Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Everyone knows he is within his rights to question things. Can people stop making this inane point? We know he can challenge the result but people are free to point out how pathetic he looks in doing so, as the likelihood of changing the outcome in four or five states is vanishingly unlikely.

Speaking of inane points.

Speaking of inane points.

Care to explain why it is? He's actively hampering any transition because of his denial so this is a very real issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

normakelle wrote: »
    oh ya just because you read it on reddit it must be true.

LOL theres citations for all the data, did you read it or just look at the pretty colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,173 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

km991148 wrote: »
    Do you honestly think that America, one of the largest nations, don't have systems in place to ensure fair and independent processes are in place already. Think of all the tens of 000s or hundreds of 000s of people involved in the process and the number of people who have cane forward.
    How do you imagine such a conspiracy was handled.

Look back on the narrative Trump was pushing before the election.

I fail to understand how anyone with even the slightest but if objective thinking can fail to see that.

And before any if you Trump lovers start calling foul and saying I'm calling ye all stupid, my post history says otherwise. But when people refuse to think for themselves, I do sometimes begin to wonder what the fcuk is wrong with the world?

Incidentally, there is another independent review being conducted via the courts. It's failing at the first hurdle because there is absolutely no evidence of mass voter fraud.

Stop stroking this fools ego ffs.

Yea, and then out of the blue you make all those things redundant with mail in voting.
    I wanted Biden to win, but it's only because of mail in voting that he did, that's a fact.

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Should every loser in every election hold up and undermine the process because they are legally within their rights to request something? Lets see if Trump demands a recount in Wisconsin given that he would have to pay for it.

We had the BS 2 weeks ago of Trump fans in Arizona chanting 'Count every vote' (he still lost) while Trump fans in Pennsylvania chanted 'Stop the count'.

Should they? Maybe not. Can they? Yes.

'Suck it up' as they say around here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

sdanseo wrote: »
    This post is a perfect example of the supposedly tolerant half of America being manifestly intolerant, and furthering the divide. The only way you solve the problem is compromise in both directions, despite it seeming unpalatable.

73 million people voted for Trump, 4 million more than Obama.

You don't ease them back to being more moderate by sterilizing them. That's when the weapons would start being used instead of toted.

Trumps votes this time garnered him 47.3% of the vote. In 2016 he got 46.1%

In 2008, Obama got 52.9% of the vote, in 2012, he got 51.1% of the vote. Let's stop trying to imply that Trump is more popular than Obama or take some time to understand percentages.

In fact, Hillary got 48.2% of the vote in 2016 meaning she was more popular than Trump than and now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,584 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

normakelle wrote:
    Are you telling me if George floydd went peacefully into the squad car that he wouldn't be alive today?

What's your point? Are you saying it's ok to murder him because he was a bit agitated?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

That's a leap, it's a higher turnout so numbers increased, his approval ratings were dire for the entirety of his presidency. He still couldn't win the popular vote or the election for that matter. Accepted that he's lost yet?
    Padre_Pio wrote: »
    That's a leap.

This election had the highest turnout in over 100 years, so total votes is a bad measure of popularity.
    Percentage wise though,

52.9% voted for Obama in 2008
    51.1% voted for Obama in 2012
    46.1% for Trump in 2016
    47.2% for Trump in 2020.

More Americans voted for Trump than Obama. That's a fact.

Yea, and then out of the blue you make all those things redundant with mail in voting.
    I wanted Biden to win, but it's only because of mail in voting that he did, that's a fact.

Let's put it another way, if everyone who voted in the 2020 election, by every method, had voted in person, Biden would still have won.

That's a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Should they? Maybe not. Can they? Yes.

'Suck it up' as they say around here.

It doesn't matter. Trump will be out on his ear in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »

And Trump will remain a one term president. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

It is a fact. But they are two different elections, so it makes no sense.

More Americans voted for Biden than Trump. That is also a fact.
    More Americans voted for Hillary than Trump in the last election. Also a fact.

Twice as many Americans voted for Biden than JFK. Biden must be twice as popular :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I think you are missing the point, vote by mail is considered a legitimate method of voting, so its irrelevant whether Biden gained an advantage from mail in voting or not.

It is like saying Biden only won because of urban voters, that's a fact. Yes this is true but does not imply voter fraud.

normakelle wrote: »
    So the racism angle is the only thing you took from my post lol

It was the first thing you said and like I said five seconds of checking the thread would have told you it was false. So why would I bother reading the rest of your post?

It doesn't matter. Trump will be out on his ear in a few weeks.

I agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

One term impeached president who lost the popular vote twice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Mail in voting is part of the system. Seriously, why is it the hundreds of thousands of people involved in the process are seen as corrupt or stupid. Most people are not like Trump and have some level of integrity.

That is indeed a fact. Your previous post, however, was not a fact.

It is a fact. But they are two different elections, so it makes no sense.

More Americans voted for Biden than Trump. That is also a fact.
    More Americans voted for Hillary than Trump in the last election. Also a fact.

Twice as many Americans voted for Biden than JFK. Biden must be twice as popular :rolleyes:

It's mind numbing these facts(the one you replied to)

Also fact, population of USA when JFK was elected 180m, current estimate 328m+

It's almost like people are purposefully ignorant sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

It's mind numbing these facts(the one you replied to)

Also fact, population of USA when JFK was elected 180m, current estimate 328m+

It's almost like people are purposefully ignorant sometimes.

No Trump got mostest he is bestist AND my da is bigger than your da - so there

• Advertisement

Also the fight over the narrative is so pointless, who cares about legacy or pride, we have thousands of people dieing and getting permanent systemic damage to their bodies in a raging pandemic, Biden won the election, Trump has a couple of months to try and do good things if that's what he believes he stands for. None of these facts are going to change by fighting over a narrative or some dreamed up legacy, its not important. He can have a statue and we will throw a party for him, tell him he won, if it makes him feel better, it is just placating some celebrity's ego while the real world continues.

It reminds me of the endless debates people have about the legacy of historic characters, fighting to make small changes to the narrative. When what is important and really shaped world affairs at any specific time in history is how the peasants lived rather than the aristocracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Also the fight over the narrative is so pointless, who cares about legacy or pride, we have thousands of people dieing and getting permanent systemic damage to their bodies in a raging pandemic, Biden won the election, Trump has a couple of months to try and do good things if that's what he believes he stands for. None of these facts are going to change by fighting over a narrative or some dreamed up legacy, its not important. He can have a statue and we will throw a party for him, tell him he won, if it makes him feel better, it is just placating some celebrity's ego while the real world continues.

It reminds me of the endless debates people have about the legacy of historic characters, fighting to make small changes to the narrative. When what is important and really shaped world affairs at any specific time in history is how the peasants lived rather than the aristocracy.

ubfortunetly the narrative is all that matters, owning the libs is more important than saving lifes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

VinLieger wrote: »
    LOL theres citations for all the data, did you read it or just look at the pretty colours?
    Stop that..pulling trumpists up on crap they post is bullying apparently :)

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

I'm actually somewhat glad that Trump is behaving like this at this point and will likely continue doing so for the next 2 months.

It is indeed dragging the US further in to the gutter, but, I'm hoping that every day he does so, further reduces the chances of him or his family have much more involvement in world politics beyond the 20th of January.

I hope that once he is out, the door will be firmly shut on him (or his offspring or their partners) re-entering.

The behaviour of GOP members in encouraging him is deplorable but I can see them doing it from a 'What we have we hold' type of view but once they lose what they held, I hope they'll drop him at speed. They too are showing their true colours at this time. No more sanctimonious calls for dignity or respect from them should ever be broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,173 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think you are missing the point, vote by mail is considered a legitimate method of voting, so its irrelevant whether Biden gained an advantage from mail in voting or not.

It is like saying Biden only won because of urban voters, that's a fact. Yes this is true but does not imply voter fraud.

Mail in voting is an advantage, one can do it in the comfort of their own home without waiting for hours in the wind and rain. Plus instead of one person going to vote in person on behalf of a house, everyone in house will now vote as it's easy, and then one person can still go drop off the ballot, while rest have their slippers on and are watching tv.

Trump in hindsight should have told his base to request 100m ballots, for their moms, dads, uncles, aunts, brothers, sisters, friends, even their dog, instead he told them not to vote by mail, that it was fraud. Stupid in hindsight as it gave massive advantage to Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

No out cry just yet about Biden appointing Cecilia Munoz to his transition team.

Selective outcry is the backbone of populism

Ah come off it, the Obama administration had a much more effective border policy than donald's, so of course they'll look to that expertise again.

You're still ignoring the fact that donald, in an absolute sh*thead move, ordered a policy to remove children from their parents, which has left over 500 now parentless children being left behind. How anyone can defend that, I don't know. Go for some whataboutery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

An impeached one term president

francois wrote: »
    An impeached one term president

An impeached one term president that lost the popular vote twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Mail in voting is an advantage, one can do it in the comfort of their own home without waiting for hours in the wind and rain. Plus instead of one person going to vote in person on behalf of a house, everyone in house will now vote as it's easy, and then one person can still go drop off the ballot, while rest have their slippers on and are watching tv.

Trump in hindsight should have told his base to request 100m ballots, for their moms, dads, uncles, aunts, brothers, sisters, friends, even their dog, instead he told them not to vote by mail, that it was fraud. Stupid in hindsight as it gave massive advantage to Biden.

trump's own children voted by mail, he's been trying to create a narrative, probably hoping that the election would be close (it wasn't) to try and delegitimise the election, but because he lost by so much, the narrative (which everyone knew he was trying because he is a stupid man and wouldn't know subtlety if it dropped on his head like a piano) has failed miserably, leaving a bunch of idiots and sycophants still defending him.

What he was trying was stupid in every sight, before, after, during, everyone knew what the stupid man was trying to do, then he did it, then everybody laughed and continues laughing at him while he keeps on doing it.

• Advertisement

From that point of view I agree with you, Trump made a strategic mistake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement