Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

Shouldn't have any issue with making the case for validation then huh?

Nothing to hide, nothing fear.

That's not the point. It makes the citizens tense and anxious for no reason and doesn't allow for a smooth transition.

Why were you not as concerned about it four years ago? Or in any of our own previous elections? If I did another quick scan of your post history, would I find any posts about you suggesting something similar should be done at previous elections? If not, why do you think that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

Had a look through your post history, Oof, you continue to play the man not the ball in your discussions....

I don't think it's of any relevance what happens before the inauguration.
    Until you've the hand on the tiller, you can read as many maps as you like but you still won't be any better prepared

Its virtue signalling and playing the gallery by Biden.
    Get used to it though. Trump will snarl at you and kick you in the balls, Biden will smile at you and kick you in the balls. Its all the same thing though.

I thought Obama was better than to follow suit though. I was disappointed with that.

But What is wrong with ensuring democracy is honored? why are the Dems not also demanding that the vote is checked and validated and that as is only right, the winner is only declared as such once complete?

Lets switcharoo, why are the Dems constantly undermining the POTUS at every turn and opportunity? Why are they distracting him and the current administration in its emergency effort to work through Covid? Do they themselves not realise that this constant electioneering, virtue signalling and playing to the media is itself going to cost lives?

The bolded part is what I want to take you up on. You think that there is no need to do any preparatory work and you'd be able to work on something the day you start that job? To put another way, should a doctor not bother going to college and learn about what he or she will need to do out in practice or wait until they are appointed a position in a hospital to just start to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Oh nothing, my bad, sorry.

The whole of the current administration is just sat around the oval table sucking down Darjeeling and chatting **** to Mrs Nesbit obviously. :rolleyes:

The fact you can't answer the question says all it needs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

gmisk wrote: »
    John Oliver fantastic as usual
    https://youtu.be/cMz_sTgoydQ
    It really shows how ridiculous the voter fraud claims are.

Nonsense. Of course there's voter fraud. In fact, they're so good at it there is no evidence.

Whatever about hating Hillary and given him the nod to spite the body politic, how after four years of constant lying do people follow Trump's lies and continuous attacks on democracy with absolute faith.

You really have to be stupid, or at the very least completely pig ignorant, to be Trump supporter these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

* cough *

(oh, and turn your spell checker on lol)
    they willingly helped the worst American President in 100 years kill a half million* of your fellow citizens.

Where's that quote from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

trump spends his time tweeting about "stolen" elections. hasn't attended a meeting about covid in months. So tell me what work they are doing. It shouldn't be that difficult if they are doing so much

All his time? A bit of his some? some of his time? none of his time (it's quite plausible he has a ghostwriter you know)

Is that too analogue for you? Is your life a struggle between simple yes and no problems? Its all or nothing?, no grey zones in your world huh.

i suppose you've never worked on large projects either, where the leads and PMs are discouraged from attending all meetings as it causes distraction?

Hmm.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Where's that quote from?

Good grief

The fact you can't answer the question says all it needs to.

I have no reply to daft questions, correct.

What.Now wrote: »
    The bolded part is what I want to take you up on. You think that there is no need to do any preparatory work and you'd be able to work on something the day you start that job? To put another way, should a doctor not bother going to college and learn about what he or she will need to do out in practice or wait until they are appointed a position in a hospital to just start to do it.

You think being prepared will take 2+ months?

It'll take an afternoon around the oval table with key stakeholders. Anything else is just noise at this point.

Yours is a romantic version of reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,584 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Is that too analogue for you? Is your life a struggle between simple yes and no problems? Its all or nothing?, no grey zones in your world huh.

Good grief

I have no reply to daft questions, correct.

Time you had a look back at what your are posting I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

All his time? A bit of his some? some of his time? none of his time (it's quite plausible he has a ghostwriter you know)

i suppose you've never worked on large projects either, where the leads and PMs are discouraged from attending all meetings as it causes distraction?

Hmm.

He hasn't attended ANY meetings about it. for months. 1000 people dying every day and he can't be arsed attending a meeting. Instead he held mass rallies that caused 100's of deaths. But yeah, you keep on thinking he is doing such a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It'll take an afternoon around the oval table with key stakeholders. Anything else is just noise at this point.

you have not got a balls notion what you are talking about.

Thank you for confirming that you haven't got a clue what you're doing talking about so I can spend time doing something more constructive than replying to your nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

To paraphrase yourself, do some reading

Again, less of the childish retorts and perhaps something a bit more mature. What's the source for your quote, I'm not going to source it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I don't think it's of any relevance what happens before the inauguration.
    Until you've the hand on the tiller, you can read as many maps as you like but you still won't be any better prepared.

My work is project based and even in my own relatively low scale job, I would have to have handovers, to various degrees. Some are minor, some can take days, even weeks.

With regards to a President of a large country, it would be absolutely IMPERATIVE that he be briefed on ongoing situations and where future projections are possibly going to lead. Especially during a global pandemic that has already killed a quarter of a million people in the country.

The idea that you could just plonk someone into a position like that and not brief them is laughable.

And this is exactly what Trump has being doing the last 4 years and we are nearly at 1/4 million deaths in his country.
    He's a lazy b____x

I read that Biden is quoted as saying more people may die' if Trump doesn't ensure smooth transfer of power'

I mean, it's really worrying to me that this kind of politic (by any side tbh) and reportage is somehow now normal behaviour in society and that normal people just think its perfectly fine to come out with it without any critical review or thought.

Its accusing people of murder and genocide.

Really?

I am actually really interested to see how these same people and politic are going to react once Biden is in the white house, doing exactly the same stuff as Trump or any other POTUS does or will do. I suspect it won't be the same.

Its crazy stuff.

A smooth transition of power during a global pandemic that is killing a thousand people a day is incredibly important. So yes, instability like that will potentially contribute to deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

The whole of the current administration is just sat around the oval table sucking down Darjeeling and chatting **** to Mrs Nesbit obviously. :rolleyes:

They have admitted that they have given up trying to control COVID:

"We are not going to control the pandemic. We are going to control the fact that we get vaccines, therapeutics and other mitigation areas," Meadows told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

A smooth transition of power during a global pandemic that is killing a thousand people a day is incredibly important. So yes, instability like that will potentially contribute to deaths.

I think the carry on of so many US citizens who refuse to wear masks, refuse to adhere to social distancing etc. is also contributing to deaths.

It aint all Trump's fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I think the carry on of so many US citizens who refuse to wear masks, refuse to adhere to social distancing etc. is also contributing to deaths.

Those that behave that way are largely his followers and he did VERY little to discourage that behavior. Almost encouraging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It is because he has led the charge that it is all a nonsense, that you don't need to wear masks, that it is belittling of anyone to wear a mask. It is because of that carry on that it has been like it is.

Can you imagine if he had decreed a national emergency (like he did when a few migrants were walking towards the border) and demanding immediate action to stop the virus what could have been achieved?

Instead he tried to bully governors into being nice to him, mocked those that went into lockdown (and still his).

This lies 100% at his door. He would do even if he hadn't previously stated that the ultimate responsibility lies with POTUS.

But it doesn't matter what you or I think, history will judge him for that he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Trump isn't putting in place any measures to mitigate the spread of COVID, though. Minimising cases by a couple of simple changes, like wearing a mask fora example, is entirely possible. But he has actively fought against that effort and encouraged the likes of anti mask morons and their fucking ejitry, just because they're part of his base.

So, while Trump hasn't personally gone around and given millions of people COVID, he has contributed in a great way to the spread of it by his actions, words and encouragement.

The buck stops with him, because that's part of the job he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Who knew preparing to run the most powerful country in the world is no different to learning how to flip burgers in Mcdonalds? :eek:

py2006 wrote: »
    Those that behave that way are largely his followers and he did VERY little to discourage that behavior. Almost encouraging it.

He did encourage it.

How do you expect people who follow their president's advice on issues to act when that president:
    • said in the past on wearing masks that he "won't be doing it personally" (source)
    • said that Americans who wear face coverings are doing so just to show their disapproval of him rather than as a preventive measure (source)
    • didn't wear a mask when he was legally required to wear one (source)
    • wasn't wearing a mask because he thought he would look ridiculous (source)
    • mocks people for wearing masks (source)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Who knew preparing to run the most powerful country in the world is no different to learning how to flip burgers in Mcdonalds? :eek:

I'm sure Roger the Cabin Boy is very knowledgeable on the intricate matters of a US Presidential handover.
    Any chance he could tell us who really killed Kennedy and where the aliens are kept?
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭political analyst

I think that, of those who voted for Trump, only a few million (at most) don't accept the result. So why are Lindsey Graham and other prominent Republicans so desperate to appease that group?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I think that, of those who voted for Trump, only a few million (at most) don't accept the result. So why are Lindsey Graham and other prominent Republicans so desperate to appease that group?

70% of Republicans seem to actually believe this - https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/09/republicans-free-fair-elections-435488?nname=politico-nightly&nid=00000170-c000-da87-af78-e185fa700000&nrid=0000014e-f10a-dd93-ad7f-f90f318e0001&nlid=2670445

Decades of conditioning can be a powerful thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I am actually really interested to see how these same people and politic are going to react once Biden is in the white house, doing exactly the same stuff as Trump or any other POTUS does or will do.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1325890910635384839?s=19

He's already doing a better job than Trump and he's not even in the White House yet. And he won't be "doing exactly the same stuff as Trump" because he's not a self obsessed, sociopathic moron.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement