neutral because such swings were expected and also happened in other states that you nor Trumpists seem to care about.

An audit is an audit; it's neutral. I didn't say award it to Trump.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Did you look at the way the Ohio results moved over time during the counting?

But why do you think an audit should be undertaken? You do know that there are checks carried out during the process itself already?

To call for an audit means that you don't trust the results. On what basis is there a lack of trust?

No, but you said "trends like that just don't happen" when in fact they do happen and they were predicted to happen.

Also, the numbers you used point to the results of one particular state, whereas such swings happened in other states that you don't seem too concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

What's your favourite news source? I'll get it from that.

any mainstream media please !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Well then audit Ohio and North Carolina..

• Advertisement

No, but you said "trends like that just don't happen" when in fact they do happen and they were predicted to happen.

Also, the numbers you used point to the results of one particular state, whereas such swings happened in other states that you don't seem too concerned about.

I made one response to one post about an audit in Pennsylvania. What's the problem here? The election hasn't been certified yet-I would have thought people would be happy for an opportunity to dispel fraud rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ohio is definitely suspicious if you think Pennsylvania out the other states are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

I made one response to one post about an audit in Pennsylvania. What's the problem here? The election hasn't been certified yet-I would have thought people would be happy for an opportunity to dispel fraud rumours.

Are you calling for an audit on all states and Senate and House races? Or just the ones that Trump lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,060 ✭✭✭✭briany

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Well then audit Ohio and North Carolina..

I don't think the Trump team would have much problem with this because calling every state's results into question doesn't contravene their general plan of throwing the electoral college process into chaos and allow Trump to retain the presidency through some obscure legal process. Obscure in the sense that it's not public knowledge because it hasn't been employed in living memory, if ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,903 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd have no issues with an audit if I felt like the results would be accepted if it was still determined that Biden won, or that there wouldn't be a risk of issues by people trying to disrupt the audit.

But I don't think the fraud rumours have any substance, accusations have been made in bad faith and after an audit we'd end up in the exact same place.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Are there any fraud rumours for other states which ended up red after spending the significant portion of the election night coloured blue and swinging the opposite way? Why is it only the ones that finished up blue which are being questioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Ohio is definitely suspicious if you think Pennsylvania out the other states are.

Its crazy. Biden was leading both by +500k votes and lost both but not a peep from Trump supporters

In Ohio and NC the mail in and early voting was counted first then day of election votes counted after.

In Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan opposite happened.

Penn wrote: »
    I'd have no issues with an audit if I felt like the results would be accepted if it was still determined that Biden won, or that there wouldn't be a risk of issues by people trying to disrupt the audit.

But I don't think the fraud rumours have any substance, accusations have been made in bad faith and after an audit we'd end up in the exact same place.

The other issue is who could possibly carry out the audits? Trump is claiming, by saying that widespread fraud is occurring, that officials can not be trusted. That those tasked with operating the electoral system have been compromised. And that this covers both GOP and DEM governors, officials and non-affiliated.

It would have to be international observers. Are American voters really going to accept Irish, Australian, Mexican etc officials in to carry out audits?

I made one response to one post about an audit in Pennsylvania. What's the problem here?

Because you have stated that an audit should happen in one particular state for no other reason than because the counting and swing of votes over time happened as expected. There is no reason for an audit as there has been no evidence presented by you or anyone else that warrants such an audit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,187 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

vojiwox wrote: »
    Is there still voting going on in Minnesota?

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/1326156414692315136
    He has deleted it...
    Absolute thicko...maybe the portrayal of him on SNL isn't that far off the truth

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement