Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Nobotty wrote: »
    Eligible voters are over 18
    If that's half the population or more it only leaves 1 under 18 left per person over 18
    That seems fishy to me unless there's some othe explanation
    How can 50% + of the population be of voting age is what I'm asking
    It seems worse in Ireland
    3.5 million electorate out of 5 million
    The number of adults with children under 18 must be relatively small
    You'd imagine

You’re asking how can more than half a population be over 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

If biden has more votes but is mediocre, then it stands that either trump is less than mediocre or that popular vote is not an indicator of competence.

So which one is it?

The election wasn't about either individual's competence. It was about left v right.

I have a few American friends, and not all voted for Biden. Almost without exception though, they voted for the side, not their candidate. One from the rural Midwest, as red as it gets, who voted for Trump actually told me he felt he was stuck with Trump, but could never vote for Biden.

All I'm saying is it won't be solved by either side simply declaring itself the winner.

If that's half the population or more it only leaves 1 under 18 left per person over 18
    You'd imagine

What?! Why is that weird to you? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

You'd imagine

I am confused by this, 73.3% of american's are over 18. All demographic trends in developed nations are trending toward an older population, in fact it is a measure of development.

So what are you saying? You are surprised that that the population is not younger?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

sdanseo wrote: »
    The election wasn't about either individual's competence. It was about left v right.

I have a few American friends, and not all voted for Biden. Almost without exception though, they voted for the side, not their candidate. One from the rural Midwest, as red as it gets, who voted for Trump actually told me he felt he was stuck with Trump, but could never vote for Biden.

All I'm saying is it won't be solved by either side simply declaring itself the winner.

The political division wont be solved, I agree but the presidency will obviously.
    That is all that happened.

There has been political divide since the civil war, actually probably since colonialism. We just have a platform now for every tom dick and harry to venture their ill conceived, evidence-free conjecture that conveniently ties into their preferred narrative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

I'm gonna go with the first one. What do you think?

of course you do suits your narrative.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

millions of ballots were blank, other that voting for president.

People are lazy and maybe they didn't care about the voting who their bin man should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boggles wrote: »
    TBF, Giggs has his own problems at the minute.

I seen one description of the Proud Boys as the Q Cuck Klan which seemed appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

normakelle wrote: »
    You can have an abortion nearly up to full term. Surely you should have decided whether you wanted a child before then. I am of the belief you should have the choice to have an abortion but there has to be a cut off point. .

You will of course have stats to show how many people are just deciding late in their preganancies to have abortions..................

sabat wrote: »
    More Americans voted for Trump than Obama. That's a fact.

More americans voted for Biden than trump. that's a fact.

• Advertisement

Mail in voting is an advantage, one can do it in the comfort of their own home without waiting for hours in the wind and rain. Plus instead of one person going to vote in person on behalf of a house, everyone in house will now vote as it's easy, and then one person can still go drop off the ballot, while rest have their slippers on and are watching tv.

Sounds like a good democracy to me. Encouraging as many people to participate as possible.

Forcing people to stand in ****ty weather (in a lot of states) in November for hours in the hope they either wont bother to go or give up when theyre there as a method of voter suppression is very far from democratic.

If mail in voting is so great why is it not used here fully, and in UK. Do away with voting in person? Won't happen, and we all know why, it's not safe, yet everyone is applauding it for the USA to use, as it achieved the goal of getting rid of Trump.

Ive never been asked for ID when voting here. Anyone could have walked up with my polling card and voted.

normakelle wrote: »
    They did announce themselves according to witnesses. As a law abiding citizen if I heard gunfire in my apartment I wouldn't get out of bed, I would cower under the covers and call the cops. If you lie down with dogs you get fleas.

Weird how so many conservatives in America are like "if anyone I dont know so much as steps foot across the line of my property I will light them up, no questions asked and its my god given right", then turn right around and go " that guy had no right firing on those people that appeared in his home"

Trumps legal team don't seem to be trying to very hard or maybe they are just not that competent. Either way judges are getting tired of them. The judge in this case basically said that one of trumps witnesses is just making stuff up.

https://twitter.com/ASFleischman/status/1327318533328482304

• Registered Users Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What are the latest figures on covid?

Meanwhile...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1328055196904251397?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

everlast75 wrote: »

Meanwhile...

He should be packing his bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭briany

He should be packing his bags.

tenor.gif

Pack your bags, Donny. You're invited to an all-expenses-paid vacation on Rikers island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

everlast75 wrote: »

Meanwhile...

Nice.

Wasn't too long ago people on here were also complaining about Bolton and his war hawk leanings.

It's a bit like George Bush jr. People hated him for his destruction of half the middle east but then when he got a bit old and started painting pictures of flowers people loved him again. All forgiven.

Pure populism

Nice.

Wasn't too long ago people on here were also complaining about Bolton and his war hawk leanings.

Doubt anyone has changed their opinions of Bolton. But Trump's criticism of Bolton is motivated by a hurt ego and nothing more.

Doubt anyone has changed their opinions of Bolton. But Trump's criticism of Bolton is motivated by a hurt ego and nothing more.

Hes entitled to have a bruised ego. Hes only human. Bolton is bad news. Trump was right to give him the boot.

• Advertisement

You'd imagine

It isn't so that is where you are going wrong. The real figures were presented to you but you decided to ignore them and go with the figures in your head instead. How very trumpian.

Hes entitled to have a bruised ego. Hes only human. Bolton is bad news. Trump was right to give him the boot.

Hes a 74 year old man ranting on twitter like a child. Calling people names.

Its weird how so many people he appointed turned out to be so terrible at their jobs and needed firing. You'd think a good businessman would know how to hire decent people.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

sdanseo wrote: »
    You're misunderstanding my point. I know well how to work out a percentage; the fact is 4 million more people got off their arses for Trump than they did for Obama. And that was marked as a turning point in US politics.

Of course, thankfully another 5 million or so again got off their hinds for Biden despite him being so medicore. But ignore Trump's base at your peril, the divide can't be fixed by simply chucking them aside.

trump pretty much ignored everyone not in his base, and actively made them dislike him even more. He did the "at your peril" bit and lost, should have given that advise to trump 4 years ago.

He's a president acting out on Twitter on a constant basis. Other Presidents have had bruised ego, they haven't had a public breakdown.... It's simply not presidential behaviour.

Hes a 74 year old man ranting on twitter like a child. Calling people names.

Its weird how so many people he appointed turned out to be so terrible at their jobs and needed firing. You'd think a good businessman would know how to hire decent people.

A good business man knows when to let them go too if they cant live up to standards.

Bolton didn't make the cut. And like Bolton wanderers he was relegated from the premier league

A good business man knows when to let them go too if they cant live up to standards.

Or maybe it gets to the point when it cant be everyone else and eventually its clear you're the problem?

And with that, Donald got fired.................:)

He's a president acting out on Twitter on a constant basis. Other Presidents have had bruised ego, they haven't had a public breakdown.... It's simply not presidential behaviour.

Agreed. Not presidential behaviour whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

You will of course have stats to show how many people are just deciding late in their preganancies to have abortions..................

I don't need stats. The choice is there. That's why lots of Christians voted for him

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If mail in voting is so great why is it not used here fully, and in UK. Do away with voting in person? Won't happen, and we all know why, it's not safe, yet everyone is applauding it for the USA to use, as it achieved the goal of getting rid of Trump.

I'm sure you can link to all the studies and investigations that prove that postal voting is "not safe"? Have you held this opinion for a while or is it since Trump started his disinformation campaign?

• Advertisement

Or maybe it gets to the point when it cant be everyone else and eventually its clear you're the problem?

And with that, Donald got fired.................:)

Would you be a Steve Bannon or John Bolton fan yourself then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement