Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Some of which are tweets denouncing Fox News and saying 'Newsmax' is the place to go to for news now.

Quotes of people with around 100 followers. The bottom of the barrel is long out of sight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Cordell wrote: »
    The thing is, the american left is not interested in better access to education for everyone

Nope.

I guess the American Left is Bernie? :confused:

https://berniesanders.com/issues/reinvest-in-public-education/

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He is gone absolutely mental with the retweets this afternoon!

And almost all of them are people dumping on Fox and/or bigging up NewsMax and OANN.

He is so utterly transparent - This is part of the journey to his own Network.

Sh!t all over Fox and split the "Conservative" audience making it easier for him to pick off the smaller guys when he launches his own channel.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭hometruths

Boggles wrote: »
    Ah Ah.

You are at it again.

You are excusing racism by claiming it was motivated by something else.

Tut, Tut!

utter nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,747 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And almost all of them are people dumping on Fox and/or bigging up NewsMax and OANN.

Sh!t all over Fox and split the "Conservative" audience making it easier for him to pick off the smaller guys when he launches his own channel.

He'll never get funding for his own network now surely?

If he were to launch it, surely it would be an advertisement wasteland in terms of the big hitters. Would top brands attach themselves to something would likely be the definition of fake news and conspiracy theories?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

schmittel wrote: »
    utter nonsense.

Listen I understand.

You are a fan of the artificially tanned one.

If he starts a channel, you can subscribe.

24/7 Donny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Purely politically motivated, rather than racially, I would think. That he did it to curry favour and build support within the Republican party would make more sense to me than to he did it to promote his white supremacist credentials.

It seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you're saying isn't actually racist he just does and says racist things because they benefit him.

Is that a fair comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭threeball

Will he not piggyback on this OANN thing. Its already got a bit of momentum and they hang on his every word. I'm sure he could get a substantial share for pittance as he usually manages to somehow fall on his feet no matter how big a disaster his last venture was.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He'll never get funding for his own network now surely?

If he were to launch it, surely it would be an advertisement wasteland in terms of the big hitters. Would top brands attach themselves to something would likely be the definition of fake news and conspiracy theories?
    threeball wrote: »
    Will he not piggyback on this OANN thing. Its already got a bit of momentum and they hang on his every word. I'm sure he could get a substantial share for pittance as he usually manages to somehow fall on his feet no matter how big a disaster his last venture was.

OANN is probably the vehicle to get him rolling.

In terms of revenue , MyPillow and a few others will be there in a heartbeat but yeah hard to see any mainstream brands looking to advertise there.

But the revenue will come from online more than the traditional TV pathway - All about those clicks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Purely politically motivated, rather than racially, I would think. That he did it to curry favour and build support within the Republican party would make more sense to me than to he did it to promote his white supremacist credentials.

Why do you think that attacking his credentials as an American citizen would go down well with the republican base and party?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Trump couldn't be a card carrying KKK member as far as I know since he hangs out with Jews, his daughter and son in law.

Now we know his daddy was linked to KKK.

The whole Trump phenomena is a collection of once unbelievable and often incompatible beliefs and mindsets at play.

He has managed to gain support from groups that would actually have detested his very existence and in no way supported him in the not so distant past.

For instance how has he managed to gain and keep the support of the religious right, the evangelicals, in the US?
    This is a guy that has numerous marriages, numerous illicit public affairs, was recorded making hugely disparaging sexist remarks about women, hung out with dodgy types and yet they ignore his whole relationship history.

FFS some of the religious right looked down on Reagan because he was divorced even though it happened decades before he ran for president.
    The likes of Gary Hart had his Democrat presidential nomination ruined just because of rumours of affairs.

Yet they seem to love Trump?

There is also belief now that it is right wing catholics that are supporting him more than right wing evangelicals, but that doesn't explain the voters in middle America.

Then you have the love in from definite white supremacists, the KKK types.
    These types seem to totally ignore his Jewish relations.

I find the whole thing as baffling as how come there are certain groups who support right wing ideologically incompatible belief systems.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭briany

I notice a common thread among news outlets which Trump dislikes. They dare question or criticise him. He's not criticising them because he thinks their standard of journalism is bad, or actually, maybe he does, because in his mind it's all the same.

I know there are some news anchors who openly do not like Donald Trump, and it's an open goal for him to say, "Well, they hate me, so of course they're biased.", but there's little difference to him between that and someone who just wants to call some BS. In either instance, he plays the victim. Maybe he wouldn't be asked such 'tough' questions in one-on-ones if he didn't do or say so much questionable stuff?

Trump's thinking isn't really any different from facebook bios which say "Screw da haterz." The 'haterz' may be such because the person's a d!ckhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Boggles wrote: »
    Listen I understand.

You are a fan of the artificially tanned one.

If he starts a channel, you can subscribe.

24/7 Donny!

Actually it could be a bit like Howard Stern.
    More people who disliked tuned in just to see how low he would go, as opposed to those who liked him and wanted to actual listen to him.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

The founder of Newsmax was on CNN the other day saying he hopes to soon be a business partner of Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

jmayo wrote: »
    Trump couldn't be a card carrying KKK member as far as I know since he hangs out with Jews, his daughter and son in law.

Now we know his daddy was linked to KKK.

The whole Trump phenomena is a collection of once unbelievable and often incompatible beliefs and mindsets at play.

He has managed to gain support from groups that would actually have detested his very existence and in no way supported him in the not so distant past.

For instance how has he managed to gain and keep the support of the religious right, the evangelicals, in the US?
    This is a guy that has numerous marriages, numerous illicit public affairs, was recorded making hugely disparaging sexist remarks about women, hung out with dodgy types and yet they ignore his whole relationship history.

FFS some of the religious right looked down on Reagan because he was divorced even though it happened decades before he ran for president.
    The likes of Gary Hart had his Democrat presidential nomination ruined just because of rumours of affairs.

Yet they seem to love Trump?

There is also belief now that it is right wing catholics that are supporting him more than right wing evangelicals, but that doesn't explain the voters in middle America.

Then you have the love in from definite white supremacists, the KKK types.
    These types seem to totally ignore his Jewish relations.

I find the whole thing as baffling as how come there are certain groups who support right-wing ideologically incompatible belief systems.

Because Trump is a much more skilled operator than most give him credit for. A bit like Boris, he gets to come across as somewhat bumbling, shooting from the hip but not really understanding what he is saying.

This allows him to laugh off anything that goes a bit far, even though it was very much what he wanted to say.

So he gets to be something to everyone, but never actually takes a position that alienates anyone that he looks to support him. So be never says anything openly racist, but never actually denounces it and so straddles both camps.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭hometruths

Smee_Again wrote: »
    It seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you're saying isn't actually racist he just does and says racist things because they benefit him.

Is that a fair comment?

Not really, I will try and explain.

Is he querying Obama's birth cert because you have to be born in US to be president (i.e a political point) or is he querying his birth cert saying he was born in Kenya and thus an inferior human being (a racist point)?

I don't know, but I suspect it is political. And he did that to benefit himself.

On the other hand telling people to go back to where they came from is undeniably racist in any context, but he did not say that to benefit himself, he said because it he does not take criticism well and he lashed out.

My problem with the white supremacy stuff is that it is given much more prominence than the evidence deserves, and there is an argument he actively supports white supremacists and refuses to condemn them which is simply not true.

And this in turn contributes to an inability to have a sensible discussion about whether or not he is actually racist, because it over shadows stuff like the remarks about going back to where you came from. i.e people prefer to talk about the fine people at Charlottesville stuff, which is nonsense.

This discussion started re the Central Park 5. A similiar case in point.

Don I think he's racist? Maybe, I'm not really very sure. All I am saying is a lot of the evidence I hear touted as his racism, I don't find as convincing as others seem to.

I definitely suspect he is not as racist as a lot of outwardly respectable US politicians who are more careful with what they say.

I also suspect the best judges of racism are ethnic minorities themselves, and if they believed he was genuinely racist and a supporter of white supremacists, they would not have voted from him in larger numbers than 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He's losing it. Trump News Network anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

" I'm Irish " my hole you are.
    Can we please stop this fcuking embarrassing shiit for fcuk sake.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/07/world/europe/ireland-biden-ballina.html

Irish Home of Biden’s Great-Great-Great Grandfather Cheers His Victory

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭Cordell

Tony EH wrote: »
    There's no such thing.

Well, yes and no. I said the "american left", which just like the "american liberals" and "american progressives" have nothing in common with the left, or liberalism, or progressivism. They don't want a better society, they only want their people to be better, fk the rest. They only value liberties that don't inconvenience them. They only good progress is that which aligns closely with their agenda.

The founder of Newsmax was on CNN the other day saying he hopes to soon be a business partner of Trump.

No doubt....

He's getting his fans to dump Fox , then he'll see where they end up and which of the 2 channels suck up to him the most.

Everything is the Apprentice for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump is already quietly planning his own streaming service.

These challenges to the election aren’t serious just kick back and watch the comedy of errors as Trump tries to escape out the back door.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭threeball

briany wrote: »
    I notice a common thread among news outlets which Trump dislikes. They dare question or criticise him. He's not criticising them because he thinks their standard of journalism is bad, or actually, maybe he does, because in his mind it's all the same.

I know there are some news anchors who openly do not like Donald Trump, and it's an open goal for him to say, "Well, they hate me, so of course they're biased.", but there's little difference to him between that and someone who just wants to call some BS. In either instance, he plays the victim. Maybe he wouldn't be asked such 'tough' questions in one-on-ones if he didn't do or say so much questionable stuff?

Trump's thinking isn't really any different from facebook bios which say "Screw da haterz." The 'haterz' may be such because the person's a d!ckhead.

Back to the old saying, "if you think everyone else in the room is a d1ckhead, then you're the d1ckhead". Trump just can't accept that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

namloc1980 wrote: »

Your problem seems to be with tenses. Lost. A long, long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

statesaver wrote: »

No, let's continue it. Let's keep reminding Biden that he's Irish. Let's give him a Céad Míle Fáilte.

OANN is probably the vehicle to get him rolling.

In terms of revenue , MyPillow and a few others will be there in a heartbeat but yeah hard to see any mainstream brands looking to advertise there.

But the revenue will come from online more than the traditional TV pathway - All about those clicks!

Should be more appropriately named ONAN for the pure **** they peddle as news

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1326225802921381895?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

With the UK continuing to fook about in relation to its Brexit negotiations and the potential fallout for us, I'm delighted to have a US president that looks favourably on us and has stated the need to keep the GFA intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭bewareofthedog

He's starting to get bold on twitter again. He was quiet for a couple days once the election was called. This sick puppy needs to be put down asap.

Fox "abandoned" Trump and his supporters simply for calling the results of the election. What type of make believe universe are they living in?

He's the ringmaster leading the charge - one of most manipulative and dangerous people in the world right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

As cringe as it is, if there's any grá that can be cultivated with the POTUS elect then it should.
    It all benefits us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

namloc1980 wrote: »

So he accepts that the outcome of the 2020 is different to 2016. Sure he blames it on Fox, but that is the first time he has acknowledged the defeat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement