Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think you are wasting your time trying to argue with him/her to be honest, they won't accept anything being debunked and will just keep posting new random things.

It is a waste of time trying to convince that person. It's not a waste of time to debunk what they're posting and therefore prevent them from convincing others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The_Brood wrote: »
    lmao They can hire a top comedy writer they could not improve one bit on Trump's twitter account right now, if nothing else the man is spoof-proofing himself, calling himself the "Golden Goose" and screaming in all caps how computer systems deleted millions of votes for him - and this is just the last hour. America elected a troll - I know there are quite a handful who actually unironically support him, the same who fall for prosperity gospel preachers - but a complete and total troll he was from the beginning; he was elected mainly by trolls; and he's been having the most legendary troll meltdown for the past week any political leader can imagine. It's one of the rare times in world political history that the voters have gotten exactly what they voted for.

Just had a look. He's retweeting tweets from 100 person followed accounts. Obviously he is seeking out via the search bar tweets to retweet as he has his hissy fit.

What a time to be alive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

So many deboonkers...

Someone asked where the Trump campaign got those numbers of alleged frauds. I posted where they got them and admitted honestly I don't understand it at all, with no other commentary. A standard pile-on followed of people pretending they both knew what they were talking about and that it had been discussed here before-both untrue.

sabat wrote: »
    A standard pile-on followed of people pretending they both knew what they were talking about and that it had been discussed here before-both untrue.

In what way is it untrue? The Twitter thread and my link to a previous discussion are both in reference to the same video? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1326920264203046915

A "Republican President" attacking Fox.

Holy Shít, we really are Through the Looking Glass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭KilOit

Boggles wrote: »

America in full blown pandemic and all he cares about is ratings

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

He has some stratospheric ego. "The golden goose". Never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

KilOit wrote: »

That's all he's ever cared about. He was bored of the COVID crisis in June. Why do you think he's been attacking Fauci throughout the campaign? He's jealous of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He has some stratospheric ego. "The golden goose". Never seen anything like it.

He is the most inherently insecure human being I think I've ever seen.

If someone had been frozen in 2012 and was just brought out of stasis now, and you showed them the content of Trump's tweets (especially lately), they'd just assume that he'd gone the way poor auld Jim Corr's gone. The whole being President of the United States thing would come as a massive shock.

That said, it's been nearly 4 years and I still find it a gobsmacker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Trump campaign adviser Corey Lewandowski tests positive for coronavirus

Womp womp.
    That's a real shame

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

KilOit wrote: »

Always has. Remember when he threw a strop when the photos of his inauguration were shown to have far far fewer people than Obamas?
    PropJoe10 wrote: »
    He is the most inherently insecure human being I think I've ever seen.

Has he legitimately ever been told "No!" in his life? The epitome of the spoiled child who has never had to go without and every pathetic whim catered to. And then wrapped up in a delusional fantasy where he is this slick operator, the smartest man in the room and can run rings round everyone with his business savvy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Overheal wrote: »
    What was I saying: Comedy of Errors?

https://twitter.com/lawcrimenews/status/1326942410153353223?s=20

Oddly satisfying

"Obvious lies and spam"

Everything Trump in one easy sentence. :pac:

sabat wrote: »
    So many deboonkers...

Someone asked where the Trump campaign got those numbers of alleged frauds. I posted where they got them and admitted honestly I don't understand it at all, with no other commentary. A standard pile-on followed of people pretending they both knew what they were talking about and that it had been discussed here before-both untrue.

You should to be able to provide evidence of them being brought to court and having an effect. You've started off from a position of assuming there's fraud and are resorting to twitter accounts of randomers as proof. Meanwhile all the actual court cases are having zero success. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,602 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

briany wrote: »
    If someone had been frozen in 2012 and was just brought out of stasis now, and you showed them the content of Trump's tweets (especially lately), they'd just assume that he'd gone the way poor auld Jim Corr's gone. The whole being President of the United States thing would come as a massive shock.

That said, it's been nearly 4 years and I still find it a gobsmacker.

Donald Trump!? The ACTOR??

Then who's the Vice President? Omorosa!?

I suppose Melania Trump is the First Lady! And Glenn Beck is the Secretary of the Treasury. I've got enough practical jokes for one evening. Good night, future boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Sparko

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Always has. Remember when he threw a strop when the photos of his inauguration were shown to have far far fewer people than Obamas?

Has he legitimately ever been told "No!" in his life? The epitome of the spoiled child who has never had to go without and every pathetic whim catered to. And then wrapped up in a delusional fantasy where he is this slick operator, the smartest man in the room and can run rings round everyone with his business savvy.

I would imagine Biden's inauguration will probably be kept small due to covid, Trump absolutely won't be there but I'm certain he'll be tweeting up a storm about the size of his inauguration crowd by comparison.

Overheal wrote: »
    Donald Trump!? The ACTOR??

Then who's the Vice President? Omorosa!?

I suppose Melania Trump is the First Lady! And Glenn Beck is the Secretary of the Treasury. I've got enough practical jokes for one evening. Good night, future boy!

I read that Ronald Reagan watched Back to the Future in the WH cinema room and laughed so hard at the joke made about him that he had the projectionist rewind the film and play it again.

Something tells me Donald Trump would not react so favourably.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Boggles wrote: »

Comedy gold! I never imagined that Trump loosing would be this much fun :D:D
    It is the gift that just keeps on giving!
    I for one am delighted that he is such a sore looser :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Lirange

Gunmonkey wrote: »

He’s not just a narcissist but a bonafide psychopath. Ticks all the boxes. The behaviour is expected at this point. The most astounding thing his how far his political acolytes and party allies are willing to debase themselves to curry favour and/or avert his wrath. Self interest or the mass psychosis of a cult?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Speaking of election impropriety here is an interesting story about shill candidates in Florida. Perhaps they should rerun the whole election in that state.

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/1326692590817783814

• Advertisement

The keys to Trump and his supporters winning the election? Caps lock, Ctrl, C & V.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,602 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Speaking of election impropriety here is an interesting story about shill candidates in Florida. Perhaps they should rerun the whole election in that state.

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/1326692590817783814

I'm definitely running against my Congressman as a pro life fiscal conservative so.

Holy crap though that's conniving.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

schmittel wrote: »
    Not really, I will try and explain.

Is he querying Obama's birth cert because you have to be born in US to be president (i.e a political point) or is he querying his birth cert saying he was born in Kenya and thus an inferior human being (a racist point)?

I don't know, but I suspect it is political. And he did that to benefit himself.

On the other hand telling people to go back to where they came from is undeniably racist in any context, but he did not say that to benefit himself, he said because it he does not take criticism well and he lashed out.

My problem with the white supremacy stuff is that it is given much more prominence than the evidence deserves, and there is an argument he actively supports white supremacists and refuses to condemn them which is simply not true.

And this in turn contributes to an inability to have a sensible discussion about whether or not he is actually racist, because it over shadows stuff like the remarks about going back to where you came from. i.e people prefer to talk about the fine people at Charlottesville stuff, which is nonsense.

This discussion started re the Central Park 5. A similiar case in point.

Don I think he's racist? Maybe, I'm not really very sure. All I am saying is a lot of the evidence I hear touted as his racism, I don't find as convincing as others seem to.

I definitely suspect he is not as racist as a lot of outwardly respectable US politicians who are more careful with what they say.

I also suspect the best judges of racism are ethnic minorities themselves, and if they believed he was genuinely racist and a supporter of white supremacists, they would not have voted from him in larger numbers than 2016.

On one hand you say he's a racist and then you say you're not sure? How does the first bolded part not negate the second?

"telling people to go back to where they came from is undeniably racist in any context"

So any update on how trump is doing in his court cases? the last report I read said he was batting 0 for 12, to use american parlance. Not quite sure what it means but i think it is bad

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭hometruths

On one hand you say he's a racist and then you say you're not sure? How does the first bolded part not negate the second?

"telling people to go back to where they came from is undeniably racist in any context"

In the same way that I think Biden's comment about Obama being "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy" is undeniably racist in any context, but I don't think it is enough evidence to brand him an inherently racist person.

In the same way that I think Biden's comment about Obama being "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy" is undeniably racist in any context, but I don't think it is enough evidence to brand him an inherently racist person.

Saying someone is the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy" is considered racist in your mind?

Thats called a compliment, telling someone to "go back where you came from" is an insult.

Can you really not tell the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭hometruths

Saying someone is the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy" is considered racist in your mind?

Thats called a compliment, telling someone to "go back where you came from" is an insult.

Can you really not tell the difference?

No doubt Obama can tell the difference and was most flattered at such compliments.

I wonder what mainstream African Americans pre Obama thought when they learnt that Biden considered them unclean, or dirty.

Trump campaign adviser Corey Lewandowski tests positive for coronavirus

Womp womp.

*Sad trombone*

• Advertisement

No doubt Obama can tell the difference and was most flattered at such compliments.

I wonder what mainstream African Americans pre Obama thought when they learnt that Biden considered them unclean, or dirty.

Have you asked any?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement