Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The 1st pitch of childish retorts what from you. How about you practice what you preach?

And let's be honest, having never stepped in the Oval office or held any office of any note whatsoever, neither do you.

Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

And he won't just have an afternoon to do the handover as well you know so stop with the faux outrage and drama.

The electoral college will confirm the result. Biden will be made President elect.
    The transition teams will have much time (months, not hrs) to do its job.

Stop talking out of your hat just for political points. It diminishes any value your comments may have.

Great, you know that it can be done in 1 month, over Christmas.

What are you basing this assessment on? Do you have a breakdown on the different tasks to be handed over and how long each of them takes?

Have you any take on what possible disadvantage there would be in letting the presumptive President Elect start earlier? Or alternately what is the disadvantage to the country of doing so?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So why have all previous administrations had a month or two handover? Even W Bush, whilst they were still fighting the election in court, was given access by Clinton (Gore already had it as VP).

So the question becomes why would all previous administrations have taken 2+ months prior to inauguration when, according to you, they don't need it?

Now thinking back on any new job I have started, it normally takes a few weeks to get a handle on the new people I'm working with, their systems, policies, procedures. I need log-ins, access to software, company access cards, credit cards. I need to be introduced to my team, other teams, other offices. Explained the key customers, competitors, issues, areas that will soon be issues.

Now, none of my jobs includes the lives and livelihoods of millions of people, billions of $'s.

With COVID being the NO1 issue facing the world and the US, don't you think it would be worthwhile for Biden, and his teams, to get a handle on what is in place, what is in the air? What about the threat from Iran, where are the NK discussions, what has been set up with Putin?

The election has only today ( i believe) been fully 100% called by the pollers.
    Its hardly like the POTUS team is bunkering up lol.

Spare me the drama please.

Great, you know that it can be done in 1 month, over Christmas.

What are you basing this assessment on? Do you have a breakdown on the different tasks to be handed over and how long each of them takes?

Do you have deep insider knowledge that transition must start NOW else its Dooooomed?

No. Ya don't.

Do you have deep insider knowledge that transition must start NOW else its Dooooomed?

No. Ya don't.

You claimed 1 month is fine. My evidence is that all recent transitions have taken place over a number of month, not less than 1.

So the burden of proof is very much on you to show why previous administrations have dragded it out and where you see them being able to safely do it.

You have not provided anything to show that you understand what is required and thus how it can be accomplished.

I have no doubt Biden will manage to get it done, but the key question is why should he have to? What positive impact on the US is refusing to give him the normal access? Is there any other reason that Trump feels a bit butt hurt?

Whether they need it or not, I can see no argument that it make the US better off by refusing it.

• Advertisement

the electoral colleges votes are not counted until Jan 6th. He wont have months.

and it was you that mentioned an afternoon. if having your nonsense thrown back at you is painful then perhaps stop writing said nonsense.

Ya, the process itself starts once all the poll the calls are finally in. (Today oddly enough) Be pedantic to suit your own argument but isn't worth much.

Ask me again in a week or two if Trump hasn't conceded and then i will perhaps be less sympathetic to him.

Due process be damned huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

No. Ya don't.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/11/former-bush-chief-of-staff-cites-9/11-warns-about-slow-transition.html

“The 9/11 Commission had said if there had been a longer transition and there had been cooperation, there might have been a better response, or maybe not even any attack,” the former chief of staff said. “This is very serious, so we’re calling on the president to open up the transition office, give the money out, let people start transitioning, and get ready to take the baton at January 20th at noontime, even if we don’t know the full results.”

Ya, the process itself starts once all the poll the calls are finally in. (Today oddly enough) Be pedantic to suit your own argument but isn't worth much.

Ask me again in a week or two if Trump hasn't conceded and then i will perhaps be less sympathetic to him.

Due process be damned huh.

What due process? What are you talking about?

Giving access to Biden to start the transition doesn't mean that, if the election was overturned, that Biden would have to be POTUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

The reality of the situation is the US could likely have saved about 3/4s of those that died - around 190k and rising daily - had trump not failed so spectacularly here. He simply chose not to because work is hard.

The irony there is that he REALLY could have used some of those largely elderly voters a few weeks ago. Georgia, Arizona and Pittsburgh are all in the top 11 states for total deaths.

You claimed 1 month is fine. My evidence is that all recent transitions have taken place over a number of month, not less than 1.

So the burden of proof is very much on you to show why previous administrations have dragded it out and where you see them being able to safely do it.

You have not provided anything to show that you understand what is required and thus how it can be accomplished.

I have no doubt Biden will manage to get it done, but the key question is why should he have to? What positive impact on the US is refusing to give him the normal access? Is there any other reason that Trump feels a bit butt hurt?

Whether they need it or not, I can see no argument that it make the US better off by refusing it.

Its a daft argument. Both know Jack sh.t about the truth of it so lets not pretend we do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

Its easy to have an intern punch a few lines on Twitter.

Telling the paranoid American public, who's citizens actually maintain private armies should personal freedoms and liberty become in any way threatened whatsever by the government to "Wear a mask" is another thing.

Well, I suppose biden will trot some socially responsible and virtuose line out "Encouraging" the american public to wear a mask when in office but it won't be an instruction and thus will be largely ignored by those who don't want to and that will be a further point of tension between the two sides and then Biden will be seen as weak and so on and so forth etc.

Idealistic nonsense to think Biden will be much different than Trump. He will just sell it differently.

What are you talking about?

You insinuated that Biden would not do what he preached yet he demonstrated and is constantly demonstrating that he is currently doing what he preaches.

Do you agree?.

If so, good we are getting places.

You can then follow up with a different point if you so wish.

The point I think you wish to follow up on is that it won't make any difference if he requests people to wear masks.

The reality of the situation is the US could likely have saved about 3/4s of those that died - around 190k and rising daily - had trump not failed so spectacularly here. He simply chose not to because work is hard.

The irony there is that he REALLY could have used some of those largely elderly voters a few weeks ago. Georgia, Arizona and Pittsburgh are all in the top 11 states for total deaths.

You really believe this?

Christ.

I am no trumpite (honestly) but i can't get behind stuff like this and its outrageous accusation of this ilk that make me sympathise with him to some extent.

Just wowsers.

What.Now wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

You insinuated that Biden would not do what he preached yet he demonstrated and is constantly demonstrating that he is currently doing what he preaches.

Do you agree?.

If so, good we are getting places.

You can then follow up with a different point if you so wish.

The point I think you wish to follow up on is that it won't make any difference if he requests people to wear masks.

Using twitter is doing something?

I thought POTUS Twitter usage is what upsets you lot so much in the 1st place?

Its a daft argument. Both know Jack sh.t about the truth of it so lets not pretend we do.

But we do. We both know that al recent transitions have taken longer than the 1 month you seem to suggest (which is a shift from your previous position that it was not really necessary at all).

Try to deal with some of the issues we know they will have to deal with.

Get a heads up on the situation with PPE.
    Get a read on the current heads of departments, some of which will be retiring/moving on and need to be placed, some of which will need to be replaced.
    What departments are facing overall shortages, need reassignments from other agencies.
    What internal threats have been identified by the FBI.
    What are the ket exteral threats identified by the CIA?
    Waht areas of the county are suffering fro COVID, and need additional resources, which can be reduced?
    What allies need immediate communication, what type, with who?
    What countries pse the biggest threats?
    Which sectors or the economy need most help?
    What is happening with Crime?
    What is happening with the war on drugs?
    What are the biggest economic pressures facing the country?
    What is the state of play in terms of energy availability?
    What threats are facing the military abroad?
    What is the state of play in terms of the COVID stimulos package?
    Are there any urgent issues with nuclear facilities?
    What about public health? Has there been any breakouts in terms of water treatment etc.
    What are the key infrastructure issues and why are they still unresolved?

Just off the top my head

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

Using twitter is doing something?

I thought POTUS Twitter usage is what upsets you lot so much in the 1st place?

What is your point about Twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭briany

Its a huge deal. Voting needs to be trusted and transparent and honest regardless of who or what is up for election.

The idea that the last US election has been anything but trusted, transparent and honest has yet to stand up in any court where such a case has been presented. If the vote is so obviously crooked, then it would be a much easier case to make with lots of supporting evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

briany wrote: »
    The idea that the last US election has been anything but trusted, transparent and honest has yet to stand up in any court where such a case has been presented. If the vote is so obviously crooked, then it would be a much easier case to make with lots of supporting evidence.

I wonder what Lindsey Graham has been up to in Georgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Someone is lying here but if I were a betting man I'd say Graham has pants on fire. WTF is he up to? Mr "States Rights" is interfering in State business that has nothing to do with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I wonder what Lindsey Graham has been up to in Georgia.

Georgia or George?
    Lindsey is a snake, no one should trust him.

Hopefully Biden starts an investigation on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You think being prepared will take 2+ months?

It'll take an afternoon around the oval table with key stakeholders..

Then why, in your previous post, are you pretending that you do know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I am no trumpite (honestly) but i can't get behind stuff like this and its outrageous accusation of this ilk that make me sympathise with him to some extent.

I expect accusation of trolling to be coming soon enough (as is usual for somebody who dares to row against the internet tides) so i will lay back in the hay as it were.
    Constantly insulting. Good to hear you are taking a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

The Concession speech we should have got: (skip to 5:40)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Pennsylvania Supreme Court rules against Team Trump, have they been successful in any court case recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Pennsylvania Supreme Court rules against Team Trump, have they been successful in any court case recently?

any links for this? I can't see anything on CCN, BBC or AP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

any links for this? I can't see anything on CCN, BBC or AP.

Might be the following they are referring to

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/nov/17/us-election-joe-biden-donald-trump-coronavirus-covid-19-live-updates?page=with%3Ablock-5fb43c108f08b4f3c5674a31

Philadelphia election officials did not improperly block Donald Trump’s campaign from observing the counting of mail-in ballots, the Pennsylvania supreme court ruled 5-2 on Tuesday, a major blow to the president’s already flailing legal efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Smee_Again wrote: »

They are currently 1-25, and as I recall the 1 was a ruling to continue segregating votes that were already segregated.

The best people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Advertisement

is that the case that Rudy argued personally?

No for that one, the judge hasn't ruled yet as far as I can see, but open to correction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement