Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

eagle eye wrote: »
    So not many then.

Like I said, those were the ones I could remember off the top of my head. I’m sure there are others.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Your either having trouble reading my post, perhaps I'm not being clear or your going on a repeat cycle like your policy posts a while ago,.

Nope not the same as Biden in this cases as the emails are unsolicited, and not consented to, hence are spam.

As stated in my post the companies that they work for have strict policies on the use of work email address and personal devices, which are monitored an and breach of the policies lead to disciplinary action.

Re my two friends, they are part of the cyber security teams for two different companies, they set and monitor the spam policies on the email gateways for their companies, and as per my post the mails are from both the trump campaign and scammers, both are blocked as spam as they are unsolicited.
    They also have browsing restricted on work devices, so no people aren't browsing sites at random out of laziness, to gain access to a site that isn't on their white list a member of staff has to submit the site to the them and the business justification for access.

Also your ignoring the fact that that it's unlikely that the entire staff of two different departments in an organization are both trump supporters and went against their company policies to use their work email address to sign up to the trump campaign.

Other friends over there are American and also working in the same field. It's of course entirely possible that one or two might be trump supporters, but again they aren't likely to break their company policies, not everyone is that thick, and are reporting similar spam from the trump campaign.

yeah, i said to a previous poster i may have misread.

so if they're blocked how are people receiving them? 3 options that i can see:
    they are not
    they are with cyber security failing
    they are with cyber security being overwritten by mgmt

as an aside i still have a legit question re bidens policies. a 7% increase in CT. look how hard we still fight to defend our own low corporate tax rate. given up 14billion so as not to lose the job creating companies.

Like I said, those were the ones I could remember off the top of my head. I’m sure there are others.

since JFK which was your starting point in think, i think its 5 of the last 11 or 45%, so pretty common.

prior to that i don't think it happened. just goes to show the changing landscape of politics

yeah, i said to a previous poster i may have misread.

so if they're blocked how are people receiving them? 3 options that i can see:
    they are not
    they are with cyber security failing
    they are with cyber security being overwritten by mgmt

as an aside i still have a legit question re bidens policies. a 7% increase in CT. look how hard we still fight to defend our own low corporate tax rate. given up 14billion so as not to lose the job creating companies.

So on repeat cycle I see.
    They are blocked by the gateways as spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Beholders

Trump's shambolic handling of Covid and the USA economy built on sand has bore fruit in the form of this election. Joe Biden won a race reasonably comfortably despite the Dem party wasting 2 years picking a candidate, only to land on the VP of the administration that made Trump possible. The fact Trump couldn't overcome such a woeful candidate speaks to his own inadequacies which really should get further examination beyond "Covid cost Donald Trump the election!?!?"

He's a moron and with a dash of luck he will disappear out of public life and go die privately, however given his record I don't think that's likely.

I'm wondering why you appear to be sitting in a corner, your view point is as equal to anyone elses.

• Advertisement

i'll give you that, maybe! was meant to be playing COD but the fecking thing keeps crashing on me. it was mentioned in the post i was responding to, hence why i put it as an aside.

lets be more specific, do you think an increase in CT to 28% is a good thing. which is an increase of 33% on the current rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

CNN have a currently live program called What Matters where they are figuratively pouring petrol over Trump and setting light to him. I have never in my life seen anything like it. They are taking some glee in reporting Biden now has 306 E College votes, the same margin Trump had in 2016 and loudly claimed was a landslide.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,176 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Any process made easier, and any process you can do in the comfort of your own home, will result in more people doing it. Trump lost because of strategy, in hindsight he should have egged his base on to request, fill out, and return 100m ballots. Instead he advised them not to use any, some did of course, but not many.
    It was old school voting v new modern easy to do voting.

cnocbui wrote: »
    CNN have a currently Live program called What MAtter where they are figuratively pouring petrol over Trump and setting light to him. I have never in my life seen anything like it. They are taking some glee in reporting Biden now has 306 E College votes, the same margin Trump had in 2016 and loudly claimed was a landslide.

dont matter. the 4th pillar have so much power now they can do as they choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Given the ludicrously high vote count for Trump, I don't think how they voted makes a difference, in oter words, I don't think people didn't vote because of the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Any process made easier, and any process you can do in the comfort of your own home, will result in more people doing it. Trump lost because of strategy, in hindsight he should have egged his base on to request, fill out, and return 100m ballots. Instead he advised them not to use any, some did of course, but not many.
    It was old school voting v new modern easy to do voting.
    The scary thing is that he likely easily would have won if he hadn't done this.

To me that just shows the razor's edge democracy hinges on over there. The Democrats are really going to have to rally support if he doesn't kak it in the next four years.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

was it not the dems that alleged that for 4 years, and were furiously looking for evidence re russia?

Nope. Two entirely different sets of claims, but Trump tries to confuse the claims.

Trump has been claiming in this election, and in 2016 and any other time he loses something, that there must be a load of fake votes created and added to the counts in some way as that is the only way he can lose.

What was claimed in the Russia investigation was that foreign money was funding the political advertising for Trump and that foreign agencies were involved in the disinformation campaign on the likes of Facebook and Twitter. Its not been claimed that there were fake or fraudulent votes made for Trump or that there was problems with the counting of the results.

Both are illegal as far as any countries elections are concerned, although different countries will have variations in campaign finance rules, mostly foreigners cannot be involved in the financing or influencing of the election in anyway. It's definitely not that the Democrats were previously making the claims that Trump is now. I doubt he understands the difference though, and he probably doesn't understand where his funding money came from at any point.

They are blocked by the gateways as spam.

i'm confused here (granted i've clue nothing about how this works).

if they are blocked, why are they still getting through?

robinph wrote: »
    Nope. Two entirely different sets of claims, but Trump tries to confuse the claims.

Trump has been claiming in this election, and in 2016 and any other time he loses something, that there must be a load of fake votes created and added to the counts in some way as that is the only way he can lose.

What was claimed in the Russia investigation was that foreign money was funding the political advertising for Trump and that foreign agencies were involved in the disinformation campaign on the likes of Facebook and Twitter. Its not been claimed that there were fake or fraudulent votes made for Trump or that there was problems with the counting of the results.

Both are illegal as far as any countries elections are concerned, although different countries will have variations in campaign finance rules, mostly foreigners cannot be involved in the financing or influencing of the election in anyway. It's definitely not that the Democrats were previously making the claims that Trump is now. I doubt he understands the difference though, and he probably doesn't understand where his funding money came from at any point.

he hardly claimed the election in 2016 was rigged?

do you think the same level of scrutiny should be applied to biden?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

he hardly claimed the election in 2016 was rigged?

do you think the same level of scrutiny should be applied to biden?

Yep, Trump claimed that 2016 was rigged with fraudulent votes. He still believes that 2 million fake votes from illegal immigrants were why Clinton beat him in the popular vote. He is that mad with all his claims.

Should Biden be scrutinised, of course. Which wild and baseless claims has Biden made this week that people should be investigating?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Beholders wrote: »
    Yes this, I took a look at the Trump page, and it really is a webpage that is in your face, infact it is quite difficult to actually see anything without making a donation, I had to pretend I was making a donation so as I could see the rest of the website, but it certainly seemed offer the top. Very much a closed shop, donate or we don't want to know you. And that to me is very aggressive advertisement and also an old boy club manipulation. But in fairness I expected nothing less

I find most of the political advertising over there to be quite tacky and in your face. It's all very flashy; they don't seem to enjoy minimalism and the more bright colours and flashing lights the better they seem to think it is.

Just took a look at the Trump page myself and I can see exactly what you mean. They aren't shy about asking for money.
    is that a stick to beat trump with?

Of course it's not a stick to beat him with. He isn't writing these emails personally or designing the graphics for them; he might be giving input to the process but you can tell from the language and tone that it's not him being quoted verbatim in most of them. The blame for that is on the marketing team he hired.

If I were in his position, I'd be asking questions about the direction these emails have taken and if this is really helping his image or making his claims about the election being rigged believable. I sometimes wonder if his own team is out to sabotage him when I see things like this. They are 100% not helping the man.

robinph wrote: »
    Yep, Trump claimed that 2016 was rigged with fraudulent votes. He still believes that 2 million fake votes from illegal immigrants were why Clinton beat him in the popular vote. He is that mad with all his claims.

Should Biden be scrutinised, of course. Which wild and baseless claims has Biden made this week that people should be investigating?

i suppose that goes to show the ego.

essentially..'you won, congrats, etc'...'well i didn't win well enough!'

now i must say, i've only heard democrats say the 2016 election was rigged.

nothing this week, just hold him to the same standards. i hope the media do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

What about the millions of votes Trump set up an investigation into? He said they were made by illegal immigrants and dead people in 2016

The probe then quietly closed as it found no evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

i suppose that goes to show the ego.

essentially..'you won, congrats, etc'...'well i didn't win well enough!'

nothing this week, just hold him to the same standards. i hope the media do the same.

Democrats have never claimed the 2016 election was rigged, your confusing this with the claims it was "interfered with" specifically via russian money and propaganda on social media, they both alter the election but in very different ways.

Rigged implies institutional corruption to change peoples votes between the polling station and the count centre or just adjust the results themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

VinLieger wrote: »
    Democrats have never claimed the 2016 election was rigged, your confusing this with the claims it was "interfered with" specifically via russian money and propaganda on social media, they both alter the election but in very different ways.

Rigged implies institutional corruption to change peoples votes between the polling station and the count centre or just adjust the results themselves.

I keep seeing this impotent semantic argument. If they both alter the election then they are essentially the same thing.

• Advertisement

I keep seeing this impotent semantic argument. If they both alter the election then they are essentially the same thing.

LOL, a car and a bike both get me where i need to go and are therefore essentially the same thing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

No, they're really not.

One is outside sources attempting to influence the public.

The other is corrupt insiders fiddling the results.

Why would anyone pretend they are the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Hoop66

No they are not.

One is claiming, with plenty of evidence, that malicious actors played a part in the outcome of the 2016 election by using social media etc.
    The other is claiming, without any evidence, that the core of American democracy, the voting system, is corrupt and able to be manipulated for political gain.

If you can’t see the difference, then perhaps discussions on politics are not for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

feargale wrote: »
    No.

Does anyone know who were the others who took the podium. It was highly inappropriate for a military man to heap praise on the president in a partisan way.

General Perna and Dr. Slaoui

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Words mean nothing to trump and his defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,825 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This is, no doubt, a guy some on here listen to as the truth teller - Lou Dobbs.

Notwithstanding the fact that he's full of BS, he is fuming that the GOP aren't doing enough to help trump.

Nunes is a weasel. His response is... bizarre.

It is great watching them turn on each other

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1327383182661054465?s=19

everlast75 wrote: »
    This is, no doubt, a guy some on here listen to as the truth teller - Lou Dobbs.

Notwithstanding the fact that he's full of BS, he is fuming that the GOP aren't doing enough to help trump.

Nunes is a weasel. His response is... bizarre.

It is great watching them turn on each other

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1327383182661054465?s=19

Hannity Carlson and Ingram are all just in it to make a quick buck imo, but watching dobbs i cant help but think he honestly believes everything hes saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hannity Carlson and Ingram are all just in it to make a quick buck imo, but watching dobbs i cant help but think he honestly believes everything hes saying.

Either that or he's the best actor of the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Did Donald give an update on the bleach injection therapy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

vojiwox wrote: »
    Words mean nothing to trump and his defenders.

The truth has a liberal bias!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement