Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Looks like Trump lost 7 court cases in Pennsylvania alone today. Absolute embarrassment.

Tired of all this winning

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Narcisstic idiot. Textbook.

But anyway it is over now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

robinph wrote: »
    Even his own investigation setup whilst he was president and not at risk of losing another election for nearly 4 more years and tasked with finding evidence of the 2 million fake votes for Hillary Clinton that meant he lost despite winning in 2016 couldn't find any evidence of it having happened. They didn't have the deadline of an impending inauguration to work to either, could take all the time they wanted... Yet nothing was found.

Every vote he is part of, if it's to become a candidate, a president, to win a TV award... Anything at all... Before the voting even happens he'll claim the system is rigged against him and then continue claiming so after he loses. It was such a habit already by 2016 though that he couldn't help claiming he'd been cheated even when he'd won.

was it not the dems that alleged that for 4 years, and were furiously looking for evidence re russia?

as for this time round...i think its pretty apparent that there was no wide spread fraud against him.

i dont know trump's personal affairs, and the suggestions that the presidency kept the wolves at bay.
    i do think, that if that were the case, he would have had graciously accepted defeat and hope that biden would honour the unwritten rule not to go after past presidents.

based on that, its his ego that is preventing him from conceding. or else he feels it in his bones he was ripped off, which is prob a symptom of ego as well.

i'm a trump supporter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Beholders

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Someone I know over there, who admittedly voted for Trump, has gotten multiple emails from their campaign asking for money. In the fine print, over half of the money is going to pay for his campaign debt and will not be used in any further court cases etc.

Those emails look so spammy and horrendous too. They say things like "donate $5 and increase your impact by 1000%" and "1000% offer: active." They're like bloody pop-up advertisements.

Yes this, I took a look at the Trump page, and it really is a webpage that is in your face, infact it is quite difficult to actually see anything without making a donation, I had to pretend I was making a donation so as I could see the rest of the website, but it certainly seemed offer the top. Very much a closed shop, donate or we don't want to know you. And that to me is very aggressive advertisement and also an old boy club manipulation. But in fairness I expected nothing less

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

was it not the dems that alleged that for 4 years, and were furiously looking for evidence re russia?

as for this time round...i think its pretty apparent that there was no wide spread fraud against him.

i dont know trump's personal affairs, and the suggestions that the presidency kept the wolves at bay.
    i do think, that if that were the case, he would have had graciously accepted defeat and hope that biden would honour the unwritten rule not to go after past presidents.

based on that, its his ego that is preventing him from conceding. or else he feels it in his bones he was ripped off, which is prob a symptom of ego as well.

You can support him as he spends the rest of his life in court. Just nine lawsuits waiting for him in New York, ready to kick in once he becomes Mr Trump. Think of it as your Dear Leader fighting for the ordinary man and you'll be grand.

• Advertisement

Someone I know over there, who admittedly voted for Trump, has gotten multiple emails from their campaign asking for money. In the fine print, over half of the money is going to pay for his campaign debt and will not be used in any further court cases etc.

Those emails look so spammy and horrendous too. They say things like "donate $5 and increase your impact by 1000%" and "1000% offer: active." They're like bloody pop-up advertisements.

is that a stick to beat trump with? here's what happens when you donate to biden:

allocation of donations:
    $142,000/$60,000 the DNC, $2,800/$5,000 to the Biden for President Recount Account, and any additional funds to the DNC, subject to applicable contribution limits.

(not sure what that means exactly)

By providing your phone number you consent to receive recurring and/or automated text messages and calls from Biden for President and the DNC. Msg. and data rates may apply.

so that there is charging for spam messages. is there is difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

In the past few hours Kayleigh McEnneny stated that Trump will actually attend the 2021 inauguration. :eek:

His own inauguration. Not sure how that's going to work lol. :rolleyes:

Beholders wrote: »
    Yes this, I took a look at the Trump page, and it really is a webpage that is in your face, infact it is quite difficult to actually see anything without making a donation, I had to pretend I was making a donation so as I could see the rest of the website, but it certainly seemed offer the top. Very much a closed shop, donate or we don't want to know you. And that to me is very aggressive advertisement and also an old boy club manipulation. But in fairness I expected nothing less

https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/#

go there. whats the 1st pop up?

mun1 wrote: »
    306-232 landslide ! Embarrassment for trump and his cult. There’s a rock waiting for each of you to slide back under.
    LETS GO JOE !

Imagine if the Dems had spent 4 years developing policy instead of trying to invalidate last election, what the score would be

Yeah have been talking to friends over there that also work in cyber security and they are also seeing scammer mails with the text cut and pasted and just a malicious link for the payment.
    So far however they haven't seen either the scammer or the legitimate email get past the spam control on the gateways that they use.

• Advertisement

You can support him as he spends the rest of his life in court. Just nine lawsuits waiting for him in New York, ready to kick in once he becomes Mr Trump. Think of it as your Dear Leader fighting for the ordinary man and you'll be grand.

thats why i suggested that that is not the reason he wont concede. with those looming investigations, do you not think he would try to cozy up with biden?

if that were the reason he would concede. its his ego

robinph wrote: »
    Even his own investigation setup whilst he was president and not at risk of losing another election for nearly 4 more years and tasked with finding evidence of the 2 million fake votes for Hillary Clinton that meant he lost despite winning in 2016 couldn't find any evidence of it having happened. They didn't have the deadline of an impending inauguration to work to either, could take all the time they wanted... Yet nothing was found.

Every vote he is part of, if it's to become a candidate, a president, to win a TV award... Anything at all... Before the voting even happens he'll claim the system is rigged against him and then continue claiming so after he loses. It was such a habit already by 2016 though that he couldn't help claiming he'd been cheated even when he'd won.

Seem to remember him having a tantrum about that back in 2018 when he disbanded the commission alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

thats why i suggested that that is not the reason he wont concede. with those looming investigations, do you not think he would try to cozy up with biden?

if that were the reason he would concede. its his ego

Biden has stated categorically that he will not grant Trump any pardons. He's fighting for his ego but he's also fighting to stay out of court for another four years. But it doesn't matter what he thinks now. He's yesterday's man and he's toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Bloody democrats, always be cheating..

c7pd0s063xy51.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,589 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bush v Gore, Bush v Kerry, Carter v Ford, Nixon v Kennedy. They were all closer off the top of my head.
    So not many then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

vojiwox wrote: »
    Did he except questions after?

No.

Does anyone know who were the others who took the podium. It was highly inappropriate for a military man to heap praise on the president in a partisan way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

What if Trump decided to go crazy? Declare martial law, refused to authorize necessary actions... what would happen?

Ok My first statement, here in Ireland we didn't vote in the US elections, why cause we are Irish.

Secondly it really doesn't matter who you support, or what flavor you are in regards this election.

Thirdly and probably what worries me the most is that Biden is very much being a president, But Trump is having a hiss fit, yes that is common knowledge. But where I actually have a concern is, if Donald actually calls on his voters, to stand up and fight for him. Now I release out of 70 million people who voted for him, most of them wont, but if 5% followed his lead with this, that is 2.5 million people, particular because they are bunker squirrels (base on what I seen ( well armed and can last for days, but have being waiting for this moment) So yes as far as I can see, the US is close to civil war and if it happens the main cause is Donald Trump and not being able to deal with things as an Adult. There is a reason we don't give this amount of power to a child but yet the world did, and I mean the world not just Americans. A child generally showing this much of a sore loserness should have being educated by the age of 8. Lose is it that important so don't make it important to you, or losing is just important to you and not the rest of the world. and yes that is something to do with me losing my parents. Basically losing is a part of live, we always lose (just time does that), it is learning how to grow from that is what is important.

Biden has stated categorically that he will not grant Trump any pardons. He's fighting for his ego but he's also fighting to stay out of court for another four years. But it doesn't matter what he thinks now. He's yesterday's man and he's toast.

didnt realise that TBH. there's so many good vids on youtube of ex-presidents ripping the piss out of each other while interviewing together. its quite charming really. its all in good sport.

trump i fear has burnt that bridge. :(

off topic a bit, but re his tax returns allegedly only paying $750 dollars. is there anyone here that wouldn't work within the tax law to minimise tax they have to pay? (there could well be something nefarious with trumps tax returns and if so the IRS will do their job in that regard).

our top leaders for example....i would guess most dont pay any tax due to making pension contributions. very basically (in ireland) if you pay tax of €4,000, and make a pension contribution of €10,000 that tax will be refunded to you. everyone in ireland, who knows that and has the cash, does that exact thing. bit off topic i realise.

the net result is: pay tax of €4000: net cash outflow: -€4,000
    or
    make a pension contribution of €10,000. get a tax refund of €4,000.
    net cash outflow: -€6,000. but you have an extra 10k in your pension. a no brainer i think. (apologies, waaay of topic!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Already, there are about a hundred people gathered near the White House in anticipation of tomorrow’s Million MAGA March, complete with Trump flags and decked out cars. And the Infowars truck has been spotted downtown with people in combat-style gear sitting in the trunk. (Report from four hours ago.)

A march on the capital. Mussolini would approve.

• Advertisement

is that a stick to beat trump with? here's what happens when you donate to biden:

allocation of donations:
    $142,000/$60,000 the DNC, $2,800/$5,000 to the Biden for President Recount Account, and any additional funds to the DNC, subject to applicable contribution limits.

(not sure what that means exactly)

By providing your phone number you consent to receive recurring and/or automated text messages and calls from Biden for President and the DNC. Msg. and data rates may apply.

so that there is charging for spam messages. is there is difference?

You need to look up the definition of spam mail. If you consent to receiving messages from someone/an organisation then they aren't spam.

In the cases that my friends in the U.S. are seeing, the mails from the trump campaign and the scammers are unsolicited as their companies have strict policies on not using work related email addresses for registering accounts with third party sites, or using work devices for personal browsing, with AI scanning of various logs for compliance and anyone found to be in breach of these policies face disciplinary action including dismissal.

Now scammers can of course gather email addresses from sites like hunter.io, and others, so given that in the U.S. people can be fired pretty easily, do you think that they would be willing to potentially lose their job by providing their work email address to either the trump election campaign or scammers?

You would also have to ignore the fact that in two of the cases, my friends aren't eligible to vote in the U.S. as they are Irish citizens over there on work visas but are receiving mails from the trump campaign addressed to their work email begging for money or that apparently the entire legal and technical departments in one company are apparently trump voters.
    they aren't

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What if Trump decided to go crazy? Declare martial law, refused to authorize necessary actions... what would happen?

Military tells him.to go F$#@ himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

feargale wrote: »
    Already, there are about a hundred people gathered near the White House in anticipation of tomorrow’s Million MAGA March, complete with Trump flags and decked out cars. And the Infowars truck has been spotted downtown with people in combat-style gear sitting in the trunk. (Report from four hours ago.)

A march on the capital. Mussolini would approve.

Awaiting swift condemnation and suddenly giving a damn about COVID from those that were quick to criticise last Saturday's celebrations..

Don't all rush in at once now!

Ok My first statement, here in Ireland we didn't vote in the US elections, why cause we are Irish.

i'm not sure what that means? or rather, its relevance to my post?

Secondly it really doesn't matter who you support, or what flavor you are in regards this election.

I know, i just like to be clear when making a point so people know where my biases lies.

Thirdly and probably what worries me the most is that Biden is very much being a president, But Trump is having a hiss fit, yes that is common knowledge. But where I actually have a concern is, if Donald actually calls on his voters, to stand up and fight for him. Now I release out of 70 million people who voted for him, most of them wont, but if 5% followed his lead with this, that is 2.5 million people, particular because they are bunker squirrels (base on what I seen ( well armed and can last for days, but have being waiting for this moment) So yes as far as I can see, the US is close to civil war and if it happens the main cause is Donald Trump and not being able to deal with things as an Adult. There is a reason we don't give this amount of power to a child but yet the world did, and I mean the world not just Americans. A child generally showing this much of a sore loserness should have being educated by the age of 8. Lose is it that important so don't make it important to you, or lose is just important to you and not the rest of the world. and yes that is something to do with me losing my parents.

i would hazard a guess that maybe .005% would be like that. not 2.5m, but more like 2500. you really think 2.5m americans are gonna go to war?

in a more general sense, would you advocate limiting the power of the US president? no way will there be an outright civil war, there will be killings no doubt from a tiny fraction of the fringe right. but the same is true for the fringe left.

You would also have to ignore the fact that in two of the cases, my friends aren't eligible to vote in the U.S. as they are Irish citizens over there on work visas but are receiving mails from the trump campaign addressed to their work email begging for money or that apparently the entire legal and technical departments in one company are apparently trump voters.
    they aren't
    [/QUOTE]

Of course that would happen, basically because they can't vote, basically it was a good election, just Trump throw out his dolls from the pram. But what worries me is he isn't allowing the president elect to do his job for all Americans.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    You need to look up the definition of spam mail. If you consent to receiving messages from someone/an organisation then they aren't spam.

In the cases that my friends in the U.S. are seeing, the mails from the trump campaign and the scammers are unsolicited as their companies have strict policies on not using work related email addresses for registering accounts with third party sites, or using work devices for personal browsing, with AI scanning of various logs for compliance and anyone found to be in breach of these policies face disciplinary action including dismissal.

Now scammers can of course gather email addresses from sites like hunter.io, and others, so given that in the U.S. people can be fired pretty easily, do you think that they would be willing to potentially lose their job by providing their work email address to either the trump election campaign or scammers?

they aren't

your friend voted for trump got emails asking for money from the trump campaign.

biden does the exact same. as you say, if you consent it ain't spam, maybe your friend donated to trump?

are those unwarranted emails from trump (or his campaign) or from scammers looking to make a quick book?

and everyone uses their work computer for personal browsing. that's a fact of human laziness!

re you're 2 friends, i would ask them to contact IT. I would hazard a guess that their work has blocked official trump email addresses. they must be scammers.

your friend voted for trump got emails asking for money from the trump campaign.

biden does the exact same. as you say, if you consent it ain't spam, maybe your friend donated to trump?

are those unwarranted emails from trump (or his campaign) or from scammers looking to make a quick book?

and everyone uses their work computer for personal browsing. that's a fact of human laziness!

re you're 2 friends, i would ask them to contact IT. I would hazard a guess that their work has blocked official trump email addresses. they must be scammers.

you may want to reread his post, cause that wasn't what he was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Trump's shambolic handling of Covid and the USA economy built on sand has bore fruit in the form of this election. Joe Biden won a race reasonably comfortably despite the Dem party wasting 2 years picking a candidate, only to land on the VP of the administration that made Trump possible. The fact Trump couldn't overcome such a woeful candidate speaks to his own inadequacies which really should get further examination beyond "Covid cost Donald Trump the election!?!?"

He's a moron and with a dash of luck he will disappear out of public life and go die privately, however given his record I don't think that's likely.

you may want to reread his post, cause that wasn't what he was saying.

i'm after a few drinks and clearly read them wrong :p what was he saying?

• Advertisement

Your either having trouble reading my post, for personal reasons or your going on a repeat cycle like your policy posts a while ago.

Nope not the same as Biden in this cases as the emails are unsolicited, and not consented to, hence are spam.

As stated in my post the companies that they work for have strict policies on the use of work email address and personal devices, which are monitored an and breach of the policies lead to disciplinary action.

Re my two friends, they are part of the cyber security teams for two different companies, they set and monitor the spam policies on the email gateways for their companies, and as per my post the mails are from both the trump campaign and scammers, both are blocked as spam as they are unsolicited.
    They also have browsing restricted on work devices, so no people aren't browsing sites at random out of laziness, to gain access to a site that isn't on their white list a member of staff has to submit the site to the them and the business justification for access.

Also your ignoring the fact that that it's unlikely that the entire staff of two different departments in an organization are both trump supporters and went against their company policies to use their work email address to sign up to the trump campaign.

Other friends over there are American and also working in the same field. It's of course entirely possible that one or two might be trump supporters, but again they aren't likely to break their company policies, not everyone is that thick, and are reporting similar spam from the trump campaign.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement