Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,044 ✭✭✭✭briany

Let's put this very simply:-

If Trump manages to retain the presidency through open denial and legislature, then why should the Democrats accept votes to elect a Republican president in the future, and not attempt to subvert the democratic process as Trump and (some of) the Republicans are doing, right now? If this works for Trump, there's no reason he or someone else copying his style wouldn't try it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

On a side note did anyone notice Donald has stopped dying his hair and it’s now grey, is this a sign he’s conceded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Boggles wrote: »
    Did Donald give an update on the bleach injection therapy?

He did indeed:

"As a result of operation Warpspeed, Pfizer announced that its China Virus vaccine is more than 90% effective. This far exceeds any and all expectations - nobody thought they would get to that level... in July my administration reached an agreement with Pfizer to provide 1.95 billion dollars to support the mass manufacturing and distribution of 100 million doses with the option to purchase 600 million doses thereafter. Our investment will make it possible for the vaccine to be provided by Pfizer free of charge."

I can see this playing out like so... If the vaccine (that was made possible by President Trump) is effective, Biden will take all the credit. If Bidens planned nationwide shutdown goes ahead, he will blame the inevitable economic catastrophe on President Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

briany wrote: »
    Let's put this very simply:-

If Trump manages to retain the presidency through open denial and legislature, then why should the Democrats accept votes to elect a Republican president in the future, and not attempt to subvert the democratic process as Trump and (some of) the Republicans are doing, right now? If this works for Trump, there's no reason he or someone else copying his style wouldn't try it again.

Because if they win this time they intend to subvert the system so hard that a democratic victory will be all but impossible to achieve goibg forward.

He did indeed:

"As a result of operation Warpspeed, Pfizer announced that its China Virus vaccine is more than 90% effective. This far exceeds any and all expectations - nobody thought they would get to that level... in July my administration reached an agreement with Pfizer to provide 1.95 billion dollars to support the mass manufacturing and distribution of 100 million doses with the option to purchase 600 million doses thereafter. Our investment will make it possible for the vaccine to be provided by Pfizer free of charge."

I can see this playing out like so... If the vaccine (that was made possible by President Trump) is effective, Biden will take all the credit. If Bidens planned nationwide shutdown goes ahead, he will blame the inevitable economic catastrophe on President Trump.

Pfizer have clearly stated they were not part of operation warpspeed. This was developed in Germany using German funding and Trumps deserves zero credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He did indeed:

You're refeering to the Berlin funded vaccine developed in Germany right??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

VinLieger wrote: »
    Pfizer have clearly stated they were not part of operation warpspeed. This was developed in Germany using German funding and Trumps deserves zero credit.

Are you suggesting Trump is taking credit for something that he didn’t do? Well I for one am shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,825 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

He did indeed:

Why bother posting something like this, which is so easily debunked by selecting any article on page 1 of Google after a search?

Seriously, why?

No one is being convinced by such weak sauce arguments.

So according to trump 304 is a landslide

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/928325667556548608?s=19

What's 306 then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Yesterday Trump said:
    'Pfizer said it wasn’t part of Warp Speed, but that turned out to be a unfortunate misrepresentation.  They are part.  That’s why we gave them the $1.95 million — billion dollars. '

Is this definitely not true? I don't believe Pfizer have received this money. I think there is an agreement that if they get a successful vaccine approved then US will buy it. Hardly revolutionary thinking :)

Is he lying here saying they gave them 1.95 billion?

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    Why bother posting something like this, which is so easily debunked by selecting any article on page 1 of Google after a search?

Seriously, why?

No one is being convinced by such weak sauce arguments.

Lemme guess, poster will have a revelation once their post is a misrepresentation of actual events, will profess niavety on the subject despite writing a long winded post, and then stand corrected.

Nice story isn't it?

Except they will repeat the same process a few pages down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I can see this playing out like so... If the vaccine (that was made possible by President Trump

Dear leader lies again and you swallow it again. Sad.

vojiwox wrote: »
    Yesterday Trump said:
    'Pfizer said it wasn’t part of Warp Speed, but that turned out to be a unfortunate misrepresentation. They are part. That’s why we gave them the $1.95 million — billion dollars. '

Is this definitely not true? I don't believe Pfizer have received this money. I think there is an agreement that if they get a successful vaccine approved then US will buy it. Hardly revolutionary thinking :)

Is he lying here saying they gave them 1.95 billion?

He hasn't given them anything yet, they've signed a contract to buy a number of vaccines for 1.95 billion just like the EU and every other country on the planet are doing for several different versions of the vaccine, this is not the same as funding or helping in the research in any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Pfizer vaccine is a two dose ,booster shots required in between, stored at minus 70 half decent first attempt.

Watch out for J+Js upcoming vaccine. It will be 3 steps above Pfizer

Pfizer vaccine is a two dose ,booster shots required in between, stored at minus 70 half decent first attempt.

Watch out for J+Js upcoming vaccine. It will be 3 steps above Pfizer

What's 3 steps above mean?

He hasn't given them anything yet, they've signed a contract to buy a number of vaccines for 1.95 billion just like the EU and every other country on the planet are doing for several different versions of the vaccine, this is not the same as funding or helping in the research in any way.

Just what I thought. His constant lies are infuriating at this stage. How is he allowed to lie on the white house lawn again and again??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Imagine if the Dems had spent 4 years developing policy instead of trying to invalidate last election, what the score would be

Biden and the Democrats produced a 100 page policy platform for their convention.

Trump and the Republicans produced a one pager that said their policy was whatever Trump says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

vojiwox wrote: »
    What's 3 steps above mean?

Most likely single dose for starters. Less possible storage and transport difficulties too.

People have to return for a second Pfizer dose and the vaccine must be kept on storage at minus 70 c. This is a logistical nightmare. It's a good start but not good enough on a global scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Perhaps Trump can be put in charge of NASA ?

" Hey, can we, like, put a big spring on the rocket and go booing booing all the way to Mars ? "

• Registered Users Posts: 28,226 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Most likely single dose for starters..

I wouldn't bet on that there's no money in the cure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

He did indeed:

You are confused lad, I'm not talking about the vaccine he is falsely taking credit for.

I'm talking about his stable genius therapeutics.

Light and Toilet Duck.

I wouldn't bet on that there's no money in the cure.

Again your showing that you don't know what a vaccine is and how they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I like that he said we gave them 1.95 billion and they will give us the vaccine for free. It’s like years ago when the girl in Ulster bank told me if I paid 5 euro a month my transactions were free and I asked how something is free if I’ve paid 5 euro for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,825 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I think this comment nails it.

If both sides discuss facts, there wouldn't be this huge rift in American politics.

Both sides want good education for their kids, good affordable healthcare, safe neighbours, good jobs. They are all basic needs.

The difference is today more than ever, those facts are contorted to cause confusion and meanwhile 45 continues with the grift...

https://twitter.com/OrinKerr/status/1326988056759418880?s=19

A bit off topic but Wendover's video about the logistics of distributing a vaccine is very well made. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He did indeed:

413862.jpg?b64lines=VEhFIExFQURFUiBJUyBHT09ELCAKVEhFIExFQURFUiBJUyBHUkVBVC4KIFdFIFNVUlJFTkRFUiBPVVIKV0lMTCBBUyBPRiBUSElTIERBVEUu

• Registered Users Posts: 33,176 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

He did indeed:

....the above is a pack of lies...pfizer were not part of that programme.
    Trump had zero to do with that vaccine.
    Do you actually read up on anything before you post it?!
    Are you not embarrassed by the fact you do this constantly? You should be
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/11/mike-pence-pfizer-vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

everlast75 wrote: »

If both sides discuss facts, there wouldn't be this huge rift in American politics.

Both sides want good education for their kids, good affordable healthcare, safe neighbours, good jobs. They are all basic needs.

This is true of all countries.

It’s remarkable how poor humans are at communication and engagement on topics that they disagree on. I’m very aware of how frustrating it can be trying to reason with people who to be honest , I find it hard to respect their views on certain things. Sometimes I give up as they appear to be either not intelligent enough to discuss the topic or they aren’t interested in discussing it.

I’ve tried to use boards sometimes as an interesting place to understand human self delusion, self interest and look at why you get such divides. But in many instances you can identify where either side refuses to accept their own role in a problem. It’s usually down to neglect on some capacity.

Brexit , Trump - huge portions of population neglected by people doing ok with status quo “shut up and put up, the country is doing well, just do what we say and don’t be so stupid”. No efforts on the part of anti brexit/trump to address the concerns of those disillusioned.

FF, FG , HSE - corrupt and never properly fixed. These massive institutions are facilitated by the electorate that doesn’t care enough to make any meaningful change. And yet people on here whinging about them as if politicians and change in this country isn’t driven by the people voting for our governments.

Absolutely zero capacity for self reflection from people and no concept of personal responsibility. It’s always somebody else’s fault for things going wrong. If everybody focused on sweeping their proverbial side of the road and objectively looked at their role (inaction/apathy plays a role) in a problem in their life or society, the world would be a far better place.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Most likely single dose for starters. Less possible storage and transport difficulties too.

People have to return for a second Pfizer dose and the vaccine must be kept on storage at minus 70 c. This is a logistical nightmare. It's a good start but not good enough on a global scale.

This is a case of first across the line being the most important criteria due to time criticality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

gmisk wrote: »
    ....the above is a pack of lies...pfizer were not part of that programme.
    Trump had zero to do with that vaccine.
    Do you actually read up on anything before you post it?!
    Are you not embarrassed by the fact you do this constantly? You should be
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/11/mike-pence-pfizer-vaccine

There's no point, he'll disappear again for a few days, and post another misleading donald video out of nowhere.

I still haven't found out how much he has donated to the trump legal fund.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement