Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

The last time the word racist was even used in this thread was over 650 posts ago, and even then it wasn't to call his supporters racist.

Try harder.

Well if that's all you take from my post it says enough. There is never a debate here it's always one sided and anybody with a different opionion is automatically villified. The bullys come out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

normakelle wrote: »
    explain to me why?

Well I thought it wouldn’t need explaining but resisting arrest isn’t a death sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

People are fed up being told by the media what to think and are only told one side of a story depending on which channel you watch.

This is a myth, largely propagated by extremes. Populists and other fringes want people to ignore reality in favor of narratives that are distorted or not true - one of the tools they use is to convince people that the free press on aggregate is some sort of homogenous entity or "fake news" that works to an agenda.

Conspiracy theorists for years have told people to ignore the "mainstream media" (because of course facts contradict their nutty conspiracies) It's incredible to see someone like the US president using the same tactic.

It's real 1930's stuff, but sadly, it still works. Not helped of course by the explosion of disinfo on social media, and trashy outlets that fuel the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

weisses wrote: »
    Yeah .. He should have been banned from that platform years ago

Generates too much income, can't stop progress!

salmocab wrote: »
    Well I thought it wouldn’t need explaining but resisting arrest isn’t a death sentence.

Are you telling me if George floydd went peacefully into the squad car that he wouldn't be alive today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I said which ever channel you watch obviously meaning cnn and fox but you didn't want to see that part.

I was of course more interested in the taking responsibility for their actions part.

Comical to see the nonsense Trump supporters are coming out with.
    saw a video where someone was saying that traditional conservatives were all about respect for the military, religion and family life and in this election you had a candidate who is very happily married and close to his family, weekly church goer and has deep respect for the military and yet conservatives are infatuated with the 3 times married, sleeping with prostitutes candidate who uses faith as a prop and thinks dead soldiers are losers.

They can all take a hike with the righteous indignation.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    This is a myth, largely propagated by extremes. Populists and other fringes want people to ignore reality in favor of narratives that are distorted or not true - one of the tools they use is to convince people that the free press on aggregate is some sort of homogenous entity or "fake news" that works to an agenda.

Conspiracy theorists for years have told people to ignore the "mainstream media" (because of course facts contradict their nutty conspiracies) It's incredible to see someone like the US president using the same tactic.

It's real 1930's stuff, but sadly, it still works. Not helped of course by the explosion of disinfo on social media, and trashy outlets that fuel the fire

Each channel has their own agenda and you get a version of a story to suit that. It's the same with videos that don't show the full story just a bit that suits there narrative. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Both sides are guilty of that

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Are you telling me if George floydd went peacefully into the squad car that he wouldn't be alive today?

Are you telling me Breonna Taylor was lawfully killed while sleeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

No why would I tell you that?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,173 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

There is zero evidence of the need for an independent review other than the B*tch in the White House refusing to accept the result.

Trump specifically told his people not to use mail in votes. Repeatedly. Bernie Sanders alluded to this playing out exactly as has occurred and pointed out that Trump would likely be ahead until the mail ins were counted. Trump knew this as well and tried to scupper mail in with his lackey put in place in the USPS to try to inhibit delivery.

In 2016, HC conceded with a much smaller margin in a single state than Trump is experiencing in several states. In 2000, Gore eventually conceded after Jeb Bushes Florida went to George who won by a margin of only a couple hundred votes after several thousand votes were thrown out by a republican led court.

I'm loving living in the middle of this historically very significant time but have 2 words for anyone still suggesting Trump is right to demand investigations. The second one is Off, you can guess the first.

Ballots are but pieces of paper, not impossible for those at the top to access millions of them, to have a signature expert sitting in a room for last few months copying signatures of millions of people that have a signature on file.Then posting in these million of ballots in area's that needed them to win. Fraud is easy, if you choose to do it.
    It's full proof if no one finds out, they are genuine ballots getting counted after all.
    Not saying it happened, just saying mail in ballots are a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Movementarian

Ballots are but pieces of paper, not impossible for those at the top to access millions of them, to have a signature expert sitting in a room for last few months copying signatures of millions of people that have a signature on file.Then posting in these million of ballots in area's that needed them to win. Fraud is easy, if you choose to do it.
    It's full proof if no one finds out, they are genuine ballots getting counted after all.

Love when people put a random off the wall conspiracy theory and then say 'not saying it happened'. Thats exactly what you are saying.

In your head, some lad in a room duplicating hundreds of thousands of peoples signatures is more believable then the simple fact its legit voters sending in by mail during a health crisis.

Crackers

If he lost he lost, but this thing of preventing even an independent review of the counting process stinks. The whole mail in ballot process is open to far too much possibility of fraud for no one to independently investigate it. It's a messy process, maybe ballots were counted correctly, but no one knows if they were actual votes, or just genuine ballots put into the mix to make up the numbers needed to win.

Do you honestly think that America, one of the largest nations, don't have systems in place to ensure fair and independent processes are in place already. Think of all the tens of 000s or hundreds of 000s of people involved in the process and the number of people who have cane forward.
    How do you imagine such a conspiracy was handled.

Look back on the narrative Trump was pushing before the election.

I fail to understand how anyone with even the slightest but if objective thinking can fail to see that.

And before any if you Trump lovers start calling foul and saying I'm calling ye all stupid, my post history says otherwise. But when people refuse to think for themselves, I do sometimes begin to wonder what the fcuk is wrong with the world?

Incidentally, there is another independent review being conducted via the courts. It's failing at the first hurdle because there is absolutely no evidence of mass voter fraud.

Stop stroking this fools ego ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I hope she does this. She is coming for their assault weapons and they are terrified. Listen to her response at 1min ish

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Movementarian

Also its really weird how they didnt win other states like Florida and Ohio where mail in ballots were used. Guess they knew in advance which states would be close, and they super cunnningly lost key senate and house races on the same ballot papers. Get a grip

Love when people put a random off the wall conspiracy theory and then say 'not saying it happened'. Thats exactly what you are saying.

In your head, some lad in a room duplicating hundreds of thousands of peoples signatures is more believable then the simple fact its legit voters sending in by mail during a health crisis.

Crackers

I'm not calling anyone stupid, but there does seem to be a numeracy problem. This is a generalisation because humans just can't easily handle such big numbers. But for the scale of fraud that we are talking about, it's just not possible.

Well if that's all you take from my post it says enough. There is never a debate here it's always one sided and anybody with a different opionion is automatically villified. The bullys come out

Not at all. The last time we discussed in depth whether all supporters of Trump are racist or not, the majority (including me) said that the majority of his supporters weren't.

The only one that's doing any bullying or being one-sided is you by assuming that everyone who is anti-Trump presumes that all Trump supporters are racist when five seconds of using the search function would have told you otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

There is zero evidence of the need for an independent review other than the B*tch in the White House refusing to accept the result.

Trump specifically told his people not to use mail in votes. Repeatedly. Bernie Sanders alluded to this playing out exactly as has occurred and pointed out that Trump would likely be ahead until the mail ins were counted. Trump knew this as well and tried to scupper mail in with his lackey put in place in the USPS to try to inhibit delivery.

In 2016, HC conceded with a much smaller margin in a single state than Trump is experiencing in several states. In 2000, Gore eventually conceded after Jeb Bushes Florida went to George who won by a margin of only a couple hundred votes after several thousand votes were thrown out by a republican led court.

I'm loving living in the middle of this historically very significant time but have 2 words for anyone still suggesting Trump is right to demand investigations. The second one is Off, you can guess the first.

It's not going to make any difference, Biden will be certified. But it doesn't matter if you think there's zero evidence for a need for a review. He's legally within his rights to request it. Anyone who can't accept that should equally be responded to with your two 2 words.

I was of course more interested in the taking responsibility for their actions part.

Comical to see the nonsense Trump supporters are coming out with.
    saw a video where someone was saying that traditional conservatives were all about respect for the military, religion and family life and in this election you had a candidate who is very happily married and close to his family, weekly church goer and has deep respect for the military and yet conservatives are infatuated with the 3 times married, sleeping with prostitutes candidate who uses faith as a prop and thinks dead soldiers are losers.

They can all take a hike with the righteous indignation.

Trump is no saint has he faults? absolutely, He is loud and brash and speaks with no filter. People voted for him because they were sick of slick politicians. Be careful what you wish for lol. But over 70 million people voted for him and they are on the ground over there experiencing life under him as president and are happy with the job he is doing,
    Christians vote for him largely on the abortion laws. You can have an abortion nearly up to full term. Surely you should have decided whether you wanted a child before then. I am of the belief you should have the choice to have an abortion but there has to be a cut off point. The only reasons you should have an abortion at that stage is medical or if the quality of life the child will be one of suffering.

Not at all. The last time we discussed in depth whether all supporters of Trump are racist or not, the majority (including me) said that the majority of his supporters weren't.

The only one that's doing any bullying or being one-sided is you by assuming that everyone who is anti-Trump presumes that all Trump supporters are racist when five seconds of using the search function would have told you otherwise.

So the racism angle is the only thing you took from my post lol

Are you telling me Breonna Taylor was lawfully killed while sleeping?

Did her boyfriend open fire on the cops? What were they meant to do. get themselves killed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Did her boyfriend open fire on the cops? What were they meant to do. get themselves killed.

Announce themselves before busting into a property?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

It's not going to make any difference, Biden will be certified. But it doesn't matter if you think there's zero evidence for a need for a review. He's legally within his rights to request it. Anyone who can't accept that should equally be responded to with your two 2 words.

Everyone knows he is within his rights to question things. Can people stop making this inane point? We know he can challenge the result but people are free to point out how pathetic he looks in doing so, as the likelihood of changing the outcome in four or five states is vanishingly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Trump is not requesting anything. He is putting out that the voting system has been rigged, that the democrats have stolen the election (in a few select states).

That is a world away from the perfectly reasonable and normal calls for recounts in tight races. It is a world away for asking for confirmation that local officials ensure that the voting was secure - both of these have come out on their own and said that everything is perfectly fine.

What Trump is doing is attacking the entire basis of the democratic system, without any evidence. In fact he is doing in despite all the evidence being against him.

Yet he continues to insist, not request, insist that the system is corrupt. That officials have been corrupted and that the media are all working together with the Democrats to steal the election from him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

But over 70 million people voted for him and they are on the ground over there experiencing life under him as president and are happy with the job he is doing,

Making him a more popular president than Obama...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

If the police endorse a man like Trump that is no credit to him; it is a stain on them. It is a clear demonstration of their worst critics' accusations.

The Proud Boys are an explicitly white supremacist gang whose leadership - unlike left wing groups frequently accused of it - actually does openly advocate political violence, and whose membership engages in it and instructs each other in it as a matter of course.

The fact police forces in the US treat them as BFFs is, again, not a proof of what lovely young chaps they must be, it is an illustration of how deeply compromised the police actually are.

If your police force and your neo nazis are holding hands and making daisy chains (or if you prefer, giving water and hi fives to killers, passing on tips on how to avoid barricades, and patting them on the back) then it's because as far as both parties are concerned, they're all on the same team. It is to nobody's credit that neo nazis think they're deadly.

I completely agree. In fact the point I was making about the endorsement is that the police on the street in the heat of a protest are conditioned to be more respectful of the Trump supporters.

That's not just because of endorsements though, of course; it's down to the behaviour of protesters too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

No out cry just yet about Biden appointing Cecilia Munoz to his transition team.

Selective outcry is the backbone of populism

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Boggles wrote: »
    Nope, it's because they are predominately white. We both know that. Let's not pretend at this stage, it would be unbecoming to either of our intelligence.

CNN had several reporters there that night, you think it's a coincidence only Omar was arrested?

Anyway, Michael Moore called Trumps win the last roar of the angry white man, hopefully he is right.

Of course Biden could speed it up by signing an executive order implementing mass sterilization and mass dentistry while he is at it.

:)

This post is a perfect example of the supposedly tolerant half of America being manifestly intolerant, and furthering the divide. The only way you solve the problem is compromise in both directions, despite it seeming unpalatable.

73 million people voted for Trump, 4 million more than Obama.

You don't ease them back to being more moderate by sterilizing them. That's when the weapons would start being used instead of toted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Should every loser in every election hold up and undermine the process because they are legally within their rights to request something? Lets see if Trump demands a recount in Wisconsin given that he would have to pay for it.

We had the BS 2 weeks ago of Trump fans in Arizona chanting 'Count every vote' (he still lost) while Trump fans in Pennsylvania chanted 'Stop the count'.

sabat wrote: »

That's a leap, it's a higher turnout so numbers increased, his approval ratings were dire for the entirety of his presidency. He still couldn't win the popular vote or the election for that matter. Accepted that he's lost yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

sabat wrote: »

That's a leap.

This election had the highest turnout in over 100 years, so total votes is a bad measure of popularity.
    Percentage wise though,

52.9% voted for Obama in 2008
    51.1% voted for Obama in 2012
    46.1% for Trump in 2016
    47.2% for Trump in 2020.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement