Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Everyone loved Trump before he ran for president

Uhhhh No

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Because it is true, Everyone loved Trump before he ran for president, then suddenly he was a white supremist, racist, Manchurian candidate :rolleyes:.

I think you have all been fooled, I was too until I saw unedited footage, debunked lies and full quotes by him that were misrepresented by those who oppose him. It all became propaganda and not actual truth. Any time I hear the ill informed say he is a warmonger or a dictator I just pity them as it could not be future from the truth, Trump is one of the few presidents that is anti-war. A generation of people who just read headlines or get their news from twitter can not be a good thing.

In the words of the big man himself "it is what it is." If you tell a lie enough it then becomes truth.

meter.jpg

irony-meter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Because it is true, Everyone loved Trump before he ran for president, then suddenly he was a white supremist, racist, Manchurian candidate :rolleyes:.

The bit in bold isn't true at all. He might have been on a popular TV show but New Yorkers, for example, had a very poor opinion of him well before the Presidential aspirations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Isnt that what Biden did during the debate, using people that had died from covid as cheap point-scoring?

If your opponent is responsible for a lot of them dying unnecessary It is not considered cheap point scoring .... I hope you understand this

Suddenly? The man has been sued for racial discrimination as early as the 70s.

https://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495955920/donald-trump-plagued-by-decades-old-housing-discrimination-case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

biko wrote: »
    I think his biggest presidential achievement is minimising killing people in foreign countries.
    But eternal war efforts will resume in 2021 under new management

You are completely out of touch with reality:

Obama-bombs.jpg

Trump-bombs.jpg

The decline in Yemen is only because the killing of civillians responsibility was neatly handed off to the Saudis', so not dissimilar to his ploy of banning reporting of afghanistan air-strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good, responses with facts, albeit snarky comment, are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I think you have all been fooled, I was too until I saw unedited footage, debunked lies and full quotes by him that were misrepresented by those who oppose him. It all became propaganda and not actual truth. Any time I hear the ill informed say he is a warmonger or a dictator I just pity them as it could not be future from the truth, Trump is one of the few presidents that is anti-war. A generation of people who just read headlines or get their news from twitter can not be a good thing.

In the words of the big man himself "it is what it is." If you tell a lie enough it then becomes truth.

I always thought the guy was an asshole, seeing his behaviour when campaigning and during his time in power just re-enforced it. Don't think I've ever felt the need to call him a warmonger although his fairly prodigious use of drone strikes would not mark him out as the pacifist that many on the right seem to believe him to be. A dictator? Nah, he has the ego and his actions right now suggest someone who would override everything to hold on to power but the US seems to have too many checks and balances in place for this to ever actually happen.

I haven't been fooled and I don't use Twitter as my main news source - the only time I'm ever on Twitter is to read directly what Trump has said. The guy has consistently stayed the same asshole that he always was.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Right, but do you now see that your previous position that Trump was somehow a more peaceful POTUS than Obama is wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Sweet cream on an ice-cream sandwich. You simply cannot be serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Right, but do you now see that your previous position that Trump was somehow a more peaceful POTUS than Obama is wrong?

That was not his position. His position was that it is funny to post nonsense and then force other posters to refute it with facts and references. The nonsense itself doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I can remember US presidents going back as far as Reagan, both Republican and Democratic. No matter whether they were Republican or Democrat, I've never thought much of either side over the other until now. But Trump has succeeded in having the rest of the world look at US Republicans as a bunch of racist and stupid neanderthals. But then maybe this is the new normal, where they can be excused for being no different than Russians who support Putin, or Chinese who support the CCP; Maduro, Duterte followers etc.

But where Trump, trumps them all is in his mastery of using social media to get around accountability. Fox News has fallen out of favour because they have the temerity to be able to question him, but he can say anything on Twitter and the most that will happen is a line saying this might be disputed.

One thing for sure is that he has not succeeded with, nor could he "Make America Great Again".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I think his biggest presidential achievement is minimising killing people in foreign countries.
    But eternal war efforts will resume in 2021 under new management

The only thing he minimised was the transparency and requirement to report on civilian deaths from US bombing abroad. Bombing and drone campaigns have increased under Trump but the transparency has disappeared and that's why you don't hear about. This has been explained numerous times on this and other threads and you Trump fans refuse to acknowledge it.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/05/22/obama-drones-trump-killings-count/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The Governor of Ohio at the weekend.
    “It’s clear that, certainly, based on what we know now, that Joe Biden is the president-elect. And that transition, for the country’s sake, it’s important for a normal transition to start through,” DeWine – a Republican like Trump – said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “And the president can go on his other track and his legal track. We should respect that, but we also need to begin that process.”

Pretty fair and reasoned comment based on actual reality.

How would a petulant man baby react to it I wonder?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1328349382023000064

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

0zOaDM9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Would you even recognise facts?

Was that snarky enough for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

cnocbui wrote: »
    You are completely out of touch with reality:

Obama-bombs.jpg

Trump-bombs.jpg

The decline in Yemen is only because the killing of civillians responsibility was neatly handed off to the Saudis', so not dissimilar to his ploy of banning reporting of afghanistan air-strikes.

Can a mod sticky this post at the top of the thread please?

I'm sure it's getting really tiresome for people who have to go fetch it every time some Trump worshipper posts the same lie about his lack of drone strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

In the 1980s, Sesame Street based a villain on him.

Can you imagine how disliked somebody would have to be to make an enemy of Sesame Street?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I can remember US presidents going back as far as Reagan, both Republican and Democratic. No matter whether they were Republican or Democrat, I've never thought much of either side over the other until now. But Trump has succeeded in having the rest of the world look at US Republicans as a bunch of racist and stupid neanderthals. But then maybe this is the new normal, where they can be excused for being no different than Russians who support Putin, or Chinese who support the CCP; Maduro, Duterte followers etc.

But where Trump, trumps them all is in his mastery of using social media to get around accountability. Fox News has fallen out of favour because they have the temerity to be able to question him, but he can say anything on Twitter and the most that will happen is a line saying this might be disputed.

One thing for sure is that he has not succeeded with, nor could he "Make America Great Again".

I think what Trump is doing with his refusal to accept the democratic process is treason. He is undermining America and and encouraging sedition.

That's not even considering the way he actively encourages people to flout Covid restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump has now lost or withdrawn 24 cases since the election. The 1 win was a minor issue in Pennsylvania that affected a tiny number of votes. #winning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Can you imagine how disliked somebody would have to be to make an enemy of Sesame Street?!?

Biff Tannen in Back to the Future also https://www.nme.com/news/back-to-the-future-writer-reveals-biff-tannen-was-inspired-by-donald-trump-2560286

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Speak for yourself. I’ve thought little of him for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

py2006 wrote: »
    Sweet cream on an ice-cream sandwich. You simply cannot be serious.

Thank you for the LOL, py2006! I will be using this phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Thank you for the LOL, py2006! I will be using this phrase.

I can't take all the credit, here is the full quote:

Very apt response to Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

He was a running joke on the Simpsons.

A joke which cut remarkably close to the bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Trump has now lost or withdrawn 24 cases since the election. The 1 win was a minor issue in Pennsylvania that affected a tiny number of votes. #winning

He should be sued for wasting court time. An absolute joke.

swampgas wrote: »
    Anyone claiming to care about warmongering and the deaths of civilians, but who is unwilling to expend the tiniest effort to do some basic fact checking of what actually goes on, needs to cop themselves on.

It's pretty unpleasant to use incorrect data about the deaths of civilians as something that can be used for cheap point-scoring.

If you want to harp on about drone strikes, and not be a ar$ehole, then at least try to get your facts right.

Given that some here have said that people trying to escape from places being bombed should be left to drown at sea, it's a bit of a laugh that they are suddenly worried about them.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You are confusing "Notoriety" with "Liked/Loved"

He was popular/notorious in the way that that one bar in every town is - You know the one , the one that always has a squad car outside with the lights on usually accompanied by an Ambulance.

Everyone hates the place , but somehow you can't not at least walk past ,just to see what absolute mayhem is going on.

(Some) People enjoyed watching him on TV to marvel at his utterly blatant sh!te-hawkery and stage managed vacuous banality.

Very very few people "liked" him let alone "loved" him.

A big part of his personality was formed by how utterly despised he was in New York in the 1980's - He couldn't understand why "high society" viewed him as something they had just stepped in.

He was never accepted and never liked. He so desperately wanted to be like by the Hamptons crowd and simply never could - To them he was just a uncouth barrow-boy from Jersey - And they weren't wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    You are confusing "Notoriety" with "Liked/Loved"

He was popular/notorious in the way that that one bar in every town is - You know the one , the one that always has a squad car outside with the lights on usually accompanied by an Ambulance.

Everyone hates the place , but somehow you can't not at least walk past ,just to see what absolute mayhem is going on.

(Some) People enjoyed watching him on TV to marvel at his utterly blatant sh!te-hawkery and stage managed vacuous banality.

Very very few people "liked" him let alone "loved" him.

A big part of his personality was formed by how utterly despised he was in New York in the 1980's - He couldn't understand why "high society" viewed him as something they had just stepped in.

He was never accepted and never liked. He so desperately wanted to be like by the Hamptons crowd and simply never could - To them he was just a uncouth barrow-boy from Jersey - And they weren't wrong.

Well he showed them didn't he!

He went on to become the 45th president of the United states of America. Arguably the highest most powerful position on the planet.

Stick that in your prawn sandwich Hampton boys and girls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Aside from all the hateful attacks. To cheer my other conservative friends up, we've now reached the point that we have almost certainty that neither Bernie sanders or Hillary Clinton will ever have a chance of becoming US president. Just a bit of warmth on this November eve.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement