Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭hometruths

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Another poll found 50% of Trump supporters believe the Democrats are running a child sex trafficing ring

These people aren't playing with the full deck

Do you have a link for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Pompeo just said he believes there will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration. I'm not sure he understands the word transition. The Mexicans may well think they need to build their own wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Inquitus wrote: »
    Did you see her speech, she was rabid in her allegations!

Couldn’t watch much of it. The state of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Pompeo just said he believes there will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration. I'm not sure he understands the word transition. The Mexicans may well think they need to build their own wall.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1326229253508243458

What part of "you lost" do they not get?

Another poll found 50% of Trump supporters believe the Democrats are running a child sex trafficing ring

These people aren't playing with the full deck

And 64% of Republicans believed Obama was born in another country.

Possibly even more crazy and only something I learned recently is that (in 2009) only 6% of American scientists are republican. I mean I figured it would be low, but not that low.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2009/07/09/section-4-scientists-politics-and-religion/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Trumpists will tell us he's joking I suppose. These guys are not even trying to hide what they are up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Actually great article here on how things might pan out- ugly is not the word but I love the mention of the possibility of Nancy Pelosi as temporary president :D

Essentially both Democrats and Republicans could cause tit for tat damage- it’s just not where anyone wants to be- I think we could well see citizen demonstrations from both sides over coming weeks if it looks like dirty tricks start getting implemented-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/11/06/state-legislatures-electoral-college-steal/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

If trump turns this around then it’s the end of democracy in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

Yes. How would I know about the life of Donald Trump in the 80s and 90s?
    Or are you talking about Trump in politics?

How do you know his story from childhood all the way to Republican nomination?

You should watch the documentary about Roger Stone, I'd highly recommend it. It's both highly entertaining and incredibly horrifying. It explains a lot about the trajectory the Republican party has taken over the last few decades and how Trump became president.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

And 64% of Republicans believed Obama was born in another country.

Possibly even more crazy and only something I learned recently is that (in 2009) only 6% of American scientists are republican. I mean I figured it would be low, but not that low.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2009/07/09/section-4-scientists-politics-and-religion/

There is a significant educational divide between Democrat and Republican voters.

cnocbui wrote: »
    There is a significant educational divide between Democrat and Republican voters.

Oh for sure, I just didn't think the divide was that wide.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭hometruths

Fair enough, I'll admit I did not believe that to be a true for a second, (I assumed it would be some niche poll of QAnon fanatics) but it certainly seems to be true according to that YouGov poll.

If 35 odd million people believe that, it is very worrying for America no matter who is president.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It may not be PC to say but this is absolutely right.

That's how you end up with Trump leading the republican party.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

Strumms wrote: »
    We are living in some truly fûcked up times...

You’d start to wonder if this whole shítshow is being enabled by the Russians or wtf is going on... there is NOTHING remotely normal about this. Covid AND the election.

I haven’t seen the reports but if he’s about the fire to FBI and CIA chiefs, NOW...that’s mad , again, America is in trouble...

I think it's fairly clear it's been planned and implemented by a faction of the Republican party who haven't an iota of scruples, morals, or sense of decency. The only thing they care about is winning, securing power, and making money, at any and all costs.

The rest of the Republican party went along with it as it benefitted them too. Some seem to be developing concern over this, but not enough concern to actually take a stand and put a halt to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

Per Axios:

A team of 28 international observers from the Organization of American States, invited by the Trump administration, issued a preliminary report in which it praised last week’s U.S. elections while criticizing baseless allegations of systematic fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

So here we go !

Trump Supporter Arrested For Requesting Absentee Ballot For Dead Mother
    https://twitter.com/gop_ethics/status/1326002719535083520?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

A significant number of people have smoothly transitioned to an alternative reality it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Yesterday, they cut away from Kayleigh Whatsherface in the middle of her briefing because the anchor was so alarmed at what she was saying.

Kayleigh Magananny

Facts are usually the opposite of PC. This is one of them.

• Advertisement

Well I would say that it's only not considered PC as it upsets those who are republican.

In terms of subjectivity though, it's merely stating facts.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2018/03/20/1-trends-in-party-affiliation-among-demographic-groups/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Sales of Corona beer dropped dramatically in the US when Corona virus hit the country. Some Americans thought you got Covid19 if you drank it. It's not a big leap to think they would believe lies about illegal votes and fraud pedalled out by Donald Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Biden spoke with Martin and Boris earlier. Will speak live soon.

As Trump caps tweets absolute nonsense.

All perfectly normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,059 ✭✭✭✭briany

A significant number of people have smoothly transitioned to an alternative reality it seems.

https://www.thestatesman.com/world/divisive-use-of-social-media-will-lead-to-balkanisation-of-society-obama-1502552501.html
    Former US President Barack Obama has warned against the irresponsible use of social media that fosters division and leads to the “Balkanisation of society”, in what was seen as a dig at his successor and prolific tweeter Donald Trump.

Obama was speaking to Britain’s Prince Harry in an interview for the BBC’s Radio 4 Today programme which was broadcast on Wednesday morning.

Obama warned that the Internet risked reinforcing people’s prejudices and leading to a fractured society. “All of us in leadership have to find ways in which we can recreate a common space on the Internet.”

He expressed concern about a future where facts are discarded and people only read and listen to things that reinforce their own views.

“One of the dangers of the Internet is that people can have entirely different realities. They can be cocooned in information that reinforces their current biases,” he said.

Obama did not mention Trump by name during the interview, which he said was his first since leaving office. However, Trump’s campaign and presidency have been characterized by his outspoken use of Twitter.

“The question has to do with how do we harness this technology in a way that allows a multiplicity of voices, allows a diversity of views, but doesn’t lead to a Balkanisation of society and allows ways of finding common ground,” Obama said in the interview, which was taped in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

CFlat wrote: »
    Sales of Corona beer dropped dramatically in the US when Corona virus hit the country. Some Americans thought you got Covid19 if you drank it. It's not a big leap to think they would believe lies about illegal votes and fraud pedalled out by Donald Trump.

It's on TV.... Youre not allowed tell lies on TV. There are rules.

Something something something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ten-attorneys-general-join-supreme-court-case-against-pennsylvania-mail-ballot-deadline

let's be honest. most politicians are snakes. no 1 is all dat matters.
    I find it interesting they are backing him to the hilt. hmm..

Oh for sure, I just didn't think the divide was that wide.
    According to Pew, 54 percent of college graduates either identified as Democrats or leaned Democratic, compared to 39 percent who identified or leaned Republican. One-third of Americans have a college degree.

Just 25 years ago, those numbers were perfectly reversed in the Pew survey, with the GOP holding a 54-39 advantage among people with college degrees.

The discrepancy becomes even greater when Pew distilled the sample down to people who have post-graduate education — at least some work toward a master’s, doctorate, law or similar degree. In that group, Democrats had a 2-to-1 edge, by 63 percent to 31 percent. In 1994, the two parties were almost evenly divided, with the Democratic lead just 47-45.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/mar/22/democrats-more-educated-republicans-pew-research-c/

They do compensate, somewhat, by owning more guns, so I guess that makes them feel better.
    Republicans are much more likely than Democrats to report having a gun in their home. A majority of Republicans (55%) say they have a gun in their home, compared with 32% of Democrats.
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/21496/gun-ownership-higher-among-republicans-than-democrats.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

They are attempting a coup.

This short clip shows how bad the partisan divide has gotten in recent decades. You could even argue that one side not accepting a presidential election result was inevitable based on this trend.

• Advertisement

They do compensate, somewhat, by owning more guns, so I guess that makes them feel better.

Republicans are much more likely than Democrats to report having a gun in their home. A majority of Republicans (55%) say they have a gun in their home, compared with 32% of Democrats.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/21496/gun-ownership-higher-among-republicans-than-democrats.aspx

I'm actually surprised that that many democrats have guns (albeit in 2005). I lived in America and don't believe I ever met someone who openly admitted to owning a gun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement