Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Sparko

Indulge me folks, for just a minute . . .

I'm wondering if Mike Pence is being groomed for a few weeks of Pressie Fun ?

He appears to be out of the picture at the moment.

He was supposedly heading off on holiday to Florida but that's been cancelled now.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

And this case is not about "Fraud" it's an argument about a technicality.

Basically mail-in votes are supposed to have a "privacy envelope" with a signature and a few other items on the outside.

The case here is saying that 592 votes have missing/incorrect info on this envelope.

An admin error possibly and I'm sure there are a few of those that will be disputed , but absolutely categorically NOT fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

There's no one presidential enough to groom him.

That's true, I wonder though, has he been pulled aside in preparation for a quick switch to ensure some kind of normality until Jan. 20th

I guess he's the VP so no grooming required

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Indulge me folks, for just a minute . . .

I'm wondering if Mike Pence is being groomed for a few weeks of Pressie Fun ?

He appears to be out of the picture at the moment.

December 15th after the EC votes are confirmed, Trump has an overnight Twitter shoutrage, then goes golfing and resigns as the USA clearly doesn't deserve someone as great as him. President Pence become 46 and Biden has to get his baseball caps re-made.

I remember there was talk 4 years ago that Biden might take over for a day just to screw with Trumps merchandising efforts on the 45 branding, but Obama and Biden are not that petty. Trump on the other hand is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

robinph wrote: »
    December 15th after the EC votes are confirmed, Trump has an overnight Twitter shoutrage, then goes golfing and resigns as the USA clearly doesn't deserve someone as great as him. President Pence become 46 and Biden has to get his baseball caps re-made.

I remember there was talk 4 years ago that Biden might take over for a day just to screw with Trumps merchandising efforts on the 45 branding, but Obama and Biden are not that petty. Trump on the other hand is.

A very plausible scenario I think !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And this case is not about "Fraud" it's an argument about a technicality.

Basically mail-in votes are supposed to have a "privacy envelope" with a signature and a few other items on the outside.

The case here is saying that 592 votes have missing/incorrect info on this envelope.

An admin error possibly and I'm sure there are a few of those that will be disputed , but absolutely categorically NOT fraud.

I think this is where the trump campaign is actually at, it's real cases are on technicalities and not out and out fraud, thus they're never gonna get this election overturned on the margins that Biden is winning at.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think this is where the trump campaign is actually at, it's real cases are on technicalities and not out and out fraud, thus they're never gonna get this election overturned on the margins that Biden is winning at.

It's for optics more than anything, I reckon. Win a small case about a small number of ballots so Trump can claim HIGE WIN IN THE COURTS ABOUT VOTER FRAUD and call into question more of the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

omega man wrote: »
    I suspect its those Georgia senate elections in January that are motivating the GOP support of trump right now.

Pretty much, and it could have very negative implications for the GOP in January as this will be doing nothing but hurt loeffler and perdues reelection chances.

Of course, they're likely being threatened if they don't do this with trunp telling his cult to not vote for these two, which would screw them even worse.

Stacy Abrams must be licking her lips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

2011 wrote: »
    Exactly. I would bet that due to a complete lack of credible evidence none of them will make it as far as the Supreme Court. Even if they somehow did I would expect that the judges will be completely impartial including the ones that Trump thinks he can influence. It is game over for Trump (for this election anyway).

I wouldn't be so sure there, at least 1 of trump appointees to the supreme Court has already outright intentionally lied about the law and elections leading in the run up to it (no gold stars for guessing it was kavanaugh, because that was just too obvious).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Penn wrote: »
    It's for optics more than anything, I reckon. Win a small case about a small number of ballots so Trump can claim HIGE WIN IN THE COURTS ABOUT VOTER FRAUD and call into question more of the results.

Yeah a huge win on technicalities doesn't sound so great.. Sad sad man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

https://twitter.com/jonvoight/status/1326323889417322497?s=20

This auld coot trying to stay relevant. The last good thing he made was his daughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Exactly my thoughts. Those states were won on razor thin margins four years ago and the same is true in 2020. That’s why they’re called swing states, Trump. You weren’t complaining in 2016!

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1326494893246738437?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ElChe32 wrote: »
    This auld coot trying to stay relevant. The last good thing he made was his daughter.

Capture.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

I see Georgia gap out to 14k now.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

lemon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

namloc1980 wrote: »

Can we just rename the thread at this stage to reference that Simpsons Lemon Tree reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

As Muhammad Ali said "It's not over till you've punched the last punch you have"

I wonder how Muhammad Ali would have felt being associated with Voight's message. Not well I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The amount of crying and salty tears from the Trump side is something to behold. They spent 4 years laughing at other people about their crying and "f*** your feelings". Absolutely love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭prunudo

Turns out he may not have been acting in enemy of the state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

QAnon falls silent: Online posts from mysterious 'leader' Q who predicted a landslide for Trump grind to a halt in wake of Biden's win - leaving followers faith in conspiracy theory 'shaken'

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

image.png

That image needs an * next to trumps name because he lost the popular vote twice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Oi, you're forgetting Ray Donovan!

But yes, blathering about Satan and righteousness is displaying quite a lot of ignorance there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Oi, you're forgetting Ray Donovan!

But yes, blathering about Satan and righteousness is displaying quite a lot of ignorance there.

Ah his character annoyed the piss out of me in that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭briany

At what point do these lawyers not just break down crying in front of the judge and whinge that they're only there because Mr. Trump promised them loads of money?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

briany wrote: »
    At what point do these lawyers not just break down crying in front of the judge and whinge that they're only there because Mr. Trump promised them loads of money?

So they would claim in court that they expected Donald Trump would actually pay them for their services....is that a new type of insanity plea?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,604 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Full story:

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/lawyers-litigating-for-trump-suddenly-remember-their-licenses-are-on-the-line-if-they-lie-to-a-judge/

"In summary, the Trump campaign appeared in court and they neither identified nor alleged any systemic fraud. The case focuses on 592 ballots that have not been counted in a county where the president is behind by 130,000 votes, and in a state where the president is behind by 46,000 votes."

That image needs an * next to trumps name because he lost the popular vote twice

And he may yet be impeached twice and/or resign if he heads to Florida in December. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83,604 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Man Charged for Threatening Sen. Schumer Allegedly Parroted Trump’s Baseless ‘Stolen’ Election Rhetoric

The day after Joe Biden clinched the title President-elect, a Staten Island sex offender named Brian Maiorana readied for war on the internet—full of rage and believing lies that a shadowy cabal somehow changed the results of the election, FBI agents said.

“Soap Box, Ballot Box…that was fraudulently stolen from us,” Maiorana is quoted as posting on Sunday, the day when President Donald Trump amplified baseless claims of mass U.S. voter fraud. “Now Cartridge Box.”

The FBI agent who signed Maiorana’s charge sheet said: “I believe the reference ‘Cartridge Box’ refers to ammunition, or ‘cartridges.'”

Trump’s name is not mentioned in the complaint, but his conspiratorial theories are evident in Maiorana’s rhetoric.

Grim and hateful reading, the FBI affidavit in support of Maiorana’s arrest quoted the violent musings allegedly posted by the defendant on various social media accounts—dating back to a post in mid-October calling for “pipe bombs need to be thrown into these mobs of potentially non violent violent protesters.”

Prosecutors say the missives grew more bloody, unhinged and conspiratorial after Election Day, beginning with a Nov. 5 post stating, “The carnage needs to come in the form of extermination of anyone that claims to be democrat…as well as their family members.”

In an apparent reference to the Democrats’ Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Maiorana seethed: “As the Jew Senator from Jew York said nothing is off the table.”

While the criminal complaint does not mention Schumer by name, the reference to the Senate Minority Leader — and possible future Senate Majority Leader — is unmistakable. Schumer said: “Nothing is off the table,” in response to the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court back in September. Democrats failed to stop Barrett’s nomination, and Maiorana allegedly referenced a white supremacist novel while nursing racist fantasies and resentments.

“The Turner Diaries must come to life,” Maiorana wrote. “We blow up the FBI building for real. All the alphabet agencies assassination will become the new normal now…that the electoral process is finished.”

A white supremacist Bible, “The Turner Diaries” depicts the U.S. government’s overthrow, sparking a nuclear war, and race war leading to the extermination of non-whites. It inspired Oklahoma City terrorist Timothy McVeigh.

“The Department of Justice will not stand idly by when people like the defendant allegedly threaten to kill elected officials, lawful protesters and law enforcement simply because of animus towards the outcome of an election,” the Eastern District of New York’s Acting U.S. Attorney Seth DuCharme said in a statement. “Americans have a constitutional right to voice their opinions, but this office will not tolerate violence or threats of violence used to intimidate others with whom they disagree.”

The FBI says that it found a semiautomatic firearm and ammunition in his apartment. Maiorana, 54, faces up to five years in prison if convicted. He was detained on Tuesday evening following an initial appearance in Brooklyn Federal Court.

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/man-charged-for-threatening-sen-schumer-allegedly-parroted-trumps-baseless-stolen-election-rhetoric/?fbclid=IwAR31t7iyP1H7a_aGfFXyo1RV-4752sVG6Bf-OXXLMr1OkH88xBYvkP3wcU0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

But that this is the thing. The Trump campaign put out a call for lawyers willing to work for free. and even if they are not working for free there is no guarantee they will actually get paid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement