Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,640 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Doesn't add up that Biden who spent the last few months holding rallies for 20 people inspired the greatest turn out in the history of the Presidential Election.

You are right it wasn't Biden, it was Trump who caused it. He is so detested by so many they went and voted to get rid of him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Doesn't add up that Biden who spent the last few months holding rallies for 20 people inspired the greatest turn out in the history of the Presidential Election.

I suspect Trump was responsible for the massive turnout.

It would appear the majority to make sure he would no longer be president.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Millions of ballots flooded the country, and millions of them came back from people who have NEVER in their life voted before. That's a fact.
    They are counting the votes received for sure, but it's not realistic to claim they came from people who would have voted if this was a normal election, without Covid.

If you make a process easier and harder to govern then that process will be abused.

You think the rallies are what wins election?
    Even in normal times without a Trump in the race..?

Is it so inconceivable that maybe Trump is that terrible that he managed to get so many to turn out against him, despite all the dirty tricks and underhand misinformation campaigns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

trashcan wrote: »
    Jesus, that looks like a clean sweep for Trump to me.

You can have multiple personality disorders as well.. that list is not exclusive or conclusive..

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Millions of ballots flooded the country, and millions of them came back from people who have NEVER in their life voted before. That's a fact.
    They are counting the votes received for sure, but it's not realistic to claim they came from people who would have voted if this was a normal election, without Covid.

If you make a process easier and harder to govern then that process will be abused.

Makes plenty of sense,

It’s called voting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

km991148 wrote: »
    You can have multiple personality disorders as well.. that list is not exclusive or conclusive..

They are notoriously easy to diagnose, even for the layman at a distance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,640 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I can feel it in my bones, they are all going to call it at midnight. That gives Joe an hour to turn his speech into an acceptance speech.
    I hope he reiterates his point about standing for all Americans and uniting their great country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Biden expanded his lead in NV. Now +1.8%

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Biden lead extended to 17k in PA now.

Apparently the Press Association will call it when he reaches a 34k margin (outside 0.5% recount territory)

Just needs Pittsburgh or Philadelphia to hurry up with their next counts and ideally in the next hour before Biden does his speech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Overheal wrote: »
    Biden expanded his lead in NV. Now +1.8%

It's over there too.

Should be called, all that's left is dem territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Lads, will I go to bed and wake up with no change or should I stay up for another hour or so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,210 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

robinph wrote: »
    Shock news just in.

Make it easier for people to vote by mail rather than queuing up for 10 hours during a pandemic and more people vote.

Yes, but lets say 6 ballots go to a household, but history shows only the wife votes in person during an election, but suddenly all ballots are filled out and returned by wife.

And by law you have to call them 6 votes for Biden, when in fact no one else cared to vote, or would have done normally. How do you regulate that, what happened in that household?

Lets say wife filled out all 6, and does a drive by drop off out her car window into a box a guy is holding on side of street.

That compared to voting in person, having to prove who you are, ID ect.

My brother is 40 and never voted in an Irish election until last year, was his vote fake or fraud?

As for Biden holding rallies for 20 people, fairly sure that their might have been more there. But having smaller rallies in the middle of a pandemic seems more competent than holding large rallies where your supporters have to sign a waiver that they won't sue you, your organization or your party if you get covid from attending doesn't it?

People on both sides were motivated to vote given the numbers, it just appears that trump and his fans have an issue with the fact that it looks like he's lost and no amount of his BS is going to change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,541 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Are candidates given a medical prior to running ? Like a state medical, I can not find confirmation, but if not thee should be... a physical and a psychological assessment...

Incidentally on looking for this info I found a quote by Trump...

“It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes. Never happened to THIS candidate - FAKE NEWS. Perhaps they are referring to another candidate from another Party!”

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1300811758051954695

Nutsville, he’s not fit to be a president of Dunkin’ Donuts..

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

py2006 wrote: »
    Lads, will I go to bed and wake up with no change or should I stay up for another hour or so?

Biden is due to address the nation at 1am. I'm hanging on for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,202 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Faugheen wrote: »
    Makes plenty of sense,

It’s called voting.
    There have been lots of grass root movements to encourage people to vote.
    I linked to the below earlier.
    https://twitter.com/TheWomensOrg/status/1324653254450569218?s=19

Stacey Abrams and a voting rights group fair fight got 800k people registered to vote in Georgia alone an amazing achievement.
    There are rumours she turned down the VP role!
    She is immensely capable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

py2006 wrote: »

Wait for the Biden speech at 1am our time ( unless it's been moved forward or back )

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Only 6% of vote left to count in Arizona. Trump does not appear to be getting the margins he needs to overturn Biden's lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Wait for the Biden speech at 1am our time ( unless it's been moved forward or back )

*Goes to fridge for a beer n snack*

• Advertisement

Yes, but lets say 6 ballots go to a household, but history shows only the wife votes in person during an election, but suddenly all ballots are filled out and returned by wife.

And by law you have to call them 6 votes for Biden, when in fact no one else cared to vote, or would have done normally. How do you regulate that, what happened in that household?

Lets say wife filled out all 6, and does a drive by drop off out her car window into a box a guy is holding on side of street.

ok youve said all that. noted.

biden won the election. easily.

nobody has come up with anything like a case for that not to stand.

that's all there is to it, "suppose" or otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,210 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

DubInMeath wrote: »
    My brother is 40 and never voted in an Irish election until last year, was his vote fake or fraud?

As for Biden holding rallies for 20 people, fairly sure that their might have been more there. But having smaller rallies in the middle of a pandemic seems more competent than holding large rallies where your supporters have to sign a waiver that they won't sue you, your organization or your party if you get covid from attending doesn't it?

People on both sides were motivated to vote given the numbers, it just appears that trump and his fans have an issue with the fact that it looks like he's lost and no amount of his BS is going to change that.

But he voted in person? That's the point I'm making, no one knows what does on behind closed doors in a household.

So what? Maybe if Trump want too busy creating this fraud narrative, or was able to get over his mishandling if COVID or assuage his massive ego and need for the rallies, then he too could have encouraged people to vote by post.

But for the reasons above, he couldn't do that.

Besides, I think under a normal election, that is a good point. I think such is the strength of feeling on both sides, it's much more of a moot point.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That's where they can check the signatures on the vote envelopes and compare them to the records.

I don't think there will be a call tonight.

PA still has 100k mail in ballots to process AND 100k provisional ballots (ie. votes made on Tuesday provisionally, which should in theory be skewed toward Trump).

https://www.spotlightpa.org/news/2020/11/provisional-ballot-pennsylvania-counting-election-2020/

Pennsylvania ain't calling **** tonight. There are enough ballots in the air to swing the state either direction.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

gmisk wrote: »
    There have been lots of grass root movements to encourage people to vote.
    I linked to the below earlier.
    https://twitter.com/TheWomensOrg/status/1324653254450569218?s=19

Stacey Abrams and a voting rights group fair fight got 800k people registered to vote in Georgia alone an amazing achievement.
    There are rumours she turned down the VP role!
    She is immensely capable.

Exactly. She was the difference between Biden winning Georgia and losing it. Without a shadow of a doubt. First thing that came out from the Biden campaign when he took the lead there was crediting her for that.

People writing off the Democrats for the Senate run-offs there shouldn’t be so quick to do so. She’s a ferocious campaigner and will put as much effort into these races as she did here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Updated version ha.

Overheal wrote: »
    I don't think there will be a call tonight.

PA still has 100k mail in ballots to process AND 100k provisional ballots (ie. votes made on Tuesday provisionally, which should in theory be skewed toward Trump).

https://www.spotlightpa.org/news/2020/11/provisional-ballot-pennsylvania-counting-election-2020/

Pennsylvania ain't calling **** tonight. There are enough ballots in the air to swing the state either direction.

"Biden had planned to address the nation tonight, but there are indications he may well not do so until the race is called. Things are fluid here in Wilmington!" - NYT

yep....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

The signature is cross checked with a sig on file and if there is any discrepancies then the ballot owner has to attend a polling station and “cure” the ballot. So the wife sending off all 6 would still need the signatures of the people in the house. If they sign them, they’ve made those votes legal and there is no issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭salad17

I mean, are you really oblivious to the worlds reaction to one of the most horrifically narcissistic presidents who has undermined democracy, is racists sexist etc... Even if you think all that isn't true you must be aware of the amount of fear/repulsion that would drive non-voters to vote against trump, whether Biden led a great campaign or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement