Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

everlast75 wrote: »
    False equivalency, once more.

There is nothing false about it. Hes looking for donations.

From the site "joebiden.com"

"WE ARE RELAUNCHING THE BIDEN FIGHT FUND

Donald Trump is doubling down on lawsuits. We need to be able to afford the legal battles ahead, and ensure Trump doesn't win them just because we don't have the funds to fight back. Will you donate directly to the Biden Fight Fund right now so that we can pay for the new round of legal resources for our campaign and for Democrats across the country?

$15$32$50$100$250$500$2800OTHER

If you’ve saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately"

They are all grifters. He also has a shop where you can buy stupidly priced tat.

If you dont donate Trump might win. Charming

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

There is nothing false about it. Hes looking for donations.

From the site "joebiden.com"

"WE ARE RELAUNCHING THE BIDEN FIGHT FUND

Donald Trump is doubling down on lawsuits. We need to be able to afford the legal battles ahead, and ensure Trump doesn't win them just because we don't have the funds to fight back. Will you donate directly to the Biden Fight Fund right now so that we can pay for the new round of legal resources for our campaign and for Democrats across the country?

$15$32$50$100$250$500$2800OTHER

If you’ve saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately"

They are all grifters. He also has a shop where you can buy stupidly priced tat.

If you dont donate Trump might win. Charming

Probably got the idea from this guy

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com

Probably got the idea from this guy

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com

https://store.joebiden.com

They are both very expensive. Gullible folk either side of the political spectrum I suppose

35 dollars for a Monique Pean face mask. Ah here Joe you are pulling my leg

The line about Trump might win if you dont donate is very wholesome isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

https://store.joebiden.com

They are both very expensive. Gullible folk either side of the political spectrum I suppose

35 dollars for a Monique Pean face mask. Ah here Joe you are pulling my leg

As you said, gullible folk on both sides.

As you said, gullible folk on both sides.

Both are running with the "give me money or the other guy might win" line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Both are running with the "give me money or the other guy might win" line

One of them is the legitimate winner of the election and is facing spurious but dangerous law suits that have huge ramifications in the unlikely event that the other succeeds.

On the other hand, you have a grifter that lost, is launching actions knowing that they have little chance of succeeding and using 50-60% of the funds received to pay campaign debt.

One of them is the legitimate winner of the election and is facing spurious but dangerous law suits that have huge ramifications in the unlikely event that the other succeeds.

On the other hand, you have a grifter that lost, is launching actions knowing that they have little chance of succeeding and using 50-60% of the funds received to pay campaign debt.

Yeah they are both hawking hats and tshirts for profit and trying to scare gullible Americans into donating cash money.

Dress it up how you will.

But Biden doing it is different. Pure populism

• Registered Users Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Yeah they are both hawking hats and tshirts for profit and trying to scare gullible Americans into donating cash money.

Dress it up how you will.

But Biden doing it is different. Pure populism

You can't discern the difference?

Really?

Yes, the idea that politicians ask for money is ridiculous. But to equate the two shows a frightening inability to look at details.

You've been sold the idea that "the others" are just as bad so that you ignore Trump's flaws.

They are not the same.

One is a politician.

One is a dangerous, ruthless, grifter that's prepared to scorch the earth rather than respect the country he swore to protect.

Biden is not my choice. Nor was Harris. But don't think for one monent that just because they are politicians, 4 more years of Trump would be preferable. It's bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

I don't buy the grifting angle (pin not originally intended, but I'm having it!).

The grift/business opportunity will come later with whatever wanky 'news' media company he will pedal.

This right now is only about the ego. The campaign is still alive in his mind. The asking for money is business as usual campaign work (ie no special extra grifting).

You can't discern the difference?

Really?

Yes, the idea that politicians ask for money is ridiculous. But to equate the two shows a frightening inability to look at details.

You've been sold the idea that "the others" are just as bad so that you ignore Trump's flaws.

They are not the same.

One is a politician.

One is a dangerous, ruthless, grifter that's prepared to scorch the earth rather than respect the country he swore to protect.

Biden is not my choice. Nor was Harris. But don't think for one monent that just because they are politicians, 4 more years of Trump would be preferable. It's bonkers.

You are going from 1 to 100 there friend.

You are talking about scorched earth and 4 more years of Trump.

I never mentioned any of that. I'm talking about both of their selling of tat and trying to scare people into donating money to their respective campaigns or pockets.

Both are grifters plain and simple. Just because you prefer one side over the other doesn't mean what they are doing is different or one is acceptable and the other isn't.

That's why I say its populism. It's okay for my to do it but not yours. It's the same thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1327988661418340353?s=19

Once again showing contempt for the people he's supposed to lead. Deactivate Trump is now trending...we'll see if Twitter have the balls to do it.

I never mentioned any of that. I'm talking about both of their selling of tat and trying to scare people into donating money to their respective campaigns or pockets.

Both are grifters plain and simple. Just because you prefer one side over the other doesn't mean what they are doing is different or one is acceptable and the other isn't.

That's why I say its populism. It's okay for my to do it but not yours. It's the same thing!

The path of the donations to Trump seem to be being used for all kinds of purposes including paying off debts. The other is literally to have a legal team to combat it. It simply wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Trump doing so. It's a pretty reasonable response

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Its just silly comparing the two

Give up .. ur man lost

What is next .... getting your knickers in a twist when Biden plays a round of golf ?

The path of the donations to Trump seem to be being used for all kinds of purposes including paying off debts. The other is literally to have a legal team to combat it. It simply wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Trump doing so. It's a pretty reasonable response

Judges are throwing out cases left right and centre. I presume the donated monies will be returned in that case then?

Although you are just going through excuses to say it's ok for Biden to grift but it isnt ok for Trump.

Doesn't it say on the Trump page that donations are also going to pay off campaign debt? No secrets there.

They are both doing the same thing. Grifting and preying on silly individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Judges are throwing out cases left right and centre. I presume the donated monies will be returned in that case then?

Trump giving money back ??

tenor.gif

"Contributions to Biden Fight Fund from persons/multicandidate committees shall be allocated in the following order: $142,000/$60,000 the DNC, $2,800/$5,000 to the Biden for President Recount Account, and any additional funds to the DNC, subject to applicable contribution"

Donations go to both Biden and the Democrat party with the bulk going to the party.
    Anything left over also goes to the party.

That's grifting guys. If there was no court case the party gets every dollar

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

"Contributions to Biden Fight Fund from persons/multicandidate committees shall be allocated in the following order: $142,000/$60,000 the DNC, $2,800/$5,000 to the Biden for President Recount Account, and any additional funds to the DNC, subject to applicable contribution"

Donations go to both Biden and the Democrat party. Lol
    Anything left over also goes to the party.

insanity. How people still are donating to either of them is beyond me. How some people will defend the donations to Biden is doubly concerning.

insanity. How people still are donating to either of them is beyond me. How some people will defend the donations to Biden is doubly concerning.

The vast majority of the funds are going to the party.

The donation ad says if people dont donate then Trump might win in court because they won't be able to fight it!

And people say Trump is a gangster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The vast majority of the funds are going to the party.

The donation ad says if people dont donate then Trump might win in court because they won't be able to fight it!

And people say Trump is a gangster!!

Are you really arguing how politicians generally operate? Obama raised vast amounts for his campaign as well.

trump pursuing frivolous lawsuits is denial of reality.

trump ordered children to be separated from their parents as a means of immigration control, try and defend trump, rather than pretending that other politicians are as awful as him, they are not.

astrofool wrote: »
    Are you really arguing how politicians generally operate? Obama raised vast amounts for his campaign as well.

trump pursuing frivolous lawsuits is denial of reality.

trump ordered children to be separated from their parents as a means of immigration control, try and defend trump, rather than pretending that other politicians are as awful as him, they are not.

Trump grifting for money for lawsuits and campaign debt was a big no no recently. Now that Biden is doing the same grifting and using lines like " if you dont donate Trunp might win" while in reality the vast majority of donations go to the party it suddenly doesn't matter.

You can't call one out and give the other a free pass for the same thing.

You can change back to talking about Trump and immigration cages if you like but at the same time ignoring that Biden just rehired a staunch cage defender who has called people deported without committing a crime as " collateral damage "

Its populism. Different rules for different folks. All depends on which side you are on.
    Call them all out on their actions or none at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

When Biden/Harris get in, we can all call them out on their actions.

trump can continue to be called out on his ongoing moronic sh*thousery.

Is the best you have to defend trump with "in some ways other people are just as sh*t as him", because in lots of other ways, he's an as*hole as well.

Do you think trump is a good or bad person for ordering children to be separated from parents? If Biden does the same, I will think he is an ass as well.

Is it just mental gymnastics you're trying to pull to justify supporting him?

astrofool wrote: »
    When Biden/Harris get in, we can all call them out on their actions.

trump can continue to be called out on his ongoing moronic sh*thousery.

Is the best you have to defend trump with "in some ways other people are just as sh*t as him", because in lots of other ways, he's an as*hole as well.

Do you think trump is a good or bad person for ordering children to be separated from parents? If Biden does the same, I will think he is an ass as well.

Is it just mental gymnastics you're trying to pull to justify supporting him?

I don't support him. The man is a con artist and a bully.

Children should never have been put alone in cages. Some of the money pissed away on the wall should have been put towards border control administration. If people cant stay in the Us they need to be documented, rounded up and brought back over as quickly as possible.

"When Biden/Harris get in, we can all call them out on their actions"

I have my doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Hoop66

how much influence do you think social media has?

Usual failure to address issues. Just a thrown out question intended to deflect. Really cannot be considered posting in good faith.

Social media has a huge influence in elections these days, Trumps campaign spent 44% of its budget on digital in 2019. You know this. Your question was not asked to gain information, it was asked to divert attention from your lack of reasoned argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

biko wrote: »
    Have you finally got over that Hillary lost in 2016?

We have, took a good 3 or 4 days.

I swear some conservatives think she won the way ye still go on about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Billy Mays wrote: »

I'm 100% convinced those guys went to that march to paint that exact picture of Trump supporters. Getting on to media was probably part of their plan.

And fair play to them for doing it I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Elections are messy and mistakes are inevitable but judges and the laws they interpret rightly set a high bar to anybody who alleges electoral fraud. Hard evidence of a widespread conspiracy has to be produced or otherwise every loser would be running to the courts to disrupt democracy. In the absence of such evidence, such lawsuits merely provide more fodder for QAnon and Co. which may be why prestigious legal firms are abandoning Trump’s effort.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Are there no senior White House or GOP advisors that can tell him he’s being a gob****e and to stop tweeting ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

He's gone full Henry Sellers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

He's gone full Henry Sellers.

There’s a fierce resemblance tbh!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement