Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Trump is going to drag the arse out of the Georgia count.

Entire thing is to keep his base donating money to his new SuperPAC

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

drogon. wrote: »
    I am throwing it out there, but I see a military coup in the works

twitter.com/atrupar/status/1326635693825617920

Fox News whipping up division and fear?

There's a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Yet another ill tempered interview on Sky News. What I don't get is is that the anchor is not playing devils advocate, he's clearly batting for his own side, whoever his own side is, prolly the side of the producers or the Sky inc stock holders.

All rather embarrassing for him though, Spicer was well able for him and he did clear up a few things which does make sense to be fair.

In fairness, I think Spicers argument is very valid here and I do see his points.

But I think Trump shouldn't throw the term fraud willy-nilly as he is doing. Basically just say I and my campaign don't think votes are adding up as we expect and would like a recount and/or fight issue X via courts which we think is unfair.

Coming out with something like that, won't stoke all this nonsense with the press and also voters from both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    You don't help yourself. If it was not for level 5, I would be recommending a vacation. :pac:

I'm starting to think it might actually be a drunk monkey and the jokes on us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭lemonTrees

Fox News whipping up division and fear?

There's a surprise.

Or CNN. They both do the same thing. Divide and conquer

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    This nonsense. Trump's first Secretary of State was Rex Tillerson, CEO of ExxonMobil at the time of his appointment. Secretary of the Treasury is career Goldman Sachs banker Steve Mnuchin. Secretary of Commerce businessman Wilbur Ross. Secretary of Education Betsy Devos, billionaire who made massive contributions to the RNC over the years and so on.

Most tec companies work with the current administration in some form or forum, nothing new there.

Apple and IBM along with a few other tec.firms were part of trump's American Workforce Policy Advisory Board. After his first couple of fu*k ups most companies had left it, but IBM held on in to the bitter end despite staff complaints to the then CEO supporting trump through the company and in their opinion making their company policies a joke by doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1326635693825617920?s=21

Calm down, there won’t be anything of the sort

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

vojiwox wrote: »
    I'm starting to think it might actually be a drunk monkey and the jokes on us.

Could be infinite drunk monkeys on an infinite amount of typewriters.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s weirdly orchestrated what’s happening...

Look at Fox, google to your hearts content....there is not one case of them or one of their reporters criticizing or questioning Trump... they will report ON others criticizing him from time to time, with a negative spin on those doing the criticizing...

They’ve openly mocked, insulted and have had reporters done things like... mock Biden's speech when he stuttered during a speech (Tony Katz), instructing journalists / anchors NOT to call or refer to Biden as ‘president elect’.. at any stage.

They were accused of bias in the 2007 election race and multiple times of anti Democratic Party propaganda... easy to see why...

If it was going on in Vietnam you might not be surprised but the USA..

Trump is a fûcking headcase and the US is about as close to a basket case as there can be... fûcked up... interesting and very scary times...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭briany

salmocab wrote: »
    Could be infinite drunk monkeys on an infinite amount of typewriters.

Or this.

4m0sp4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Some people out there seem to think this all a big joke. Lets all laugh at Trump and his unhinged buddies with their dumb press conferences and odd tweets before Biden walks in in January.

This could become very sinister yet. Looking at clips of his supporters on youtube, the views on places like theDonald and also the views of current Republican senators out there stoking the fire and believing in some crazy conspiracy theories who should really know better this could get worse before it gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Aaaand we're back to normal. Is this not one of the reasons why Trump got elected?

https://twitter.com/NathanJRobinson/status/1326284822982123520

lyft and uber... something tells me Joe Biden is going to be the president that maxes taxi drivers very very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

They can say what they like, but really, if they don't send the electors there's going to be literal war.

Maybe that's what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Strumms wrote: »
    It’s weirdly orchestrated what’s happening...

Look at Fox, google to your hearts content....there is not one case of them or one of their reporters criticizing or questioning Trump... they will report ON others criticizing him from time to time, with a negative spin on those doing the criticizing...

In fairness, that's not true, plenty have cut away or asked for direct evidence in recent days. Wallace on Sunday is probably the harshest critic on that network.

I can't post videos because of my low post count but only yesterday Neil Cavuto cut away, here's the Wash post article headline.

"Fox News cuts away from Kayleigh McEnany news conference after she alleges vote fraud with no evidence

‘Whoa, whoa, whoa,’ anchor Neil Cavuto said, adding, ‘Unless she has more details to back that up, I can’t . . . continue showing you this’"

lyft and uber... something tells me Joe Biden is going to be the president that maxes taxi drivers very very poor.

In Ireland, no.
    Good to see people on here dropping their "the market takes care of demand" beliefs now that Biden is elected however.

BTW trump decided to weigh in and support those companies fight to keep drivers as contractors, and not full employees so they could not receive benefits like holiday and sick pay that employees do.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/21/technology-202-trump-campaign-sides-with-uber-lyft-battle-over-future-gig-workers/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

In trying to drum up support for the GOP Senators in the run off in Georgia, GOP chairwoman admits Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are POTUS and VPOTUS elect..

https://twitter.com/LEBassett/status/1326649903599267841?s=19

Slowly, but surely they're coming into reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Sparko

In trying to drum up support for the GOP Senators in the run off in Georgia, GOP chairwoman admits Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are POTUS and VPOTUS elect..

Unfortunately she deleted it when she realised. Not before it was screenshotted but still continuing to take the coward's route publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

AllForIt wrote: »
    Yet another ill tempered interview on Sky News. What I don't get is is that the anchor is not playing devils advocate, he's clearly batting for his own side, whoever his own side is, prolly the side of the producers or the Sky inc stock holders.

All rather embarrassing for him though, Spicer was well able for him and he did clear up a few things which does make sense to be fair.

I wonder, would you also be in favour of the canceling of public service broadcasting? There would be a lot of crossover with those that favour Trump and those that want to cancel culture the sh!t out if BBC etc.. and then complain even a private company first whatever it wants...

No public service charter, no obligation (except to not be erroneous), no independent charter to eliminate bias.

Kind of the similar to those of those people that play at journalism on YouTube (i.e. every YouTube channel).. in it for the $$ (except even less standard there).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

DubInMeath wrote: »
    BTW trump decided to weigh in and support those companies fight to keep drivers as contractors, and not full employees so they could not receive benefits like holiday and sick pay that employees do.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/21/technology-202-trump-campaign-sides-with-uber-lyft-battle-over-future-gig-workers/

No way? Trump? Man of the people like..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

^^^^^^^^
    Odd that Trump hasn't mentioned the illegal GOP drop boxes.

Oh those were fine as they were placed by upstanding citizens who were only trying to see if there was any election tampering or other shenanigans going on....true patriots, really! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Now that things are sinking in, they are probably starting to realize that as Trump puts a gun to the temple of democracy, he is doing it under a Republican flag and banner. That won’t be forgotten. Can’t be forgotten or forgiven. Republicans who voted Trump, DIDN'T vote for a subversion of democracy, they voted for a candidate in a democratic election... one who doesn’t like the outcome of said democratic election and as a result is trying to change it... not question it, CHANGE it.

He’s a headcase.

The republicans have royally fûcked themselves in the ass with this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

I'm embarrassed that people in Ireland endorse Donald "eviction landlord" Trump. Charles Trevelyan earned his reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If republican governors do decide to ignore the election results and appoint electors to vote for Trump instead of Biden, to the point he wins, I think the guns will come out and there will be violence. It would be the end of the US as we know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheRealPONeil

I for one wish to congratulate our American cousins on their recent demonstration of democratic process and welcome our new Jacksonian overlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

I don't recall a Biden tribunal yet so we're off to a good start.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

DubInMeath wrote: »
    In Ireland, no.
    Good to see people on here dropping their "the market takes care of demand" beliefs now that Biden is elected however.

He's not the only one. There's a reason why the proposition to exempt app drivers passed by such a margin. I was still in CA when this kicked off a couple years ago. The law may have been well-intentioned, but really wasn't well thought through, to the point that they had to pass a "Whoops, we didn't think of that" law. If I may copy/paste my post on the matter from the politics thread:

Any uber driver I spoke with hated it, but I seemed to only find uber drivers who were working as side gigs, not full-time uber drivers who I would presume would have been in favour of the law. I believe the former greatly outnumber the latter. It wasn't the uber drivers that the money was targeting, it was voters who just saw "worker protections" in the title of the law they were trying to overturn. The State AG got to choose the title of the proposition, he picked "Exempts App-Based Transportation and Delivery Companies from Providing Employee Benefits to Certain Drivers"

The story of AB5 actually had nothing to do with the gig economy at all to begin with. I seem to recall it started out with a trucker's union around Port of Oakland who were pissed off with independent owner-operators coming in and taking loads, and it was something of a follow-on from a California Supreme Court Case involving a delivery service named "Dynamex" in 2018 which required classifying previously independent contractors as employees if they met certain criteria. In any case, AB-5 of 2019 expanded on that, requiring job benefits (healthcare, sick days etc) for those now-employees. Which also meant, though, that as employees, the companies would have much greater control over them, such as mandating working hours. One of the big appeals for working for Uber is you can clock in and clock out whenever you feel like it, so it's a great little pocket-money earner for folks who drive into town an hour or two before their regular work, for example, or just want to pull a couple of hours in the evening when everyone's going out for dinner. However, if Uber (and Lyft, Doordash etc) is going to have to pay to give you all the 'employee benefits', they're going to want their pound of flesh for it, and make you work more, and on the hours they determine. Obviously a lot of current Uber drivers would rather say 'sod that', and leave. Uber decided it was better to have lots of independents than try to manage full-timers, so they opposed it (As well, obviously for the financial reasons of not having to pay the benefits).

The first legal challenge came from the California Association of Truckers, on behalf of the independent owner-operators. It's been working its way through the system, in the meantime some truckers have lost work even with an injunction from the district courts protecting them as some large trucking companies (with employees) have already restructured operations to avoid hiring these independents. Argued at the Ninth Circuit two months ago, no opinion rendered yet to my knowledge.

Then it was realised that all sorts of people were being affected by the law, not just truckers and uber drivers. The legislature then passed AB2257 specifically exempted a series of contractors, to include photographers, content contributors, photo editors, musicians, barbers, translators, performing arts instructors (as long as they don't teach more than once a week), realtors, home inspectors, and a few others. A bunch of other gig economy workers were not exempted, including uber/lyft.

Enter Prop 22 on the ballot this month, an 8-page-long document of incomprehensible legalese. The way it's worded, it refers solely to app-based driving and delivery, which kindof sucks for a bunch of others, to include, most likely, the truckers. On the other hand, most everyone in California is familiar with and uses Uber and Lyft and can relate to it far better than someone who writes computer apps on the side. The list of opponents to the proposition includes Biden, Harris, Sanders, Warren, California Democrat Party, and a bunch of labour unions. They still lost as 58% voted to exempt the ride-share and doordash-type folks.

The saga continues for the truck drivers, performing arts instructors who do more than one master class a week, programmers, etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Zico wrote: »
    I'm embarrassed that people in Ireland endorse Donald "eviction landlord" Trump. Charles Trevelyan earned his reputation.
    If you are surprised then you don't know Ireland very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭lemonTrees

The funniest thing is people thinking this will end up in some kind of violence or civil war.

Seriously, have a word with yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,581 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

lemonTrees wrote:
    The funniest thing is people thinking this will end up in some kind of violence or civil war.

It certainly could have if himself got another 4 years, he sure knows how to unite people!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement