Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

lemonTrees wrote: »
    The funniest thing is people thinking this will end up in some kind of violence or civil war.

Seriously, have a word with yourself.

Remind us what happened in Michigan and Alabama, just so we can see you have been paying attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Strumms wrote: »
    Now that things are sinking in, they are probably starting to realize that as Trump puts a gun to the temple of democracy, he is doing it under a Republican flag and banner. That won’t be forgotten. Can’t be forgotten or forgiven. Republicans who voted Trump, DIDN'T vote for a subversion of democracy, they voted for a candidate in a democratic election... one who doesn’t like the outcome of said democratic election and as a result is trying to change it... not question it, CHANGE it.

He’s a headcase.

The republicans have royally fûcked themselves in the ass with this guy.

Trump stated before the election that the election was rigged and he would not respect or accept the result if he lost. He also refused to commit to a peaceful transition.

At some point voters need to he held accountable for their votes. This was all a very real possibility, nay a probability, yet they ignored it.

The funniest thing is people thinking this will end up in some kind of violence or civil war.

You think that armed militias, whose whole raison d'etre is to stand up to corrupt government, will stand by when they believe that the very core of their country, democracy itself, has been stolen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

VinLieger wrote: »
    I think they are removing him from the equation while a ton of illegal **** is done so Trump doesn't need to pardon him for anything when he steps down and Pence can just straight up pardon Trump without it being seen as a direct Tit for Tat

it is more likely, Pence is hiding out so none of Trumps current round of sh1t sticks to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Strumms wrote: »
    Trump has been effectively fûcked headfirst under a bus by Boris Johnson today...

Speaking at Prime Minister's Questions, Mr Johnson told the House of Commons: "One of the many merits of the excellent conversation I had yesterday with president-elect Joe Biden was that we were strongly agreed on the need for ONCE AGAIN the UK and the US to stand together to stick up for our values around the world.

"To stick up for human rights and stick up for global free trade, to stick up for NATO, and to work together in the fight against climate change.

"It was refreshing, if I may say, to have that conversation and I look forward to many more."

The ‘once again’ phrase is very enlightening.... smart and impressive from Boris really as you might expect but he could have put that view over in more diplomatic language... sounds like a guy relieved to have a ‘reasonable’ and level headed man now to work with.

I don't think they are that impressed with the "shape shifting creep".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭storker

Leroy42 wrote: »
    At some point voters need to he held accountable for their votes. This was all a very real possibility, nay a probability, yet they ignored it.

They probably even liked the sound of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    It certainly could have if himself got another 4 years, he sure knows how to unite people!

This is it, the only violent outbursts were going to come from the left (not that biden is left but they werent backing trump) every business in DC boarded up incase trump won, they know how those people take news badly...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

drogon. wrote: »
    I am throwing it out there, but I see a military coup in the works

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1326635693825617920?s=21
    Well that's odd, I remember trunp supporters throughout October telling us Republican voters would respect whatever the result was. How entirely unexpected, it's almost as if they were signalling virtues based on nothing but lies they were telling themselves.

storker wrote: »
    They probably even liked the sound of it.

That is my point. Since 216 we have been told that all Trump voters don't agree with him on many issues, but in 2020 everyone was well aware of what voting for Trump really meant.

So if Trump brings them further down this path, then the blame lies firmly at the feet of the 72m odd that voted for him. Those that excused him at every turn.

You cannot separate Trump actions from ones support of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Nah, the funniest thing is definitely the tantrums being thrown by the people who spent four years calling the other crowd snowflakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Trump stated before the election that the election was rigged and he would not respect or accept the result if he lost. He also refused to commit to a peaceful transition.

How would you recommend people be held accountable for how they vote ?
    Put on a blacklist or maybe a hefty fine ?

Well that's odd, I remember trunp supporters throughout October telling us Republican voters would respect whatever the result was. How entirely unexpected, it's almost as if they were signalling virtues based on nothing but lies they were telling themselves.

I remember that picture of the woman screaming after the Trump election is regularly trotted out to show how the left are a bunch of snowflakes that never accepted the 2016 result.

I know nothing about the woman, but I certainly know that she is irrelevant to the country as a whole while know we have the POTUS doing exactly the same thing, but of course, he is a vastly different and more dangerous position.

But the look is the same. Funny how those very posters that regularly posted that pic are not now calling out Trump for the same thing.

You think that armed militias, whose whole raison d'etre is to stand up to corrupt government, will stand by when they believe that the very core of their country, democracy itself, has been stolen?

Except those very militias are on his side.

They are all for fighting the corrupt government, as long as it's the other side's corruption

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Christy42

In trying to drum up support for the GOP Senators in the run off in Georgia, GOP chairwoman admits Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are POTUS and VPOTUS elect..

https://twitter.com/LEBassett/status/1326649903599267841?s=19

Slowly, but surely they're coming into reality.

I was taking Lindsay Graham's new found interest in managing the deficit an admission he was expecting a Democrat in the white House.

Not a hope any of them would mention the deficit if Trump was remaining in power.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    How would you recommend people be held accountable for how they vote ?
    Put on a blacklist or maybe a hefty fine ?

Of course not, but this continual attempt to remove them from any responsibility with statements like 'Trump voters aren't racist' or 'Trump voters won't stand for an attack on democracy' is nonsense.

They have a vote, they made their choice. They cannot then cry that they are not happy with what Trump does when he makes it plainly obvious, in fact, plain-talking is what seemingly makes him so appealing.

Nothing that has happened since the election is a surprise to anyone that was looking. He said he wouldn't accept the election. He said he had teams of lawyers ready for a fight to contest the results. He said he considered mail-in voting a fraud.

This is the actions they voted for. That their vote gave Trump the cover of legitimacy. Had only 20m voted for him this would not even be a conversation. But 70m+ gives him the ability to argue. That is on each and every one of those voters.

They knew this was the likely course of action, but they decided that it was a price worth paying. So if democracy is wrecked, they only have themselves to blame.

This is it, the only violent outbursts were going to come from the left (not that biden is left but they werent backing trump) every business in DC boarded up incase trump won, they know how those people take news badly...

Provide some examples of this election related violence from the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

cnocbui wrote: »
    Provide some examples of this election related violence from the left.

Literally any anti trump / BLM / antifa protest since november 2016, come on its blindingly obvious

Of course not, but this continual attempt to remove them from any responsibility with statements like 'Trump voters aren't racist' or 'Trump voters won't stand for an attack on democracy' is nonsense.

They have a vote, they made their choice. They cannot then cry that they are not happy with what Trump does when he makes it plainly obvious, in fact, plain-talking is what seemingly makes him so appealing.

Nothing that has happened since the election is a surprise to anyone that was looking. He said he wouldn't accept the election. He said he had teams of lawyers ready for a fight to contest the results. He said he considered mail-in voting a fraud.

This is the actions they voted for. That their vote gave Trump the cover of legitimacy. Had only 20m voted for him this would not even be a conversation. But 70m+ gives him the ability to argue. That is on each and every one of those voters.

They knew this was the likely course of action, but they decided that it was a price worth paying. So if democracy is wrecked, they only have themselves to blame.

Please don't throw out something as stupid as all Trump voters are racist, I'm not even going to argue this nonsense.
    People vote for their preferred candidate on different points and policies, you can't posit that everyone who voted for him thinks the election was stolen. One thing is for sure though at least some of his supporters do think there has been corruption in the election process in some shape or form. I myself don't think enough to change the result but the fact is some Americans do think there are problems with the elections. The only way to re-establish the legitimacy and faith in democracy is to investigate claims and prove them wrong not to just tell them to shut up.
    Asking questions of the election will not wreck democracy, ignoring the concerns of a large swathe of your population and leaving them dissatisfied and untrusting of the process will.

Literally any anti trump / BLM / antifa protest since november 2016, come on its blindingly obvious

It's blindingly obvious the democrats are more violent than republicans? Is this some form of new sarcasm that I've never heard of?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Asking questions of the election will not wreck democracy, ignoring the concerns of a large swathe of your population and leaving them dissatisfied and untrusting of the process will.

They don't trust the process because their guy lost. We're a week out now and there is no evidence of any corruption.

So they can believe what they want in their weird little post truth conspiraloon bubble but when they're asked for evidence....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Please don't throw out something as stupid as all Trump voters are racist, I'm not even going to argue this nonsense.
    People vote for their preferred candidate on different points and policies, you can't posit that everyone who voted for him thinks the election was stolen. One thing is for sure though at least some of his supporters do think there has been corruption in the election process in some shape or form. I myself don't think enough to change the result but the fact is some Americans do think there are problems with the elections. The only way to re-establish the legitimacy and faith in democracy is to investigate claims and prove them wrong not to just tell them to shut up.

The problem is that Trump has created a narrative that the election was rigged and stolen and some people will not be dissuaded from this viewpoint because they believe everything the President says. If the claims are investigated and proven to be false, it will be merely viewed as a cover up and part of a wider conspiracy. There will be no changing their minds. Look at holocaust deniers or 9/11 truth seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

It's blindingly obvious the democrats are more violent than republicans? Is this some form of new sarcasm that I've never heard of?

Was it republicans that burnt city's to the ground?

In the last week, sheriffs and Police officers have been suspended or fired for threatening the public. A man threatening a senator has been arrested, he was heavily invested in the voter fraud conspiracy. I would say you're being incredibly optimistic about Trump supporters if you don't think they're gonna do anything violent the more he pushes this conspiracy.

Jin luk wrote: »

No, nor Democrats.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-05/is-trump-right-are-democrats-destroying-cities-states

Eric and Co conveniently ignoring that right wing terrorism is viewed as greatest threat in the US by the FBI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Jin luk wrote: »

What cities were burnt to the ground?

I said the election. None of those are directly election related..

The problem is that Trump has created a narrative that the election was rigged and stolen and some people will not be dissuaded from this viewpoint because they believe everything the President says. If the claims are investigated and proven to be false, it will be merely viewed as a cover up and part of a wider conspiracy. There will be no changing their minds. Look at holocaust deniers or 9/11 truth seekers.

Why not investigate the claims? Why not make the results of said investigation as transparent as possible ?
    This will re-assure 99% of Trump voters I'm sure of it. You will always have the fringe conspiracy community, every major event has them, its unavoidable. Its very important that people feel they can trust the voting process otherwise your heading down a very dark road, calls for the country to unify are hollow unless you assuage the concerns of the other side, telling them to shut up without investigating will only make them more convinced of fraud and cover up.

Except those very militias are on his side.

They are all for fighting the corrupt government, as long as it's the other side's corruption

There has been a marked change in the trend of firearm sales in 2020:
    Gun retailers and industry analysts say its normal for Americans to stock up on firearms and ammo during an election year. In many cases, the analysts say, the surge is motivated by fears that a Democratic president might expand restrictions on gun ownership.
    But this year's sales spike is different because it's being driven by a rise in first-time gun buyers, especially among African Americans and women.

About 40% of gun sales in the first four months of the year were made by first-time buyers — far higher than the annual average of 24% over the past two decades, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, a trade association that tracks gun sales and analyzes industry trends.
    Gun sales among Black Americans are up 58% through September, according to the NSSF. Mark Oliva, the foundation's director of public affairs, said the rise in Black gun ownership is unprecedented.
    "We've never seen a year-over-year increase that large in African-American gun buyers," Oliva told CNN Business. "It is the largest demographic increase we've seen. People that are buying guns today look a whole lot less like me and a whole lot more like the rest of America," added Oliva, who is White.
    Jefferson said fears of violence by White supremacists and police have also been a major concern for his members, especially following the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery in April, as well as the police killings of Breonna Taylor, George Floyd and Rayshard Brooks.
    "It just seems we've had a lot more high-profile incidents where White supremacists have caused harm to Black people," Jefferson said. "There's a greater awareness of it and concern for it and people wanting to protect themselves and their families against it."
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/24/business/gun-sales-surge-black-americans-women/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Why not investigate the claims? Why not make the results of said investigation as transparent as possible ?
    This will re-assure 99% of Trump voters I'm sure of it. You will always have the fringe conspiracy community, every major event has them, its unavoidable. Its very important that people feel they can trust the voting process otherwise your heading down a very dark road, calls for the country to unify are hollow unless you assuage the concerns of the other side, telling them to shut up without investigating will only make them more convinced of fraud and cover up.

Why waste time investigating completely baseless claims from a man with a history of being a sore loser?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement