Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Overheal wrote: »
    Maricopa County to release tabulation for additional "tens of thousands" of votes at 9 PM ET, per NYT

So 2 Irish time I guess, I just want it to be called ffs. Bit of a joke, if Trump was a sick dog he'd have been put down 2 days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,202 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

100% McCain was a man who put his life on the line for his country, I respected him, listen to how he handled it when he lost to Obama, a real man, it’s impossible to to have that respect for Trump given his draft dodging past because his daddy was a billionaire and got him out of signing up for Vietnam, McCains getting his revenge on Donald from beyond the grave!

I didn't actually realise but Cindy McCain (john McCains widow) really backed Biden, as in she appeared on tv shows and in campaign ads for him!
    Telling line she endorsed Biden because "he is the better man", ouch!
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/23/cindy-mccain-republican-endorsing-biden-the-better-man

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So 2 Irish time I guess, I just want it to be called ffs. Bit of a joke, if Trump was a sick dog he'd have been put down 2 days ago.

Arizona being called by other networks isn't enough, Fox already have it but are waiting for PA. All the other networks will be waiting for PA to be sure enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,706 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,208 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

you want votes not to count where people have been influenced by someone else- is that your case?

thats an awful case, with due respect.

Like I said those votes will count, and what can you do. It's a flawed process though, as you don't know if one person filled them all out, history and stats show this election saw millions of people, who apparently had nothing inspire them in their lifetime to vote before, vote this time, and it just happens to occur while mail in voting is in play.

And I'm not talking about those who turned 18,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

robinph wrote: »
    Arizona being called by other networks isn't enough, Fox already have it but are waiting for PA. All the other networks will be waiting for PA to be sure enough.

The PA already called it when Fox did.

She'll never win running as a primary candidate though - I don't mean that as a personal insult or vendetta again her or something, the primaries showed it. Quit long before her home state had votes counted and prob 95% + of R's would vote against her.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The PA already called it when Fox did.

PA for Pennsylvania which was too many letter to type out. :)

She'll never win running as a primary candidate though - I don't mean that as a personal insult or vendetta again her or something, the primaries showed it. Quit long before her home state had votes counted and prob 95% + of R's would vote against her.

Look how well Biden did in the 2008 Primary.

I wouldn't be so certain your analysis holds in a future election cycle.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Arizona is Mountain time - so 7 hours behind - 9pm would be 4am here.

• Advertisement

Look how well Biden did in the 2008 Primary.

I wouldn't be so certain your analysis holds in a future election cycle.

I'd bet a decent chunk against her but we'll probably never know. If she had to quit the field long before her home state California counted their votes she'll never get into that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Like I said those votes will count, and what can you do. It's a flawed process though, as you don't know if one person filled them all out, history and stats show this election saw millions of people, who apparently had nothing inspire them in their lifetime to vote before, vote this time, and it just happens to occur while mail in voting is in play.

I'd happily get involved in voting by mail versus queuing for hours..

i answered all of that

you are raising no point that either demonstrates any actual occurrence of what you describe, shows why it is an actual issue or shows that it either hasnt always happened or only happens on one side

i already addressed turnout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Don't underestimate the power of the reduced effort involved in voting via post vs voting in person.

Neither of my parents had ever voted before in Ireland up until the Same-Sex Marriage Referendum. Why?

"Ah, it's a load of bother to go and vote. It takes half the day".

They voted in the Referendum because I promised to bring them to the polling centre and back.

A lot of people are just lazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Lol at all the talk of 'shenanigans' while happily overlooking things like deliberately reducing polling capacity in democratic areas, heavy reliance on disinformation social media campaigns and making sure the postal votes were counted last so that it would play well with the false narrative of fraud..

Not shenanigans, but down right dishonest dirty tricks.

SCOTUS has made a ruling for Pennsylvania votes..

Votes received after the 3rd have to be separated from other votes, counted but not added to total's.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Don't underestimate the power of the reduced effort involved in voting via post vs voting in person.

Neither of my parents had ever voted before in Ireland up until the Same-Sex Marriage Referendum. Why?

They voted in the Referendum because I promised to bring them to the polling centre and back.

Yes, but I don't think that's equatable (an Irish referendum and this election).
    This election was different and sure to bring out the numbers no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,640 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I would never call myself a math genius but I love it and I'm quite good at it.
    I don't have all the information from Pennsylvania but it appears there is about 100kbvotes left to count and that 70%+ of them are in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh and suburbs around them where Biden has been getting 80%+ of these mail in ballots.
    It's quite easy to call it now and I don't understand why it's not been done at this stage.

km991148 wrote: »
    Lol at all the talk of 'shenanigans' while happily overlooking things like deliberately reducing polling capacity in democratic areas, heavy reliance on disinformation social media campaigns and making sure the postal votes were counted last so that it would play well with the false narrative of fraud..

Not shenanigans, but down right dishonest dirty tricks.

You can say that but the dossier was the dirtiest trick of them all. Whole first 2/3 years of the Presidential cycle was dominated by it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,677 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I agree totally. But the numbers and stats show something vastly different than any other election. The ballots are genuine that are getting counted, but it was easy for one member of a household who cares about politics to take control of all the ballots, fill them out and drop them off. Even though her hubby never voted, and couldn't care less, or son would rather play video games. Suddenly they both voted for Biden, because Mom filled them out and said '' sign here''. That in my mind is one Vote, not 3.
    But what can you do, it's a ballot, genuine, and will be counted.

You're making **** up.

Trump is the most polarising American president there has ever been. Families have fallen out over him. You're imagining a situation because it suits a narrative. Maybe it's happened ona couple of households, but it's still mostly imagination.

Christ knows how many trump supporters have been the ones to fall ill and be too sick to vote as they all seemed to be fans of mass gatherings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,202 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

MrStuffins wrote: »

Totally agree.
    I'd love the option to vote via post!

Oh and thanks for getting them to vote on the same sex marriage referendum....I hope they voted Yes...lol.
    The day of the results was literally one of the most emotional days of my life...and I am not an emotional person at all.

I was able to get married just over a year ago because of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Votes received after the 3rd have to be separated from other votes, counted but not added to total's.

That's just stating what is already in place.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I would never call myself a math genius but I love it and I'm quite good at it.

You're not, like I said previously you change your stance based on the trend and force your assertiveness upon others while saying how smart you are in an "I told you so manner". You're doing it again "but I love it and I'm quite good at it".

n3VDII1.png

I'd bet a decent chunk against her but we'll probably never know. If she had to quit the field long before her home state California counted their votes she'll never get into that position.

It's a fools game trying to predict politics 2 years ahead, never mind 4.
    So many variables. Scandals, errors, events, she could say one wrong word and be cancelled by her own side.

We're standing by to see if Biden keeps his speaking arrangement at 8 PM or if he holds off due to the networks not calling it..

You can say that but the dossier was the dirtiest trick of them all. Whole first 2/3 years of the Presidential cycle was dominated by it

And what about Watergate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

robinph wrote: »
    Of course when cheating you make sure that the results are going to be so close that you could still loose when the manual count happens, and you also forget to fix the results for the house and senate as well.

If the democrats have cheated then they are worse at it than Trump was at being presidential and behaving like an adult.

I can't understand how this argument is being bandied around, it's utterly ridiculous. It's like saying if you cheat then why not get 98% in every exam - if you get too greedy suspicions are raised a lot higher.

Furthermore a lot more republicans would get really upset. They would help Trump and the investigation a lot more. The way it is a lot of them will be much more inclined to just get on with it. Better to let them have a toss-up in the house and senate.

Dante7 wrote: »
    That's just stating what is already in place.

Oops, totally missed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Yes this is breaking on CNN. It is said the amount is so small it won't make a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Grandma will be turning in her grave if they throw out her vote for Biden :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement