Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

DrumSteve wrote: »
    The end goal was never fraud; it was always to delay certification of the results.
    I would have said the end goal was always the grift. Conning people out of donations.

I don't put it past them; but attempting to bypass the actual election results and reinstall Trump is a recipe for carnage.

For the likes of Trump, this is of minimal concern. Oligarchs usually increase their wealth & power during chaos and conflict. But the rest of the GOP aren't so comfortably sheltered.

At a state level, I can't see a court or a governor allowing frivilous court cases to delay certification, when the end result could be actual violence on the streets, attacks on politicians' homes, etc. The existence of a court case isn't sufficient to delay certification. The court can just decide to say "enough" and push it through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I suspect that he's arguing semantics here in the hopes of holding on to his gofundme money.

His original Statement actually said nothing , he explicitly said that he DID NOT hear his supervisors say anything about changing dates etc. but that it was something he thought they might do.

So , whilst he probably hasn't technically "recanted" his statement , what has happened is that under questioning he has been forced to admit that his statement doesn't say what the Right Wing media have been trying to suggest it says.

That was my reading of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

So thousands of identified “fraudulent” votes in Nevada were actually military personnel based out of state.
    Morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

seamus wrote: »
    I would have said the end goal was always the grift. Conning people out of donations.

I don't put it past them; but attempting to bypass the actual election results and reinstall Trump is a recipe for carnage.

For the likes of Trump, this is of minimal concern. Oligarchs usually increase their wealth & power during chaos and conflict. But the rest of the GOP aren't so comfortably sheltered.

At a state level, I can't see a court or a governor allowing frivilous court cases to delay certification, when the end result could be actual violence on the streets, attacks on politicians' homes, etc. The existence of a court case isn't sufficient to delay certification. The court can just decide to say "enough" and push it through.

Yeah good point, I probably should have worded it better to specify my point was in relation only to the election results, but I would agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

omega man wrote: »
    So thousands of identified “fraudulent” votes in Nevada were actually military personnel based out of state.
    Morons.

Yip. The Republican Party is actively trying to get the votes of military personal thrown out.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Yip. The Republican Party is actively trying to get the votes of military personal thrown out.

Ah sure they are just losers and their family members gave trump covid (apparently)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I suspect that he's arguing semantics here in the hopes of holding on to his gofundme money.

His original Statement actually said nothing , he explicitly said that he DID NOT hear his supervisors say anything about changing dates etc. but that it was something he thought they might do.

So , whilst he probably hasn't technically "recanted" his statement , what has happened is that under questioning he has been forced to admit that his statement doesn't say what the Right Wing media have been trying to suggest it says.

I heard an interview with him with project veritas where he was categorical that it was something he heard them talk about doing, but that he hadn't actually seen them do anything.
    So to me this is a complete flip flop.

His go fund me page isn't there now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Call me Al wrote: »
    I heard an interview with him with project veritas where he was categorical that it was something he heard them talk about doing, but that he hadn't actually seen them do anything.

They were probably just joking about it and theorising if it would be something that would actually work, and concluding that it wouldn't work.

Unlike Trump, who was apparently joking about putting a lightbulb laden with bleach inside people to kill off the virus. But that's OK for him to say stupid things on TV that might results in people actually harming themselves, other people chatting to their mate at work isn't allowed and is a conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I reckon theres a chance he might have heard something alright.
    But I think this is because theres a chance he may be known in his sorting office as a bit of a conspiracy theorist who is pro-Trump.
    He may simply be the butt of a big joke. Two people talking, waiting for him to be in earshot, knowing that they'll just wind him up?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Call me Al wrote: »

And to be honest if indeed that conversation ever happened I'd be far more inclined to believe that it was an attempt to cover for their own incompetence or at least the inefficiencies caused by DeJoy etc. then for it to be someone trying to swing the Election in favour of one candidate or the other.

Imagine the Scenario - There are bags full of mail that have been sitting there for days that you haven't been able to process because you are understaffed and/or sorting equipment has been removed.

You *know* that mail was posted several days ago and that you should have processed it already , processing it late means you miss your "on time postage" metrics , maybe impacting bonus/salaries etc. or at least getting you grief from a higher-up.

So , you and your buddies sitting in the canteen theorise over a coffee about how you could flag them as having been processed when they *should* have been rather than when they were.

Now , you don't do it as that would require someone to reprogram the machines and change the dates etc.

You know , stuff that would have an audit trail that would be easily traced and get you fired/jailed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,346 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

omega man wrote: »
    Morons.

This nonsense is getting more and more embarrassing as the days go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Tony EH wrote: »
    This nonsense is getting more and more embarrassing as the days go on.

The vote counting is still going on, still in Biden's favour.
    I think the vote rigging nonsense will just blow over in a week or two when the complete numbers are knows.
    How can the democrats come up with literally millions of fraudulent votes?
    How can the do it across the entire nation?
    How come it didn't change the senate?
    How come it's fraudulent, but still in line with previous voting patterns?
    How come no one noticed and no one has evidence?
    An Update On The 4 Remaining States In The Presidential Race, As Of Nov. 10
    Here’s the latest on the four states where we still don’t know the winner of the presidential race (although, to be clear, none of this would change the main takeaway — Biden has won the election, we’re just tracking the final electoral vote tally at this point):

Arizona: Biden currently leads by 14,468 votes, but an estimated 58,000 ballots (including 33,000 provisional ballots) still need to be counted. Trump needs to win about 63 percent of those (or more) to pull into the lead, a goal that looks increasingly unattainable. Arizona is still releasing results at a regular pace, with the next big drop from Maricopa County due at 9 p.m. Eastern.

Alaska: Alaska has counted every Election Day vote and early in-person votes cast by Oct. 29, and Trump leads these ballots by 54,598 votes. However, there are still between 145,000 and 156,000 ballots left to count, meaning Biden’s path to a win here is steep but not impossible. Those remaining results will begin to be announced at 9 p.m. Eastern tonight.

North Carolina: Trump currently leads here by 74,870 votes. There are potentially as many as 144,000 votes left to count, but that includes 93,000 absentee ballots that were mailed to voters but haven’t yet been received by election officials (many of them were probably never mailed back) as well as 23,000 provisional ballots. So there may simply not be enough votes to erase Biden’s deficit. Counties will release the results of late-arriving absentee ballots through Friday, and the provisional ballots will be tallied by the end of the week as well.

Georgia: With almost all of the vote counted, Biden is up here by 12,651 votes, or 0.3 percentage points. That’s close enough that Trump’s campaign can request a recount, which would take place after the state’s Nov. 20 certification deadline and take about two weeks. However, it would be unprecedented in modern times for a recount to reverse such a wide margin.
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2020-election-uncalled-races/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Have you ever seen a gambling addict lose some money, and in a mix of desperation and their own addiction try to win it back by chasing the loss? They know that if they double-down on the next one, they will win.

It's not that they CAN get the money back, it's that they WILL get that money back. You can see their folly, but they are so blinded by their own biases, by the biases of their addiction, that they won't listen to you. They know better, you just can't see it and won't accept it.

No matter how much you try to talk this person around, you can't. Their mind has created this delusion for them and they WANT with all of their hearts to not be in that mess, so much so that their mind tells them they're not and they'll be out of it asap. Just double down!

This is what I imagine when I see people on this thread saying Trump "will still win", when they say Trump HAS won, when they talk about election fraud and link articles from dodgy sources.

It's sad to watch and you want to help these people, but you can't. They don't want your help. They're deluded beyond all of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

eagle eye wrote: »
    I see his election campaign fund is now the election defense fund.
    Hopefully people are tracking this money.

Half of the money is going to pay off campaign debt.
    It is in the small print supposedly.
    Trump is a grifter.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Pompeo just said he believes there will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration. I'm not sure he understands the word transition. The Mexicans may well think they need to build their own wall.

Pompeo and that odious individual Barr are just making things worse.

Had to laugh at Jake Tapper's response last night to private comments by Republicans about how they are humouring the president by playing along.
    He stated "it is like they are coddling a 5 year old whose pet turtle has just died".

And he is right.
    It is disgraceful that people like Barr, McConnell, etc are humouring this shyte.
    It is stoking up the fires of hatred and distrust in the very fabric of their democracy just to pander to a half wit who can't face losing.

And 64% of Republicans believed Obama was born in another country.

Possibly even more crazy and only something I learned recently is that (in 2009) only 6% of American scientists are republican. I mean I figured it would be low, but not that low.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2009/07/09/section-4-scientists-politics-and-religion/

A few years back I came across stats about MIT and the high percentage of foreign students.
    Over 40% of the graduate students are foreign.
    One of the interesting things is how many of the people who push technology forward in the US have historically been immigrants or first generation immigrants and that trend has continued right to this day.

More than a third of the tech companies in the US have been founded or led by people born outside US.
    These are the likes of Sergey Brin (Google/USSR), Elon Musk (Tesla/South Africa), Jerry Yang (Yahoo/Taiwan), Jan Koum (Whatsapp/Ukraine), Max Levchin (Paypal, Ukraine).
    cnocbui wrote: »
    There is a significant educational divide between Democrat and Republican voters.

There is also a significant divide between Democrats and Republicans with it seems common sense.
    Oh and I would say huge differences in religious adherence as well.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Have you ever seen a gambling addict lose some money, and in a mix of desperation and their own addiction try to win it back by chasing the loss? They know that if they double-down on the next one, they will win.

It's not that they CAN get the money back, it's that they WILL get that money back. You can see their folly, but they are so blinded by their own biases, by the biases of their addiction, that they won't listen to you. They know better, you just can't see it and won't accept it.

No matter how much you try to talk this person around, you can't. Their mind has created this delusion for them and they WANT with all of their hearts to not be in that mess, so much so that their mind tells them they're not and they'll be out of it asap. Just double down!

This is what I imagine when I see people on this thread saying Trump "will still win", when they say Trump HAS won, when they talk about election fraud and link articles from dodgy sources.

It's sad to watch and you want to help these people, but you can't. They don't want your help. They're deluded beyond all of that.

There’s so many negative analogies with Trump you could use. The man is morally bankrupt which means in his eyes and his supporters eyes he’s technically not doing anything wrong.

The people he has put into positions of power or whom he seems to attract or good relations with make me think of the phrase birds of a feather flock together. Most people, in the absence of proper evidence, refuse to say it but Trump is as corrupt as they come. Among the many corrupt acts he engages in he is most likely benefiting from interference from USA rivals helping influence elections among many other criminal activities that he technically can avoid being done for. In one way the USA prob doesn’t want to actually expose everything he’s done because of what that will say about half the people in the country blindly supporting him.

He’s systematically dividing and weakening the USA because he can’t handle being beaten in a democratic election. That’s just a fact and yet many are somehow buying into this farce with zero evidence and zero actions of Trump that would even lend credibility to his accusations. He accuses everybody of cheating when he loses something, whether Emmy awards, republican nominations or this. He said it before the election that if he lost it was because it was rigged. It doesn’t take too much digging to make an objective observation of the person and their motives to work out what is most likely.

I think while trying to be balanced , many people shy away from what his supporters can accuse of being hysterical or hyperbolic (ironic really as they lack the capacity to reflect on their own behavior). But Trump is a corrupt , dictator like president who is far more dangerous then the Jokes we make about him. It’s not that he’s intelligent, moreso the opposite, he uses mostly basic instincts to drive his actions and it appeals to people who can understand what it’s like to be emotionally driven. He also marketed himself as a successful businessman which is probably his greatest achievement as he’s a terrible business person who would of made more money leaving his inheritance in a basic index fund.

Humanity has a record of following bad people that usually leads to bad things that were not anticipated. Hopefully democracy wins out in spite of Trump and he f**ks off with his own propaganda station that only the misguided people following him watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I can't remember if it was here or reddit that I saw someone gloating about a whistleblower yesterday morning, and how this must be proof in itself because lying about it would see that person in prison.

It seems the whistleblower must have only become aware of that yesterday too, since they immediately scrambled to be as loud and clear as possible about retraction their entire statement. :D

Just another case of Trump supporters going out of their way to intentionally as much as possible, unless/until actual consequences are involved.

biko wrote: »

He's "doing a Tara Reade", brilliant!

Claim anything and everything you want in the public sphere where less action can be taken, but tell the police something entirely different since that would mean prison time if you were lying.

Tara Reade if anyone can't remember, is the person who became an absolutely avid Putin fangirl overnight and about a year later accused Biden of sexual assault in the 90s anywhere and everywhere she could in media, but point blank refused to do so to the police, as filing false police reports can bring prison time.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Does anyone else sense that somewhere, a decision has already been taken against Trump, and that he is now doomed to failure, irrespective of all eventualities.

I suspect that the "establishment" has voted him out but I can't explain how he remained in power for 4 years, he doesn't appear to have fulfilled any useful "stooge" role.

Does anyone else sense that somewhere, a decision has already been taken against Trump, and that he is now doomed to failure, irrespective of all eventualities.
    Yes, it's called a general election. They had one last week. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I can't remember if it was here or reddit that I saw someone gloating about a whistleblower yesterday morning, and how this must be proof in itself because lying about it would see that person in prison.

It seems the whistleblower must have only become aware of that yesterday too, since they immediately scrambled to be as loud and clear as possible about retraction their entire statement. :D

Just another case of Trump supporters going out of their way to intentionally as much as possible, unless/until actual consequences are involved.

there was certainly somebody here that said
    lads sworn affidavits are serious. jail time if ye lie.

• Advertisement

I suspect that the "establishment" has voted him out but I can't explain how he remained in power for 4 years, he doesn't appear to have fulfilled any useful "stooge" role.

77 million Americans have voted him out. Will probably hit at least 78 million by the time California and New York complete their counts

yeah if you consider 70+ million people the establishment then that is certainly true.

there was certainly somebody here that said

There it is!

I think we all should credit 'thecretinhop' with identifying why that whistleblower statement was recanted with investigators - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115250814&postcount=4900

I see this poster has been banned, so we'll have to thank a random new account that emerges from the ashes in the coming days instead.

Yes, it's called a general election. They had one last week. :p

Sure, but there seems to be a certain "safeness" about the count, no fear of an upset courtesy of the law suits.

77 million Americans have voted him out. Will probably hit at least 78 million by the time California and New York complete their counts

Sure, but there seems to be a certain "safeness" about the count, no fear of an upset courtesy of the law suits.

yeah if you consider 70+ million people the establishment then that is certainly true.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Because the lawsuits to date have been spurious without evidence. If Trump has real evidence then he needs to bring it forward.

that would be down to the winning margin and the lawsuits having no merit

Thats because there really isn't any. Even Scott walker (hardcore GOPer and former wisconsin Governor) for example has said this, pointing to the 20k gap in votes for each candidate and that recounts amount to a difference if 100-300 votes.

If it all came down to one state that was decided by about 500 votes it could be quite a different scenario, but that's not the case here.

• Advertisement

Because the lawsuits are spurious, and even if one of the hits, its likely to impact dozens of votes at most and not 10's of thousands

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement