Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

So let me get this straight - Trump got 2.97 million in Pennsylvania in 2016 and beat Hillary.

Trump got 3.3 million votes this time and still somehow loses to Biden???

Trump got 2.1 million votes in Georgia in 2016 and won - now he has 2.5 and "lost"?

**** is not adding up!!!

Higher voter turnout? Expanding population? No way - you don't have 20% increase in voter turnout from one election to the next. Voter turnout was huge the last time.

Shenanigans.

i mean he had to get more votes than his 2020 opponent to win, thats your problem right there.

congrats to him on beating hilary again tho, i suppose. thatll be comfort to him.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Millions of ballots flooded the country, and millions of them came back from people who have NEVER in their life voted before. That's a fact.
    They are counting the votes received for sure, but it's not realistic to claim they came from people who would have voted if this was a normal election, without Covid.

Doesn't add up that Biden who spent the last few months holding rallies for 20 people inspired the greatest turn out in the history of the Presidential Election.

If you make a process easier and harder to govern then that process will be abused.

How exactly is it that more people exercising their right to vote is "abuse"

You are right , Joe Biden probably didn't inspire the largest turn-out in history - Trump did - To get him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

So let me get this straight - Trump got 2.97 million in Pennsylvania in 2016 and beat Hillary.

Trump got 2.1 million votes in Georgia in 2016 and won - now he has 2.5 and "lost"?

**** is not adding up!!!

Higher voter turnout? Expanding population? No way - you don't have 20% increase in voter turnout from one election to the next. Voter turnout was huge the last time.

Shenanigans.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

One thing that’s bothered me about Trump and his die hard supporters is that he portrays himself as strong man leader, a tough guy, when the glaring truth is that he dodged the draft to Vietnam five times, a spineless silver spoon coward who always gave me the impression that if a dig was swung at him he’d piss his pants yet somehow he’s convinced his brigade that he’s a tough guy, read the truth, they just swallow his bs, he’s no tough guy, a baby in a mans body, time to be a man Donald and accept you lost.

Not sure that's the case. They need to get message out for earlier voting, so no crowds. But voting in person is only way, look at the ''electronic voting'' we tried here. What a mess, can you imagine mail in voting here...Suddenly everyone in the house in voting when only one did before, because one would take control of ballots.

Trump should have encouraged people to vote by mail, would have leveled the playing field, instead votes by mail are killing him.

Millions and millions of never before voters, for Biden. as Biden would say

''come on man''

you want votes not to count where people have been influenced by someone else- is that your case?

thats an awful case, with due respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

E36Ross wrote: »
    Any truth in the software glitch? Affected 6000 votes in 1 county and apparently its used in 47 others.

Hard to find a credit source, But the same story has been listed on a few pages if you Google it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/6184097002

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47y6xag72lh07myq3hk2be186rxipjwamw2gx7flci&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,202 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

duffman13 wrote: »
    CNN: Trump apparently accepting reality and if loses Arizona and Georgia won't appeal Pennsylvania because a court will ask him "What's the point, you can't win anyway"

Eh na, surely if there is voter fraud well then regardless of the overall result, a court will investigate!
    It's almost as if Trump knew he had zero evidence of any voter fraud or a case of any kinda and it's all for bluster and show to play to his base....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

**** is not adding up!!!

Shenanigans.

Somewhere in the region of 23 million additional votes apparently

Roughly 160 million turnout in an electorate of 240. 66% turnout

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

duffman13 wrote: »
    CNN: Trump apparently accepting reality and if loses Arizona and Georgia won't appeal Pennsylvania because a court will ask him "What's the point, you can't win anyway"

Eh na, surely if there is voter fraud well then regardless of the overall result, a court will investigate!

Hint: There's no voter fraud that'll save Donny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Trump needs to stand and take his beating like a man and shake Bidens hand and wish him well.
    He’s making an utter fool of himself as he is

He's making making an utter fool of himself and his country, by his actions, since well before his election.

Why should he break the habit of a lifetime, even if he was able to.

• Advertisement

One thing that’s bothered me about Trump and his die hard supporters is that he portrays himself as strong man leader, a tough guy, when the glaring truth is that he dodged the draft to Vietnam five times, a spineless silver spoon coward who always gave me the impression that if a dig was swung at him he’d piss his pants yet somehow he’s convinced his brigade that he’s a tough guy, read the truth, they just swallow his bs, he’s no tough guy, a baby in a mans body, time to be a man Donald and accept you lost.

100% agree. He's an obese old man who wears too much fake tan and goes around telling lies all of the time. If he lived down the road they'd think he was daft!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

**** is not adding up!!!

Shenanigans.

Of course when cheating you make sure that the results are going to be so close that you could still loose when the manual count happens, and you also forget to fix the results for the house and senate as well.

If the democrats have cheated then they are worse at it than Trump was at being presidential and behaving like an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

J2CVC wrote: »
    Hint: There's no voter fraud that'll save Donny

I know, rationally though (probably not applicable here) if you think there's fraud, you protect democracy and argue it! Absolute soundbite/tweet character!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Vcu3656 wrote: »
    Read my reply to the other response. Your a fool and just plain wrong. Every accomplishment is true and has been fact checked. As I said before, I live here, you do not, I live under the Trump administration, you do not, I work in the DC political world, you do not. I don’t like him but he’s accomplished much of what he said he would,
    You may not like what he’s done or you may hate him personally but what I posted is factually correct.

It's all fake. Everything is fake. You're probably not even real. Am I real? Who knows? Maybe I'm an AI reincarnation of Clippy?

tenor.gif

Remember him?

**** is not adding up!!!

Shenanigans.

Let me get this straight, Liverpool scored 2 goals against Aston Villa last season and won, but this season they scored 3 goals and lost!

Shenanigans!!!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Yes, but lets say 6 ballots go to a household, but history shows only the wife votes in person during an election, but suddenly all ballots are filled out and returned by wife.

And by law you have to call them 6 votes for Biden, when in fact no one else cared to vote, or would have done normally. How do you regulate that, what happened in that household?

Lets say wife filled out all 6, and does a drive by drop off out her car window into a box a guy is holding on side of street.

That compared to voting in person, having to prove who you are, ID ect.

You can't really - But for it to make a difference in an election where millions of votes are cast in a single State , you need to have literally thousands and thousands of this "wife" doing as you imagine.

As has been repeatedly explained , no one is saying that fraud cannot happen , what we are saying - supported by decades of factual evidence is that it does not happen at anything even remotely close the the scale required for it to make the slightest difference to a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,202 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

So true.

The way he behaved towards and spoke about John McCain for example really showed him up for what he was.
    John McCain was literally the polar opposite of him.
    A classy, decent, honest man, who entered politics because he wanted to make a difference.
    Oh yeah and an actual war hero, not someone who dodged the draft, five times as you said.

It's pretty ironic that the way Trump treated McCain has likely come back to bite him on the @rse as he looks like he will lose Arizona!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

100% agree. He's an obese old man who wears too much fake tan and goes around telling lies all of the time. If he lived down the road they'd think he was daft!

Meh, his appearance I don't mind. If he was a woman they would be going nuts over people commenting on her appearance and how they don't do that to men etc etc

It's his incompetence, his stupidity, his clear mental illness etc etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

**** is not adding up!!!

Wait, you've found the smoking gun. Have you tried contacting Donald Trump with your explosive news? This is going to blow things wide open.

The only explanation is....... well, it speaks for itself doesn't it? You'll get a medal of honour for this! Congratulations!

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    You can't really - But for it to make a difference in an election where millions of votes are cast in a single State , you need to have literally thousands and thousands of this "wife" doing as you imagine.

As has been repeatedly explained , no one is saying that fraud cannot happen , what we are saying - supported by decades of factual evidence is that it does not happen at anything even remotely close the the scale required for it to make the slightest difference to a result.

Not forgetting it will happen on both sides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

robinph wrote: »
    Of course when cheating you make sure that the results are going to be so close that you could still loose when the manual count happens, and you also forget to fix the results for the house and senate as well.

If the democrats have cheated then they are worse at it than Trump was at being presidential and behaving like an adult.

Just talking here but when you cheat you do as little as possible to win because the risk rises with the amount required.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Hes "rich" too - thats the American dream right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Updated version ha.

There some truth here. At what point in the game will Trump concede or will he ever? If he refuses to leave the military and law enforcement. may have to remove him. That's when things could get wild. Everyone hoping here Trump will accept his lost and move on, but if that never happens, US enters uncharted territory with a sitting president deciding to stay in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭salad17

**** is not adding up!!!

Shenanigans.

This election was so much more important than previous elections and there was a massive mobilization for it, and the response was the same from the other side, in an America that has been divided by Trump. Add to that the convenience of mail in ballots. Equals a much higher voter turnout. It's not suspicious, it was expected beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

gmisk wrote: »
    So true.

The way he behaved towards and spoke about John McCain for example really showed him up for what he was.
    John McCain was literally the polar opposite of him.
    A classy, decent, honest man, who entered politics because he wanted to make a difference.
    Oh yeah and an actual war hero, not someone who dodged the draft, five times as you said.

It's pretty ironic that the way Trump treated McCain has likely come back to bite him on the @rse as he looks like he will lose Arizona!

100% McCain was a man who put his life on the line for his country, I respected him, listen to how he handled it when he lost to Obama, a real man, it’s impossible to to have that respect for Trump given his draft dodging past because his daddy was a billionaire and got him out of signing up for Vietnam, McCains getting his revenge on Donald from beyond the grave!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

There some truth here. At what point in the game will Trump concede or will he ever? If he refuses to leave the military and law enforcement. may have to remove him. That's when things could get wild. Everyone hoping here Trump will accept his lost and move on, but if that never happens, US enters uncharted territory with a sitting president deciding to stay in power.

CNN saying that reality is setting in with the Trump administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

he cant decide to stay in power - the presidency transfers to the winner of the election on Jan 20th - end of. Trump can move into the Oval office if he likes its just an office.

E36Ross wrote: »
    Any truth in the software glitch? Affected 6000 votes in 1 county and apparently its used in 47 others.

Hard to find a credit source, But the same story has been listed on a few pages if you Google it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/6184097002

No - It was a one off glitch caused by a duff USB key, which was spotted and corrected almost immediately - I don't even think the incorrect number was even announced

The Election officer also pointed out that the error would have been caught in later rounds of validation anyway so there is zero chance that the same error happened elsewhere and was missed.

**** is not adding up!!!

Shenanigans.

Trump gets more votes. Fine.
    Biden gets more votes. Shenanigans!!!

You're in deep, I hope you didn't donate too much to Trump's election fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,704 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Maricopa County to release tabulation for additional "tens of thousands" of votes at 9 PM ET, per NYT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement