Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

he didn't. the trumpists need to start getting over it.

Agreed.

By the way, I hope you aren't counting me as a Trumpist?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

biko wrote: »
    One is an internet forum, the other real life.
    If you find Roger Stone or Michael Flynn trolling on boards.ie, report their posts and a mod will decide.

If you want to discuss modding process then I suggest Feedback or Helpdesk.
    That's all I will say about modding processes on boards here.

What should be done if they're doing it in real life?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Trump Derangement Syndrome, Holocaustianity, Trump as Hitler, Covid Apocalypse, Trump as Murderer - It's amazing just how many media-generated narratives this tread is keeping alive. Imagine how bad it would be if he'd won.

Lmao, is this for real?

My response was an analogy related to the trumps responsibility in relation to this crisis, I wasn't calling him Hitler.

I mean it's not like Trump engages in Authoritarianism, Race Baiting, Dehumanizing language of minorities...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I don't disagree with what you are saying and I'm not defending Trump.

Yes, Trump's policies did fcukall to stop the spread of COVID-19, I'm not denying that. He did a ****e job. But he didn't kill 500k people, that's the only point I'm making.

They didn't kill 500k - onky 250k have officially died of covid in the US.

He did however kill a large portion of that 250k - had he done a better job rather than actively encouraging the spread (note: he did it merely 'fail to stop the spread', he actively encouraged and facilitated it with his 'Liberation' armed uprisings and large scale rallies where no masks or distancing were required), a hell of a lot less people would have died.

Had the US managed to keep its numbers in line with where they were compared to the EU or Ireland, we would likely be looking at about 70,000 dead Americans rather than 250,000. At the rate its going up, that figure will be over 333,000 by the time he leaves office in January.

Had he not even stayed on lower rates despite all of his advantages and instead just matched the EU for death rates, the US would now be on about 150k dead. Had he just kept the death rate in line with Ireland as so many of his supporters were eager to compare them through the spring, the US would now be on about 125k dead.

Instead, the US outside of NY/NJ has gone from one of the least impacted noteworthy nations on the planet by covid, to one of the very most.

So yes, he absolutely was responsible for a huge portion of those 250m deaths and actively facilitated them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

You are fully aware these message are in response to an article that both of these users clearly have read based on the content of their messages. There's no need to be trying to act more foolish than you are to try to escape the fact that you wanted to take the lazy option of voicing your opinion on something that you didn't bother to spend thirty seconds reading up on.

I cant keep explaining the same things to you over and over. I don't have as much free time as you nor hold this argument to the same level of importance as you. If you want to report me go ahead but I'll use the site how I want to thank you very much. Insulting me again tut tut.

• Advertisement

WrenBoy wrote: »
    I cant keep explaining the same things to you over and over. I don't have as much free time as you nor hold this argument to the same level of importance as you. If you want to report me go ahead but I'll use the site how I want to thank you very much. Insulting me again tut tut.

Not insulting you, just pointing out that your post was completely pointless and is of no benefit to anyone on either side. If you're so busy at work, then perhaps avoiding this thread entirely would be in your best interest.

Not insulting you, just pointing out that your post was completely pointless and is of no benefit to anyone on either side. If you're so busy at work, then perhaps avoiding this thread entirely would be in your best interest.

I gave my opinion and welcome people to disagree and inform me.
    You did neither just whinged about me not messaging how you would like me to or going back through the thread to read a article.
    Ill engage with the site how I wish within the rules cheers.

I am sure the Nazi and Soviet communists' had excuses that made sense to them for putting people on lists also. It all sounds like the start of the 'up against the wall' movement that happened under those two evil regimes.

If someone has done something illegal in government then get the law to pursue them but do not start making lists, I think that would be obvious.
    You realise those who committed war crimes during ww2 ended up on lists? If criminal acts were committed, it's logical to investigate those involved...

I gave my opinion and welcome people to disagree and inform me.

You gave an opinion of something you didn't know the facts about because you decided to jump straight over the research. And you still don't see an issue with that.
    Ill engage with the site how I wish within the rules cheers.

Great, and you will always get replies by myself and others pointing out that what you said either makes no sense or is completely pointless. So it's probably in your best interest to accept that you'll get such replies otherwise you will be keep trying to defend your pointless posts as you are now with even more pointless, non-constructive posts like "thanks for your time. Moving on.".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

It's not utterly pointless if it signals virtuous and unwavering loyalty.

I had an emoji after that last sentence, but got rid of it because the above literally is the sole reason for the types of posts you're responding to.

• Advertisement

You gave an opinion of something you didn't know the facts about because you decided to jump straight over the research. And you still don't see an issue with that.

Great, and you will always get replies by myself and others pointing out that what you said either makes no sense or is completely pointless. So it's probably in your best interest to accept that you'll get such replies otherwise you will be keep trying to defend your pointless posts as you are now with even more pointless, non-constructive posts like "thanks for your time. Moving on.".

I'm sure I'll survive.

I'm sure I'll survive.

Well you're struggling as it is defending your posts with just one person pointing out the futility of them. Time will tell.

Well you're struggling as it is defending your posts with just one person pointing out the futility of them. Time will tell.

I didn't read the article, whats to defend? get over it.

I didn't read the article, whats to defend? get over it.

Defending your belief that you should be entitled to voice your opinion on things that you don't understand nor wish to understand better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Funny analogy, since I do sometimes wonder how biko would react to someone repeatedly posting in the same manner as they do here in the forums they moderate.
    Probably get the greenflag if it was about muslims:P

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

Defending your belief that you should be entitled to voice your opinion on things that you don't understand nor wish to understand better.

I've read your article and I still think making lists of people who should be "held accountable" (whatever that means) just because they support a president or candidate you disagree with is not good form. Smacks of Authoritarianism.

I've read your article and I still think making lists of people who should be "held accountable" (whatever that means) just because they support a president or candidate you disagree with is not good form. Smacks of Authoritarianism.

I think you meant to reply to this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

It is simply a list of people whose CV you should check in case they forgot to include the fact that they willingly helped the worst American President in 100 years kill a half million* of your fellow citizens.

Why would anyone but another crook hire any of them?

(* not a half million yet, but it will be by Jan 21st)

I read that Biden is quoted as saying more people may die' if Trump doesn't ensure smooth transfer of power'

I mean, it's really worrying to me that this kind of politic (by any side tbh) and reportage is somehow now normal behaviour in society and that normal people just think its perfectly fine to come out with it without any critical review or thought.

Its accusing people of murder and genocide.

Really?

I am actually really interested to see how these same people and politic are going to react once Biden is in the white house, doing exactly the same stuff as Trump or any other POTUS does or will do. I suspect it won't be the same.

Its crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I read that Biden is quoted as saying more people may die' if Trump doesn't ensure smooth transfer of power'

Biden's point was that he cannot attend any of the presidential meetings and there is no plan for a transition.

So he's going to land in the White House in January with no preparation and no handover, which could potentially cost lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I mean, it's really worrying to me that this kind of politic (by any side tbh) and reportage is somehow now normal behaviour in society and that normal people just think its perfectly fine to come out with it without any critical review or thought.

Really?

I am actually really interested to see how these same people and politic are going to react once Biden is in the white house, doing exactly the same stuff as Trump or any other POTUS does or will do. I suspect it won't be the same.

Its crazy stuff.

what do you think the outcome will be if there is no smooth transition of power? Biden will have to spend time clearing up that mess before he can make any positive changes. In the meantime more people will die of covid who dont have to. what about that causes you problems?

• Advertisement

You don't think that's true?

Edit: Had a quick look at your post history. Oof, that's a no from me dawg.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,159 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

John Oliver fantastic as usual
    https://youtu.be/cMz_sTgoydQ
    It really shows how ridiculous the voter fraud claims are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Really?

Its crazy stuff.

'more people will die'- future tense
    Murder and genecude would be something in the past tense.

Be best to actually read what you're typing

You don't think that's true?

Edit: Had a quick look at your post history. Oof, that's a no from me dawg.

Had a look through your post history, Oof, you continue to play the man not the ball in your discussions....

I don't think it's of any relevance what happens before the inauguration.
    Until you've the hand on the tiller, you can read as many maps as you like but you still won't be any better prepared.

Its virtue signalling and playing the gallery by Biden.
    Get used to it though. Trump will snarl at you and kick you in the balls, Biden will smile at you and kick you in the balls. Its all the same thing though.

I thought Obama was better than to follow suit though. I was disappointed with that.

But What is wrong with ensuring democracy is honored? why are the Dems not also demanding that the vote is checked and validated and that as is only right, the winner is only declared as such once complete?

Lets switcharoo, why are the Dems constantly undermining the POTUS at every turn and opportunity? Why are they distracting him and the current administration in its emergency effort to work through Covid? Do they themselves not realise that this constant electioneering, virtue signalling and playing to the media is itself going to cost lives?

duploelabs wrote: »
    'more people will die'- future tense
    Murder and genecude would be something in the past tense.

Be best to actually read what you're typing
    they willingly helped the worst American President in 100 years kill a half million* of your fellow citizens.

* cough *

(oh, and turn your spell checker on lol)

But What is wrong with ensuring democracy is honored? why are the Dems not also demanding that the vote is checked and validated and that as is only right, the winner is only declared as such once complete?

Because there's been no evidence to suggest that it is necessary, just like there was no evidence for previous presidential elections.

Had a look through your post history, Oof, you continue to play the man not the ball in your discussions....

I don't think it's of any relevance what happens before the inauguration.
    Until you've the hand on the tiller, you can read as many maps as you like but you still won't be any better prepared.

Its virtue signalling and playing the gallery by Biden.
    Get used to it though. Trump will snarl at you and kick you in the balls, Biden will smile at you and kick you in the balls. Its all the same thing though.

I thought Obama was better than to follow suit though. I was disappointed with that.

Lets switcharoo, why are the Dems constantly undermining the POTUS at every turn and opportunity? Why are they distracting him and the current administration in its emergency effort to work through Covid? Do they themselves not realise that this constant electioneering, virtue signalling and playing to the media is itself going to cost lives?

what emergency work would this be?

Because there's been no evidence to suggest that it is necessary, just like there was no evidence for previous presidential elections.

Shouldn't have any issue with making the case for validation then huh?

Nothing to hide, nothing fear.

what emergency work would this be?

Oh nothing, my bad, sorry.

The whole of the current administration is just sat around the oval table sucking down Darjeeling and chatting **** to Mrs Nesbit obviously. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Oh nothing, my bad, sorry.

The whole of the current administration is just sat around the oval table sucking down Darjeeling and chatting **** to Mrs Nesbit obviously. :rolleyes:

trump spends his time tweeting about "stolen" elections. hasn't attended a meeting about covid in months. So tell me what work they are doing. It shouldn't be that difficult if they are doing so much

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement