Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

nullzero wrote: »
    Obviously he didn't do it alone. But to be an Italian American and to openly challenge the Mafia back then wasn't a move many were willing to make.

Plenty did, and even before him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Not really.

You're typically remembered for your most memorable actions.

his appearance next to a dildo store is the most memorable image of the most publicised election in my lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

his appearance next to a dildo store is the most memorable image of the most publicised election in my lifetime.

I thought he fitted in nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Obviously he didn't do it alone. But to be an Italian American and to openly challenge the Mafia back then wasn't a move many were willing to make.

Unfortunately he is impacting on his legacy by his recent actions. It doesn't cancel out everything he did in the past but it will colour his reputation, how could it not? He is making a complete fool of himself.

Apologies if this has already been shared, but if you want a laugh you should check out the "Election Defense Fund" website. It's the shonkiest looking thing, it puts the Ryanair website to shame.

Staffer: "So, Mr. President - about the site. What do you want as the default donation amount - we were thinking..."
    DT: "1000 bucks a week oughta do it. That's what most people can afford right? I mean a gallon of milk is probably about 200 bucks, right?"
    Staffer: *Sighs* "Yes, Mr. President, that's about right."

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

Donald "Tin Cup" Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,150 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Hyperbole much, over someone you don't like

All I'm seeing here is hyperbole.

My post was clearly pointing out the nonsensical nature of what has been said about this man in this thread. Hardly hyperbole.

Some of the things posted here over the last week have been nauseating, wishing for Trump to be assassinated etc.

Two wrongs obviously make a right to some people.

Glazers Out!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Overheal wrote: »
    Our President-Elect and Vice President-Elect speaking now after plaintiff's shambles of a SCOTUS hearing on the Affordable Care Act

TLDR It didn't sound like the SCOTUS was convinced by the Republican argument. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/11/10/scotus-hearing-aca-live-updates/

Imagine after this, it will be Trump’s own justice that will f*ck him over.

I’m not in the least bit surprised. Roberts was never going to vote to strike out the ACA because of the reputational hit his Court would take as a result. Also, Kavanaugh votes with Roberts more than any other Justice, so if Roberts was swinging, it was highly likely Kavanaugh would too.

°°°°°

he is involved with trump in trying to drag the US to civil war.

Now that's hyperbole.

Glazers Out!

Now that's hyperbole.

maybe it is but there is an element of truth in it. What do you think will happen if you continue to lie to 70m people and tell them their election was stolen?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Now that's hyperbole.

It’s actually not

That is how dangerous a man like Trump is, when he has support and encouragement!!!

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

maybe it is but there is an element of truth in it. What do you think will happen if you continue to lie to 70m people and tell them their election was stolen?

Sounds kind of similar to the Russian collusion angle we spent 4 years listening to from the Democrats.

There's idiots aplenty on both sides of the aisle to keep us all scratching our heads tbf.

I don't support Trump or Biden for clarity. It seems like the new normal when an election is lost is to kick up a stink and go the legal route.

Glazers Out!

All I'm seeing here is hyperbole.

My post was clearly pointing out the nonsensical nature of what has been said about this man in this thread. Hardly hyperbole.

Some of the things posted here over the last week have been nauseating, wishing for Trump to be assassinated etc.

Two wrongs obviously make a right to some people.

Most of the stuff about him and trump has been accurate and sourced from news reports, unlike the conspiracy theory and similar sad sack sites supporting trump and his team being dumped as evidence of trump winning.

To claim otherwise would be like saying a family member was duped into voting for something without reading the campaign literature etc.

Can you link to a post saying trump should be assassinated, I've been dipping in and out of the thread during breaks from work and helping a friend with a project and haven't seen all the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

tjdaly wrote: »
    Donald Trump - what an epic dude! Love yah man. Pls run again in four years time, surely you can retake the crown that is rightfully yours. By then sleepy Joe will have crashed the economy and Harris will be a has been.

Go back home -> https://thedonald.win/

Sounds kind of similar to the Russian collusion angle we spent 4 years listening to from the Democrats.

There's idiots aplenty on both sides of the aisle to keep us all scratching our heads tbf.

I don't support Trump or Biden for clarity. It seems like the new normal when an election is lost is to kick up a stink and go the legal route.

I dont remember Hilary refusing to concede and launching frivolous lawsuit after frivolous lawsuit. Refresh my memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,517 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Donald Trump - what an epic dude! Love yah man. Pls run again in four years time, surely you can retake the crown that is rightfully yours. By then sleepy Joe will have crashed the economy and Harris will be a has been.

:D:pac: Haha, Trump has almost crashed a whole democracy, put the economy into great risk...never mind Biden in 5 years, you could run Tinky Winky against whichever Republican and Tinky Winky is winning, I wouldn’t open my door to a Republican canvasser or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I dont remember Hilary refusing to concede and launching frivolous lawsuit after frivolous lawsuit. Refresh my memory.
    Obama called her and told her not to but she did want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Faugheen wrote: »
    Imagine after this, it will be Trump’s own justice that will f*ck him over.

I’m not in the least bit surprised. Roberts was never going to vote to strike out the ACA because of the reputational hit his Court would take as a result. Also, Kavanaugh votes with Roberts more than any other Justice, so if Roberts was swinging, it was highly likely Kavanaugh would too.

Ever get the feeling kavanagh regrets his past history and had some come to Jesus moments. Perhaps he is on his own personal redemption mission. Where he just deals with the law as the law and is taking queues from someone he looks up to , that being Roberts .

I'm sure having grown daughters has a massive effect on how he sees himself now as a father.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Obama called her and told her not to but she did want to.

so she didnt refuse to concede and launch frivolous lawsuit after frivolous lawsuit, is that what you are saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭KilOit

Inquitus wrote: »
    Go back home -> https://thedonald.win/

I have been looking at that site past few days, truly fascinating stuff, words can't describe the level of obsession with Trump is

so she didnt refuse to concede and launch frivolous lawsuit after frivolous lawsuit, is that what you are saying?
    No, she wanted to launch lawsuits but was persuaded to be a good loser instead. And they are all frivolous in every election but candidates are entitled to challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

listermint wrote: »
    Ever get the feeling kavanagh regrets his past history and had some come to Jesus moments. Perhaps he is on his own personal redemption mission. Where he just deals with the law as the law and is taking queues from someone he looks up to , that being Roberts .

I'm sure having grown daughters has a massive effect on how he sees himself now as a father.

In fairness to Kavanaugh, he has always valued precedent when making rulings and offering opinions. Today, he used the precedent of severing one provision of a law but not using that one provision to scrap that particular law entirely.

He’s been a very moderate justice, to his credit. Perhaps what you’re saying could be the case but he’s almost mirroring his predecessor at this stage.

One f*ck up in the Wisconsin case aside, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tjdaly

KilOit wrote: »
    I have been looking at that site past few days, truly fascinating stuff, words can't describe the level of obsession with Trump is

He is a glorious man. Even the people who don't exactly love him still think he is funny as hell. He represents the best and worst of America all in one gloriously neat and absurd package. Plus he shot down Covid easily and yanks love a gunslinger.

is_that_so wrote: »
    No, she wanted to launch lawsuits but was persuaded to be a good loser instead. And they are all frivolous in every election but candidates are entitled to challenge.

she conceded as soon as trump reached 270 EC votes. she couldn't have done a lot of thinking or needed much persuasion. Do you have a source that says obama had to talk her down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

DubInMeath wrote: »
    They claimed that there was Russian interference, which was investigated.
    The only person claiming fraud was trump because he lost the popular vote.

Did they find anything after the investigation?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,612 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

image.jpg
    2545.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&

532499.jpg

a couple of trumps campaign ended up convicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

He is a glorious man. Even the people who don't exactly love him still think he is funny as hell. He represents the best and worst of America all in one gloriously neat and absurd package. Plus he shot down Covid easily and yanks love a gunslinger.

Record breaking numbers of cases and deaths day on day, I'd say his gun must have backfired.

°°°°°

Of course not.

And it was the very definition of a conspiracy theory.

Both sides of the political divide in America are full to the brim with crackpots with insane worldviews. It's worrying how willingly people in this country engage with it all.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

I could be wrong but I don’t believe you can run for president if you have a criminal record.

• Advertisement

she conceded as soon as trump reached 270 EC votes. she couldn't have done a lot of thinking or needed much persuasion. Do you have a source that says obama had to talk her down?
    From a book by Amie Parnes and Jonathan Allen called Shattered.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/18/hillary-clinton-shattered-book-obama-election-loss

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement