Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So now saying things he doesn't like on twitter is evidence of election fraud?!?

A poll showing him losing would surely have the effect of getting people out to vote for him and Biden supporters to think it wasn't worth the effort. How is reporting on a poll illegal? Does he actually have a point?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That doesn't even make any sense. :pac:

I honestly haven’t a clue what he’s on about either. Where’s this going to end? He won’t go voluntarily I think that much is obvious now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

robinph wrote: »
    So now saying things he doesn't like on twitter is evidence of election fraud?!?

A poll showing him losing would surely have the effect of getting people out to vote for him and Biden supporters to think it wasn't worth the effort. How is reporting on a poll illegal? Does he actually have a point?

Just the usual rambling from the biggest man child to ever hold office. He's a toddler who didn't get to play with the toy he wanted so now he's stamping his feet and screaming at anyone who will listen about how the world isn't fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Sparko

Perhaps he's suggesting that the polls were so against him that his supporters didn't come out and vote. But he's also saying he's going to win the state anyway.

Who knows what he means, total logic void.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

I wake up these days I check his tweets, and it's a little unsettling!
    I'm probably sounding a bit melodramatic :) as presumably this cannot escalate into anything too serious. We know America is divided but I didn't think it would be divided on such nonsense from Trump. Would like to see that it's actually a minority that support him now and for this to get some attention, that most people want him to engage with Biden and start the transition.

It's hard to see him welcoming any of Biden's team to the White House. And is he just going to keep this up for the next two months?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I still reckon that Michael Cohens theory is the best one.

He reckons that Trump will leave the WH for Christmas and head to Mar-A-Lago and just never come back.

He won't go the inauguration or any of the other things that adults do , he'll stay down in Florida rage tweeting , and shortly after midday on the 20th he'll start racking up the offences and Twitter will ban him.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I still reckon that Michael Cohens theory is the best one.

He reckons that Trump will leave the WH for Christmas and head to Mar-A-Lago and just never come back.

He won't go the inauguration or any of the other things that adults do , he'll stay down in Florida rage tweeting , and shortly after midday on the 20th he'll start racking up the offences and Twitter will ban him.

Sounds about right....

Just a very weird-odd-strange man!!

Sparko wrote: »
    Perhaps he's suggesting that the polls were so against him that his supporters didn't come out and vote. But he's also saying he's going to win the state anyway.

Who knows what he means, total logic void.

And he had record numbers vote for him. And the networks doing that would be silly as presumably it would encourage people to vote to prove them wrong.

His campaign was very successful. If he could have held his hands up and congratulated Joe, he was walking away with a lot of kudos in his party. And say look well done Joe, don't hate the player haha. But this route now just seems on his way to ruin.

Politics is a dirty game, but this is going beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The poor man doesn't appear to know the meaning of the word "recant"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1326522116779487243

• Registered Users Posts: 36,183 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The feeling Trump has of being hard done by is only fueled by the fact a postal worker reports people were back dating ballots, and then you find out that the postal worker is interrogated into back tracking his allegation, instead of them investigated the alleged fraud.
    There is a history of hounding and harassing whistleblowers rather than praising them for speaking up when they see a wrong. We've see that in Ireland a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The feeling Trump has of being hard done by is only fueled by the fact a postal worker reports people were back dating ballots, and then you find out that the postal worker is interrogated into back tracking his allegation, instead of them investigated the alleged fraud.
    There is a history of hounding and harassing whistleblowers rather than praising them for speaking up when they see a wrong. We've see that in Ireland a lot.

or maybe he wasn't telling the truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I don't see how that would fuel anything given the deplorable way Trump treated those that were whistleblowers on his actions as president.

Those whistleblowers went under oath in front of cameras and stuck by their statements. This guy couldn't get through a single interview before recanting.

The poor man doesn't appear to know the meaning of the word "recant"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1326522116779487243

But the article says he was coerced into recanting? Or am I reading it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Does anyone else sense that somewhere, a decision has already been taken against Trump

I sense that you might need to take a little break from the internet for a few weeks. Get some (socially distant) fresh air, read some books, do some yoga.............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Have we?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I mean, didn't be bang on for weeks after the 2016 election about how all the polls had him down against Hilary and he managed to come out and win?

So those polls weren't corruption, but these ones are?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

vojiwox wrote: »
    But the article says he was coerced into recanting? Or am I reading it wrong?

He *claims* he was coerced , but provided no evidence of that.

He initially claimed that he never recanted it and the original WaPo article was a lie , now he says "Ok, I did recant , but I was coerced"

The "affidavit" also doesn't align with the Project Veritas video either.

In the Video he says he was never told to make changes and he didn't hear anyone be told to make changes but that he "thought" it might be something they might do.

That morphed into "I definitely heard them say it" , which he recanted when actually interviewed by Law-enforcement where I assume that they explained to him the penalties for making false Statements.

He may have construed them saying "You know , if you go forward with this and it turns out to be a lie , you'll be in big trouble and could go to jail" as coercion.

It's not of course , but you know , it's how he feels that matters , not the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I sense that you might need to take a little break from the internet for a few weeks. Get some (socially distant) fresh air, read some books, do some yoga.............

Can't stop now

Gotta reach 16,865 posts

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

He initially claimed that he never recanted it and the original WaPo article was a lie , now he says "Ok, I did recant , but I was coerced"

In the Video he says he was never told to make changes and he didn't hear anyone be told to make changes but that he "thought" it might be something they might do.

That morphed into "I definitely heard them say it" , which he recanted when actually interviewed by Law-enforcement where I assume that they explained to him the penalties for making false Statements.

He may have construed them saying "You know , if you go forward with this and it turns out to be a lie , you'll be in big trouble and could go to jail" as coercion.

It's not of course , but you know , it's how he feels that matters , not the facts.

His gofundme got deleted, so he now stands to make nothing from his lies which is nice to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

And trump and the republicans know all too well about hounding whistleblowers.. Alexander Vindman can you please stand up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Thats my reading of "I was coerced into doing it"

Strange how its easy to "coerce" someone into recanting a statement when you start to explain what perjury is!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I saw on twitter as well, that there were only about 2 or 3 ballots dated 3rd November in the facility that this guy was working in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

That's the traditional shelf life of Veritas affidavits. They last exactly as long as it takes for someone to explain the consequences of lying in one should the accusations have to go any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,894 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Arguments made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Arguments made by Project Veritas can just be dismissed regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭briany

That's the traditional shelf life of Veritas affidavits. They last exactly as long as it takes for someone to explain the consequences of lying in one should the accusations have to go any further.

Project Mendacium, more like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Unfortunately, using the power of the office he holds in becomes fact instantly to more than a few people. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Indulge me folks, for just a minute . . .

I'm wondering if Mike Pence is being groomed for a few weeks of Pressie Fun ?

He appears to be out of the picture at the moment.

There's no one presidential enough to groom him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I think they are removing him from the equation while a ton of illegal **** is done so Trump doesn't need to pardon him for anything when he steps down and Pence can just straight up pardon Trump without it being seen as a direct Tit for Tat

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement