Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

DubInMeath wrote: »
    I'm sure Murdoch is sh1ting himself.

If they weren't so stupid, it's the Republicans who aught to be ****ting themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭briany

McEnany looks to be taking quite a gamble. If Trumpism takes over fully, she's in a good spot as a tried and tested loyalist. If Trumpism breaks under the current strain, she's looking down the barrel of irrelevance. I mean, yes being a pundit on Newsmax or something would probably earn someone a living, but it would have to be disappointing for someone like McEnany who has a pretty formidable resumé in terms of education. Harvard, Oxford, graduating top of her class in law school. She could be a serious professional instead of coming off like a bimbo going on the news to discredit herself by robotically defending every egregious lie that Trump tells. Not only defending, in fact, but aggressively pushing the lies.

Too late now, I think. She has to ride the ship wherever it goes. Onward to riches, or down to the bottom of the ocean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

They are still moving along the streets of Washington .

No businesses looted or buildings set on fire to report yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Maybe the police should check how they parked their cars and kill a couple for not paying. See if they just shrug and say thats fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

wow trump didnt' even have to have them gassed to get to play golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Are the cops off tonight? :confused:

Usually there baton charge, gas and arrest everyone, including reporters.

106557300-15907693822020-05-29t154337z_1221629755_rc2fyg9zrd1u_rtrmadp_0_minneapolis-police.jpeg?v=1590769498

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Boggles wrote: »
    Are the cops off tonight? :confused:

Usually there baton charge, gas and arrest everyone, including reporters.

On the contrary - pro Trump protesters are much more disciplined.

Though their political position is completely wrong, their convictions are not without merit. Their behaviour on the streets will be much better. They are pro-police, and a large proportion of ex military; and so will be well intentioned, disillusioned by decades of partisanship rather than being stereotypical rednecks.
    The conservative values are to treasure their country - smashing the place up is much more the liberals' style.

I watched an example of a police interaction today which showed the MAGA supporters stopping en masse to let a number of cops cross the street on bikes and the cops thanking them. It was all very pleasant.

Much as I hate to admit it, the crowds who are more politically moderate and preach tolerance tend to be the ones who behave like scumbags on the street. It's the same here - the further left you go, the more violent the protests.

Also remember Trump was endorsed by almost every police association in the US. His supporters will know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I've said this before , but Biden is a "Horses for Courses" candidate.

Is he the guy to "fix" US politics? - No
    Is he the guy that gets people excited? - No
    Is he a "change" agent? - No , but sort of yes, which I'll get to.

But - He was the only person on the Democrat side with the requisite name recognition and the Centre/Right credentials capable of beating Trump in 2020. Any of the others simply would not have flipped those rust belt states back. Just was not going to happen.

So , he was the man for the job at hand , beating Trump.

Which he has delivered - His job over the next 4 years is to help the rest of the Democrat party learn how to connect better with Rural America etc.

He is the one that can start to help to teach them that Democrats are not going to steal Guns/Religion/Christmas or whatever other ridiculous tropes are thrown out by the GOP.

His achievement over the next four years will be to help the US understand that "Social Democrat" does not mean "Communism" or "Venezuela style government" etc.

Wide scale availability of affordable Health-care and Education are not Communism.

He'll have his work cut out on the guns front

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

sdanseo wrote: »
    On the contrary - pro Trump protesters are much more disciplined.

Though their political position is completely wrong, their convictions are not without merit. Their behaviour on the streets will be much better. They are pro-police, and a large proportion of ex military; and so will be well intentioned, disillusioned by decades of partisanship rather than being stereotypical rednecks.
    The conservative values are to treasure their country - smashing the place up is much more the liberals' style.

I watched an example of a police interaction today which showed the MAGA supporters stopping en masse to let a number of cops cross the street on bikes and the cops thanking them. It was all very pleasant.

Much as I hate to admit it, the crowds who are more politically moderate and preach tolerance tend to be the ones who behave like scumbags on the street. It's the same here - the further left you go, the more violent the protests.

Also remember Trump was endorsed by almost every police association in the US. His supporters will know that.

To be fair, the vast majority of those attending are white and so are treated with far less suspicion by the police and would very rarely have reason to feel under threat by the police.

The majority of the supporters, being largely white and Christian, have had the country very much working for them since its foundation. Why would they want to destroy anything?

What Trump really represents is a keeping of the status quo, stop those libs tring to change things to give people more equality and recognition of alternative ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Look at these morons.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Look at these morons.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Look at these morons.

Why are they all so angry?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

what a shower of absolute morons.

It plays like the haka

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Why are they all so angry?

And what are they so proud about? It's hardly the missing teeth, body odour and bad facial hair.

And what are they so proud about? It's hardly the missing teeth, body odour and bad facial hair.

standard reason, can't get their holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah but Trump got the third highest populat vote in history didn't he?

Third, not even first of the losers. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭briany

Van that Trump could buy and drive around in after he's booted out.

o8i5cRR.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

briany wrote: »
    McEnany looks to be taking quite a gamble. If Trumpism takes over fully, she's in a good spot as a tried and tested loyalist. If Trumpism breaks under the current strain, she's looking down the barrel of irrelevance. I mean, yes being a pundit on Newsmax or something would probably earn someone a living, but it would have to be disappointing for someone like McEnany who has a pretty formidable resumé in terms of education. Harvard, Oxford, graduating top of her class in law school. She could be a serious professional instead of coming off like a bimbo going on the news to discredit herself by robotically defending every egregious lie that Trump tells. Not only defending, in fact, but aggressively pushing the lies.

Too late now, I think. She has to ride the ship wherever it goes. Onward to riches, or down to the bottom of the ocean.

I believe that's called riding the tiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

sdanseo wrote: »
    Also remember Trump was endorsed by almost every police association in the US.

I promise you this doesn't make the point you think it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

jamule wrote: »
    standard reason, can't get their holes.

Speaking of which, the proud boys forbid ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,175 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Speaking of which, the proud boys forbid ****.

no wonder they look like they are about to explode.

I would kmagine like most of the sheite its pure fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,175 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The best hackers are the one that leave no trace. And they do exist, but you'll never know they existed ever.

The best hackers are the one that leave no trace. And they do exist, but you'll never know they existed ever.

There is always a trace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I promise you this doesn't make the point you think it does.

Which is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

It is all down to policing. Plus it is well documented that civil rights marches are infiltrated by people, including government agents, that are there to instigate violence in order to discredit the cause.

If you treat peaceful protesters with respect there will be no trouble.

Unfortunately, most police forces around the world are right wing and not afraid to provoke reactions from what they consider to be the other.

We saw it a lot in the north. Openily aggressive and provocative Orange order matches were policed completely differently to civil rights marches.

For some reason people marching for their rights is always considered a threat by authorities.

So basically relying on conspiracies of something you're incapable of proving. Something that's incredibly unlikely tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Only watched a few seconds without sound and can tell its one of those "see how easy it is to rig an election machine" vid, right?

Probably not the best thing to show there, Donny, seeing as the majority of your vote tally was from in-person voting....the kind this machine can be rigged to produce fake results! And considering his rhetoric about if there is two or three "fake" postal ballots, the whole of postal ballots need to be discredited.....would this not mean all in person, digital ballots need to be struck out then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement