Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Overheal wrote: »
    "Biden had planned to address the nation tonight, but there are indications he may well not do so until the race is called. Things are fluid here in Wilmington!" - NYT

yep....

Ah balls - maybe he figures it's better to just to do one more when it's confirmed rather than two in close proximity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,210 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

ok youve said all that. noted.

biden won the election. easily.

nobody has come up with anything like a case for that not to stand.

that's all there is to it, "suppose" or otherwise

I agree totally. But the numbers and stats show something vastly different than any other election. The ballots are genuine that are getting counted, but it was easy for one member of a household who cares about politics to take control of all the ballots, fill them out and drop them off. Even though her hubby never voted, and couldn't care less, or son would rather play video games. Suddenly they both voted for Biden, because Mom filled them out and said '' sign here''. That in my mind is one Vote, not 3.
    But what can you do, it's a ballot, genuine, and will be counted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

The signature is cross checked with a sig on file and if there is any discrepancies then the ballot owner has to attend a polling station and “cure” the ballot. So the wife sending off all 6 would still need the signatures of the people in the house. If they sign them, they’ve made those votes legal and there is no issue

Yeah but I don't think they are claiming the one person would fake the Sigs, just more that the older child whoever normally couldn't be arsed, but even it becomes a case of just signing a but if paper the (in the example) housewife just outs in front of you.

I think it's an interesting point, but I don't think it's statistically relevant in this election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

robinph wrote: »
    That's where they can check the signatures on the vote envelopes and compare them to the records.

Not in PA, they went to court to get rid of that check there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I agree totally. But the numbers and stats show something vastly different than any other election. The ballots are genuine that are getting counted, but it was easy for one member of a household who cares about politics to take control of all the ballots, fill them out and drop them off. Even though her hubby never voted, and couldn't care less, or son would rather play video games. Suddenly they both voted for Biden, because Mom filled them out and said '' sign here''. That in my mind is one Vote, not 3.

There's a point there, but it would have to assume that <2 million people did that to account for the gap......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,202 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Faugheen wrote: »
    Exactly. She was the difference between Biden winning Georgia and losing it. Without a shadow of a doubt. First thing that came out from the Biden campaign when he took the lead there was crediting her for that.

People writing off the Democrats for the Senate run-offs there shouldn’t be so quick to do so. She’s a ferocious campaigner and will put as much effort into these races as she did here.
    I saw Biden gave her credit, very classy indeed, and extremely well deserved.

Its a real shame she wasn't given a fair shot when she ran for Governor of Georgia, some serious shenanigans there with marking hundreds of thousands of people (majority were minority backgrounds) as ineligible to vote, delayed people registering to vote....and most bizarrely of all....the actual election was being overseen by her opponent....
    Honestly you couldn't make it up.

If you want to talk about an election actually being stolen and corrupted look at that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,640 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

4234 to 1076 in Allegheny county and that includes a couple thousand military ballots. Biden cruising in Pennsylvania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Millions of ballots flooded the country, and millions of them came back from people who have NEVER in their life voted before. That's a fact.
    They are counting the votes received for sure, but it's not realistic to claim they came from people who would have voted if this was a normal election, without Covid.

Doesn't add up that Biden who spent the last few months holding rallies for 20 people inspired the greatest turn out in the history of the Presidential Election.

If you make a process easier and harder to govern then that process will be abused.

Erm in a Democracy, voting should be made easy and accessable to all, you shouldn't have to stand in line for 8 hours like the GOP have forced Dems to do in major US Cities. It takes us all of 5 mins to vote here, why is the US different? Voter suppression driven by the GOP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

km991148 wrote: »
    Yeah but I don't think they are claiming the one person would fake the Sigs, just more that the older child whoever normally couldn't be arsed, but even it becomes a case of just signing a but if paper the (in the example) housewife just outs in front of you.

I think it's an interesting point, but I don't think it's statistically relevant in this election.

I can see the point your making and it’s a fair observation, but if let’s say the wife just puts out the paper and the oldest child signs it.... then he’s legally just cast a vote so no issue.

I also agree, I doubt it impacts the outcome of the result anyway

The signature is cross checked with a sig on file and if there is any discrepancies then the ballot owner has to attend a polling station and “cure” the ballot. So the wife sending off all 6 would still need the signatures of the people in the house. If they sign them, they’ve made those votes legal and there is no issue

Yes, in such a situation she would do the donkey work, tick the boxes, , and have them signed, seal the envelope ,drop them off. Or sign them, as a family member will have examples of signatures so easy to copy.
    It's not like a stranger getting his hands on ballots and putting names of people he knows on them. That would never be a match signature wise.

But we all know a mom can just nag a husband into signing anyway.

''just sign the fcking thing''

''what ever shuts you up''

And that's a vote for Biden. The process is flawed is all I'm saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Biden lead now 20k in PA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Inquitus wrote: »
    Erm in a Democracy, voting should be made easy and accessable to all, you shouldn't have to stand in line for 8 hours like the GOP have forced Dems to do in major US Cities. It takes us all of 5 mins to vote here, why is the US different? Voter suppression driven by the GOP.

Not a one way street.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/democrats-hate-gerrymanderingexcept-when-they-get-to-do-it

Democrats Hate Gerrymandering—Except When They Get to Do It

“Democrats added a strange-looking appendage to the district, reaching all the way down into the affluent Washington DC, suburbs to scoop up Democratic voters. More than 360,000 people were moved out of the district, and nearly as many were moved in. It went from solidly Republican to reliably Democratic; the Cook Political Report identified it as the biggest district swing in the country.”

Today, I live in Alexandria, Virginia, a city that Democrats dominate. In May of 2009, however, one Republican managed to get elected to the six-member City Council. This was apparently too much for Democrats to stomach. One month after his election, the City Council voted to move municipal elections from May to November—an attempt to squash the chances that Republicans could compensate for their numerical disadvantages by organizing to win low-turnout elections. It worked."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

py2006 wrote: »
    *Goes to fridge for a beer n snack*

ONE OF US!!

But he voted in person? That's the point I'm making, no one knows what does on behind closed doors in a household.

No voted by post, and sorry this year not last year, it's late and the year has been a bit of a blur and February seems like a year ago.

In terms of the U.S.

You do realise plenty of republicans voted by mail also?

What about the military and overseas votes by mail?

Also do you not think not holding large rallies during a pandemic seems more competent?

theres really no need for you to repeat the hypothesis you have come up with each time

and seriously now- seriously- you cannot maybe think of anything that would explain what was different about this election?

i can think of two. the somewhat obvious global pandemic and a highly unstable authoritarian with a scary four years behind him as admonishment to those whose non-vote in 2016 would have weighed heavily on them since

cmon now. if you have to work so hard to hypothesise a problem, you're inventing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Yes, but lets say 6 ballots go to a household, but history shows only the wife votes in person during an election, but suddenly all ballots are filled out and returned by wife.
    I'm sure there are isolated incidence but just as likely to be Republican as Democrat, why would you think different?
    Millions of ballots flooded the country, and millions of them came back from people who have NEVER in their life voted before. That's a fact.
    They are counting the votes received for sure, but it's not realistic to claim they came from people who would have voted if this was a normal election, without Covid.

Modern right-wing populist confirmation-bias at it's best.

When people who never voted before vote for Trump- It's because he is so inspiring!
    When people who never voted for him vote against Trump- It must be fraud!

When an election mistake is corrected in Republican favour- They were caught cheating and it's proof of fraud!
    When an election mistake is corrected in Democrate's favour- They are robbing votes and it's proof of fraud!

It's like when Qanon claimed that when the media didn't report on them it was somehow proof that it was all real. And then when they did start getting coverage it meant that the media was scared, and it was proof it's real.

It's cult like thinking and impossible to reason with using facts.

Yes, in such a situation she would do the donkey work, tick the boxes, , and have them signed, seal the envelope ,drop them off. Or sign them, as a family member will have examples of signatures so easy to copy.
    It's not like a stranger getting his hands on ballots and putting names of people he knows on them. That would never be a match signature wise.

Hmmmm...

I don't agree, if anything I get the feeling a nagging mother who is a Trump fan would be a lot more persuasive when it comes to nagging her kids and husband to sign a ballot..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Trump needs to stand and take his beating like a man and shake Bidens hand and wish him well.
    He’s making an utter fool of himself as he is

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭patsman07

Could "Mom" not just as easily voted for Trump? Trump got more votes than in 2016. Maybe that is why?

He is losing because he is so obnoxious that he managed to inspire many more to vote for Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

So let me get this straight - Trump got 2.97 million in Pennsylvania in 2016 and beat Hillary.

Trump got 3.3 million votes this time and still somehow loses to Biden???

Trump got 2.1 million votes in Georgia in 2016 and won - now he has 2.5 and "lost"?

**** is not adding up!!!

Higher voter turnout? Expanding population? No way - you don't have 20% increase in voter turnout from one election to the next. Voter turnout was huge the last time.

Shenanigans.

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »

Not sure that's the case. They need to get message out for earlier voting, so no crowds. But voting in person is only way, look at the ''electronic voting'' we tried here. What a mess, can you imagine mail in voting here...Suddenly everyone in the house in voting when only one did before, because one would take control of ballots.

Trump should have encouraged people to vote by mail, would have leveled the playing field, instead votes by mail are killing him.

Millions and millions of never before voters, for Biden. as Biden would say

''come on man''

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Trump won’t be welcome in philly after today the idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

Any truth in the software glitch? Affected 6000 votes in 1 county and apparently its used in 47 others.

Hard to find a credit source, But the same story has been listed on a few pages if you Google it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/6184097002

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Trump needs to stand and take his beating like a man and shake Bidens hand and wish him well.
    He’s making an utter fool of himself as he is

I think he will eventually. People will be just expected to forget all embarrassing previous stuff, as per usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1324852450109624322

You could put that on pay-per-view. There'll be secret service agents tripping over each other to be rostered to work that day :D

This took longer than I care to admit....

ZKJ3uOd.png

Doesn't add up that Biden who spent the last few months holding rallies for 20 people inspired the greatest turn out in the history of the Presidential Election.

People voted in record numbers because they hated Trump, not because Biden inspired them.

I have no partisan allegiance but if I were American I would have voted for Biden.
    Simply because I have formed the opinion that Donald Trump is an absolute priicckk.

So let me get this straight - Trump got 2.97 million in Pennsylvania in 2016 and beat Hillary.

Trump got 3.3 million votes this time and still somehow loses to Biden???

Trump got 2.1 million votes in Georgia in 2016 and won - now he has 2.5 and "lost"?

**** is not adding up!!!

Higher voter turnout? Expanding population? No way - you don't have 20% increase in voter turnout from one election to the next. Voter turnout was huge the last time.

Shenanigans.
    I just posted a link to a story about one organisation getting 800k people signed up to vote in Georgia in the last couple of years....

No shenanigans, people wanted to vote, whatever side of the fence you fall on Trump polarised people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

CNN: Trump apparently accepting reality and if loses Arizona and Georgia won't appeal Pennsylvania because a court will ask him "What's the point, you can't win anyway"

Eh na, surely if there is voter fraud well then regardless of the overall result, a court will investigate!

gmisk wrote: »
    Hmmmm...

I don't agree, if anything I get the feeling a nagging mother who is a Trump fan would be a lot more persuasive when it comes to nagging her kids and husband to sign a ballot..

Aw yes, true, but Trump put millions of his base off voting by mail. It was a political statement, like not wearing a mask.

I just think the system is open to abuse. And in an election that should not be possible. And then you do a drive by drop off wearing a mask, throwing them out the window into a box a man is carrying.

It's comical in all fairness.

• Advertisement

Sure - f*ck off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement