Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

eagle eye wrote: »
    The amount of links to Twitter on here is insane.

I just don't understand why so many people are on that site. It's full of lies and agendas. It's imo the place that stupid get tracked and dragged into believing crap.

Why are people keeping linking to it.

I'm not on Twitter but.......

Lols are lols!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

eagle eye wrote: »
    North Carolina has Trump ahead by 70k but as far as I'm aware all votes left are absentee ballots.

Biden can still win there I think. It'll be tight but it's possible.

If he were to win NC, I think all these threats of litigation end. No way back from that far behind.

The remaining North Carolina ballots aren't the usual absentee ballots, I think they're voting day ballots. I can't remember exactly, but they're expected to favour Trump or be an even split.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dante7 wrote: »
    The remaining North Carolina ballots aren't the usual absentee ballots, I think they're voting day ballots. I can't remember exactly, but they're expected to favour Trump or be an even split.

They're absentee. NC gives voters until the 12th for their postmarked ballots to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,840 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Wow Georgia still at 99% ..... guess they are waiting till it's a full percentage point lead ...

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Once you have the cop on to filter out all the mad stuff, it's a useful news source.

Thats alot of filtering, charcoal grade filters would probably still yield ineffective there.
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

You get the feeling the way it's going today if say Pennsylvania were to announce all remaining votes at once at the last second republicans would get a court order stopping it claiming illegality

Tedious now.

Bored out of my trolley with this delay. I know... we all want instant gratification, but come on...in the centre of excellence in the Western World I'd expect better.

Medieval type counting along with the ability to pardon like way back when. Modern and all that, yeah right.

Votes are coming in batches of the hundreds now, not the thousands. If we are bored, imagine how these guys on CNN feel, pointing at the board for hours on end with it not changing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

I'm starting to think he doesn't actually understand..... which is more worrying.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324855496722026498

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Next batch in for Biden from a 60%+ Trump county, but Biden still winning on the mail in votes.

They have to call PA soon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Wow Georgia still at 99% ..... guess they are waiting till it's a full percentage point lead ...

It reminds me of my laptop updating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

How is it possible to have such a lack of self awareness?

I remember saying this ages ago, but sensitive topics concerning murder or death that he tweeted he'd sign off with an exclamation sign, it made what he wrote look so insincere and cheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kerry_man15

I don't believe there has been huge voter fraud like Trump is claiming. I just wondered what is possible, and how it could be done.
    I just don't blindly dismiss the notion just because Trump said it, that's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

vojiwox wrote: »
    I'm starting to think he doesn't actually understand..... which is more worrying.

Miraculously disappeared by the laws his party out in place.. why does he treat his fans with such contempt? Would you not be offended like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

ahhhhh, the relief and a ray of hope while we are all enduring his fecking virus

welcome President Biden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,640 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Once you have the cop on to filter out all the mad stuff, it's a useful news source.

Well most of the stuff posted up here is agenda driven.

Vcu3656 wrote: »
    It’s not plagiarism, what I posted is readily available. Yes I live in the US, should I post my dual citizenship, both my passports? 🀦*♂️
    Don’t attack the messenger, I just posted some information that’s real and factual. Take it, leave it, believe it or not. Your choice, just research it before you dismiss it

I asked how you knew that the poster you said only lived in Ireland did not actually live in the U.S. not if you did.
    Again look up plagiarism.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

vojiwox wrote: »

Bit like how much he understands who pays for tariffs or how deficits work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I don't believe there has been huge voter fraud like Trump is claiming. I just wondered what is possible, and how it could be done.
    I just don't blindly dismiss the notion just because Trump said it, that's all.

Trumps claims are only based on the fact that he can't believe people don't all love him, so if he's not getting 100% of the vote it must be a conspiracy. He has no actual evidence of any fraud other than ideas rattling around in his head.

Yep, because Biden respects the rule of law and the peaceful transition of power. She didn't have her ducks in a row and the law didn't permit her point of debate without a senators signature and being in writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,640 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Quin_Dub wrote:
    Bit like how much he understands who pays for tariffs or how deficits work.

Or playing a game that he's gone stark raving mad and unfit to stand trial in a couple of months time maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,210 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Millions of ballots flooded the country, and millions of them came back from people who have NEVER in their life voted before. That's a fact.
    They are counting the votes received for sure, but it's not realistic to claim they came from people who would have voted if this was a normal election, without Covid.

Doesn't add up that Biden who spent the last few months holding rallies for 20 people inspired the greatest turn out in the history of the Presidential Election.

If you make a process easier and harder to govern then that process will be abused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,629 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1324852450109624322

You could put that on pay-per-view. There'll be secret service agents tripping over each other to be rostered to work that day :D

Millions of ballots flooded the country, and millions of them came back from people who have NEVER in their life voted before. That's a fact.
    They are counting the votes received for sure, but it's not realistic to claim they came from people who would have voted if this was a normal election, without Covid.

Doesn't add up that Biden who spent the last few months holding rallies for 20 people inspired the greatest turn out in the history of the Presidential Election.

If you make a process easier and harder to govern then that process will be abused.

Shock news just in.

Make it easier for people to vote by mail rather than queuing up for 10 hours during a pandemic and more people vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭secman

Goldilocks manipulated the 3 bears....FACT

Fairytales.. ..faketales....

https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1324852450109624322

You could put that on pay-per-view. There'll be secret service agents tripping over each other to be rostered to work that day :D

Richard Nixon suggested that someone from the military or the secret service could leave him a handgun and be done with it. His doctor was informed and his "sleeping pills and tranquilizers" were confiscated from him.

https://osupublicationarchives.osu.edu/?a=d&d=LTN19760329-01.2.24&e=
    en-20--1--txt-txIN

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Biden lead extended to 17k in PA now.

Apparently the Press Association will call it when he reaches a 34k margin (outside 0.5% recount territory)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Before things start to get wound up tonight, I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone contributing to these threads in the last few days. I've been watching from the sidelines and really enjoyed all the contributions - particular shoutout to the poster who had the option of a profitable cash-out bet of €500 on Trump and refused, and the poster who has been trolling saying they lived multiple different states with anecdotes; those posts really made me laugh :pac:

I've always had a distant interest in US elections but have never got so involved than this year. I've genuinely found it fascinating, and although some people might think I've wasted hours of my life over the last few days, I have honestly enjoyed it.

I'm no historian and have no knowledge of the finer details of previous US presidencies, but for my whole life I have always seen US Presidents as the example for the world to aspire to, and the presidency as the most powerful position in the world.

With all that said, I am absolutely dumbfounded with how the Trump campaign are acting. It's actually so unbelievable and desperate that 'House of Cards' is starting to look tame in comparison. It's an embarrassment to the US and if I were a citizen, whether red or blue, I'd be humiliated right now.

I really hope this doesn't drag on, and the politicians on both sides can finally compromise and prioritise the country over parties/egos.

PS. Used to travel regularly to Philadelphia before COVID and it is a fantastic city. I always thought it was a hidden gem in the US but fear after this it will become a mecca.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement