Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

jmayo wrote: »
    This is why I reckon Twitter was one of the worst ever inventions.

It gives an easy open platform to morons.

And then they have the audacity to say "Big Tech" are censoring..

Yeah ok.. never mind they have they have been the biggest enablers of all sorts of wacky shyte.. why??

Because more crazy=more response=more views= more ad revenue..

valoren wrote: »
    He's like LaMotta in Raging Bull after taking a pummelling from Sugar Ray. "You never got me down Ray!"

Lost the fight but in his own head he "won".

Exactly. All this talk about strategy and grifting and everything else is s nonsense.

The only strategy is a broken ego fighting for survival.
    It has to uphold the illusion of not being a loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Interesting article in Politico about the election fraud claims

This bit makes perfect sense to me;

. https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/11/13/trumps-crazy-and-confoundingly-successful-conspiracy-theory-436404

And it goes with all the tidbits we are hearing, the slow move to accepting the defeat and moving on, grudgingly, to Biden. But Trump needs to maintain the view that he isn't a loser, it was stolen. That allows the money to keep rolling in, and the view that there really is a majority in the states that want Trump, just that the votes were stolen.

I have to say that’s my feeling on it. He’ll eventually walk away but crying foul for evermore about it. His foolish followers will lap it up as in their heads it will also save them face. You only need to look at how many of his followers here disappeared or re regged so they didn’t have to stand over their ridiculous statements to see how fragile they are. I’ve a bit of respect for the handful of posters who supported him unwaveringly and are still defending him using their original usernames. I think a lot purposely got themselves banned to set a tone of the mods are liberals but in reality like a lot of things about Trump it was just setting a narrative to cling to.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I see Trump lawyers have withdrawn another case in Arizona. Absolute shambles.

https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/45/2020/11/NoticeofPartialMootness.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 14,044 ✭✭✭✭briany

I imagine Lionel Hutz being on the payroll as part of the Trump legal team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

briany wrote: »

Works on contingency?

No! Money down!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump lost another case in Federal Court this time in relation to Pennsylvania. This was their main case that the mail-in votes received after election day should be thrown out. Another loss - when will it sink in for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I must say I’m enjoying Trump’s shenanigans. I knew they’d get nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Boggles wrote: »

Is there no "you're too stupid to be president" law they can call on?

He's really stupid isn't he.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,486 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Trump and his backers are doing untold damage to their county’s democracy..

Utter lowlifes the lot of them..

Pathetic that a party actually is endorsing and facilitating this man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭jackboy

walshb wrote: »
    Trump and his backers are doing untold damage to their county’s democracy.

What damage is he doing to democracy? He lost the election, doesn’t want to leave and is being made leave anyway. If anything the optics look good for the robustness of American democracy.

jmayo wrote: »
    This is why I reckon Twitter was one of the worst ever inventions.

It gives an easy open platform to morons.

You can say the same thing about any online platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

• Registered Users Posts: 21,736 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

jackboy wrote: »
    What damage is he doing to democracy? He lost the election, doesn’t want to leave and is being made leave anyway. If anything the optics look good for the robustness of American democracy.

The optics led to a FB page called 'Stop the Steal' with 350,000 members calling for violence against democrats/liberals.

Over 70M people have watched what has gone on since the election and think that their democracy has been stolen from them because of Trump and his acolytes including media representatives and senior Senate and House officials saying the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

km991148 wrote: »
    And then they have the audacity to say "Big Tech" are censoring..

Yeah ok.. never mind they have they have been the biggest enablers of all sorts of wacky shyte.. why??

Because more crazy=more response=more views= more ad revenue..

It's also particularly tricky when he is the president of the US - I wouldn't be shocked to see his account gien by the end of Biden's first 10 days. Twitter are far from perfect, but generally do seem more proa tive than most when it comes to this kind of thing.

Facebook on the other hand, now there's a real enabler.

hmmm wrote: »
    The law firm handling Trump's Pennsylvania legal challenges have resigned. Legal firms don't turn down money very often.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/13/business/porter-wright-trump-pennsylvania.html

Eh aren't they working for free or a promise of payment, which with trump often means for free anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Exactly. All this talk about strategy and grifting and everything else is s nonsense.

The only strategy is a broken ego fighting for survival.
    It has to uphold the illusion of not being a loser.

It is not just about losing.
    Yes he is a very sore loser or has always played it that he didn't lose at business, but just decided to close a business down.
    Of course the creditors had effectively told him.

There is a lot more at stake.
    He could seriously be facing jail and real financial pain.

There is distinct possibility the IRS might finally start crawling up his ass and the start really looking into the kids as well.

Then there is all the dodgy deals like was it routing unofficial money through the campaign to pay off Stormy.

And the big one is Obstruction of Justice that Mueller referred to.

Now usually an ex President is never gone after.
    Hell Ford pardoned old Nixon, but they were the same party.

Trump has pi**ed off so many people, has fired so many prosecutors including the likes of Geoffrey Berman and Preet Bharara in New York where Trump has been based.
    Vance in New York is supposedly building a case against the Trump organisation.

Biden may decide to not want to stir up the Trump support base, but on the other hand a lot of Democrats, Harris included, want retribution and would love their day in court.

If they think Trump is going to run again or one of the spawn want to run they might decide to put some nails in their coffin.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭jackboy

The optics led to a FB page called 'Stop the Steal' with 350,000 members calling for violence against democrats/liberals.

Over 70M people have watched what has gone on since the election and think that their democracy has been stolen from them because of Trump and his acolytes including media representatives and senior Senate and House officials saying the same thing.

350,000 members calling for violence against democrats yet there has been close to no violence. Those numbers do not add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Business as usual..

Biden voted for the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, which resulted in 7,037 American troop fatalities and 53,117 American troop injuries. About 84 percent of Afghanistan casualties (19,350 of 23,113) occurred under Obama/Biden, while 95 percent of Iraq casualties (35,182 of 37,041) occurred under Bush/Cheney. Only 1 percent of all casualties occurred under Trump/Pence.

After eight years of Obama/Biden The Institute for Economics and Peace’s Global Peace Index reported a decade-long decline in peace, with terrorism at an all-time high, battle deaths from conflict at a 25-year high and the number of refugees at a level not seen in 60 years.

The U.S. State Department reported a 34 percent growth in foreign terrorist organizations since Obama/Biden took office in 2009, with about 75 percent of them operating in Muslim-majority countries.
    and decisions detrimentally affected the U.S. economy, U.S. national security, and international peace and security.

Freedom House reported that as of 2016, global freedom had declined for 10 consecutive years, with press freedom at its lowest point in 12 years. Of the world’s 7.3 billion people at the time, only 40 percent lived in freedom and only 13 percent enjoyed a free press.

The Obama/Biden reset policy with Russia (2009-2013) backfired as Russia annexed Crimea from Ukraine in 2014 and entered the Syria civil war in 2015, which eventually allowed the Kremlin to establish long-term agreements for a Russian airbase and seaport in that country.

The administration’s Libyan misadventure turned into a disaster, with four American diplomats murdered in Benghazi and Libya becoming a failed state.

Obama’s defense secretary, Robert Gates, raised serious questions about Biden’s security judgments. In his 2014 book, “Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War,” Gates wrote that “he (Biden) has been wrong on nearly every foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”

Criticising Biden is not support of Trump and all his policies. Will any criticism of Joe in the future be answered with well you must be a far right Trumpist Racist ?
    If you are going to plagiarise complete articles at least give the credit to the source:

https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/522480-is-america-ready-to-return-to-the-obama-biden-foreign-policy

I don't think you are going to find many people on here that claim that a Biden presidency will be all sunshine and rainbows. But a big delusion among Trump supporters is that he has fought against the military industrial complex, which is bullsh*t.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭lemonTrees

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Business as usual..

Biden voted for the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, which resulted in 7,037 American troop fatalities and 53,117 American troop injuries. About 84 percent of Afghanistan casualties (19,350 of 23,113) occurred under Obama/Biden, while 95 percent of Iraq casualties (35,182 of 37,041) occurred under Bush/Cheney. Only 1 percent of all casualties occurred under Trump/Pence.

After eight years of Obama/Biden The Institute for Economics and Peace’s Global Peace Index reported a decade-long decline in peace, with terrorism at an all-time high, battle deaths from conflict at a 25-year high and the number of refugees at a level not seen in 60 years.

The U.S. State Department reported a 34 percent growth in foreign terrorist organizations since Obama/Biden took office in 2009, with about 75 percent of them operating in Muslim-majority countries.
    and decisions detrimentally affected the U.S. economy, U.S. national security, and international peace and security.

Freedom House reported that as of 2016, global freedom had declined for 10 consecutive years, with press freedom at its lowest point in 12 years. Of the world’s 7.3 billion people at the time, only 40 percent lived in freedom and only 13 percent enjoyed a free press.

The Obama/Biden reset policy with Russia (2009-2013) backfired as Russia annexed Crimea from Ukraine in 2014 and entered the Syria civil war in 2015, which eventually allowed the Kremlin to establish long-term agreements for a Russian airbase and seaport in that country.

The administration’s Libyan misadventure turned into a disaster, with four American diplomats murdered in Benghazi and Libya becoming a failed state.

Obama’s defense secretary, Robert Gates, raised serious questions about Biden’s security judgments. In his 2014 book, “Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War,” Gates wrote that “he (Biden) has been wrong on nearly every foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”

Criticising Biden is not support of Trump and all his policies. Will any criticism of Joe in the future be answered with well you must be a far right Trumpist Racist ?

Excellent post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

lemonTrees wrote: »
    Excellent post
    except it's not his... See above

It's also particularly tricky when he is the president of the US - I wouldn't be shocked to see his account gien by the end of Biden's first 10 days. Twitter are far from perfect, but generally do seem more proa tive than most when it comes to this kind of thing.

Facebook on the other hand, now there's a real enabler.

Why do you say that? Because of the warnings they put on posts..? that's all for show and means very little tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if the warnings actual allow more of the false content to spread (They would have tested this before hand). I am sure the psychology of it must be akin to when you tell a kid not to do something.. when has a warning not made something more desirable.

The content is allowed and promoted and spreads like wildfire. Generating lots of lovely views and shares and everything else, which they then go on to use this information to sell back to the very people posting this guff.

Its a self sustaining market place of misinformation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭lemonTrees

except it's not his... See above

Where did I say it was?

I said it's an excellent post.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,598 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

jackboy wrote: »
    350,000 members calling for violence against democrats yet there has been close to no violence. Those numbers do not add up.

Because most of them would be Internet warriors, you see it on all social media, people mouthing off "i would break his/her legs" or "Fùcker needs a baseball bat to the face". All talk no action, its the 1 or 2 % that you have to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

its the 1 or 2 % that you have to worry about.

Aye and the fact they have AR15's et al in the US, not merely baseball bats!

Also in relation to press freedom, Trump has actively spent his presidency attacking the press. The likes of the Maga bomber existed as a result of his rhetoric. His main target was the press, specifically outlets that Trump attacked.

Was leaving those points open for the poster to bring to the thread as part of their arguments, as the issue is of such concern to them and they are not biased towards any specific candidate.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Why do you say that? Because of the warnings they put on posts..? that's all for show and means very little tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if the warnings actual allow more of the false content to spread (They would have tested this before hand). I am sure the psychology of it must be akin to when you tell a kid not to do something.. when has a warning not made something more desirable.

The content is allowed and promoted and spreads like wildfire. Generating lots of lovely views and shares and everything else, which they then go on to use this information to sell back to the very people posting this guff.

Its a self sustaining market place of misinformation.

Twitter have said that after the 20th January Trumps account won't be considered protected due to being a "person of interest" and will just be dealt with as a normal person. So rather than the warnings about him lying on the posts they will just delete them as his words are no longer needing to be recorded due to him being president. Piss twitter off enough and they will just delete him.

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs leaves a pretty clear message on how they won't support a tyrant or dictator... :D
    https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1327268753252429824

briany wrote: »

Lionel Hutz is far too competent to get involved in this nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

According to CNN Biden's victory has prevented a 2nd Holocaust and probably WW3. Phew.

https://twitter.com/darrengrimes_/status/1327297078880559104

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement