Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

biko wrote: »
    I think his biggest presidential achievement is minimising killing people in foreign countries.
    But eternal war efforts will resume in 2021 under new management

That's not true though, arms deals increased under Trump... Do you think the bombs were used in a peaceful way by the likes of Saudi Arabia? Plus drone strike figures aren't even reported any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

That's not true though, arms deals increased under Trump... Do you think the bombs were used in a peaceful way by the likes of Saudi Arabia? Plus drone strike figures aren't even reported any more.

You are forgetting the MOAB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I think his biggest presidential achievement is minimising killing people in foreign countries.

Except drone strikes and civilian deaths in middle east and Africa increased massively under Trump then the administration stopped reporting them..

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/02/trump-impeachment-civilian-casualties-war/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Except drone strikes and civilian deaths in middle east and Africa increased massively under Trump then the administration stopped reporting them..

That is only relevant if you are interested in facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The usual scenario played out is:

People talking about information that is about a 10 second search away

Poster comes along stating that people are talking without facts (despite having posted without facts themselves)

Everyone posts easily gettable facts

Poster slinks away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's interesting, thanks.

So so far we have that Trump administration have dropped more bombs in Yemen than Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Hadn't Trump dropped more bombs and used more drones than Obama right up to the point Trumps team decided to stop reporting on it.

Trump wasn't peaceful.
    I guess without sources we'll never know.
    You guys aren't very good at backing up your statements. Hopefully one day that will change.
    happier to live in ignorance are we?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47480207

Can we please stop this tit-for-tat nonsense.
    Trump is indefensible IMO for the sheer quantity of abuses of power, lies and political missteps.
    I'm sure you'll find other presidents who are worse in one or two aspects, but there has never been an American president who is so widely reviled in his own country and the wider world.

The worst thing about modern politics is that people refuse to criticise their own side to the point of religious fervor.

Republicans should be the harshest critics of Trump, sure they're the ones keeping him in power. Democrats should be the harshest critics of Biden.

But so long as the logic is flipped, Trump and Biden can do whatever they want, so long as their supports can point to some aspect the other side has done that's worse.

It's f*cking retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Absolute nonsense of the highest order. Trump has not ended any wars or completely removed troops from the Mideast. In that, he is as bad as Obama. His use of drone strikes completely outstrips Obama and he revoked an executive order by Obama requiring US intelligence officials to publish the number of civilians killed in drone strikes outside of war zones.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Trump is indefensible IMO for the sheer quantity of abuses of power, lies and political missteps.
    I'm sure you'll find other presidents who are worse in one or two aspects, but there has never been an American president who is so widely reviled in his own country and the wider world.

The worst thing about modern politics is that people refuse to criticise their own side to the point of religious fervor.

Republicans should be the harshest critics of Trump, sure they're the ones keeping him in power. Democrats should be the harshest critics of Biden.

But so long as the logic is flipped, Trump and Biden can do whatever they want, so long as their supports can point to some aspect the other side has done that's worse.

It's f*cking retarded.

what is your problem with my post? be specific.

So so far we have that Trump administration have dropped more bombs in Yemen than Obama.

Nobody has time for your nonsense.

• Advertisement

Padre_Pio wrote: »

It's f*cking retarded.

Disagree. A user posted a statement without evidence, and several users provided evidence to show that that statement was false. This was not "tit-for-tat nonsense". These responses are needed to motivate Trumpists to do a bit of research of their own so that they can see that just because Donnie tweeted this or that doesn't mean it's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭briany

Yes, drone strikes have remained very much a thing under Trump. The idea that Trump did not drag the US into any more foreign wars is a bit off base, as US presidents cannot unilaterally do this anyway. There might be extenuating circumstances where this is not true, but the procedure for declaring war usually runs through US Congress.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

From the link you quoted
    Trump, it is worth noting, is not the only one responsible for these deaths. The wars began long before he came into office, after all. But under his watch, and with his assent, they have been waged with more brutality and less apparent regard for innocent life.

What is it you don't understand ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Trump tweet stating that he never claimed the Pfizer vaccine was funded by Operation Warp Speed and his administration never had anything to do with the vaccine development incoming in 3... 2... 1...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54902908

Good news is that despite using similar system to cause the immune response, the Moderna one doesn't require -80C freezers and it will last for 30 days at -20c rather than only 5 days that the Pfizer one manages.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How do you know he did this? He ordered the reporting of drone strikes to be stopped after it was shown he had actually increased drone strikes/bombings.

Edit: I see the poster has already had his arse handed to him on a plate again so ignore the facts above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭swampgas

Anyone claiming to care about warmongering and the deaths of civilians, but who is unwilling to expend the tiniest effort to do some basic fact checking of what actually goes on, needs to cop themselves on.

It's pretty unpleasant to use incorrect data about the deaths of civilians as something that can be used for cheap point-scoring.

If you want to harp on about drone strikes, and not be a ar$ehole, then at least try to get your facts right.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How do you know he did this?
    By not starting new wars and trying to pull out of Afghanistan.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/13/us/politics/trump-afghanistan-troops.html
    President Trump’s supporters hope he is the president to end America’s longest war.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54060026
    Mr O'Hanlon says: "Mr Trump has scaled back the presence he inherited in Afghanistan and to a limited extent in Iraq and Syria."
    But, says Mr O'Hanlon: "He has only moved the needle modestly in terms of global operations and deployments, as we remain everywhere that we were on January 20, 2017 when he took office."

sounds like he did a fantastic job
    as we remain everywhere that we were on January 20, 2017 when he took office."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Never seen him quote the same tweet in the space of 2mins.

Did he ever build his wall in the end?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1328325695362256898

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1328325369267675141

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I guess without sources we'll never know.
    You guys aren't very good at backing up your statements. Hopefully one day that will change.
    The fact that drone strikes increase sharply under Trump until he stopped reporting on their figures. Here's a source for you https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/news/2019/5/8/18619206/under-donald-trump-drone-strikes-far-exceed-obama-s-numbers

Wouldn't it be better if they just continuously posted verifiably untrue nonsense and ran away when questioned on any of it, only to come back and post the same verifiably untrue nonsense all over a few weeks later. #bikomethod

Looking forward to 4 years of you hypocritically and dishonestly pretending to care about drone strikes, accountability and transparency in government by the way. It's not like you've spent the last 4 completely f*cking your credibility on these issues or anything.

• Advertisement

Pulling out of the likes of Afghanistan too quickly results in military contractors taking over. So it's more like the conflict ends up privatised, it doesn't simply end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

• Registered Users Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

RasTa wrote: »
    Did he ever build his wall in the end?

Nope...well, he built a tiny section of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Nope...well, he built a tiny section of it.

Didn't it fall over in the wind?

Didn't it fall over in the wind?

yeah but it was a really strong wind. the bigliest wind

• Registered Users Posts: 19,820 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Here ya go.

Unfiltered. No "media bias".

Just who each is as a person.

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1328345686685970434?s=19

One, whether you like him or not, behaving as a public representative should.

The other, a petulant brute, a petty, small man desperate for approval.

Tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

How could you possibly believe this?

Because it is true, Everyone loved Trump before he ran for president, then suddenly he was a white supremist, racist, Manchurian candidate :rolleyes:.

I think you have all been fooled, I was too until I saw unedited footage, debunked lies and full quotes by him that were misrepresented by those who oppose him. It all became propaganda and not actual truth. Any time I hear the ill informed say he is a warmonger or a dictator I just pity them as it could not be future from the truth, Trump is one of the few presidents that is anti-war. A generation of people who just read headlines or get their news from twitter can not be a good thing.

In the words of the big man himself "it is what it is." If you tell a lie enough it then becomes truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

swampgas wrote: »
    It's pretty unpleasant to use incorrect data about the deaths of civilians as something that can be used for cheap point-scoring.

Isnt that what Biden did during the debate, using people that had died from covid as cheap point-scoring?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,820 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Because it is true, Everyone loved Trump before he ran for president, then suddenly he was a white supremist, racist, Manchurian candidate :rolleyes:.

I think you have all been fooled, I was too until I saw unedited footage, debunked lies and full quotes by him that were misrepresented by those who oppose him. It all became propaganda and not actual truth. Any time I hear the ill informed say he is a warmonger or a dictator I just pity them as it could not be future from the truth, Trump is one of the few presidents that is anti-war. A generation of people who just read headlines or get their news from twitter can not be a good thing.

In the words of the big man himself "it is what it is." If you tell a lie enough it then becomes truth.

Hi OP - Your post isn't posted in the "ironic" font.

You may want to fix that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

"the China Plague".

More than 5 million Chinese-Americans - I wonder how many votes he lost there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement