Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Here's an example for you:

Someone shitposts in one of the many, many forums you mod. You give them a 24hr ban.

You let them back in.

They shit post again.

You give them a week ban.

They come back. They Shitpost again and they get a permanent ban.

They go to the CMods and they say,"Biko has been too hard on me, I deserve to be let back in"

The CMods go to Biko and they say, "Hey, whats the craic with this lad? Why was he banned"

You say, "look at his post history, he's been given a load of chances. I'm adding him to the banned list"

The CMods say," Sure, go ahead. He's only going to do it again anyway".
    You just described normal modding process for someone trolling.
    There is nothing spiteful or vengeful about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Accepted. His policies were sh1te.

But that doesn't change the fact that Trump didn't kill nearly half a million people.

when the consequences of those policies are the deaths of 250,000 people at the last count then he is responsible for those deaths. whether it is 250,000 or 500,000 is splitting hairs. If i said he was responsible for the deaths of 10's of thousands of people would you find that acceptable?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If I give you COVID-19, that doesn't mean that I killed you. Same principle with Trump.

Is the hatred for Trump so strong that people can't see that the statement that Trump killed 500,000 people is not true. Yes, Trump's policies didn't help, I'm acknowledging that fact, but that doesn't make him a mass killer.

It does make him negligent as he failed to do things which could have prevented that number of deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Try reading what I said again.

You have time to write this response to work to an article you haven't read, instead of reading the article itself which would have taken a shorter amount of time?

I read it again, my answer is the same, I didn't write my response this in one go, I dipped in and out to do it. The same as this one in case you ask me to read what you said again. So instead of trying to be snotty why not just tell me what I said is wrong and why its wrong or move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

biko wrote: »
    I get that you're angry but what you guys are proscribing is simply put revenge.
    Hasn't Biden said it's time for the country to heal? You seem to be doing the opposite.

Healing doesn't mean people aren't held accountable for their crimes. Not surprised you want Trump and his fellow criminals and grifters to get off scott free. Seems the "lock her up" line only applies if you're a Democrat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If a person breaks a law then there is already a system in place.
    I get that you're angry but what you guys are proscribing is simply put revenge.
    Hasn't Biden said it's time for the country to heal? You seem to be doing the opposite.

Part of the healing process would be for those who committed crimes but escaped indictment under the banner of the administration, be held to account. No one is above the law

duploelabs wrote: »
    Part of the healing process would be for those who committed crimes but escaped indictment under the banner of the administration, be held to account. No one is above the law

The GOP and their supporters are only concerned about law and order when that law and order doesn't apply to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

You just described normal modding process for someone trolling.
    There is nothing spiteful or vengeful about it.

Vengeance:

"punishment inflicted or retribution exacted for an injury or wrong"

Mod process is in line with the above, no?

Creating a list of people like say for instance: Roger Stone, Michael Flynn etc in line with the post you were responding to, is the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Panrich

If I give you COVID-19, that doesn't mean that I killed you. Same principle with Trump.

Is the hatred for Trump so strong that people can't see that the statement that Trump killed 500,000 people is not true. Yes, Trump's policies didn't help, I'm acknowledging that fact, but that doesn't make him a mass killer.

He was certainly responsible for a percentage of those deaths with his refusal to advocate mask wearing and his demands that states open up for business so that his election chances were improved.

Now he is even more responsible as he has admitted via his COS that the administration has given up trying to contain the pandemic. I see that we are at record numbers of new cases and hospitisations and he still won't cooperate with Biden to address the problem or even get out of the way.

He will be judged very harshly for his selfishness and management of this pandemic.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    I read it again, my answer is the same, I didn't write my response this in one go, I dipped in and out to do it. The same as this one in case you ask me to read what you said again. So instead of trying to be snotty why not just tell me what I said is wrong and why its wrong or move on.

So instead of dipping in and out reading the article, you instead decided to respond to the article first before reading it? Do you really not see the problem with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

when the consequences of those policies are the deaths of 250,000 people at the last count then he is responsible for those deaths. whether it is 250,000 or 500,000 is splitting hairs. If i said he was responsible for the deaths of 10's of thousands of people would you find that acceptable?

I'm saying he killed absolutely nobody. Not even one person. His policies did very little to prevent their deaths, that's true. But he didn't kill anybody. That's actually a fact. COVID-19 (if you believe the numbers) killed those people, not Trump.
    robinph wrote: »
    It does make him negligent as he failed to do things which could have prevented that number of deaths.

Yes, he is probably negligent but again, that doesn't mean that he killed them.

Anyway, I'm not going to keep repeating myself so I'm going to drop out after this last comment.

Yes, Trump is an ar5ewipe and his policies did very little to stop the spread of COVID-19 and so far almost 500k people have died but that doesn't mean that he killed almost 500k people. He didn't kill them. COVID-19 killed them.

So instead of dipping in and out reading the article, you instead decided to respond to the article first before reading it? Do you really not see the problem with that?

Thanks for your time. Moving on.

I'm saying he killed absolutely nobody. Not even one person. His policies did very little to prevent their deaths, that's true. But he didn't kill anybody. That's actually a fact. COVID-19 (if you believe the numbers) killed those people, not Trump.

The post of mine did not say killed, it said responsible for. not the same thing. Somehow you decided to respond to something I didnt say which comes across as disingenuous at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Anyway, I'm not going to keep repeating myself so I'm going to drop out after this last comment.

Yes, Trump is an ar5ewipe and his policies did very little to stop the spread of COVID-19 and so far almost 500k people have died but that doesn't mean that he killed almost 500k people. He didn't kill them. COVID-19 killed them.

I mean, I don't want to Godwin the thread, but its like saying Hitler didn't kill any Jews because he didn't personally turn on the Gas chambers.

Trump has provided the environment for this to fester and has done nothing to to stop it. The buck stops at his desk no matter how much he loves to shirk any responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sorry to Godwin the thread but the bolded part also describes a wee chap named Adolf Hitler.

Edit: DS came to the same point above.

Thanks for your time. Moving on.

Typical Trumpist response. You can see the problem with your logic but don't want to admit to it.

So no one should be blamed for any form of biological warfare?

The post of mine did not say killed, it said responsible for. not the same thing. Somehow you decided to respond to something I didnt say which comes across as disingenuous at best.

I was responding to another poster who said Trump killed 500,000 of his fellow citizens and then you replied to my post. You said Trump was directly responsible for the consequences of his policies and I mistakenly thought you were implying that Trump killed 500,000 people. I apologise for that mistake, I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Yes, his policies did little to halt the spread of COVID-19.

But lets stick to facts. A poster said Trump killed approx 500,000 people. That's not true. COVID-19 killed those people.

Saying Trump killed them is a lie because he didn't kill them.

Given how consistently and actively Trump has spread that virus, your defense is akin to someone claiming they didn't shoot the victim, the gun did.

People would have still died with better handling of this by the US, but nowhere near the numbers that have as a direct result of Trumps failed handling of this and intentional, repeated lying to the public over the virus.

There's a reason why Trump supporters spent much of the first half of the year trying to champions Trumps performance on covid due to having considerably lower infection and death rates than Ireland or the EU while others were warming this would one itably skyrocket if he didn't respond accordingly. And there's a reason these same Trump supporters haveno longer have any interest whatsoever in talking about either of those today, as the US is over 50% higher than the EU in cases per million, almost treble that of Ireland's, and close to double the death rates of both.

Typical Trumpist response. You can see the problem with your logic but don't want to admit to it.

You don't know me, no matter how much you like to talk to me like your my mammy. Look after yourself. moving on.

• Advertisement

Given how consistently and actively Trump has spread that virus, your defense is akin to someone claiming they didn't shoot the victim, the gun did.

People would have still died with better handling of this by the US, but nowhere near the numbers that have as a direct result of Trumps failed handling of this.

There's a reason why Trump supporters spent much of the first half of the year trying to champions Trumps performance on covid due to having considerably lower infection and death rates than Ireland or the EU while others were warming this would one itably skyrocket if he didn't respond accordingly. And there's a reason these same Trump supporters haveno longer have any interest whatsoever in talking about either of those today, as the US is over 50% higher than the EU in cases per million, almost treble that of Ireland's, and close to double the death rates of both.

I don't disagree with what you are saying and I'm not defending Trump.

Yes, Trump's policies did fcukall to stop the spread of COVID-19, I'm not denying that. He did a ****e job. But he didn't kill 500k people, that's the only point I'm making.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Vengeance:

"punishment inflicted or retribution exacted for an injury or wrong"

Mod process is in line with the above, no?

Creating a list of people like say for instance: Roger Stone, Michael Flynn etc in line with the post you were responding to, is the same thing.
    One is an internet forum, the other real life.
    If you find Roger Stone or Michael Flynn trolling on boards.ie, report their posts and a mod will decide.

If you want to discuss modding process then I suggest Feedback or Helpdesk.
    That's all I will say about modding processes on boards here.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,584 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

"Hate Crimes Under Trump Surged Nearly 20 Percent."
    I note that it's the highest figure in ten years so was it higher when Obama was POTUS?
    Also there was El Paso last year, if we removed that what would the figures look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I mean, I don't want to Godwin the thread, but its like saying Hitler didn't kill any Jews because he didn't personally turn on the Gas chambers.

Trump has provided the environment for this to fester and has done nothing to to stop it. The buck stops at his desk no matter how much he loves to shirk any responsibility.

Trump Derangement Syndrome, Holocaustianity, Trump as Hitler, Covid Apocalypse, Trump as Murderer - It's amazing just how many media-generated narratives this tread is keeping alive. Imagine how bad it would be if he'd won.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I note that it's the highest figure in ten years so was it higher when Obama was POTUS?
    Also there was El Paso last year, if we removed that what would the figures look like?

all the stats you could want here. they dropped under Obama and rose again under Trump

https://www.statista.com/chart/16100/total-number-of-hate-crime-incidents-recorded-by-the-fbi/

Trump Derangement Syndrome, Holocaustianity, Trump as Hitler, Covid Apocalypse, Trump as Murderer - It's amazing just how many media-generated narratives this tread is keeping alive. Imagine how bad it would be if he'd won.

If Trump had won the election, a lot of American cities would be either burning or burned at this stage.

Well then respond to my post like an adult and without resorting to insults. Why did you spend time at work going in and out of responding to an article you didn't read before instead going in and out of reading the article first?

Well mammy, did you mean typical Trumpist as a compliment?

I was responding to this message
    weisses wrote: »
    You named it a revenge list ... So how will this revenge play out

A response to this message
    What do you think these lists will be used for? In what context will they be used?
    What in your opinion will these staffers/admins/etc be held to account for?

Let's say Trump manages to win in court, can they then put you on an accountability list for later use? What use?

Thats where I entered, Im not going to read back further as I am at work so wasn't going to read back through the thread but like a mental person I thought I could leave a message on a message board. And instead of just saying why you disagree with me you started critiquing my usage of said message board. And here we are.
    So again, Im moving on. Cheers. And I wont call you a typical anything.

If Trump had won the election, a lot of American cities would be either burning or burned at this stage.

he didn't. the trumpists need to start getting over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,584 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

all the stats you could want here. they dropped under Obama and rose again under Trump
    Cheers. That's kinda what I expected would be the case.
    Hopefully that figure drops sharply next year. I expect it will.

• Advertisement

Well mammy, did you mean typical Trumpist as a compliment?

I was responding to this message

A response to this message

Thats where I entered, Im not going to read back further as I am at work so wasn't going to read back through the thread but like a mental person I thought I could leave a message on a message board. And instead of just saying why you disagree with me you started critiquing my usage of said message board. And here we are.
    So again, Im moving on. Cheers. And I wont call you a typical anything.

You are fully aware these message are in response to an article that both of these users clearly have read based on the content of their messages. There's no need to be trying to act more foolish than you are to try to escape the fact that you wanted to take the lazy option of voicing your opinion on something that you didn't bother to spend thirty seconds reading up on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement