Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    No - It was a one off glitch caused by a duff USB key, which was spotted and corrected almost immediately - I don't even think the incorrect number was even announced

The Election officer also pointed out that the error would have been caught in later rounds of validation anyway so there is zero chance that the same error happened elsewhere and was missed.

Can you back that up? A one-off glitch from a duff USB key, sorry being working in Tech a long time and have never seen a duff USB key cause a pretty random software glitch...more likely it was programmed to happen, Hammer Software and Scorecard, possibly changed 3%. That's a lot more plausible than the duff USB key story, FBI and Justice department involved.

Go to 28.50 here...

robinph wrote: »
    It's not a nonsense system, at least in this part of it. This carry on with TV networks calling the results is purely down to us all being too impatient to wait until next week when the results are actually all counted.

Still only 66% of the California vote counted, and that hasn't changed all day. They have no reason to bother counting them just yet though, but they will be at some point in the next week.

The real result is not by the TV networks, they are just making best guesses and usually get it right.

arah i know, but jesus theres a bad lack of assertiveness or promotion of the legitimate processes (versus other comparable states, say) which does leave a vacuum more prone to abuse than elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,201 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

km991148 wrote: »
    And miraculously, only the states with Biden winning had fraud? Not one unsuccessful attempt in and Red states?
    I don't see him kicking up a fuss about the 300k ballots that went walkies in Florida...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's quite possible there was somewhere along the line, but the mail in ballots are a lot more susceptible to fraud.

No, they are not.

Saying over and over doesn't make it true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Fox, via Tucker Carlson now are pushing Trump to continue to cry foul and for the good of America to not accept the results they are being given.

He has a contributor on now going after Lindsey Graham. The civil war we feared could take place within the Republic party. And I'd be ok with that.

Just turned it on.

I presume Tucker doesn't really believe the rubbish he spouts? He is surely too intelligent? And he just plays to all these loons? Like that Crowder guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Than to cheat? Of course it wouldn't be easier to get votes the normal way than to cheat.

They had no idea how close it would be in the end, they just ballot stuffed as much as they could without letting it be too obvious.

So they didn't want to make it too obvious but at the same time it is too obvious because apparently everyone in the Trump camp can see it. The democrats really are **** at this. Why aren't they using the oh so subtle approach of "count where I'm losing, stop counting where I'm winning".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,539 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People voted in record numbers because they hated Trump, not because Biden inspired them.

I have no partisan allegiance but if I were American I would have voted for Biden.
    Simply because I have formed the opinion that Donald Trump is an absolute priicckk.

It’s one thing loosing it, but the manner in which he is loosing it, the election AND his mind and his manners... his general conduct in the campaign and indeed his office has been shîtty, unpresidential and he’s displayed traits of a schoolyard bully. .... I think this will be a stain on the Republican copybook for a decade to be honest, or longer, the timing of covid, his reaction to it, his comments , repeated lies about it... in the face of expert medical opinion and he told supporters: “Now we know it. It affects elderly people. Elderly people with heart problems and other problems. But they have other problems, that’s what it really affects, that’s it.”

He added: “But it affects virtually nobody. It’s an amazing thing.”

The US has recorded seven million cases and more than 200,000 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University researchers.

A fûcking idiot like that, in charge of the most important and influential democracy on earth.... sweet fück....no wonder he’s having his ass handed to him... unless Biden makes a bôllocks of it, we’ve seen the last of republicans in the presidential office for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Have any other group of presidential candidate supporters ever been been such sore losers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Anyway.. I'm sick of taking about fraud tbh. I pity anyone gullible to fall for it really.

Actually that's probably not fair, it's just a lot of people don't understand numbers that well. We all have our strengths and weaknesses.
    If you do understand how ridiculous it is, then simply ignoring the accusations should be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,703 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It's quite possible there was somewhere along the line, but the mail in ballots are a lot more susceptible to fraud.

No they are not.

• Advertisement

if theres a brazen way to cheat justice and democracy, let it never be supposed that the GOP would not be first and hardest at it.

Aside from persistence you have raised nothing to substantiate a single one of your insinuations thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't see any math in that post you put up of I'm mine.
    Also I've maintained all along that Biden is a poor candidate so i haven't changed.
    I'll admit though that I've been happier about him since the presidential debates began and was well impressed with his speech the other night.

I'm already on record in these threads saying that if the Democrats don't learn from this election that the USA is not ready to elect a female president then they'll never learn.
    They have a sure fire winner in four years in Andrew Cuomo. Just go with him and guarantee another four years.

<snip>
    Yesterday you claimed you predicted Biden to walk it since the beginning but all your posts mid covid show the opposite assertion. Just give it up. Once the trend started turning towards Biden you started ridiculing those who thought Trump could win and claimed yourself as sort of genius.

"Make no mistake"

"You are deluded ( if you can think Biden can win )"

"Trump will win again"

"No it's the truth"

"Ditch Biden now, landslide victory"

"I'm only pointing at where it will go"

"First election 3rd candidate has a real chance of winning"

"I called Hillary and Biden is going to lose he's the worst"

You are a bullshítter mate, it's easy to make the calls once the horse has crossed the line.

Ra5GSLM.png

xXsYKJP.png

mhFfjvA.png

hv8Uxkl

UYl2lG7.png

pBQQZdx.png

tlbJTvz.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

gmisk wrote: »
    Totally agree.
    I'd love the option to vote via post!

Oh and thanks for getting them to vote on the same sex marriage referendum....I hope they voted Yes...lol.
    The day of the results was literally one of the most emotional days of my life...and I am not an emotional person at all.

I was able to get married just over a year ago because of it :)

That was the thing, they felt strongly that same-sex marriage should be legalised, but they weren't going to bother to vote.

Same with my brother. He'd never voted either but had the same feelings.

So I made them all do it. Of course they were happy to, but might not have bothered if it wasn't made easy.

I know so many people who did the same thing that day. It was so important. I know a guy who had a post shared around Facebook telling people that if they were not going to vote for any reason out of inconvenience, send him a DM on Facebook and he'd go and drive you to and from the polling station. He was responsible for approx 11 extra votes that day.

Amazing. Or, as "No" campaigners might have called it, Shananigans!

Fox, via Tucker Carlson now are pushing Trump to continue to cry foul and for the good of America to not accept the results they are being given.

He has a contributor on now going after Lindsey Graham. The civil war we feared could take place within the Republic party. And I'd be ok with that.

the potentially ugly consequences wont be trumpists-on-republican tho

the latter will fall into line quickly and then itll be the poor and minorities to bear the brunt of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Can you back that up? A one-off glitch from a duff USB key, sorry being working in Tech a long time and have never seen a duff USB key cause a pretty random software glitch...more likely it was programmed to happen, Hammer Software and Scorecard, possibly changed 3%. That's a lot more plausible than the duff USB key story, FBI and Justice department involved.

Go to 28.50 here...

What a load of nonsense, pardon me!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

How dumb are you? How DUMB are YOU?

Are you trying to incite me into getting moderated?

You just asked this same ridiculous question in your last post - why not just get them to vote for you - and I politely answered you - because you just can't.

You can't just campaign more and have it reliably pick up all the votes. If that were the case they'd do nothing except campaign every day. There are some people you would never reach. It's diminishing returns.

You are the one claiming that it is easier to cheat and not get caught doing so and to manage to cheat so expertly that you win by only a couple of thousand votes in a state with an election population of several millions and to do so across multiple vote centres in consistent ratios that it raises no flags with unexpected results appearing where they shouldn't be and using multiple people in those multiple vote centres who then all keep quiet and nobody gets seen by any of the multiple observers from each party that are in each count centre.

I just think it might be somewhat simpler to tell people what you policies are and ask them to please vote for you.

Feel free to do something to get yourself moderated if you want to though.

J2CVC wrote: »
    Have any other group of presidential candidate supporters ever been been such sore losers?

Apparently democrats in 2016 and anyone who called out any of the crap trump did since then, but those accusing them of being snowflakes don't appear to be the alphas they claim to be and seem to be getting offended at everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

Trump now losing the plot with his legal team and asking people to find him “killer” Lawyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Tippex wrote: »
    Trump now losing the plot with his legal team and asking people to find him “killer” Lawyers.

It'll be their fault too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

FunLover18 wrote: »
    So they didn't want to make it too obvious but at the same time it is too obvious because apparently everyone in the Trump camp can see it. The democrats really are **** at this. Why aren't they using the oh so subtle approach of "count where I'm losing, stop counting where I'm winning".

I'm honestly not even sure anymore what's sarcasm or a serious question around here anymore. They obviously don't have that exact control over what is going on. They can't tell exactly what is enough before any votes are counted and as was pointed out they wanted to make sure they wouldn't be open to recounts.

The margins were pretty slim on what would be just about believable or not and they did a pretty good job in that regard since Biden has won all 4 of the remaining states comfortably without running away with it completely.

And yes, this isn't proof they've cheated, but it's highly suspicious. It will be up to Trump and his lawyers and investigators to prove it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Tippex wrote: »

i know a guy.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2Fe2%2F46%2F25d669cd4c1b9e41cd82269de11f%2F160902-baker-rudy-brooks.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Biden / Harris Prime Time speech expected soon from Wilmington, Delaware . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump considering getting rid of Rudy according to CNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

froog wrote: »
    i know a guy.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2Fe2%2F46%2F25d669cd4c1b9e41cd82269de11f%2F160902-baker-rudy-brooks.jpg

Jaysus, the difference between upper and lower teeth...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

froog wrote: »
    no one cares.

maybe so but I can only hear the "I'm a genius spiel so many times" so many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭memorystick

No Russia this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Anyone got a handy link? What was that link posted last night for Trump crazy horse speech?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,201 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

MrStuffins wrote: »
    That was the thing, they felt strongly that same-sex marriage should be legalised, but they weren't going to bother to vote.

Same with my brother. He'd never voted either but had the same feelings.

So I made them all do it. Of course they were happy to, but might not have bothered if it wasn't made easy.

I know so many people who did the same thing that day. It was so important. I know a guy who had a post shared around Facebook telling people that if they were not going to vote for any reason out of inconvenience, send him a DM on Facebook and he'd go and drive you to and from the polling station. He was responsible for approx 11 extra votes that day.

Amazing. Or, as "No" campaigners might have called it, Shananigans!
    I think that referendum really changed things for the better in ireland. I became a lot more open with people in work etc where as before I would be extremely guarded about my personal life until I knew someone well. I heard similar things from other gay people I know, I also know a few people who felt comfortable enough to come out to friends and family because it was in the news etc.

People like you and that guy on facebook helped make a real difference in people's lives. So thanks!

Anyway off topic.
    And off to bed.

Fingers crossed Biden is over the line when I wake up! But I won't hold my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

It was supposed to be at 1am. Where did you hear its happening soon? It hasn't been mentioned on CNN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

py2006 wrote: »
    Jaysus, the difference between upper and lower teeth...

yes normally you can't can't see the lower ones, they're masked by a soup of bloody marys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement