Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

If an “audit” is necessary then it must be every single state including senate election and paid for by the Trump campaign. Not happening either way...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

sydthebeat wrote: »
    not at all.... .its exactly as expected from him.

Hes a baby who has cheated at everything his entire life. He is a grandiose narcissist who mentally cannot accept that he is not an expert at anything he decides he is. He lives in a fantasy world where he surrounds himself with sycophants who feed his delusions, and he gets rids of any dissenting voices without mercy. He exploits his followers for financial gain and he bullies anyone who he views as weak. He demeans, abuses, intimidates wherever and whenever he can and his followers lap it up as "alpha".

its not at all surreal at this stage.

its exactly who he is.

I don't disagree with any of that. But I think it's surreal that the President of the USA is openly undermining democracy and the whole world is watching the White House to see how the big baby inside handles losing an election. Surreal that I would expect better from my 8 year old than I do from the Leader of the Free World.

It's surreal that the USA seems to be at the mercy, to an extent, of an individual who cannot accept the fair result from the process that they hold dearest.

But as you rightly point out, it's Donald Trump. When you look at it through that lens, I guess I should never have expected any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,756 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

sydthebeat wrote: »
    not at all.... .its exactly as expected from him.

Hes a baby who has cheated at everything his entire life. He is a grandiose narcissist who mentally cannot accept that he is not an expert at anything he decides he is. He lives in a fantasy world where he surrounds himself with sycophants who feed his delusions, and he gets rids of any dissenting voices without mercy. He exploits his followers for financial gain and he bullies anyone who he views as weak. He demeans, abuses, intimidates wherever and whenever he can and his followers lap it up as "alpha".

its not at all surreal at this stage.

its exactly who he is.

Exactly. All of this, since he was elected, has played out as many of us expected.

Was a loud, brash, incompetent President who lowered the tone of the office.
    Was defeated after a single term.
    Did not want to accept defeat.
    What is yet to come, will display zero decorum as a former President once out of office.

• Advertisement

The democrats have been doing that for the last 4 years. Trump stole the election, Russia interfered. They even had a shambolic inquiry into it and they still couldn't make up anything and Hillary Clinton is still going around saying the election was stolen :pac:

Strange that people ended up in prison from a nothing investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Think you missed the sarcasm
    Prof Moriarty needs to work on it a bit more! Not so obvious in fast moving hotly debated threads! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Exactly. All of this, since he was elected, has played out as many of us expected.

Was a loud, brash, incompetent President who lowered the tone of the office.
    Was defeated after a single term.
    Did not want to accept defeat.
    What is yet to come, will display zero decorum as a former President once out of office.

This will be a problem. Presidents, by and large, have refrained from commenting on their successors. Obama probably strayed too far at times although I can understand why.

There's no way this clown isn't tweeting criticism of Biden every chance he gets. And that's going to keep the chasm well and truly open.

Republicans in 2018...

And here I am once again with my most used quote of this Presidency and election cycle.

'Accuse others of that which you are guilty'.

It's easy to speak forcefully on a topic when you know yourself how you would behave and can just refer to that. Makes you sound insightful, because, actually, you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Arizona update. Trump won't be happy. Biden still leads there by 15,000.

• Advertisement

DeanAustin wrote: »
    This will be a problem. Presidents, by and large, have refrained from commenting on their successors. Obama probably strayed too far at times although I can understand why.

There's no way this clown isn't tweeting criticism of Biden every chance he gets. And that's going to keep the chasm well and truly open.

I've said before that I expect to see him get a Prime Time slot on Fox called 'The President Speaks' or 'The State of the Union'.

Although, it seems they have fallen out of love with each other so maybe it is possible that he will indeed try to launch his own station to rival fox and give himself top billing. Although, to be fair, I think funding might be an issue for him at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Even if Biden wins he still loses. Dems lost seats in the House and the Senate. Not the Anti-Trump mandate that the Dems and the media want us to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I've said before that I expect to see him get a Prime Time slot on Fox called 'The President Speaks' or 'The State of the Union'.

Although, it seems they have fallen out of love with each other so maybe it is possible that he will indeed try to launch his own station to rival fox and give himself top billing. Although, to be fair, I think funding might be an issue for him at this point.

OANN.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Even if Biden wins he still loses. Dems lost seats in the House and the Senate. Not the Anti-Trump mandate that the Dems and the media want us to believe.
    We'll have to wait till January for the Senate race to finish, there are two run-offs in GA.

Concannon7 wrote: »
    **** sorry 🙈 I have read and listened to so much of this line of thinking over the last week at times it's hard to tell. Apologies

Ah easy thing to happen, given the number of new accounts supporting trump etc in threads like these.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Trump was voted out of his job, hardly a ringing endorsement. He wasn't standing for the House or the Senate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,060 ✭✭✭✭briany

DeanAustin wrote: »

Trumpism is based on anger. It's a fundamentally angry philosophy, and I use 'philosophy' loosely. Trump and his acolytes will attempt to keep people angry for as long as possible.

However, it's probably also the great weakness of Trumpism. At some point, people just get tired of being angry all the time. It'll eat a person up. The flame of Trumpism may burn bright for a while, but then expend itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Democrats still hold house majority. Senate is 48/48 right now.

What media is that Ted?

Fox News? The New York Post? OANN? The Washington Times?

Oh, let me guess, that media is fine, it's that other liberal loving media which should be eradicated.

Democrats gained (at least) one seat in the Senate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,060 ✭✭✭✭briany

What media is that Ted?

Fox News? The New York Post? OANN? The Washington Times?

Oh, let me guess, that media is fine, it's that other liberal loving media which should be eradicated.

Fox News was fine, but then some of their anchors and reporters couldn't fully back Trump's guff, so they've been moved to the not fine category.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭dasdog

OANN.
    TNN

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

How much of a risk is it that he'll pull this off?

We can all concede that Trump will stop at nothing to cling to power.
    He will lie, steal and cheat as much as possible to preserve himself without a thought for the consequences. He could care less about the american people or democracy.

Is there a real danger here?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

He will lie, steal and cheat as much as possible to preserve himself without a thought for the consequences. He could care less about the american people or democracy.

Well, he is an autocrat trapped in a democratic system.

It was always the case that the transition period was going to be unstable to put it mildly.

He lost. He will leave. But he'll try and take as many down with him as he can. That's who see is.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,617 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Even Kavanaugh is suggesting that the plaintiffs have an uphill battle arguing that the individual mandate cannot be simply severed from the remainder of the Affordable Care Act.

Plaintiffs still want SCOTUS to invalidate the entire healthcare reform law over the individual mandate. Kavanaugh pointing out that the court's precedent on severability is "on point" here, and asks plaintiffs why the IM is inseverable from the rest of the Act.

Doesn't sound like they're making a lot of ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

He will lie, steal and cheat as much as possible to preserve himself without a thought for the consequences. He could care less about the american people or democracy

The snowflakes would probably take up arms

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Well, he is an autocrat trapped in a democratic system.

It was always the case that the transition period was going to be unstable to put it mildly.

He lost. He will leave. But he'll try and take as many down with him as he can. That's who see is.

This is not normal. Destabilising the civilian leadership of the military is a classic autocratic move. Expect more firings and destabilisation in the weeks to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I’m getting emails from the Trump team now.
    I’m not Rachel or a woman either.

“Rachael,

I will NEVER stop fighting for YOU.

My Administration is achieving things no one thought possible - the stock market is up BIG, the coronavirus vaccine is underway and will be completed safely very soon.

We are accomplishing so much, which is even more reason to step up and DEFEND THE ELECTION!

I’m calling on YOU to FIGHT BACK, Rachael. We need to bolster our critical Election Defense Fund if we’re going to keep going. We can’t do this without you.

I had such a big lead in all of these key battleground states late into Election night, only to see the leads miraculously disappear as the days went by. Perhaps these leads will return as our legal proceedings move forward, but only if we have the resources to KEEP FIGHTING!

You’ve never let me down before, Rachael and I know you won’t start now.

Donald J. Trump
    President of the United States“

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement