Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Because the lawsuits to date have been spurious without evidence. If Trump has real evidence then he needs to bring it forward.

I agree, but no one (news channels or Biden camp) has made any provision whatsoever for a u-turn.
    I'm not complaining, I'm delighted Trump has been issued his marching orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Reading the Biden-Harris Presidential Transition Team Twitter account (@Transition46) and I spotted something that gives hope for the future. An actual Oxford comma in a tweet. No more presidential tweets in all caps or multiple exclamation points.

I agree, but no one (news channels or Biden camp) has made any provision whatsoever for a u-turn.

there is no basis for a u-turn so why should anyone make provision for it?

The only way a u-turn will happen will be due to a coup. If legal due process is followed Biden will be confirmed by the electoral college. If Trump were to persuade a few states to not ratify the results, it will in effect have been a coup and the end of the US as we know it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,181 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sure, but there seems to be a certain "safeness" about the count, no fear of an upset courtesy of the law suits.
    Is this your equivalent of "that would be an ecumenical matter"?

• Advertisement

there is no basis for a u-turn so why should anyone make provision for it?

What if Trump manages to muddy the waters enough to question the validity of the result ?

This is, after all, the very reason why he appointed so many of his own people to positions of power.

What if Trump manages to muddy the waters enough to question the validity of the result ?

It's more likely a coup will happen (or is happening). He has no legal basis for muddying the water the slightest bit.

This is, after all, the very reason why he appointed so many of his own people to positions of power.

his court cases are not even getting past the first hurdle.

gmisk wrote: »
    Is this your equivalent of "that would be an ecumenical matter"?

Haha, ah no, I'm not squirming.

I'm delighted that Trump is on the way out but I do feel that his efforts are doomed to failure for more than one reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭KilOit

Blood in the street and end of the USA as a democracy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

It's more likely a coup will happen (or is happening). He has no legal basis for muddying the water the slightest bit.

You can't have a coup without the support of the military. Trump would seem to have burnt his bridges on that end.

But sure he doesn't need any legal merit to muddy the waters, "muddy the waters" means cause confusion, he's very good at that.

I know the first 10 or so got nowhere but weren't they followed by many more ?

I know the first 10 or so got nowhere but weren't they followed by many more ?

none of them have gone anywhere, unless you know different?

You can't have a coup without the support of the military.

That's a military coup, a type of coup. You can have a coup without the military, but it's unlikely to be successful.

KilOit wrote: »
    Blood in the street and end of the USA as a democracy

I don't think they'll disintegrate at this stage, they've survived 4 years already.

I'm sure there's a plan in place, my suspicion is that we're seeing that plan play out (a good thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Does anyone else sense that somewhere, a decision has already been taken against Trump, and that he is now doomed to failure, irrespective of all eventualities.

I suspect that the "establishment" has voted him out but I can't explain how he remained in power for 4 years, he doesn't appear to have fulfilled any useful "stooge" role.

*the US Supreme Court looks directly into the camera*

That's a military coup, a type of coup. You can have a coup without the military, but it's unlikely to be successful.

Unless the military remain passive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

I suspect its those Georgia senate elections in January that are motivating the GOP support of trump right now.

Unless the military remain passive

Exactly, you can have a coup without the military being involved at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Exactly. I would bet that due to a complete lack of credible evidence none of them will make it as far as the Supreme Court. Even if they somehow did I would expect that the judges will be completely impartial including the ones that Trump thinks he can influence. It is game over for Trump (for this election anyway).

none of them have gone anywhere, unless you know different?

I thought there were a few waves of law suits, each heralded by a pronouncement from good ol' Rudy.

I hope they're all shot down but I don't think that's happened yet.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    *the US Supreme Court looks directly into the camera*

Good point !!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's crazy how the court cases are even getting as far as being even read out in an actual court. Any lawyer taking them forward to a court should be sanctioned for wasting the courts time.

Lawyer for Trump: We have extensive evidence that pigs can fly.
    Judge: Really? Lets see it?
    Lawyer for Trump: Well when we said pig we didn't mean actual pigs? It might have been a plane painted pink.
    Judge: Show me this pink plane, I'm bored today and want a laugh.
    Lawyer for Trump: Actually they didn't paint the plane pink. It might have been a pig in a crate on a plane, or maybe someone eating a bacon sandwich. There is loads of evidence for this.
    Judge: Never darken the doors of my court again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭briany

Giuliani's raving and extremely tenuous supposition reminds of the Chewbacca defence from South Park

Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed media, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer representing the President of the United States, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that news room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed media, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! Now lets go buy some adult books.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Nice rundown of most of the cases that have been filed by the pro-Trump side (spoiler, a lot have been throw out)

But would imagine Rudy will be ranting and filing more and more, just to keep the concept and idea of "massive electoral fraud, tons of court cases opened investigating it" even if they are dismissed with an hour or so....the sheer fact there are cases would be enough to drive a certain sub-section of America to question the elections validity via their allegiance to Trump.

robinph wrote: »
    It's crazy how the court cases are even getting as far as being even read out in an actual court. Any lawyer taking them forward to a court should be sanctioned for wasting the courts time.

Lawyer for Trump: We have extensive evidence that pigs can fly.
    Judge: Really? Lets see it?
    Lawyer for Trump: Well when we said pig we didn't mean actual pigs? It might have been a plane painted pink.
    Judge: Show me this pink plane, I'm bored today and want a laugh.
    Lawyer for Trump: Actually they didn't paint the plane pink. It might have been a pig in a crate on a plane, or maybe someone eating a bacon sandwich. There is loads of evidence for this.
    Judge: Never darken the doors of my court again.

the post below includes two examples of the quality of the legal work produced by trumps lawyers
    namloc1980 wrote: »
    Here's what the GOP/Trump produced in one of their frivolous lawsuits in Nevada. 2 one page affidavits. On one of the affidavits the evidence offered was that the alleger suggested that her roommate "possibly" stole her ballot :pac:. Not surprisingly it was thrown out. Looking forward to more of the same this week.

https://twitter.com/marceelias/status/1325583846600011778?s=20

this is the response from one court to documents filed by trumps lawyers. It is very sad work indeed though I suppose you get what you pay for. Trump was asking lawyers to work for free.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Feb6e98f2-fd18-4206-a4b6-eff31bad598d_880x730.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump has begun today's twitter rampage...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1326519025552265216

That doesn't even make any sense. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Trump has begun today's twitter rampage...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1326519025552265216

I can't wait until they ban him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement