Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm actually somewhat glad that Trump is behaving like this at this point and will likely continue doing so for the next 2 months.

It is indeed dragging the US further in to the gutter, but, I'm hoping that every day he does so, further reduces the chances of him or his family have much more involvement in world politics beyond the 20th of January.

I hope that once he is out, the door will be firmly shut on him (or his offspring or their partners) re-entering.

The behaviour of GOP members in encouraging him is deplorable but I can see them doing it from a 'What we have we hold' type of view but once they lose what they held, I hope they'll drop him at speed. They too are showing their true colours at this time. No more sanctimonious calls for dignity or respect from them should ever be broadcast.

Agree with this as long as nobody gets hurt in the process (apart from him and his spawn) He's becoming more unhinged by the day though so this seems unlikely.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Mail in voting is an advantage, one can do it in the comfort of their own home without waiting for hours in the wind and rain. Plus instead of one person going to vote in person on behalf of a house, everyone in house will now vote as it's easy, and then one person can still go drop off the ballot, while rest have their slippers on and are watching tv.

Trump in hindsight should have told his base to request 100m ballots, for their moms, dads, uncles, aunts, brothers, sisters, friends, even their dog, instead he told them not to vote by mail, that it was fraud. Stupid in hindsight as it gave massive advantage to Biden.

Think there were a couple of states that sent postal votes to everyone by default, didn't even have to request it. Didn't make any difference to the results, did increase the turnout. What's the problem with more people participating in the election?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Mail in voting is an advantage, one can do it in the comfort of their own home without waiting for hours in the wind and rain. Plus instead of one person going to vote in person on behalf of a house, everyone in house will now vote as it's easy, and then one person can still go drop off the ballot, while rest have their slippers on and are watching tv.

Trump in hindsight should have told his base to request 100m ballots, for their moms, dads, uncles, aunts, brothers, sisters, friends, even their dog, instead he told them not to vote by mail, that it was fraud. Stupid in hindsight as it gave massive advantage to Biden.

I can't believe that someone arguing that Trump is right to be suspicious is actually detailing that he should have actively promoted fraudulent activity in order to undermine a voting method which he and his family utilised. Do you realise what you just wrote?

Your desire for him to have won the election (by fair means or foul) aside, he did actually do similar. Saying on at least one commentary to the press that people could request ballots and then go and vote in person and one of his lackies, former Governor Mike Huckabee said that he had just mailed his ballot and was looking forward to vote in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,173 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Also its really weird how they didnt win other states like Florida and Ohio where mail in ballots were used. Guess they knew in advance which states would be close, and they super cunnningly lost key senate and house races on the same ballot papers. Get a grip

millions of ballots were blank, other that voting for president.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Mail in voting is only an advantage to those who use it not to either candidate. If one side took advantage of it then that’s the other sides fault for not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

It was the first thing you said and like I said five seconds of checking the thread would have told you it was false. So why would I bother reading the rest of your post?

Exactly my point you read the first part and dismissed my opionion out of hand. The same way a lot of people read headlines without reading the facts and run with that

eagle eye wrote: »
    What's your point? Are you saying it's ok to murder him because he was a bit agitated?

a bit agitated lol

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Movementarian

millions of ballots were blank, other that voting for president.

Weird how you know that, were you in one of the count centres?

It doesnt even ring true when you see that republicans performed well in house and senate races. Implies people voted republican down ballot and biden for president.

normakelle wrote: »
    Exactly my point you read the first part and dismissed my opionion out of hand. The same way a lot of people read headlines without reading the facts and run with that

No. You stated that "ye are all crazy calling Trump supporters racist" which I have demonstrated is incorrect. You might want to take your own "the same way a lot of people read headlines without reading the facts" advice.

francois wrote: »
    An impeached one term president
    An impeached one term president that lost the popular vote twice.

An impeached one term president that lost the popular vote twice and who had 215 indictments served to people connected with his administration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,173 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

robinph wrote: »
    Think there were a couple of states that sent postal votes to everyone by default, didn't even have to request it. Didn't make any difference to the results, did increase the turnout. What's the problem with more people participating in the election?

Nothing wrong with that, only problem was it was mail in voting v voting in person. It was 85% 15% in favour of Democrats .

But you made the point....

.''What's the problem with more people participating in the election?''

Only problem is it was only the one side that had the easier participation, while other side were told not to use it. Bad strategy and led to Biden winning.

If mail in voting is so great why is it not used here fully, and in UK. Do away with voting in person? Won't happen, and we all know why, it's not safe, yet everyone is applauding it for the USA to use, as it achieved the goal of getting rid of Trump.

VinLieger wrote: »

Did I say everyone no I said lots. Well educated doesnt mean college degrees or high flying jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

How come out of a population of 328 million 150 million plus voted
    50% of the population under 18?
    But it also means there's only 1 under 18 left for every one that voted allowing for 20% over 18 that didn't vote

Is that not very fishy?

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Announce themselves before busting into a property?

They did announce themselves according to witnesses. As a law abiding citizen if I heard gunfire in my apartment I wouldn't get out of bed, I would cower under the covers and call the cops. If you lie down with dogs you get fleas.

They did announce themselves according to witnesses. As a law abiding citizen if I heard gunfire in my apartment I wouldn't get out of bed, I would cower under the covers and call the cops. If you lie down with dogs you get fleas.

Which witnesses?

Bold emphasis mine.
    LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Nearly a week ago, Attorney General Daniel Cameron declared that Louisville Metro Police knocked and announced themselves before breaking down Breonna Taylor's apartment door during an attempted search that ended in her death.

He knew it, he said, because the officers at the scene told investigators they had identified themselves as police — and one of Taylor's neighbors said he heard them do it.

But Cameron left something out — that same witness previously said the exact opposite.

"No, nobody identify themself," Aaron Sarpee told Louisville Metro Police investigators March 21, according to investigative documents obtained by The Courier Journal.

It wasn't until nearly two months later, when investigators circled back to Sarpee on May 15, that Taylor's neighbor said he heard officers knock and announce: "This is the cops."

Nobotty wrote: »
    But it also means there's only 1 under 18 left for every one that voted allowing for 20% over 18 that didn't vote

Is that not very fishy?

I have no idea what you just said, but if it answers your question, ~24% of the US population is under 18.

https://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-03.pdf

Nothing wrong with that, only problem was it was mail in voting v voting in person. It was 85% 15% in favour of Democrats .

Only problem is it was only the one side that had the easier participation, while other side were told not to use it. Bad strategy and led to Biden winning.

If mail in voting is so great why is it not used here fully, and in UK. Do away with voting in person? Won't happen, and we all know why, it's not safe, yet everyone is applauding it for the USA to use, as it achieved the goal of getting rid of Trump.

False.

Both sides had it as easy to use mail in should they chose to. One side chose not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Is that not very fishy?

50% of the population under 18 is very fishy indeed
    Where did you get that from?

Is that not very fishy?

Voter turnout this year was the highest in 120 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Is that not very fishy?

try again

US_population_pyramid_%282020%29.jpg

• Advertisement

Which witnesses?

Bold emphasis mine.

So which time was correct.

So which time was correct.

I'm gonna go with the first one. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Trumps votes this time garnered him 47.3% of the vote. In 2016 he got 46.1%

In 2008, Obama got 52.9% of the vote, in 2012, he got 51.1% of the vote. Let's stop trying to imply that Trump is more popular than Obama or take some time to understand percentages.

In fact, Hillary got 48.2% of the vote in 2016 meaning she was more popular than Trump than and now.

You're misunderstanding my point. I know well how to work out a percentage; the fact is 4 million more people got off their arses for Trump than they did for Obama. And that was marked as a turning point in US politics.

Of course, thankfully another 5 million or so again got off their hinds for Biden despite him being so medicore. But ignore Trump's base at your peril, the divide can't be fixed by simply chucking them aside.

No. You stated that "ye are all crazy calling Trump supporters racist" which I have demonstrated is incorrect. You might want to take your own "the same way a lot of people read headlines without reading the facts" advice.

Why would racism even be discussed? unless some posters said they were. What was the conclusion on Joe Biden's racism.

Why would racism even be discussed? unless some posters said they were. What was the conclusion on Joe Biden's racism.

You want me to teach you how to use the search function is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

If .

I'd love to see the numbers on votes cast per household tbh.

I'm interested in this theory, but at the moment it is just an untested theory (that mail in votes made it easy).

The passion that the Trump fans show.. I'm not sure it would have made such a difference as lots came out to vote anyway.

sdanseo wrote: »
    You're misunderstanding my point. I know well how to work out a percentage; the fact is 4 million more people got off their arses for Trump than they did for Obama. And that was marked as a turning point in US politics.

Of course, thankfully another 5 million or so again got off their hinds for Biden despite him being so medicore. But ignore Trump's base at your peril, the divide can't be fixed by simply chucking them aside.

If biden has more votes but is mediocre, then it stands that either trump is less than mediocre or that popular vote is not an indicator of competence.

So which one is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Is that not very fishy?

I'm not sure what's supposed to be fishy??

150 is a very high turnout, is that what you mean? A lot of people wanted rid of Trump.

km991148 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what's supposed to be fishy??

150 is a very high turnout, is that what you mean? A lot of people wanted rid of Trump.

stop, 50% of the population is not under 18, stop reading there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

try again

US_population_pyramid_%282020%29.jpg

Eligible voters are over 18
    If that's half the population or more it only leaves 1 under 18 left per person over 18
    That seems fishy to me unless there's some othe explanation
    How can 50% + of the population be of voting age is what I'm asking
    It seems worse in Ireland
    3.5 million electorate out of 5 million
    The number of adults with children under 18 must be relatively small
    You'd imagine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement