Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

biko wrote: »
    What do you think these list will be used for? In what context will they be used?
    What in your opinion will they be held to account for?

Crimes. Covering up crimes.

Take Bill Barr, the current AG. Was welcomed by both parties as AG in 1991, but advocating for pardons of Iran Contra crimes means he went on everyone's list.

When Trump appointed him AG, everyone knew crimes and coverups were coming and 45 Democrats voted against him.

Thats the sort of list we are talking about - everyone who helped Trump should be on a list, none of them should be hired by an honest employer ever again, and everyone should know when a crook hires them and boycott them forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

weisses wrote: »
    You named it a revenge list ... So how will this revenge play out

Depends on how far this list goes, officials in the white house and career politicians Im not worried about people should know what they stand for and what they do and don't support but private citizens who donate money or people who helped campaign or raised money locally they should not be treated like this.

It'll make people think twice about getting involved in politics or supporting a candidate that bucks the mainstream talking points thats for sure. Thats the goal of course, stay in your place and keep quiet or we'll make life tough for you.

Maybe their name will be flagged when potential employers search them during the hiring process. Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thats the sort of list we are talking about - everyone who helped Trump should be on a list, none of them should be hired by an honest employer ever again, and everyone should know when a crook hires them and boycott them forever.
    So, revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

So, revenge.

Consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Depends on how far this list goes, officials in the white house and career politicians Im not worried about people should know what they stand for and what they do and don't support but private citizens who donate money or people who helped campaign or raised money locally they should not be treated like this.

It'll make people think twice about getting involved in politics or supporting a candidate that bucks the mainstream talking points thats for sure. Thats the goal of course, stay in your place and keep quiet or we'll make life tough for you.

Maybe their name will be flagged when potential employers search them during the hiring process. Who knows?

You didn't read the article did you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

So, revenge.

Do you honestly don't get it .. Our are you deliberately obtuse ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

So, revenge.

It is simply a list of people whose CV you should check in case they forgot to include the fact that they willingly helped the worst American President in 100 years kill a half million* of your fellow citizens.

Why would anyone but another crook hire any of them?

(* not a half million yet, but it will be by Jan 21st)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

So, revenge.

If somebody has a demonstrable track record of abusing public office on that scale, it would be irresponsible to let them carry on doing it unhindered in future. Nobody has an inalienable right to act the prick, and accountability is a foundational necessity of public service; otherwise you get guys like Trump himself, so used to having free rein to loot the public purse and damage public institutions it'll take years just to rebuild what he's wrecked.

There is no good look in being complicit in this administration at this point, the point of plausible deniability is years gone. Anybody involved in the central racket of it should be considered irreparably compromised because they were, by definition, willing to enable a dangerous con man for their own benefit and to the cost of everyone else.

It's past time to keep coddling people who consider themselves untouchable, it only greenlights the ones coming after them. We know it does, we've seen what became of the post Nixon GOP.

You didn't read the article did you ?

No Im at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,819 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I hope it doesn't happen, it'd be a shame to start a war now.

There are a lot of "officials said" but no names. Are NYT protecting official sources?

That's what newspapers do.

What you will find however is that a lot of people won't stand up to trump, because he is an out and out bully. So they will leak stories, nothing more.

Ironically, it has mostly been women that have had the balls to stand up to him.

• Advertisement

No Im at work.

You had time to write a response a few paragraphs long to an article you didn't read, but you didn't have time to read the very short article itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It is simply a list of people whose CV you should check in case they forgot to include the fact that they willingly helped the worst American President in 100 years kill a half million* of your fellow citizens.

Apologies but your post is a pile of sh1te.

I'm not a Trump fan by any means but your post is an outright lie. Trump didn't kill half a million of his fellow citizens. He didn't kill anybody.

He mismanaged the COVID-19 situation, but it's a complete exaggeration to say he killed anyone.

If you are against Trump, fine. I'm not a fan of his either but at least stick to truths.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Apologies but your post is a pile of sh1te.

I'm not a Trump fan by any means but your post is an outright lie. Trump didn't kill half a million of his fellow citizens. He didn't kill anybody.

He mismanaged the COVID-19 situation, but it's a complete exaggeration to say he killed anyone.

If you are against Trump, fine. I'm not a fan of his either but at least stick to truths.

hw many people died after attending his rallies? You dont think he is directly responsible for holding those events and the consequences thereof?

hw many people died after attending his rallies? You dont think he is directly responsible for holding those events and the consequences thereof?

Yes, the spread of COVID-19 accelerated because gobsh1tes didn't practice social distancing at his rallies. But equally COVID-19 accelerated becasue gobsh1tes didn't practice social distancing at BLM marches, in the stores, ah fcuk it, the Yanks didn't practice social distancing in a lot of places.

It's true to say that Trump's policies didn't do much to slow the spread of COVID-19, but it's a lie to say he killed anyone.

It's totally incorrect to say Trump killed people when he didn't. His policies didn't help, but he didn't kill anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

As I said, nobody is asking this. It is an impossibility if they were fully legal and valid votes.

The post of mine you quoted literally has a link to people - Georgia's Republican secretary of state at that - saying exactly that, and naming names.

If you actually care about electoral integrity that will automatically be a huge concern to you. So... is it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If crimes have been committed then regular process will kick in, or should have already kicked in.

“Every Administration staffer, campaign staffer, bundler, lawyer who represented them — everyone.” they all did crimes according to you?

Like the regular processes that triggered a recount of the Georgia results anyway, without needing Trump to start demanding that the count be stopped/ continue.
    The regular processes of confirming the results which discovered the missing 2600 votes, without the need for Trump to file dozens of lawsuits about voting fraud with zero evidence.
    The regular processes that found an issue with the vote for the local road sweeper* in some district in Georgia and has ordered a recount as there is 10 vote difference in it, without the need for Trump to be denying Biden access to daily briefings and funds for dealing with the transfer of power that he's entitled to.

Seems that the election processes are managing very well to resolve any of the exceedingly minor issues that have been found. No need for Trump to be claiming non-existent fraud two weeks on from losing the election result which isn't even close.

*May not have been for the road sweeper, but it certainly wasn't anything to do with the presidential votes that they found an issue with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

So, revenge.

Here's an example for you:

Someone shitposts in one of the many, many forums you mod. You give them a 24hr ban.

You let them back in.

They shit post again.

You give them a week ban.

They come back. They Shitpost again and they get a permanent ban.

They go to the CMods and they say,"Biko has been too hard on me, I deserve to be let back in"

The CMods go to Biko and they say, "Hey, whats the craic with this lad? Why was he banned"

You say, "look at his post history, he's been given a load of chances. I'm adding him to the banned list"

The CMods say," Sure, go ahead. He's only going to do it again anyway".

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yes, the spread of COVID-19 accelerated because gobsh1tes didn't practice social distancing at his rallies. But equally COVID-19 accelerated becasue gobsh1tes didn't practice social distancing at BLM marches, in the stores, ah fcuk it, the Yanks didn't practice social distancing in a lot of places.

It's true to say that Trump's policies didn't do much to slow the spread of COVID-19, but it's a lie to say he killed anyone.

It's totally incorrect to say Trump killed people when he didn't. His policies didn't help, but he didn't kill anyone.

Trumps policies did nothing to stop the spread of covid. In fact, Trumps policies encouraged the spread of covid. He is directly responsible for his policies and he is directly responsible for the consequences of those policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

So, revenge.

3cpAS6L.jpg

If crimes have been committed then regular process will kick in, or should have already kicked in.

im-208298?width=620&size=1.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Consequences.

I am sure the Nazi and Soviet communists' had excuses that made sense to them for putting people on lists also. It all sounds like the start of the 'up against the wall' movement that happened under those two evil regimes.

If someone has done something illegal in government then get the law to pursue them but do not start making lists, I think that would be obvious.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Here's an example for you:

Someone shitposts in one of the many, many forums you mod. You give them a 24hr ban.

You let them back in.

They shit post again.

You give them a week ban.

They come back. They Shitpost again and they get a permanent ban.

They go to the CMods and they say,"Biko has been too hard on me, I deserve to be let back in"

The CMods go to Biko and they say, "Hey, whats the craic with this lad? Why was he banned"

You say, "look at his post history, he's been given a load of chances. I'm adding him to the banned list"

The CMods say," Sure, go ahead. He's only going to do it again anyway".
    Funny analogy, since I do sometimes wonder how biko would react to someone repeatedly posting in the same manner as they do here in the forums they moderate.

Trumps policies did nothing to stop the spread of covid. In fact, Trumps policies encouraged the spread of covid. He is directly responsible for his policies and he is directly responsible for the consequences of those policies.

Accepted. His policies were sh1te.

But that doesn't change the fact that Trump didn't kill nearly half a million people.

You had time to write a response a few paragraphs long to an article you didn't read, but you didn't have time to read the very short article itself?

No, Im at work.

Accepted. His policies were sh1te.

But that doesn't change the fact that Trump didn't kill nearly half a million people.

Not half, only a quarter (so far).

Not half, only a quarter (so far).

Yes, his policies did little to halt the spread of COVID-19.

But lets stick to facts. A poster said Trump killed approx 500,000 people. That's not true. COVID-19 killed those people.

Saying Trump killed them is a lie because he didn't kill them.

Yes, his policies did little to halt the spread of COVID-19.

But lets stick to facts. A poster said Trump killed approx 500,000 people. That's not true. COVID-19 killed those people.

Saying Trump killed them is a lie because he didn't kill them.

His attitude to it, certainly helped kill a lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Consequences.
    Do you honestly don't get it .. Our are you deliberately obtuse ?

If a person breaks a law then there is already a system in place.
    I get that you're angry but what you guys are proscribing is simply put revenge.
    Hasn't Biden said it's time for the country to heal? You seem to be doing the opposite.

No, Im at work.

Try reading what I said again.

You have time to write this response at work to an article you haven't read, instead of reading the article itself which would have taken a shorter amount of time?

• Advertisement

His attitude to it, certainly helped kill a lot of them.

If I give you COVID-19, that doesn't mean that I killed you. Same principle with Trump.

Is the hatred for Trump so strong that people can't see that the statement that Trump killed 500,000 people is not true. Yes, Trump's policies didn't help, I'm acknowledging that fact, but that doesn't make him a mass killer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement