Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

schmittel wrote: »
    Fake news.

That fúcking term has had it's day, hopefully it fúcks off like that artificially tanned man.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Fake news.

Lugenpresse in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Inquitus wrote: »
    How's that fake news? He said it live in a White House press conference?

Trump saying stuff doesn't mean that he actually said it. In fact, it usually means that his words were misinterpreted by the "lamestream media"even if there is an actual recording/video of him saying it. Keep up.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭hometruths

Lugenpresse in action.

Indeed.

Politifact rates it as context needed.

Because out of context you miss these explanatory remarks:
    And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay?

Something that Joe Biden overlooked when he fanned the flames of this remark:
    On April 25, 2019, former Vice President Joe Biden declared his 2020 candidacy for the Democratic nomination and the presidency by recalling the events in Charlottesville and Trump’s comments. "With those words, the president of the United States assigned a moral equivalence between those spreading hate and those with the courage to stand against it," Biden said.

Lugenpresse in action precisely.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Trump saying stuff doesn't mean that he actually said it. In fact, it usually means that his words were misinterpreted by the "lamestream media"even if there is an actual recording/video of him saying it. Keep up.

I would never use the term "lamestream media" and his words were not misinterpreted.

The media knew full well what he said. They just chose to report it out of context.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I don't know if Lugenpresse is the best expression to use...little problematic I would have thought.

Also can't believe I used the word probematic in a sentence but yeah it is a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Biden 306-232 Trump. Not even a close race. Flipping 5 states is a great achievement for Biden and his campaign. Plus a 5.5 million surplus in the popular vote. Regardless of what Trump and his mindless sycophants are saying, this is a solid and clear victory.

Georgia is the one I’m most impressed with. Trump won that comfortably four years ago.

Indeed.

Politifact rates it as context needed.

Something that Joe Biden overlooked when he fanned the flames of this remark:

Lugenpresse in action precisely.

jeez, you really did fall for it. who exactly would be marching alongside neo-nazis and white nationalists? what "fine people" would do that? You really dont understand why trump phrased it the way he did.

I don't know if Lugenpresse is the best expression to use...little problematic I would have thought.

Also can't believe I used the word probematic in a sentence but yeah it is a bit.

why it is problematic? it is the tactic that trump has used since the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

why it is problematic? it is the tactic that trump has used since the start.

Yeah I suppose in that context you are probably right. Just a bit Hitlery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭jackboy

jeez, you really did fall for it. who exactly would be marching alongside neo-nazis and white nationalists? what "fine people" would do that? .

So if anyone is in a march which also has some troublemakers then everyone in the march is automatically in the same bracket as the troublemakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

How about the context that the "fine people" showed up at a march organised by hate groups and neo-nazis. And even if they didn't all chant the white supremacist slogans themselves they were still happy to march along with them.

jackboy wrote: »
    So if anyone is in a march which also has some troublemakers then everyone in the march is automatically in the same bracket as the troublemakers.

why would you continue to march alongside neo-nazis? if you turn up to a march and it is mostly consisted of white nationalists then a fine person would go home.

why would you continue to march alongside neo-nazis? if you turn up to a march and it is mostly consisted of white nationalists then a fine person would go home.

I would go home in that situation.

However, following your logic, all the BLM protests where there was a hint of violence were only attended by scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The Joe Biden Landslide is complete. 306 - 232

Where are all the Trumplandslide2020 folks?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If there were so many fine people at the march which was clearly identified as being a white supremacist one then by now you'd think some photos of these fine people would have emerged and they would have been smeared as being not fine people, but then would have countered that with some proof that they actually were really fine people.

Or maybe the simpler answer is that there were not fine people there so none have come forward needing to defend their fineness.

jeez, you really did fall for it. who exactly would be marching alongside neo-nazis and white nationalists? what "fine people" would do that? You really dont understand why trump phrased it the way he did.

I fell for what exactly?

That by saying there were fine people on both sides he was really saying he supports white supremacists and neo nazis despite saying they should be totally condemned in the same breath?

That some serious 3d chess sh*t, lay off the QAnon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

This is the kind of thing I was wondering about in recent posts.
    (I feel reassured that there may be contingency plans in place to deal with rogue presidents like Trump).

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/13/top-ceos-met-to-plan-response-to-trumps-election-denial.html

jackboy wrote: »
    I would go home in that situation.

However, following your logic, all the BLM protests where there was a hint of violence were only attended by scumbags.

you are comparing that to marching next to swastika flags and tattoos?

I fell for what exactly?

That by saying there were fine people on both sides he was really saying he supports white supremacists and neo nazis despite saying they should be totally condemned in the same breath?

That some serious 3d chess sh*t, lay off the QAnon.

I leave the qanon stuff to people on trumps side. and you still dont get it.

• Advertisement

you are comparing that to marching next to swastika flags and tattoos?

Smashing and burning property is obviously worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭mun1

306-232 landslide ! Embarrassment for trump and his cult. There’s a rock waiting for each of you to slide back under.
    LETS GO JOE !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,044 ✭✭✭✭briany

mun1 wrote: »
    306-232 landslide ! Embarrassment for trump and his cult. There’s a rock waiting for each of you to slide back under.
    LETS GO JOE !

It wasn't really a landslide because some of the states were still quite close, especially certain states such as Wisconsin where I think the most conservative poll gave him a 5 point lead, but he only won it by less than one percentage point. And while Joe Biden came in with the most votes ever for a presidential candidate, Trump came in with the second most.

Point being that if we call Biden's victory a landslide, it implies that the election was a strong repudiation of Trump and that invites complacency, and complacency is exactly what got Trump elected in 2016. So, if you're anti-Trump, and opposed to his brand of divisive, hateful and immature populist politics, complacent is exactly what you don't want to be, because that shít is waiting in the wings or gaining power all over the western world.

Fake news.

Ah yes, pushing the Lügenpresse angle. It's so incredibly dishonest.

briany wrote: »
    It wasn't really a landslide because some of the states were still quite close, especially certain states such as Wisconsin where I think the most conservative poll gave him a 5 point lead, but he only won it by less than one percentage point. And while Joe Biden came in with the most votes ever for a presidential candidate, Trump came in with the second most.

Point being that if we call Biden's victory a landslide, it implies that the election was a strong repudiation of Trump and that invites complacency, and complacency is exactly what got Trump elected in 2016. So, if you're anti-Trump, and opposed to his brand of divisive, hateful and immature populist politics, complacent is exactly what you don't want to be, because that shít is waiting in the wings or gaining power all over the western world.

Point being:

Kellyann.jpg

If trump can describe his victory in 2016 as a landslide then biden can call his victory an even bigger landslide

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The definition of landslide being as set by Trump in 2016 when he decided that his losing the popular vote to Clinton was a landslide. If losing but still winning is a landslide then winning and winning is an avalanche.

robinph wrote: »
    If there were so many fine people at the march which was clearly identified as being a white supremacist one then by now you'd think some photos of these fine people would have emerged and they would have been smeared as being not fine people, but then would have countered that with some proof that they actually were really fine people.

Or maybe the simpler answer is that there were not fine people there so none have come forward needing to defend their fineness.

Fair points. Have just done a little more reading about the actual origins of the protest.

I hadn't realised it was actually organised by a white supremacists/neo nazis. I thought it was a protest against the removal of statues that had been hijacked by alt-right.

I'll accept the probability of there being fine people present is very low, most likely zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,771 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Porter Wright probably pulled their representation for Trump in the legal challenge after being inundated with emails and messages following the Lincoln Project's appeal.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1326213514495741958

https://twitter.com/scottieb1025/status/1326220555356434436

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement