Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

meep wrote: »
    Brian Tyler Cohen is a leftie YouTuber, but, unlike a lot of them, not a complete looney. I've found his analysis to be relatively sober and well considered and find him to be a good touchstone for the logical left pov.

Anyway, here's short offering from him that packs a lot of info into a short enough clip. Turns out the Republican officials in PA are refuting all the Trump nonsense, on Fox of all places;

https://youtu.be/P5PCZJxuvhY

Just thought that was a good summary of where everything seems to be at.

You say that a lot of lefty Youtubers are "looney"; can you give an example of who you're referring to, as a left-wing equivalent of, say Alex Jones, Ben Shapiro, Dave Rubin, Tomi Lahren?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

AllForIt wrote: »
    According to CNN Biden's victory has prevented a 2nd Holocaust and probably WW3. Phew.

https://twitter.com/darrengrimes_/status/1327297078880559104

CNN are truly an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

You say that a lot of lefty Youtubers are "looney"; can you give an example of who you're referring to, as a left-wing equivalent of, say Alex Jones, Ben Shapiro, Dave Rubin, Tomi Lahren?

There, thankfully, is only one Alex Jones, and it's quite enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Works on contingency?

No! Money down!

BjUiNXHiopTNZiat-VLpEO78cQk=.gif

According to CNN Biden's victory has prevented a 2nd Holocaust and probably WW3. Phew.

https://twitter.com/darrengrimes_/status/1327297078880559104

That's not remotely what she states, drawing parallels between Nazism and Trump's administration is perfectly fine. It doesn't mean you're claiming a holocaust or WW3 is occurring. Eg the Yale historian Timothy Snyder has drawn the parallels.

https://www.vox.com/conversations/2017/5/22/15663268/donald-trump-democracy-timothy-snyder-fascism-truth

It's weird how you guys are actively ignoring his efforts to undermine a democratic election. :eek: Goebbels would love the fake news strategy. Lügenpresse or the lying press...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lying_press

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,736 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

CNN never said that, they said that the burning of books 82 years ago was the start of an attack on the values of 'Facts, knowledge, history and truth'.

Have you guys been asleep for 4 years, or watching Fox?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Inquitus wrote: »

There's 2. But I only recognise the hot Welsh one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I beg to differ

1_The-One-Show.jpg

CNN never said that, they said that the burning of books 82 years ago was the start of an attack on the values of 'Facts, knowledge, history and truth'.

Have you guys been asleep for 4 years, or watching Fox?

Give over. Nothing in the US during Trumps time has been like Kristallnacht. Except maybe BLM tbh.

Media sensationalism.

Edit: By BLM I'm referring specifically to the rioting/violence, not the peaceful protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭bewareofthedog

There's certaintly a few of them like Keith Olbermann. Imo a lot of the grifters on the left do it in a more sneaky non confrontational way, for example that guy who made off millions off a book about how Trump colluded with Russia - he has a questionable history of jumping on things to make money.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭lemonTrees

They are as much a part of the problem as the Trump's of this world. Only interested in dividing not uniting

Give over. Nothing in the US during Trumps time has been like Kristallnacht. Except maybe BLM tbh.

Media sensationalism.

It's time for you to move on......to the next step of the Kübler-Ross!

It's time for you to move on......to the next step of the Kübler-Ross!

lol Which step do you think I'm in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Biden 306-232 Trump. Not even a close race. Flipping 5 states is a great achievement for Biden and his campaign. Plus a 5.5 million surplus in the popular vote. Regardless of what Trump and his mindless sycophants are saying, this is a solid and clear victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Media sensationalism.

well of course you think it is media sensationalism. You have spent the last 5 years listening to Trump tell you that everything in MSM is fake news and only Trump is a source of truth. You've swallowed it hook, line and sinker. The exact same tactics were used by the Nazi party. They had a name for it. they called it Lugenpresse.

well of course you think it is media sensationalism. You have spent the last 5 years listening to Trump tell you that everything in MSM is fake news and only Trump is a source of truth. You've swallowed it hook, line and sinker. The exact same tactics were used by the Nazi party. They had a name for it. they called it Lugenpresse.

I think it is sensationalism to make comparisons to Kristallnacht.

As for the rest of your post you seem very confused about what I believe. Best stick to what you know to be true rather than projecting some narrative you have in your head onto me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think it is sensationalism to make comparisons to Kristallnacht.

As for the rest of your post you seem very confused about what I believe. Best stick to what you know to be true rather than projecting some narrative you have in your head onto me.

I have no idea what you believe. I can only go by your posts and they're just straight up trumptastic.

Media sensationalism.

Edit: By BLM I'm referring specifically to the rioting/violence, not the peaceful protests.

She never claimed that they did anything as bad as Kristallnacht. We did have him claiming fine people on both sides when Neo Nazis and white supremacists marched in Charlottesville though. I've yet to see anyone that is a fine person who marched with the Nazis....

Or the fact he inspired a terrorist with his attacks on the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Michigan case also now thrown out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,827 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

When you consider the historically low point Trump has reached when it comes to the election, you must really pause and reflect.

He was impeached in the first 4, and was getting progressively worse.

I think the world needs to appreciate how important it was to get rid of him, how much of a close call it was and be thankful for the fact that he didn't get to complete the dictator checklist.

• Advertisement

I have no idea what you believe. I can only go by your posts and they're just straight up trumptastic.

You won't find a single one like that from me. It's in your head.

everlast75 wrote: »
    I think the world needs to appreciate how important it was to get rid of him, how much of a close call it was and be thankful for the fact that he didn't get to complete the dictator checklist.

Yet! He still has the opportunity to play fast and loose with the Electoral Voters if the GOP allows him to go to that extreme. US law around contented elections is poorly written and full of loopholes. If he goes full crazy, and the GOP don't rein him in, he still has the chance to cause a constitutional nightmare for the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

everlast75 wrote: »
    When you consider the historically low point Trump has reached when it comes to the election, you must really pause and reflect.

He was impeached in the first 4, and was getting progressively worse.

As I said a good few times, the US had one last chance to save itself from a dictatorship and thankfully it took it. Trumpism isnt going away though, that's for sure. if Donnie doesn't run in 2024, I've no doubt that either DJTJ or Ivanka will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Biden 306-232 Trump. Not even a close race. Flipping 5 states is a great achievement for Biden and his campaign. Plus a 5.5 million surplus in the popular vote. Regardless of what Trump and his mindless sycophants are saying, this is a solid and clear victory.
    Emufg0mUwAA5UUc?format=jpg&name=small

Lulz

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

PropJoe10 wrote: »

There's always a tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

I wonder if any networks will cut him off if, as expected, he goes off on one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

omega man wrote: »
    I wonder if any networks will cut him off if, as expected, he goes off on one.

Well I imagine he will say, Pfizer couldn't have done this without me... TV cut him off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Emufg0mUwAA5UUc?format=jpg&name=small

Lulz

Looks like “Sleepy” Joe tore up the competition.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭hometruths

We did have him claiming fine people on both sides when Neo Nazis and white supremacists marched in Charlottesville though. I've yet to see anyone that is a fine person who marched with the Nazis....

Fake news.

• Advertisement

schmittel wrote: »
    Fake news.

How's that fake news? He said it live in a White House press conference?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement